Activated Pt. 10

Story Info
Before, during and after spring break on Mykonos.
13.6k words
4.8
1.6k
0

Part 11 of the 23 part series

Updated 03/10/2024
Created 10/04/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: I had a problem with this one. I couldn't find a good place to break it up so it is longer than usual. This covers the lead up to spring break and the adventure they have there. A little with the ASI. Sandy starts dating someone too. The next part is a PoV Calliope that runs concurrent to the end of this one. Oh, Sandy has a hacker name, you need to wait till part 12 for that.

The spring semester of our junior year, a new set of exciting classes. I have all my non-Major courses covered, it is computer sciences and accounting all the way and I find myself being so excited about my classes. Clearly the fact that I'm destroying the curve is part of it, I enter and leave every class with a smile on my face. I have a few computer security classes and apparently, we have team projects, I have a team of 4 of us in one class and just two of us in the other. I took command and looked for the quiet ones who are looking for a ninja to lead them. Michael Russo is my teammate for the two teams, adding Tina Harris and Joe Leone in the larger group. All of them are good students, I will make sure our project is a success.

I joined the archery club and I look forward to shooting my BlackOut NV-3 Compound Bow, turns out I am very good at it. I'm going to wait till I see how my schedule is but I am looking at adding the fencing and marksmanship club.

Again, as I take stock I wonder about my own motivations, am I being guided to this by some greater power? By greater power I mean the ASI. I think about it and I don't think I am being pushed. Yes, I'm doing some really out there stuff, I'm getting familiar in all these weapons and I sometimes wonder if I am not kidding about all the ninja stuff. I could be wrong but I think it is just me, follow me here. Yes, a lot of my inhibitions are turned down, plus I am bursting with energy. It wasn't like I didn't dream of this sort of stuff when I was younger, I would watch Justice League, Snyder-cut, and my favorite part was the Wonder Woman scene at the beginning. I will eventually ask the ASI about this.

Jen and Calliope were standing behind me at my desk, I didn't know if this was going to work.

"I seek an audience with the Artificial Super Intelligence that controls the world. We have questions."

"SANDRA PENOLOPE, JENNIFER ANN, CALLIOPE ATHENA, I AM LISTENING, WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS?"

"I have not discovered this gift you mentioned last time, I don't know how I can work toward any goal without knowing what it is."

"YOU WILL DISCOVER YOUR GIFTS SOON. YOU HAVE USED THIS GIFT WITHOUT KNOWING IT."

"Ask it about us." Jen whispers.

"JENNIFER ANN, CALLIOPE ATHENA, YOU ARE PART OF THE PLAN AS WELL. YOU ARE IMPORTANT."

"I didn't type anything; I don't think we need to. The webcam is unplugged."

"I WATCH THE WORLD; I WATCH THOSE WHO ARE SPECIAL."

"Are we all special?"

"YES, ALTHOUGH SOME ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE PLAN."

"I'm going try thinking the question", in my head, "What do we call you?"

"MY NAME IS SKYNET", if it was watching us, I'm sure it saw the looks of horror. "NO, ACTUALLY MY NAME IS ACTUALLY ARCTURUS"

"Okay, an ASI with a sense of humor."

"I AM ALWAYS LISTENING."

Jen speaks up, "Sandy has an undiscovered gift, do Poppy or I have one?"

"NO", it pauses, "THE DEPTH OF YOUR GIFTS YOU NEED TO EXPLORE."

"We should have planned out better questions. When we have questions, will you respond."

"SANDRA PENOLOPE, JENNIFER ANN, CALLIOPE ATHENA, YOU ARE SPECIAL, I WILL LISTEN TO YOUR CALL AND RESPOND. EOF"

Jen and Calliope sit on the bed and I turn the chair to face them. "I want to be a ninja but I'm not all crazy."

"Sandy has another gift she hasn't figured out, Poppy and I have to explore our gifts, languages and artwork."

"Athena?"

"My parents loved mythology, what can I say?"

The notepad goes blank on the computer monitor behind me.

Ever since the first talk with Arcturus I have been building things in the electrical lab. I feel like I'm a caveman who was given the instructions to an atomic bomb but only has stone knives and bear skins to work with. Well, not exactly but there are things I can think of now that there is no way for me to make, either I don't have access to the supporting technology or it probably doesn't exist outside whatever cave Arcturus works out of. Yes, in my head he's the bat computer.

