Activated Pt. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I feel bad about it."

"Sandy, a year ago I was a computer sciences major with crushing shyness and self-esteem issues. I had one friend and that was because he was my roommate. Now I am mostly over my issues, have a bunch of new friends, and even go on little adventures."

"Mostly?"

"For the first couple of months that we were dating I was certain that you were going dump me any moment, I didn't feel worthy."

"Oh no! And you are better now?"

"Well it'll probably always be lurking in the back of my head, but I've come a long way. My point is that every moment I am with you is a gift, even if I'm sitting at the table while you're taking care of your sisters." He smiles.

I walk into his arms for a hug, we hold that for a few seconds.

"We have two choices, I really want to take you to bed after that but I'm also pretty hungry, how does soup, salad, and breadsticks sound?"

"Really good, and then bed?"

"That is a certainty!"

+-+-+

Finals! This is like the best part of the school year for me, I get to close out my classes and it means that around the corner I'm going to be back home. Of course it's going to be a little bit different this year, we're really not going to get the gang together until just after Christmas.

Jen is taking Alex back to Arizona, and is going to return just before the showing. My Michael is going back to Connecticut and also returning right before the showing. Becca is coming home, and I'm kind of excited to celebrate Hanukkah also this year.

The gallery showing is actually going to be something else I figure, Calliope has done very well this year and I expect the showing will be considerably more intense. We're trying to figure out if she should go, or if she can go with a disguise. I don't think Cali from the Vineyard will cut it. I can't wait to see her, even though it's only been a couple of weeks.

I've started to think about what will happen post graduation. Too many variables, I don't know how to plan just yet. I do have my job at Raytheon, that's working out pretty well, and I can really do that from anywhere in the country. I don't know, I really want to settle down in the Virginia area near my friends and family.

I was talking with my mother the other day, about all of the changes that we've seen in the last year.

"For about 18 years it was just the five of us, now I think our family has doubled."

Well she's not wrong, Calliope was taken in last year, and we've scooped up Jen and Alex and Rebecca since then. And of course my Michael.

We have the second observer drone almost finished, it's sort of fell on the back burner as we get closer to tests, there is an unofficial competition for the highest GPA. I have to remember to tone it down if I do really well, I fully acknowledge that is a less attractive part of my personality.

+-+-+

Well we got through the finals, today and tomorrow we will all start scattering to the corners of the country.

Mike slept over last night and I'm taking him to the airport in the next couple of hours. Jen and Alex fly out early in the morning, Rebecca and I in the afternoon tomorrow.

When we were apart during the summer, I got a little bit manic, I'm kind of hoping that I cope a little bit better now. Rebecca has already warned me that any morning run over 10 km and she's leaving me to fend for myself.

I know we have to go soon but I have had him on the bed, making out for the last 20 minutes.

"We need to get going soon."

"I know but I'm not going to see you for a few weeks, I want to stock up."

"You're something else. I will see you on the day after Christmas, and I will make sure that I get enough rest to be able to handle you when I get here."

"Say hello to your family for me."

"I can't wait to tell them about our adventure, I figured I would save it for in-person."

"Remember, don't tell them about the shelter, you signed a NDA."

"I most certainly didn't, but I will edit the story to leave it out."

I look at my phone, darn it. "I guess we have to go."

+-+-+

We got to Virginia without any problems, met by Poppy and Michael in her SUV.

"Hey you two, how is engagement treating you?"

"Wonderful!"

"Are you all set for the gallery showing?"

"Well ... I have the paintings all set but I'm still not sure if I'm going to go."

"I'm going to start researching disguises. Grey your hair, fake glasses, cane, easy stuff."

"Just as long as Lois and Jimmy are fooled."

As we went in the house it was a flury of hugs, Betsy got here a little earlier so now we were all set till the rest get here after Christmas.

Michael PoV

Steve picked me up at Bradley airport which means I'm going to get the big brother version of the third degree.

"Hey Mike, how is school?"

"Fine, grades are good." I pause for a moment, "okay get it out of your system, ask."

"Welll, are you still dating that crazy redhead?"

"Yes I'm still dating Sandy, and cut it out on the crazy part. Yes she's a little eccentric but she's also very smart and caring. I can't wait to tell you guys about our little adventure."

"Adventure eh? Can I get a hint?"

"I spent the weekend in Virginia."

"Well I'm sure it's more interesting when you tell it."

We settled into a quiet ride back to my house. It was after dinner and everyone was settling down in the living room.

"Mike has a story to tell."

"One second, I need to get something first." I go and get the box I shipped up here and a cowbar.

"Okay, got everyone's attention?" I get nods of agreement. "Did I mention that the girls made friends with a local artist? I probably didn't. So there is Sandy who I'm dating, her best friend Jen, the artist Calliope and the new addition to the group Rebecca who is from Israel. The 4 girls are very close and they pulled me into their circle since I'm dating Sandy. To say I lucked out is an understatement."

