Aaron's Summer of '77 Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Adam is stunned when he hears this.

"I never knew that Riku!"

"Of course you wouldn't have Adam. She knew your Father well and promised him when he left Brockville many years ago she would watch over you as best she could and keep him informed. I assume she never knew you were gay and still does not know now..."

"Ummm... no Riku. That is not until after she met Aaron and then I think she sorta' knew after that."

"We have much to discuss and share Adam. May I come over to spend time with you for the time you are in Edmonton? I would like that and want to help you with whatever you may need during this difficult time... for us both."

"I'd like that Riku. Any time at all. It's your house after all and I know you have his cat."

"It was always a safe and comfortable place for both he and I Adam. That is how I always thought of it. And yes, of course you will want to meet 'Adam'. He resembles you. I can see now why Tom felt compelled to adopt him years ago. Strong, determined, with hazel green eyes and an abundant, dark sable Manx coat of fur. Hopefully you are not as willful and headstrong as your tailless namesake is..."

"Well... I'd say that Aaron would probably think otherwise." Adam sits back and smiles to himself.

Riku smiles as well.

"Heya' cookie. I got to meet Riku Kobayashi today."

I'm upstairs on the hallway phone with Adam. "Who is Riku Adam."

"He's my Dad's lover Aaron. He's really something. You'd like him."

"How are you doing with getting everything settled out there?"

"Well baby... Dad's remains from the crematorium are with me now. They're in a beautiful copper-coloured urn that the funeral director told me was Japanese and very old. Guess that makes sense now after meeting Riku. I met with the Lawyer and she gave me lots of information and I'm going to go through what he has here in the house and start to figure out what to keep and what I want to either donate or throw out in the next week or so. I'm gonna' head back there after that and take my time coming home and you can let everyone know I'll be back in time before Easter. You know honey... I'm really glad I decided to do this."

"I figured you would Adam. But I just didn't want to push you into doing anything you didn't feel right about doing. You'll call your Mom and let her know, right Adam?"

"We not gonna' have any problems with money and finances baby. I'm not gonna' get into all the details with you over the phone. But my Dad saw to it I'd be well-taken care of after he was gone. I feel so good about that Aaron."

"He must have loved you Adam."

"Yeah, he sure did."

"I miss you so much Adam."

"I miss you too baby. Ya' know honey, I haven't had a lot to laugh about since I got out here. I miss you teasing me and ummm... uh... oh yeah! I miss that cute, tight boy butt of yours too! I'll be drivin' Dad's car back from Alberta when I leave here. I figure it'll take me a week or so to get back. Are you gonna' be in Ottawa or Brockville when I get there?"

"Probably Ottawa. Depends on whether you get back here on a school day or over a weekend. Mom and Dad said to say hi by the way and that they were so sorry to hear about your Dad."

They're good people honey. You're lucky to have them both."

"So Adam... since you mentioned it to me just now. Do I dare even ask about this car of your Dad's? Hopefully it's better than the old Bonneville he left your Mom when he disappeared."

"Well honey, it's a 1972 Dodge Charger SE Magnum 440 Rallye 2 door hardtop coupe. At least that's what the badges and lettering say on it. I hadta' dig it out from under two feet of snow to get a decent look at it. It must have been sitting outside of Dad's place here the whole six weeks he was in hospital right before he died. It's kinda' slippery-looking like a shark fin with a 'power bulge' front hood scoop and a back spoiler."

Then he tries to pretend like he knows cars and blurts out, "Honey, it's got a huge honkin' 440 cubic inch 5.7 litre magnum four barrel hemi 280 horsepower V8 motor with a 3.51:1 rear axle ratio, an 8 ¾ rear posi-traction limited-slip differential, a heavy-duty 'Richard Petty 'Nascar' racing-tuned suspension and a 3 speed 727 torque-flight automatic transmission!"

"Adam? Do you even know who 'Richard Petty' is or what any of that actually means?"

Five seconds of an embarrassed pause and then he admits in a low, subdued, little boy voice, "Ummm... nooo... not really Aaron. I read it in the owner's manual and off the service repair records I found in in the glove compartment. It just made me feel kinda' butch to be able to say that to ya' just now... especially the 'power bulge' thing!"