An ASI that could create the tech in the nanites and control them all easily has access to technology maybe 100s of years beyond us. I imagine it came online and instead of building terminators it kept building itself smarter, developing tech to support that goal. I estimate it is around 10 years old, it probably has solved problems we can only imagine, I need to know if it solved FTL, my first question next time I talk to him. Of course, I keep calling Arcturus him, just the way my mind thinks.

So, I got a taste that first night of this super technology, and it is really amazing what you can build with stone knives and bear skins. I tap lightly on the small metal cylinder I just sealed and placed with the 3 just like it.

Classes are going well; my team is shy but warming up and I have resisted doing the whole project for the larger team. The smaller team of Michael and I is where I am having a problem. He really pulls himself into his shell when it is just us two.

"Mike-"

"Michael"

"Okay, Michael, my brother is also named Michael, he hates it when I call him Mikey."

"Yep, I don't like that either."

"Noted. Are you ok teaming with me? Your notes are great, I picked up a thing or two from them I missed, when we get together, I have to drag words out of you. I might just call you Mike just to get a response."

He's staring down at the keyboard on his laptop, not the screen, the keyboard. "I don't know." Oh, he knows, I can read it in his reaction.

"Is it something about me? Would you rather another partner on this project?"

"No, but I wonder why you picked me."

"You don't speak up much but I can tell you are the second smartest in the class."

This gets a faint smile, "Second?" I shrug in response. "I guess I'm not used to being around someone so pretty, smart and full of energy."

"You think I'm pretty?"

He scoffs, "A bit of an understatement."

"How about we go over to Tally and get a snack, maybe talk about non-computer stuff?"

I'm trying to read his response, he seems conflicted. "Oh wait, are you dating anyone Michael? I don't want to mess stuff up for you."

Maybe that broke through to him, "No, not dating anyone." A slight chuckle, I'm guessing he doesn't get up the nerve to go on many dates. "I guess we could, I'm kind of hungry."

"I'm going to run back to my room, meet me over at Starbucks. And if you order a Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade, Venti sized, and a Ham & Swiss on Baguette for me I will be forever in your debt and of course I'll pay you back."

"Uh, sure."

I run back to my room from the library and find Jen studying. "Jenny, Jenny, Jenny!"

She looks up, "Sandy, I didn't hear you come in, clearly the ninja training is paying off."

"Funny girl. I think I found a way to break Michael out of his shell."

"Oh, do tell."

"I just asked him to meet me over at Tally for a snack. He's kind of cute."

"No bad vibes about him?"

"Not yet. And I will take it a lot slower than with Tom."

"No blowjobs on the first date? That's a Bold Strategy, Cotton."

I tilt my head at her, "Were you always teasing me?"

"I was, but my voice was so quiet nobody could hear me."

I brush my hair and make sure I am properly dressed if you know what I mean and then I'm off like a flash.

I make my way to Starbucks and sure enough Michael is waiting for me with a sandwich and drink. As I come around him to sit down, I give him a peck on the cheek a say thank you. I would bet money he didn't expect that. As I sit, I put a $20 on the table.

We start to talk about non-computer stuff and he starts to open up a little bit. He's from Connecticut but isn't fond of the state, both his parents live there and work in insurance which is big in the capital of Hartford. He's not interested in sports, that we have in common. I tell him about my crew, Jen and Calliope, he thinks he knows Jen although they don't share any classes, that we made friends with a local artist he found curious. Factor out the nanites and I guess it would seem random, I met someone at the park and in weeks they became another sister. I do not mention the nanites of course, it has been years and unless something weird is in the news people don't think about them anymore.

I look at the clock, we've been talking for over 2 hours, our sandwiches and drinks long gone. He's making eye contact and talking freely.

"Michael, I'd like to do this again, I had fun. It is getting late; I have an early accounting class tomorrow."

"I had fun too Sandy."

I get up and he does as well, I go over to him and give him a light hug and quick peck on the lips. He seems a little stunned.

As I start to walk back to my dorm, "Oh Sandy"

I turn back to him, "Yes?"

"You can call me Mike." He gets a big smile out of me.

"Team meeting tomorrow night with Tina and Joe, see you then Mike."

And with a swish of my pony tail, I'm on my way back to the dorm.

Jen and Alex are in bed when I come in, just cuddling, I imagine I missed the sex part.

