Across the Pond Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You may have gotten away with speaking to your superiors in such a manner in the past, but what you fail to realize is I don't have to give you anything." He spoke in a soft voice that was elicit with warning. "I don't care how your life was before I arrived. I'm here now, I am in charge and you will do as I say. Are we clear?"

"Yes Sir," I responded without hesitation and immediately kicked myself for it. I don't know why I said it; I was still seething with anger but there was something in his voice that was final. Dangerous. A shiver crawled up my spine and I just wanted to get away from him. "Sorry. I'll go now."

"Wait." He grabbed my wrist and I immediately stiffened with fear.... but his grip didn't hurt. He rubbed his thumb almost soothingly over my pulse point and his face was devoid of the anger it held just seconds before. "You'll stay on three days for now. Give the others a chance to catch up to your hours -- this is as much about equal distribution than it is any personal reasons I may have. We'll revisit the issue in a month's time. I'm not unreasonable but I cannot tolerate such behavior in the workplace. Understood?"

Nodding my head I pulled my arm from his grasp, walking out and shutting the door before leaning my head back against it. I rarely went off on anyone and I damn sure never let someone go off on me, but there was something...different, with the argument we'd had. If you could call it that, because I felt like it was a total KO in Holland's favor.