Stifling a smile, I respond with, "Hmmm... thought so... you're not exactly a gear head or a mechanical genius when it comes to cars. Your 'Nascar' track record with me isn't exactly the greatest you know... "

"Ahhh... c'mon now honey! Gimme' a break! Honestly though, my Dad must have really loved it 'cause it'll look brand new once it's all cleaned up. He took real good care of it Aaron. He musta' stored it somewhere heated indoors in the winters until he got too sick this past year 'cause there's like no rust on it at all that I can see. It's gonna' be a real pig on gas and the trip back in it will probably bankrupt me. Red-line the damn thing and you'll probably see the needle on the gas gauge start to go down. But it's only got 21,000 miles on it and even though it sat outside behind Dad's place here practically all winter, I was able to get someone to give the battery a boost and eventually it started just fine for me. I'll get it all tuned up before I make the trip back home there."

He pauses for a moment, then chuckles and continues with, "Ya' know baby... now that I'm thinking about it, it kinda' reminds me of you. I think I gonna' nick-name it the 'Aaron sex-mobile'. The dual mufflers on it moan and groan like you do when I stick my cock in ya'! And it throbs and shakes and vibrates just like you do when you cum for me too!"

Adam then let's loose with one of his obscene, dirty laughs and continues with, "It's got a really big, cushy, padded front seat that leans right back for me to stretch and spread my long legs out. I tested it and you'll be able to play with my big cock and suck me off while I drive it and go free-ballin' anytime ya' like honey. I'll even spray some of my 'Eau Sauvage' cologne on the driver's seat where my furry crotch and hairy butt crack will be sittin' so you can feel right at home down there!"

More teasing laughter and then with a sudden burst of creative inspiration he comes out with, "Sooo... how's the crotch of my old grey pants and suit jacket with the pit stains you love holdin' up there baby? They're gonna' be wanting you to start lookin' for a real private place for us to play with each other in the Aaron sex mobile. I might even letcha' loose on my new trousers and sports jacket from Craig's in my new wheels on special occasions if you're extra special nice to me!"

I'm deadly silent on the other end of the phone.

He senses it and realises he'd better quit while he's still ahead. "Ummm... I hope ya' do know baby there's nothing wrong with a little fetish as long as you're not hurtin' yourself or anyone else with it. We all have weird, strange things that make us hot and juicy and get our 'wires' up baby. Hmmm... 'izzzn't it.". And then he chuckles.

He just couldn't resist making that 'Camilla Mezaros' 'izzzn't it' crack to me... jeez'.

"Cookie, seriously now... this whole kinky thing you've got with my old grey suit pants and jacket doesn't bother me 'cause it's harmless and you seem to really get off on it and I get fringe benefits from it. I know you love me for more than just my old clothes. It's the sweaty, hairy hunk under those clothes ya' really love."

"Adam, the fact is it's the first thing I ever saw you wearing when I started to jerk off and fantasize about you back in Fullerton's. Your 'power bulge' and sexy, hairy man ass were images I just couldn't get out of my mind back then. You just looked so damned masculine and confident and manly to me. That's why I remember it and still get off on that old suit... especially when you're wearing it with nothing on underneath."

Ahhh... I know that and I understand honey. But just so ya' know, I'm gonna' tease you about it every now and then. Trust me though. I'd never embarrass you in front of anyone else and it'll always be our little secret. OK baby?"

"Dig that hole a little deeper there sasq'. "

He roars with laughter and delivers the final line of his 'Adam Blanchard' amateur improv' comedy act. "Oh and yeah baby. While I'm thinking of our extra-curricular play time here, start making up shopping lists 'cause I'm gonna' be taking lots and lots of long-distance, slow lane, roundabout trips to the grocery store, the hardware store, the drug store, the book store, the convenience store and any other fuckin' store I can think of with you between my legs workin' my stick shift!"

"Ummm... Adam. Actually... all I really wanted to know was what colour it was."

When I said that to him I thought he'd choke for sure and pass out on the other end of the phone line with hysterical laughter.

"Adam?"

"Yeah baby...?"

"Adam?"

"What baby...?"

"You'll never make it as a comedian. Better stick with your day job."

"Ahhh honey! C'mon! Laugh! I miss you! But seriously Aaron about the car, it'll be OK for now and should get us around in the city just fine. I think though I'm just probably gonna' keep it for a year or so and then maybe trade it in for something newer... something cheaper on gas, once things settle down with finding a new place for us and starting my new job and all."