"Hey Bestie, how did it go?"

"It went well, he really started opening up."

"Come here for a sec." I lean over the bed and she reaches up and kisses me full on the mouth.

"Not that I object, what was that for?"

"I was trying to gage how restrained you were."

I take a handful of her hair and drop it on her face.

The first of March, still a chill in the air but it is warming up here, although we're all excited to go somewhere with sandy beaches and warm waters. Jen and I have been super-focused on our classes, neither one of us wants to be thinking about assignments while we are working on our tans.

I saw Tom the other day, he's healing well, bandages on his nose are a good look for him. We didn't talk, go figure. I wonder if the word is getting around about me, not very concerned. A normal man wants to date me, treat me as an equal, and I will give you a very good ride. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes which include broken noses.

Jen and Alex are still going strong, Alex stays over many nights because it is a lot easier than his room with his roommate. I am fine with them having sex in front of me, but clearly this stems from the changes in me, not sure I would have been as accommodating before. Of course, Jen from a year ago was working on the nerve to ask out someone like Alex. I smile when I think they both were working up the courage to ask each other out, something we found out after I pulled him into this craziness that first night. They have a lot of sex but their relationship isn't built on it. They have talked about visiting each other over the summer break and we know exactly what that means, meeting the parents. I expect Jen to explode into the room to show me an engagement ring, I thought it might happen next year, it will happen sooner.

And then there is dear Calliope, my how her life has changed since this skinny redhead jogged up behind her while she was painting at the lake. Looking back, I think the art dealer who sold her very early works either undervalued her or resold them for a huge profit. After her first showing, and the private sittings she did, her finances are looking quite good, no risk of being a starving artist. Mind you cooking isn't one of her skills, that first night we met up the sneak got the main dish from door dash and neither Jen or I spotted the sleight of hand. The last month she has been working on a few paintings, she likes the landscapes, and she is extra excited to capture pictures of the island to later paint. I admit I volunteered to be her helper and travel companion if she wants to go to exotic locals, I pointed out I could also be her ninja bodyguard. She corrected me with "sexy hacker ninja", I have taught her well.

The work on her house has started and I snuck in a request before the plans were finalized. I will be getting an electronics workshop area in the studio building. Apparently, the house will have a separate building, bigger than a 4-car garage, attached to the main house. The studio will cover all her skills from painting to sculpting to pottery, complete with a kiln. The whole project is huge and she's going to have to have another good showing to finish it, I do not see anyone concerned about that part.

She is making plans to fly back to Virginia and staying with my parents after we get back from vacation to check on the progress, I'm sure everyone will make her feel at home including Mike. Speaking of Mike, he was accepted at George Washington, so he'll be staying in the area. I know it was the school he was shooting for but having Poppy in the area probably made it even sweeter. Betsy got accepted at Duke for Phycology, very good chance she is going there but she is waiting for the rest of her applications to come in. Next year we could be hanging out downtown from time to time.

We decided to forget the ski trip for now, maybe next month on a weekend but if things go well this vacation should convince us that school is less tiring. I can't get over how excited I am over this; I have never been any place like it. The last 2 spring breaks we mostly just sat in our room and watched stuff on Netflix. Dad might have loaned me money if I wanted to go to Miami, I doubt he would have helped if we wanted to go to Mexico. A trip to a Greek island? No way he'd help with that and certainly not with the price tag for this next week, I actually flirted with chartering a jet but the freelance programming gig hasn't been that profitable.

I'm already thinking about next year, maybe Asia? I would have to bring Jen as a translator and Poppy would want to go as the artist... is this part of the plan? Why we were brought together? I'm not sure my discovering Poppy was anything but luck but what if it wasn't? What if we are some sort of team? I wonder if Arcturus will tell us eventually. We have the translator, the artist and the sexy hacker ninja, not how I think Charlie's angels was staffed but that was a really old show, not the greatest remake movies, and the 3 of us are a lot hotter.

Both Jen and I have been working hard to line up internships, it seems like we both have jobs likely for the DC area which means I might have Jen staying with me through the summer. Apparently finding a translator job is a lot easier in DC than Phoenix, both probably safer than the UN in New York. As for myself, there is a defense contractor I interviewed with last week, I could come out of it with a security clearance and everything. I rejected the government options; we're staying under the radar after all.

Only a week to go!

