Above it All Ch. 06-07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers

It took almost no time to connect the hitch to the ball, plug in the brake and brake light connector, and hook the safety chain between the trailer and the truck.

"We haven't got far to go, so you shouldn't have any problem following me," I told her. I'll stop if you look like you're losing contact with me. Okay?"

"Yes, that's fine. I've done this before ... back home. I'll be fine," she assured me.

I admired the car she was driving. It was a Buick LaCrosse, a big step up from the older Nissan Altima that she was driving three years ago. I climbed back into the cab and we were off. I could feel my stomach tighten as I thought about having her in the house overnight. I was trying to think of a way to see if there was any possibility of rekindling our love affair. I still had a vivid memory of the first time in Tahoe at the Smith's lodge.

I hadn't gotten over the shock of seeing her after all this time, and yet I was uncertain if I had any chance with her again. I had a deep seated feeling that I'd destroyed what we had and that it wasn't there for me any longer. But her willingness to stay with me and a lack of any recriminations for my past behavior gave me hope that there just might be a possibility, as long as I didn't blow it with my words or actions. It was going to take all of my limited skills to ask her carefully if there was a future for us without pushing her away again.

We arrived at my home together as I turned into the long driveway to the house. It was set well back, giving me as much privacy and space as possible. I owned twenty-five acres and almost all of it was grassland with a few trees. I had a lawn and garden service come in once a week to cut and weed in the immediate area around the house. I hired them to do all those domestic things I didn't have the time or the interest in. I did want the place to look nice.

I pulled up to a large, barn-shaped building set back from the house and got out of the truck. Gabrielle had followed me and stopped just behind me. She got out, looking around in awe.

"This is amazing, Kyle," she said, looking around. "How long have you lived here?"

"A little over two years. I bought it and had the house renovated, and built that big building in the back for storage and a workshop. Let me get your bags and I'll show you around."

She opened the trunk and indicated two bags which I pulled out and walked to the side door. I unlocked it, turned off the alarm system, and invited Gabrielle into the mud room. My home was a simple rectangular rancher with three bedrooms, two full baths, and a spacious living and dining area. The kitchen was large as well, allowing me plenty of room when I wanted to cook. Mike and his wife and a number of our employees and customers had been here several times, and I enjoyed entertaining then.

"Oh, Kyle, this is really nice. It's not what I expected for a bachelor home."

"Yeah, I know, thanks to Mike's wife, Connie, she helped me make it a lot more livable and welcoming. We've had a few parties and barbeques over the past while since the renovations were finished. I'll put your bags in the main guest room," I informed her.

She followed me as I picked up her bags once more and moved them to the guest room.

"Oh, this is really nice," she repeated. "She did a really nice job helping you decorate. I like the paintings."

"Those are by a talented young artist who's helping out at the shop. He's a junior in high school and was looking for a part-time job. We had him on clean up, but discovered his artistic talent, and I asked him to sell me a couple of his works. I'll probably buy one or two more sometime."

"He really is very good," she said, admiring the oil paintings.

"The main bathroom is right next door and you can set up in there. I use the ensuite in the master bedroom."

I backed out of the bedroom and headed for the kitchen to begin pulling out ingredients for this evening's meal.

"Is that a swimming pool in that enclosed area in the back?" she asked as she came into the kitchen.

"Yes. When I bought the house, it was pretty old fashioned and frankly, out of date. So, I had the interior modernized, the pool installed, along with a solar panel array, and a geothermal heat pump replacing the old air conditioner and furnace. I deepened the well and it has a Diamond Stream pump and filtration system for the house and garden needs. I'm pretty self-sufficient here," I said with a little pride.

"I'm impressed, but not totally surprised," she said. "You've always been conscious of efficiency and conservation. Now you have the funds to act on that and that's what you've done. You should be very proud of yourself, Kyle," she smiled.

"Thank you," I said with a smile. There was nothing I needed to add to her comments.

"Is there something I can help with?" she asked.

"Uhm, right now I'm just making sure I have all the ingredients I need for tonight's meal. I won't start right away, since it's early yet ... unless you're hungry that is."

"No, it wasn't that long ago we had lunch. There no rush for me," she said with another smile.

She had made herself quite comfortable and I was pleased that there didn't seem to be any awkwardness between us.

"What's in that big barn-like building?" she asked, gazing out the kitchen window.

"That's my workshop and storage area. I've been buying various derelict motorcycles and stripping them for parts. When someone brings a damaged bike in for repair, or I buy one for pennies from an insurance company, I make a decision about whether they can be repaired or just used for parts. The rest, the unusable bits, go to the scrap recycler."

"How do you keep track of it all," she asked.

"A computer data program that lists everything by make and category. Frame is separate from wheels and separate from transmission and engine parts. It took a while to figure out all the subsections, but it's pretty much where I need it to be now."

"Huh," she said, turning back to me. "So this is a hobby that's turned into a business?"

"I don't call it a business," I smiled. "More like a calling."

"You keep surprising me, Kyle. This isn't at all what I expected when I took the chance to come and see you. I don't exactly know what I expected ... but it wasn't the 'new Kyle.'"

I leaned back on the counter, my arms folded across my chest.

"Yeah ... well ... I had what they call an epiphany," I said, my eyes boring into hers.

To Be Concluded

coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers