About a Cat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Several minutes later, though, she really had to use the restroom. She was a little sad as she felt that still-warm cum slide out of her bottom. She finished up and washed her hands, looking at her hair critically in the mirror. It was not the wreck that it had been the previous morning, but it needed some work. She emerged from the bathroom a dozen minutes later, and Rob gave her a quick peck on the lips as he slid past to relieve himself.

Despite their strong mutual desire, Rob dressed quickly, heading back to his place before Brittany awoke. Melissa kissed him at the door before he left. By the time Brittany was dressed and eating her breakfast, Rob returned. He was dressed for work, wearing dress shoes and slacks with a short-sleeved dress shirt and tie.

The three of them walked the three blocks to Brittany's school, and Melissa gave her daughter a hug when the bell rang to admit the kids to the building. Melissa held out her hand as they walked back to the house and Rob took it. He noted wryly that they actually passed a lot of cars while they walked. Traffic was really bad around the schools at that time of the morning.

"Walking Brittany to school is definitely the way to go," he said.

Melissa smiled back at him. She enjoyed walking in the cool morning air and holding his hand. He looked handsome, dressed like he was. The outfit really didn't do his body justice, though. She couldn't help but undress him with her eyes.

Rob saw that look and squeezed her hand. They were thinking the same thing—they had an hour before they had to leave her place for work.

Bernard was the only one not on the same page. Instead of using that time to enjoy his luxurious fur, these crazy people had actually locked him out of the female's bedroom. He tried to talk some sense into them, meowing through the closed door. It sounded like they were playing some kind of game on the bed in there. They may have injured themselves, judging by the moaning and groaning noises, and the occasional loud cries.

When they finally emerged, they didn't seem to be in pain, but then again, they hardly paid him any attention as they made their way out the front door. Ah, well, Bernard thought with a yawn, time to get to work. He was napping ferociously within minutes.

Melissa was aglow as she got to work. She recounted her weekend—the clean version of it—three different times to the doctors, nurses and physicians assistants as they came in to work. So beloved was Melissa that everyone felt happy for her. Nobody asked if she had gotten any; her look told them she had, and that it had been really good.

Rob dropped by to pick her up at lunch time, and drove her to pick up her rental car. He stopped at a drive-through window and got them lunch on the way. The paperwork was surprisingly sparse, and within minutes Melissa had her rental. It was a sporty little number, and she quite enjoyed blowing past Rob's truck to beat him back to work.

Unfortunately, Rob had a new project dropped into his development team's lap that afternoon. He texted Melissa at four o'clock, when it became obvious that he would be working late. He cursed himself silently as he thought about Sunshine, alone in his apartment. If he had given Melissa a key, she could have checked on his cat for him. He made a mental note to ask her about that when next he saw her.

It was not until almost ten that night that Rob finally dragged his weary carcass to his truck. He had a cigarette and texted Melissa from the parking lot. "Too late to call you?" the text read.

Within a minute, she called him.

Melissa had stayed up, hoping to hear from Rob. He sounded weary as he answered.

"Hey," he said, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, just missing you," she replied. A wicked smile played across her lips as she continued with, "I'm lying here naked in my bed waiting for you."

She wasn't, really. She was wearing her nightgown and sitting on the couch stroking Bernard. If Rob told her he would be right over, she could be, though.

Rob felt his boxers tightening at the thought. "Believe me," he sighed, "I would love to be there right now. Unfortunately, I will probably be up another three or four hours working on this project on my laptop before I go to bed. That is the downside of my job; when we get a big project like this, I may barely see daylight for a week or more."

"I miss you," Melissa said. She had blurted it out, and hoped she didn't sound too needy.

"I miss you too," Rob sighed into his phone. "May I take you out for lunch tomorrow?"

"Absolutely."

"Sweet dreams, Melissa. I will be dreaming about you, you know."

She couldn't help herself. "Ditto," she softly said into the phone. Rob could almost hear her sexy smile.

Having Sunshine in his lap while he worked into the wee hours of the morning didn't make the job any easier, but it did make it more pleasant. He had missed her, too. Rob wound up getting only five hours of sleep before he once again found himself at work.

Once he had that first cup of coffee in him, though, he was once again on his game. The other members of his team for this project were once again grateful to have him anchoring them. He had taken the work they had put in the previous day and polished it up, getting it into shape on the computer. They had time to review the work on their e-mail and really move forward. It was no problem for Rob to take an hour lunch break.