"In this box, if I ever get it open, are 3 pictures made by Calliope. Keep them safe." The box opens, "Ah okay, little mess here, sorry about that." The first two are from the overflow from her last gallery, one is a picture of a Greek monastery and the other is of the beach, there is a figure running there and I know it is Sandy but it is at a distance so it could be anyone. "These are for the house, she is on her way to being famous in the art world. They might be worth more than the house."

"Those are amazing, what is the last one you are hiding?"

I pull the last one from the box, "This one is mine." A picture of Sandy and I looking into each other's eyes, holding hands. She's wearing a radiant dress with her traditional pony tail down her back, the one ear facing us has a spot of green for the earrings she hasn't seemed to take off since I've given them to her."

"Okay so that out of the way I have to tell you about what happened at the beginning of October. So Calliope is on her way to being famous, she has had 2 big showings and she attracted the attention of a guy that runs a big foundation. They commissioned her to paint something for the Smithsonian, which is huge for a new artist. She painted this amazing picture and insisted on bringing us all up for the unveiling."

"For first weekend in October she actually chartered a jet to bring us up to DC where the gallery is. On that Saturday we went to the closed showing for the painting, mostly friends and family but there was a senator she's friends with too. Calliope actually built this amazing house this year, we stayed over there part of the time." I pull out my phone and bring up the picture of Lincoln, "This is the picture, I think they are actually putting it up this week." I shuffle to the next picture, "This is the group photo we took on Sunday before we flew back to school."

"Wow, looks like you had some fun."

"It was just amazing. And then we have Thanksgiving where we went over the Cards, although dinner was over at Calliope's. On Monday we worked on her house. Yes, it is a new house but Sandy, she tells me this is material for a future PhD thesis, put all of these smart house features. The security system has a pair of drones in constant orbit, seems like overkill but nobody sneaks up on them for sure. That Monday we were replacing the drones with new ones Sandy and Rebecca designed and upgrading the sound canceling in the bedrooms."

"So we did that in the morning and ended up swimming in the afternoon, she has this really nice indoor swimming pool."

My mother looks at the pictures, "I guess she is very successful, sounds like a big house."

"Yep, with a huge workshop studio where she paints."

"So you had some fun this semester."

"Yes, well I'm sort of coming around to something. The reason we've done all this fun stuff is because I've been dating Sandy."

"First impressions aside she does seem like a wonderful girl."

"When I go down there after Christmas I'm going to ask her to marry me."

Dad smiles right away, Steve gives me a high-five, my mother is thinking it through and eventually lands on a smile.

"Big step son, you sure?"

"I am, she is many types of amazing and I think it really has been good for me too. Before this I didn't have any friends outside of Greg, and he sort of came with the room. Now I have a bunch. The reason I bring all this stuff up is because I want you to know how happy dating her has made me, I want that forever."

"What are you going to do when you graduate?"

"Mom, not sure, I'm looking for a job now, it will probably be down there."

"Well that sure is something, it's great to have you home Mike."

Mom checks in on me while I unpack, I brought the picture of us into my room, after I get settled my next task is to figure out how to hang it.

"Hey Mom, are there any hangers for paintings?"

"I guess I'll go look for those, looks like we have a few to hang up. Those paintings are incredible, you sort of feel something when you look at them."

She comes back with hanger in a hammer. "Big step proposing, do you think you're up for it?"

"I do. We had something come up a couple weeks ago, something with the boy that Rebecca was dating. Understandably Sandy had to take care of her friend, later she apologized because she felt that she was ignoring me. I realized in that moment that even being around her makes me happy, and I told her just that. I just think it's the right time."

"Well we are all glad to see you happy."

It took me a few minutes, I eventually got the picture on the wall where I could look over and see it when I get in the morning. Sandy has told me a couple times that she gets a little worked up when we are apart, I thought that was just a girl thing but now I'm counting the days until I fly back down there.

+-+-+

Every year I meet up with my friends from high school, sometimes we meet up during the summer but last couple years it's been tougher to set something up. I'm meeting up with Chris and Jeff might swing by.

"Hey Chris, what's the latest?"

"I can't wait to get done with school, how are things down south?"

"Well, I'm getting engaged."

"What?"

"Yeah I've been dating someone since last February, you'd like her she's amazing."

"Congratulations, someone you met at school?"

I pull out my phone, I have a picture of Sandy and Becca standing over their drones. "Sandy is the redhead, the other girl is Rebecca, she was in the news. The two of them have been building stuff for the last few months, here they are with some drones they designed and built."

"Wow she's really pretty, and she built those drones?"

"Sort of a collaboration."

"You said Rebecca was in the news?"

