Action, Reaction and Consequences Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They parked up across the road from the restaurant and Matt shot out of the car to open the passenger door for Tanya. He had a fresh waft of the perfume as he held out his hand for her to get out of the car which sat fairly low to the road. As she alighted the car he had a good view of a pair of tanned legs that were partially encased in a mid-thigh skirt hugging her bum checks quite nicely. Once again Tanya caught him out.

Once out of the car she walked towards the restaurant and threw a statement his way "Like the view?"

"Shit! Was it that obvious?" came his crimsoned face reply.

"Uh-hu" you didn't answer the question, did you like the view?" They continued to cross the road and neither of them was actually looking at the other.

Yes, apologies for that, it's just you look stunning, where I was so engrossed in myself earlier I didn't realise how...." Shit he was stuck!

"Carry on Matt, you didn't realise how what?" Whilst he couldn't see her face but it had a playful smirk although the tone of her voice didn't, it portrayed a neutral sounding statement.

Matt knew he was stuck so he decided to be honest and would take whatever came his way." I didn't realise how damned attractive you are."

She didn't answer until they were outside the Restaurant and looked at him with a nonplussed expression. She lent in and gave him a peck on the cheek and whispered to him "I've brought forward the proceedings, this is now officially a date." Matt looked at her shell shocked and held the door open for her as they went in and shown to a table for two nestled in an alcove of the restaurant. Yep, this was now definitely a romantic date.

Having ordered drinks and wine they took up where they left off at the hospital. Tanya told Matt her life story and whilst it didn't mirror his there were certain parallels to his to make them kindred spirits. Tanya was twenty-four, a year older than Matt. She was born to an eighteen-year-old drug addict using prostitution to pay for her fix and so Tanya had been taken straight into care. In later life she later tried to trace her mother but it turned out she was dead from an overdose by the time she was twenty. She was never able to trace any other family from her mother's side and her birth certificate stated father unknown. Brought up by the system Tanya moved through various care homes and temporary foster parents finally ending up with a couple who did their utmost to care for her as if she was their own daughter but she could never bond fully with them. They wanted a girly-girl for a daughter and Tanya wasn't that person.

At eighteen she left for University and studied the BSc Professional Policing programme for three years gaining honours on graduation which fast tracked her into Dorset's Special Investigation Unit based out of Bournemouth. She had no family and her friends were centred around her work, had some casual relationships but wasn't looking for anything serious.

Before they knew it the restaurateur was hovering close by and made a little cough to attract their attention and informed them that he was closing up for the night. To Matt & Tanya it felt like it was nine-thirty and not eleven-thirty!

After play arguing over the bill they split it between them and Matt drove back to park outside her apartment. On the way back Matt sat thinking what to say once they stopped but before he could speak Tanya beat him to it.

"Mmm not bad for a first date, I enjoyed it." She lent across and using her hand gently turned his face toward her and kissed him lightly on the lips. "I have never invited someone up to my flat on a first date Matt, but for once it feels like the right thing to do. Would you like a coffee before you go home?" Matt didn't need asking again.

When they stepped inside the lift to go up to the eighth floor, then embraced each other and kissed. It wasn't a kiss driven by all out passion but a smouldering sensual one. They were still kissing when the door pinged open on the fourth floor and a couple got in with them. When they got out of the lift they heard the guy say to his partner "looks like someone's getting lucky tonight" as the lift door closed. They both laughed at the remark as they walked into Tanya's apartment.

Looking around a well-kept apartment Matt noticed various awards and certificates framed on a wall, Tania was obviously proud of her life achievements to date. They moved into the kitchen whilst she made two coffees. Matt complementing her on her apartment but it also gave him an opportunity to look at her standing before him. Matt considered Tanya as veracious displaying enough sex appeal to draw attention to herself without being considered slutty. He could happily take her to meet his Watch and their partners knowing the boys would be taken in by her good looks and the partners not feel as if a predator had been let loose amongst the men.