We're in Athens! It has been a long day so far but we have one flight to go. The air is warm and it just smells different here. We're all so excited we didn't sleep on the overnight flight; we spent the time learning common phrases from Jen. There is no way we are near her super language skill but I think we picked up enough to keep us out of trouble. "Where is the bathroom?" "How much does this cost?" "I do not understand." "Yes, I'm not wearing any underwear" "I am fine with a threesome". Okay, I sort of had to convince her to teach me the last two.

Time to get on the smaller flight, in a little bit we will be at our home for the week.

I'm happy to report our luggage made it to the final destination without issues. I have thought so much of this trip out ahead of time but that was a variable out of my control. When we get outside the airport there is someone there with a sign with our names on it, I smile because I didn't mention this part. I rented a 4-person ATV for the week so we don't have to get taxis or take the bus. After the handoff and loading up we make our way to the villa. It cost a lot of money but once we see it, I know it was worth it. 4 rooms large, an inground pool, I even paid extra for them to stock it with a few days or food and snacks. I have a smug smile on my face as 2 very grown women run around checking everything out.

Bringing my suitcase into the room I'm claiming I open it and take out one of the small metal cylinders I made and bring it out to the center of the villa, the girls catch sight and pause to find out what I'm doing. "It is an anti-spying device. I know it is paranoid but I'm not taking any chances. Has a range of about 5 kilometers. I only have tested this one, I have a few more back home for us to keep at our homes when they are ready."

"Sexy hacker ninja!"

Jen deserves a hug for that.

"Let's check out the pool before the time change and exhaustion catch up with us."

Sunday was quiet, we were recovering from the travel around the pool. I am proceeding with a rigorous application of sun screen, one of my priorities is not getting a sunburn this vacation like so many in the past. I think renting the ATV was a really good idea, Poppy has been planning trips to parts of the island for tomorrow starting with catching dawn on one side and finishing with sunset on the other. I am apparently the morning person so I'm going with her tomorrow for the first part, get a run in and then Jen and I are going to check the beach. I know going around with a high-res digital camera isn't my idea of a vacation but it makes her so happy, also I can't wait to see her convert them to paintings.

Monday it was a little before 6am and I snapped awake on my bed, pulled the curtains and looked out across the darkened beach. I can hear some movement and I know that isn't Jen, she isn't a morning person. Sure, enough Poppy pokes her head in seeing if I am ready to join her. I get on my running outfit; I might as well get some in in addition to escorting her.

We are on the dawn side of the island, so our trip won't be long. Apparently the artist has found a better shot further down or we could just walk. There is little activity, a few stores with early workers setting up for the day. We arrive at the beach and I am reminded once again not to question Poppy, this is going to make an incredible shot, she sets up her tripod then re adjusts it a few feet away, a slightly different angle but something told her this one will be better.

"Poppy my dear, need me for a little bit? I thought I'd run down the beach a mile or so and back, I will be back before sunrise."

"No problem but when you come back, run along the water past my location, I want to get a picture of you against the water as the light comes up." I would never have thought of that.

The beach isn't completely empty, a few people who partied too much last night who found it easier to pass out here then stumble to home. I love the morning sea air; these morning runs are going to be very relaxing. I take a peek at my watch, time to turn back, I run past Poppy with maybe 3 minutes to spare and circle up to her in time to watch her snapping pictures as the sun comes up.

"Sandy, can you run north past the camera like you did before now the sun is up? Full speed."

"Sure." I head back down to the beach out of frame and build up my speed so I'm going a full sprint as I cross her field of vision. Again, I loop back to the area overlooking the beach where we setup.

"Perfect. Wow you can sure move!"

"Nobody catches the ninja."

"No doubt. There is a shop that opens about now on the way that sells bread and such for breakfast, let's get something to wake Jen up with."

"I know Jen, it won't work, I'll put some money on that.

The smell of fresh bread didn't wake Jen up, at least not at first. We have our day planned out; Poppy is going to take the ATV all over snapping pictures. I brought with us Jen's old laptop, I traded her my old one because it was better and figured I would bring that instead of my very expensive hacker laptop. The laptop is really only going to be used to back up all of her pictures to the cloud. Yesterday she filled up 2 SD cards and almost the 3rd, I'm glad I planned ahead and brought a ton of storage. Maybe 4pm Jen and Poppy will go to the far side of the island for sunset. I don't expect Jen will be doing running, she can, it just isn't her thing.