"Trading 'your' Aaron in for something newer after only a year...? We're going to have to have a very serious discussion when you get back Adam."

Another guffaw and then he says, "Had to have the last laugh, didn't ya honey?"

"Always Adam. And I miss you too sasquatch'! Please don't stay out there too long. Come home soon."

Several days later and Adam is back at Tom's townhouse waiting for Riku to arrive. A refined and graceful-looking sky blue Mercedes Benz 280SE 3.5 coupe pulls up in front. Riku climbs out and starts to walk up to the front door. He pulls a key out to let himself in, then remembers Tom is really gone and he must now ring the doorbell instead of intruding on Adam's privacy. The look of sadness on Riku's expressive face over the loss of his lover is clearly evident.

"Heya' Riku. Thanks for waiting for me to get myself organized before coming over. I woulda' called you before this. But there's just so much to go through and I wanted a couple of days to get my head around everything."

"I understand Adam. Thank you so much for letting me come. I know where Tom keeps his tea. Do you mind if I make us some tea or would you rather do that yourself?"

"It must be very strange for you to feel like a guest in this place Riku. I've been thinking about that a lot since we met and I think I'd be just as comfortable as you if you just went ahead and did the things you normally would have done here if my Dad was still alive and here now. Is that OK with you?"

"Thank you Adam. We had our ceremonies and rituals and I will make tea for us now."

Riku smiles warmly.

"You know Riku, I'm sorta' shocked at how much my Dad and I had in common. First thing I did was start to go through his books in the upstairs second bedroom. He really was interested in History wasn't he?"

"He had many interests Adam. He was a passionate man and very curious about many things. He loved his books, his cat, you... and me. He loved life."

"I kinda' can see that now Riku. By the way, I don't blame you for anything he did to my Mom and me back when he left her anymore. I wantcha' to know that."

"Thank you Adam. That means a great deal to me to hear you to say that. So... have you made any decisions regarding his personal effects here? I assume that Angelina is helping you with all the administrative estate details. Do you have any questions for me regarding anything here that I may be able to help you with?"

"Well, this is gonna' sound a bit weird. But I hafta' ask. Like what's with that really bright blue and black racing-striped car of his? I've met you and seen what he has in this place and that thing just doesn't seem to fit into the picture of someone who would be with you and live here somehow..."

Riku looks at Adam and then breaks out into a huge laugh. "So funny Adam... oh yes... that car. I was appalled and horrified when he first bought it. Tom could be a very loud, brash and impulsive man at times. He was a like an excited small child with his first bicycle when he first saw it in the dealer showroom. No amount of objection from me could dissuade him from having to have that car. At the time I was convinced he wanted it simply to underscore his independent nature and free spirit as a clear message back to me. You see, he had one of my company vehicles to drive for work. After he acquired that car, I had to forbid him to drive it when representing the company. Just too garish and in such questionable and vulgar taste... and so loud! Over time however, it's rarity and value increased immeasurably. What is it they say? Oh yes... it is a what they call a 'muscle car' and highly prized and sought after now as an important and desirable collectible. Over the years it became a source of much good-natured teasing and laughter between he and I. In many ways Adam, he was a unique and complicated man. That car is very much a part of who your Father was."

Riku then pauses and says quietly, "It will be the laughter I miss most now that he is gone."

"Wow Riku. That's really some story! I guess it's just 'cause when ya' look around here... well... this place is so simple and peaceful. Like for instance those clay pot things there on the dining room table."

"You mean the Raku pottery?"

"Yeah those... they're just beautiful and so different."

"I brought those back for him the last time I went back to Kyoto when my parents passed away. They came from their house and once belonged to my father's parents. You think they are beautiful, do you Adam? It is the unpredictability of the outcome when they are removed from the firing kiln that generate those intense colours. To me, that is a metaphor for all those who love that life can be so uncertain and yet so beautiful with all of it's flaws and imperfections."

"Do you want them back Riku? There must be things around here that you would like to have. Anything you want, I think you should have. I looked through some of his photograph albums and I want you to have them."

"I want you to have those pieces of Raku, Adam. That would give me great pleasure if you would accept them as a gift from me to you."