He took in the tight fitting skirt and tee shirt hiding boobs that were smallish but not too small; he imagined that that would feel luscious in the palm of his hand. Her body was just right leaning towards athletic in stature, her make-up and hair portrayed a natural beauty with the scant makeup used amplifying her feminine features to maximum effect. Once again she caught Matt out, handing him his cup of coffee when his mind was still processing the view before him. She smirked; "Let's go get comfy on the sofa."

Once they sat down she quickly used her phone to find some music to listen too via Blue-tooth speakers and Beth Hart filled the background at a low level. Placing the coffee cups on the small table she moved across close to Matt and lent in to continue with the kissing that started in the lift with one of her arms draped over his shoulder. Matt moved his arm and started to gently rub and caress her other arm, using his finger tips to lazily trace from her elbow and up to her shoulder before running back down again. This carried on all while the coffee cooled and the temperature between them soared.

After few minutes they slowly separated and began to drink the coffee. Mat noted a pensive look on her face, the virtual cogs in her mind whirring away processing some information. He had a good idea what it was and decided to speak first. He didn't want to taint the journey they had embarked on today.

Finishing his coffee he placed the cup back on the table. "Thanks for the coffee, it's getting late and I've an early start tomorrow so I'll push off now. Tanya, this has been a roller coaster day for me I honestly believe you came along at the right time, almost as if destiny placed you in that hospital for my benefit earlier today. Tonight has been...I'm trying to think of the right words..." Tanya cut across him before he found them.

"Magical, and not in a Paul Daniels kinda way!" She giggled with her comment. "You don't have to go. I don't know why but I really feel at ease with you I guess opening up to me earlier today you laid yourself bare to me. There are couples that have been together for many years that haven't done that with each other and yet we've done it less than eight hours of meeting. If you want to stay, I won't say no, I've never had a first date back here but you are an exception to the rule."

Matt stood up, lent down and kissed her gently on her lips. "I'll go home, you're right tonight has been magical and I really like you Tanya, I mean, really like you. At the moment half of me is screaming to stay the night but I'm happy to wait to make sure we aren't caught up in what's happened today. Of course that is if you want to see me again?"

Reaching her arms up and placing them around his neck she kissed him, but it was a raw passionate kiss not the soft and subtle kissing that had taken place up to then. She tried to draw his body down to her but instead Matt put his hands on her waist and lifted her body up forcing her to stand. Dropping his hands onto her arse cheeks he pulled her body into his so they moulded together and they continued with the kiss that they had temporarily abandoned for a few minutes longer until Matt broke away.

"Shit I may have to call the Station, if we carry on like this we'll start an inferno in here!" They both laughed softly as she withdrew her arms from around his neck and he lessened, but didn't release, the grip on her arse cheeks.

"Last chance if you want to stay just say so, my bedroo......." Matt suddenly kissed her lips preventing her from finishing the sentence.

"would you like to see me again?" She nodded her approval.

"I'm off this Saturday shall we have another date?" She nodded her approval again. "Ok this time you choose, same time?"

Again she nodded, throughout the questions her eyes remained locked on his. The walked to the door which Matt opened and turned for a farewell kiss, as he lent in to kiss her she whispered in his ear.

"Very, very last chance Matt, you can stay if you want it's not an issue."

Matt kissed her gently and stepped away. His parting comment as he headed to the lift was "I'll see you Saturday." He pushed the lift button and turned to look at her whilst he waited for the lift. Tanya stood in the doorway with body language that screamed 'Take me!' but Matt held out and slumped against the lift wall as it started it's decent. He admitted to himself it was touch and go as she stood in the doorway to not go back and sweep her off her feet and drag her into the bedroom. He liked her, liked her enough to wait and make sure that this was real.

The alarm woke Matt, he actually dropped off to sleep quite quickly. As he showered his mind began recounting yesterday since he had met Tanya and how he felt in a good place which was remarkable after the previous mornings event. Matt rode his R1 to work and went to see the Station Commander in his office. He looked at Matt and was surprised by his demeanour -- he was actually smiling.

"Well there's a surprise you seem happy. I was concerned that yesterday may have been too much for you which is why I pulled you out of there. Are you ok.....what gives?"