Rob walked across the parking lot to Melissa's office. Melissa smiled up at him from her desk. She was on the phone with a patient. As soon as she finished the call, she introduced Rob to one of the doctors, a woman named Dr. Canyon. Rob smiled and shook the woman's hand. The phone rang again, but the good doctor shooed them out and summoned her PA to cover the phone.

"Get out now," Dr. Canyon ordered, "or you'll never get that lunch."

Once outside, Melissa said, "I'll drive."

Rob smiled, pleased to see her asserting herself. He had promised to buy lunch, so he was interested to see where she would take them.

She took them to his apartment. His hard cock was apparently on the menu for her lunch. To be fair, he was happy to feed it to her. He feasted on her as well, groaning into her wet pussy as she coaxed a load of hot cum from him. They rushed through their passionate lunch, knowing they didn't have that much time. Melissa returned to work very satisfied.

Rob was downright inspired as he picked up where he had left off at work. When they ordered in dinner to continue working, he had to apologize for his poor manners. He had been famished. The Chinese take-out was delicious, though not as tasty as his lunch had been.

Melissa, on the other hand, picked at her dinner with Brittany. She was thinking about Rob. She sighed and smiled and eventually finished her food. Brittany watched her and shook her head several times. She had never seen her mother like this. She liked Rob, but this worried her.

The week continued at the same hectic pace. Rob and Melissa were able to sneak away for another marvelous lunch at his place on Wednesday, but not Thursday. Thanks to his hard work all that week, though, he was able to get out with his entire team after an early afternoon presentation on Friday. They were far ahead of schedule, and wouldn't have to work the weekend.

He dropped in to Melissa's office, grinning as she looked up at him. She was on the phone, and there were patients waiting in the lobby, so he walked up and pantomimed writing something. She handed him a pen and a scrap piece of paper, and he sat to write her a note.

After a few minutes, he set the note in front of her. She read, "Melissa: So sorry about this week. I have been a really good boy at work, so I get the weekend off. I really wanted to repay your patience with me. What can I do for you this weekend?"

Melissa was in 'work mode,' so she didn't let her racy thoughts affect her professional demeanor on the phone. She looked at the clock before jotting down, "I'll think about it. You can meet me at the house at 4:30."

He smiled at her and left. He knew he was hopelessly in love with her already. He didn't want to get in the way of her job, though.

He got in his truck and drove back to his apartment. He was thinking about Disney World. He hadn't been there since he was a kid—too old, really, to enjoy it as he should have. He was tasked with keeping his younger siblings in line for those two occasions. If Brittany would be interested in going, he could imagine making a day of it.

He parked and headed up to his apartment, when his phone lit up. He smiled as he pulled it out of his pocket, and then froze when he saw he had a text from his divorce lawyer. "You need to get back to Colorado ASAP," it read. The blaring of a car horn got him moving again. He waved apologetically at the car and was calling the lawyer's phone back as soon as his feet were on the sidewalk.

"Hey, it's Rob Howard," he said, "What the hell's going on?"

"Your daughter called Social Services on your ex, is what's going on," Jeff, the lawyer, said. "There will be an expedited hearing tomorrow. You need to be here so you can take Abigail with you. I'm assuming you don't want her in foster care?"

"Jesus," Rob breathed, "What the hell did Gina do?"

"Apparently, she killed your fish after you left. Then, when Abigail tried to call you, she locked her in her bedroom without dinner. Gina then proceeded to get blackout drunk, and left Abigail locked in her room for an entire day. Abigail got onto her computer and contacted one of her classmates. Her parents came to the house and helped Abigail escape out her bedroom window. Then, they called Social Services and the police."

By the time Jeff finished recounting the details of the past week, Rob was already in his home office, getting plane tickets and reserving a hotel and car rental. "Alright, Jeff, I will be flying out tonight. I'll call you when I hit the ground there. I need to make a couple of phone calls before I go. And Jeff...thanks, man."

"Be safe, Rob. I'll see you tomorrow."

The first call was to his boss, Charles. Rob had already composed a quick e-mail and sent it to Charles, with copies to the rest of his project team. He hoped to be back at work on Monday, but realistically he had no idea how long this could drag out.

Charles had got the e-mail on his phone before the call came through. There were no details to speak of in that e-mail, and Rob hesitated to dump all of this onto him. Charles was sympathetic, but he felt he needed to know more.

"Look, Rob, I think you are absolutely awesome, but you need to level with me, man. What the heck is going on with your ex-wife and kid?" Charles had been divorced once, and he had a few kids from both his marriages.

Rob struggled internally before answering. "Here's the thing, Charles, I don't want to dump all over my ex on this, but she has been a nightmare. She has apparently been abusing our daughter since I moved out, and she was an evil bitch to me for years before I couldn't take it any more. My daughter and some neighbors called Social Services on her. If I am not there, my kid will go into foster care. This whole thing is supposed to be 'expedited,' but I don't know what that really means. Hopefully I will be back on Monday...but if it takes longer than that, it wouldn't really be a shock."

Charles was stunned to hear it. Rob had never spoken ill of his ex-wife, but it had been obvious that he had been holding back. It made Charles really angry to hear that a little girl had been abused.

"Rob, you do what you need to do. Let me know when you know what's going on, and I will cover for you here. Go get your little girl."

"Charles, you are awesome. I owe you, man."

The next call...damn. He couldn't just drop this on Melissa at work. Nor could he wait and risk missing his flight. He started packing a suitcase as he figured out what to do. When he had packed for the trip, he went out to his balcony to smoke. He was struck then by another phone call he needed to make, and he didn't have that phone number.

It took a while for him to get his mother-in-law's cell phone number. When she answered, she sounded surprised to hear from him. She had always been civil with Rob, understanding that her daughter could be a handful. They hadn't spoken since the divorce, though.

"Cynthia," Rob said plainly, "Are you aware that Gina is going to court tomorrow? She's probably going to lose custody of Abigail. I wanted you to know, I had absolutely nothing to do with this."

"What?!?" Cynthia was shocked. Rob recounted what he had heard from his lawyer.

"Jeff's a good guy," he continued, "He had nothing to do with this, either. He just called to let me know. I was calling you to make sure you and I don't wind up fighting over Abigail. I want you to be able to see her whenever you want. You are welcome to come visit us in Florida, and I would be happy to have you stay with us. After this, though, Gina probably won't be allowed anywhere near Abigail without close supervision."

Cynthia was upset, obviously. She wasn't mad at Rob, though. "Do you want me to come to Colorado?" she finally asked.

"That's up to you," he responded. "Probably not a good idea, though. If you show up and Gina thinks you are on my side..."

"Yeah, I know," Cynthia answered glumly.

"I'll call and let you know what happens, if you'd like," Rob offered. "Abigail loves you. You have always been fair with me."

"Thanks, Rob," Cynthia answered. "If you do need me to come, just let me know."

Rob grabbed his suitcase and headed to his truck, then. He drove over to Melissa's house to wait for her.

She needed to pick up Brittany from her school, so there wasn't time for anything. Rob handed her his keys.

"I am really sorry to do this to you," he said, "but I need to call in that favor. You said you owed me huge for rescuing Bernard. Well, this is huge. We'll be even after this. Actually, I'll owe you after this. My ex-wife has apparently abused our daughter to the point that she is losing custody. I have to be on a flight to Colorado in two hours. I have a taxi picking me up here in—well, here it is already. I need you to take care of my cat while I'm gone.

"If you want to bring Sunshine over here, that's fine. If you guys want to hang out and use the pool this weekend, that's fine too. I wish I had more time to explain, but you can call me as soon as you get back so I can give you the details." He leaned in to kiss her and she kissed him back passionately.

He looked into her eyes after that kiss and whispered, "I love you, you know." A soft smile twisted the corners of his mouth, and he stepped to the curb and waiting taxi.

He barely heard her whispered reply, "I know."

After clearing airport security, Rob had time to fill Melissa in on the details. Brittany had decreed that they would be visiting Rob's apartment daily to take care of the cat. Of course, they would have to use the pool while they were there. Rob smiled as he heard it.

"Sounds like a winner to me," he said. "Will that be alright for you?"

"Yes," Melissa replied. "I will miss you, of course, but I appreciate you trusting me with your place and your cat."

They talked softly until Rob had to board his flight.

Very early Saturday morning, Gina actually cursed loudly in a court of law and threatened a judge in his courtroom. Everything after that was a formality, and she would be a guest of the State of Colorado for a month.

Police officers escorted Rob and Abigail to the house they used to share with Gina, and they gathered Abigail's belongings. They boxed up everything that would not fit into Abigail's backpack and took it to the post office to have it shipped to Florida.

They were on a late flight back to Florida Saturday night. It would put a substantial dent in Rob's credit card, getting these last-minute flights, and mailing so much stuff, but it would be worth every penny. Abigail clung to her father's arm and slept most of the flight.

When they landed, despite the ridiculous hour, Melissa and a very sleepy Brittany were waiting for them at the airport. Abigail looked at Melissa. Half joking, she said, "Are you my new mom?"

Melissa smiled at Rob, and then wrapped Abigail in a tender hug. "I sure hope so," she said.