"Riku... after so many years together there must be other things that hold memories for you here."

"Things Adam. Things cannot bring back those we have loved and lost. They may hold memories. But they are merely things after all. There is one item I know he treasured and I would be most grateful if you could bring yourself to gift it to me. There is a black and white print in his bedroom above his bed that is very special to me."

"You mean the one with the writing that says, 'wise sky' and 'small forest'?"

"Yes, that is the one."

"What does that mean Riku? I've been curious about that ever since I first saw it. That piece is beautiful."

"Those words are translated from the Japanese Adam. 'Riku' is wise sky and 'Kobayashi' is small forest. Do you understand now why that would be special to me?"

Adam is silent and nods.

"There is also a cedar Bonsai tree in his room that was another gift from me. It is over 150 years old... a symbol of the intransigence of love in an ever-changing, uncertain world. I would like to have that as well."

Consider it done Riku. No problem. Ummm... I've been thinking about my Dad's ashes Riku. I have them here and I was thinking... would you like to have them? Seems to me he would have wanted you to have them."

Riku is on the verge of tears and after a few quiet moments of introspection replies, "Adam... your Father and I had intended to fly to Japan together before he became ill. He always wanted to travel back there with me and I regret we never had the opportunity to do so before he died. In a way he could have a last wish granted to him if I were to take his ashes back there with me when I visit... after you have gone back to Ottawa."

"I think he woulda' liked that Riku."

"Now then Adam... have you decided what to do with his furniture here and the rest of his personal effects?

"

"I was thinking to maybe take his books and a few of his things back with me. Not much though... and not the furniture. I don't know what to do or who to call to have that taken care of."

"Perhaps I could help you with that. Anything you do not feel you want can be left here and either donated or sold with the money given to charity. I can take care of that for you and would be honored if you were to allow me to help you."

"That sure would be a big help Riku. Wouldya' do that for me after I leave?"

"I will on one condition Adam."

"What's that Riku?"

"That you promise me you will come back to Edmonton with your young man to visit me one day."

"You can count on us for that Riku. Aaron and I will be there for ya' from now on."

"Good! Now what do you plan to do with Tom's cat?"

"I'm thinking since my Dad named him after me and all, he should be comin' back home to Ottawa to be with me."

"Oh! I am so glad you said that. I am allergic to cats Adam!"

Adam is laughing at the irony of this revelation and confession. Riku looks over at him and just smiles.

"You are very much your Father's son Adam."

It's Thursday, April 10th and just past 6:30pm in the early evening. I'm still waiting for Adam to pull up in front of our apartment on Argyle. Jeez' when he told me he was leaving Toronto this morning, I was sure he'd be back by now. A short while later I can hear some mean growling, deep throaty-sounding car from a half block away. Then suddenly, there is Adam out front hopping out of this outrageous-looking, electric blue painted muscle car with black racing stripes and a huge wing on the back and striding across the street to meet me. He is wearing the loudest and brightest orange plaid flannel shirt in the world with a padded quilted sleeveless vest and those tight, man ass accentuating jeans that make me hard every time he bends over in them. Where in the Hell did he ever got those worn construction boots from, I wonder? I'm standing just inside the front door and staring back out at him through the window at the front of the building while trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

"Good God! That's it? That's the car your Dad had?"

"Heya' honey! Sure am glad to be back. Ummm... yeah. That's it! Come and meet the 'Aaron sex mobile'!"

"It's not a sex mobile! It's a 'pimp mobile' Adam!"

Adam is not impressed.

I'm walking over to get a closer look at it and peer inside to look in the back. "Just checking to see if 'Starsky and Hutch' are back there. Where is 'Huggy Bear'? Stashed in the trunk? Do they know you stole their car Adam?"

Adam is really not impressed.

"Actually it looks like something 'Malibu Barbie' would drive. Does it have matching blue Barbie suitcases in the trunk with thirty seven changes of clothes in them and forty-two pairs of little tiny shoes?" Is there a make-up kit and hair dryer in the glove compartment? How many vanity mirrors are there on the sun visors? Where is 'Ken'? I wanna' meet 'Ken'!"

"Knock it off Aaron. Ya' know cookie, you really can be kinda' bitchy at times. It was my Dad's car and he loved it and it deserves some respect. Dontcha' be making fun of my Dad's car."