Matt ran through what had happened, he didn't go into the fine detail regarding the discussion in the hospital but gave enough away for the Commander to understand what had occurred. "I don't know why but she took all the heat out of the emotions from the morning, I'll be honest when I rode away from here yesterday I felt terrible and had she not been there at the hospital when I found out what had happened I strongly suspect we would have been having a very different conversation right now but, god knows why, if feels like I've slayed a dragon that's been dormant until yesterday. I'm not saying something similar won't affect me but I really believe I can deal with it a lot easier than yesterday."

Ok, I'm happy with that Matt, I must say I'm shocked I'd already been making the calls to provide you with workplace support but I'll go with my gut feeling that we don't need to follow that path. If it changes Matt don't try and gloss over it though, come and see me and we'll sort this."

With the comment he rose from his chair and patted Matt on the back before Matt walked off to join the rest of the Watch for some breakfast.

Whilst Matt was eating his breakfast his phone pinged with a message from Tanya;

'Not regretting last night??'

He responded immediately; 'No-way it's the best evening I've had in a long while.'

He could see that Tanya was typing and sure enough ping went the phone;

'I regret what happened last night.'

Matt stared at his phone with his heart in his mouth drawing in more air than normal but before he could process the comment she followed up quickly with another message;

'I regret not persuading you to stay the night ;)' He exhaled but smiled. He typed away furiously on his phone.

'I admit I wanted to but I want to be a gent, it was a roller-coaster day and I would hate you to have woken up this morning wondering what the hell you'd done sleeping with a guy you'd met earlier in the day. I enjoyed being with you and looking forward to Saturday night. Thought where to take me yet?'

'Possibly MaccyD's or maybe the burger van that parks down the front?'

Matt laughed it was nice to see the sense of humour and banter already forming between them.

'Ok I'll make sure the Tux is freshly pressed then.' He hit sent and she started tying a quick response;

'I'm now expecting a Tux wearing Matt to show up for me, nice cologne, nice bod...opps tex-ting out loud. '

A shout for a fire requiring attendance put a stop to the playful messaging but it left Matt with a warm feeling.

Over the next couple of days, the messaging continued with some clear flirting going on between them. Towards the end of the week the messages began to expand on their growing desire for each other.

Saturday evening arrived and Matt scrutinized himself in the mirror and laughed gently -- he was actually impressed by himself and felt he had scrubbed up quite well. He had done what she had asked and stood there in his Tuxedo -- this should be fun he thought.

When he arrived at Tanya's building he messaged her, she replied to park the car and come up as she wasn't quite ready. He parked up and went up to her apartment and the door was partially open. He knocked - no Tanya and nobody spoke. He opened the door and walked into partial darkness. "Tanya?" he called out.

"I'm in the living room, come through."

Walking into the room his jaw dropped at the sight before him. Tanya stood in some heels, and a stunning form fitting little black dress. He hair was tied up in a classic style with several strands on each side falling over her jawline beside her ears. She wore more make-up than their previous encounter opting for a smoky come-hither eye shadow style to emphasis the dark chestnut coloured eyes that seem to shine brightly all topped off by glossy red pouty lips that made gave Matt an overwhelming desire to kiss them. Unfortunately, he could only stand there like a rabbit caught in glare of headlights moments before becoming roadkill.

Not getting an immediate response Tanya put her hands on her hips and cocked her head with a face that said "what the fuck."

"Oh god I'm so sorry, when we went out the other night I was in awe of your beauty but this...I'm, sorry Tanya you're a bloody goddess - I could stand and stare at you all night!"

"Mmmm sounds a bit creepy but I'll take the compliment" she giggled as she walked sexily towards him. She stopped a few inches from him and reached out with a hand to brush her fingertips seductively down an arm, over his hand and onto his hips.

She leant in and whispered in an ear "I must admit you scrub up well yourself." Before giving him a peck on the cheek. His nostrils filled with the same fragrance from their last liaison and he felt a stirring in his loins.

"Mind you dressed bit OTT for a MAccyD eh?" she giggled as she turned and walked towards the kitchen. It was at that point a delicious aroma tickled Matt's senses. Following her he saw a candlelight table set for two with various pots, pans and dishes spread over the kitchen.

"Ooookay.....thought we were going out???" he asked quizzically.

"Oh we are going out after dinner, I'm a cheapskate so decided to cook. Hope you like Greek food?"

"Can't say I've ever had Greek food other than living off pork Gyros for a week in Corfu when I was there on a boy's holiday."

That's not Greek food, that's the Greek equivalent of a burger & chips from the takeaway here!"

"Then looks like I'm in for a treat then -- is there anything I can help you with, looks pretty busy across your worktops!"

"yes please, there's some wine in the fridge, look for the one with Toplou on the label and pour us a couple of drinks please, then sit yourself down I'm nearly done for the first course.

They sat together once the food was served and wine poured. They clinked the glasses as Tanya made a toast; "To a memorial night". "Yes if the last ten minutes is anything to go by it certainly will be that." replied Matt.

"This smells fantastic, are they all cheeses?"

"Yep, three baked cheeses -- Feta, Graviera and Halloumi served with garlic, tomatoes, olive oil and a sliced, warmed pitta bread."

Matt took a mouthful of a cheese. "Holy shit Tanya this is amazing, it all blends together...the taste.....unbelievable".

The continued on through the next course of Lamb Kleftiko and Matt continued to heap praise on the food. They spoke about the ingredients, taste, textures and cooking processes interleaved with talk about their work and life in general. Matt poured the last of the wine as they finished the main course.

"This wine is amazing too Tanya, shall I get another bottle of it from the fridge?"

She sighed with disappointment "sorry Matt that's the only bottle of that particular wine."

Sorry, shit, don't worry I'll pick some up in the week for you to replace it."

She started laugh and stretched her arms out towards Matt across the table surface, he reciprocated the action and they held hands.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"You are, Matt that wine is made by the Toplou Monastery in Crete and its only sold on the island. Unless you are popping to Crete next week you won't be replacing it!"

"Damn, if that was your only bottle you should have saved it for something special."

"Yeah your right I should have saved it for a special occasion, it's sat there for three years waiting for an occasion deemed special enough to open it."

""But you told me to op...." the penny dropped, Tanya was treating this meal as a special occasion worthy to open the wine. He blew the air out from his lungs. "Do you know what, you're right this does feel like a very special occasion - A sexy goddess who confounded me with an extraordinary meal and shared something that she had held onto waiting for the right moment."

Tanya' face flushed as she giggled at Matt's comments and he continued; "How did you learn to cook like that, jeez you could open your own restaurant and they would come flocking!"

"I took a specialist holiday three years back -- when you're single its crap going places where everyone looks at you as if you're some lost soul. I found a holiday that let me live with a Greek Family in Crete and basically learnt to cook authentic Greek food. They took me to the Toplou Monastery and it was the most tranquil place I've ever visited except for the winery which did break the spell somewhat as it was a modern hi-tech facility. I brought back three bottles of wine, of course the first two disappeared quickly so I've held onto that third bottle....until now."

Other than the sound of the background music, neither spoke but gazed at each other with amorous intent. Tanya broke the silence; "Ready for desert?"

"Oooh god no, I'm so stuffed at the moment I don't think I can even get out of this chair" said Matt putting both hands on his stomach.

Putting a finger to her lips she giggled and responded; "Crap that's blown my plan. I thought if I filled you with food you'd not be able to leave here tonight unlike the other night. You're supposed to be able to get as far as the bedroom but no further but it seems I've overfed you! Plan B then you need to burn some energy off, will you help me clear up from dinner then?"

They worked together loading the dishwasher and hand washing some of the pots and pans leaving the kitchen area tidy. Tanya opened another bottle of wine and he asked a question as she was doing so.

"Errrrr I thought you said we were going out after dinner?"

With a mock condescending tone she replied " Yes, so I did silly me. Ok let's go then, grab your wine."

Pulling large drape curtains back she opened doors that led out onto a small balcony, it was only the upper floors of the apartments that had one.

"There you are, I promised we would go out after dinner" she raised an arm gesturing for him to go out onto the balcony whilst giggling at her playful deception.