"Nothing major, she just killed two guys." I pause for a little bit for dramatic effect. "She's from Israel, last year she was captured and fought her way free."

"Nothing interesting ever happens at CCSU, just cat converters stolen. Sounds like you are having a good time. So aside from getting engaged how is school going?"

"I'm starting to look for a job down in that area, for after graduation."

"When did you ask her to marry you?"

"In about a week actually, she doesn't know it's coming, I hope. Enough about me how are you doing?"

"Student teaching, probably going to teach summer school again this year. Still dating Kirsten off and on, not sure if that is going anywhere."

We settled in and talked TV and movies throughout the rest of the lunch, it was good to catch up. My friend Jeff never showed up, go figure.

+-+-+

Christmas was fine, I mean for most of my life I was excited about it. Now I'm excited to be going to the airport to fly down to Virginia.

The flight was uneventful and not too long, all I have is my backpack so I'm going to just head to the pickup area.

"Heading to the pick up area."

"I will be waiting for you."

'Play it cool, Play it cool', I'm telling myself. I think that went out the window when I saw her standing by the car, at least I didn't break into a run. I pull her into an embrace and give her a kiss, she has been doing this thing where her leg goes up when I kiss her, I think she picked it up from Poppy and it is both old timey and adorable.

"I missed you Sandy."

"Missed you too, can't wait to get you home."

We had a nice drive, Sandy borrowed her mother's Tesla, it's a very comfortable car.

Once we got back to the house I dropped off my backpack in her room, Sandy practically tackled me onto the bed, we kissed for maybe 20 minutes. She wanted to exchange gifts now but I insisted that we wait until after dinner, I have to sneak in a question first.

It is not terribly easy to sneak away from Sandy, she got the whole ninja thing going so you never know if she's actually following you. I was kind of hoping she wasn't following and I snuck down to her father's study.

I knocked on the door frame and he looked up, "Oh hello Michael, what can I do for you?"

I gently close the door and walk in. "Sir, I would like to ask Sandy to marry me, I would like your permission."

He puts down his pen and looks me directly in the eyes, clearly taking a measure of me. "Permission granted. You are going to ask her tonight?"

"Yes, after dinner."

"I have to warn Lily, don't worry she won't spoil it."

"Thank you sir, I will take care of your daughter."

He nods and then goes back to working, I quietly let myself out.

+-+-+

Dinner was delicious, and I think my heart beat is at dangerous levels in anticipation. Jen and Alex arrived just before dinner, Sandy dragged us all to the great room to exchange presents.

The two of us exchange gifts last, I don't think this is good for my blood pressure. She handed me a huge box, when I opened it I found a very nice compound bow package.

"Now we can go shooting together, this one allows you to adjust the draw."

Showtime! I reach into my backpack and pull out a rectangular jewelry box. She opens it up and there is an emerald pendant on a gold chain. There are a lot of oohs and ahs as she puts it on. Now I get to act, I put on an expression of confusion and disappointment.

She looks at me "What's wrong?"

"Wrong box."

I reach into my backpack and get the second box, this one is decidedly for a ring. She draws a deep breath as I get down on one knee. "Sandra Penelope, will you make me forever happy as my wife?"

For a moment there it looked like she might faint, "yes" she whispered. I put the ring on her finger and pulled her in for a kiss. After the kiss I took half step back and looked at her in her beautiful eyes, I nodded to her and she matched it. This has never happened before, she's prepared for everything and apparently this was not something she prepared for, wow.

Jen picked up on it too, "Sandy, are you fine?"

She mouths words but no voice. "Okay, maybe you need a little rest to get back." And with this she walks her up to her room.

"Well at least you got a yes out of her before all that."

"Thanks Alex. I think I'll go upstairs and sit with her until she comes out of this."

"Congratulations Michael."

"Thank you everyone, I'll see you later."

I got up to the room just as Jen was coming out, she gave me a big hug. "She's lying down and I imagine that she'll come out of this in a few minutes and you better be ready."

"I have been getting ready for months." We exchange smiles and I go in closing the door behind me.

"Hey Sandy, it's me, how are you doing?"

It starts off soft and then starts to build, "Michael asked me to marry him, Michael asked me to marry him, I'm going to marry Michael. Oh hello Michael, I'm going to marry you." She reaches up and pulls me onto the bed with her. I think she's broken out of it and the fountain of energy is back,. I think she ripped my pants getting them off, well we can always go shopping.

I've had a lot of sex with Sandy, this may have been the most intense. In a few minutes I'm looking over at her, all she is wearing is her new necklace, her emerald earrings and now her ring.

"So you like the necklace?"

"You tricked me, you sneak."

"I can take back the necklace if you don't like it."

"Do not even joke about that."

"I'm excited about the bow, you know, maybe we can try it out tomorrow?"

Sandy PoV

Christmas day, and I used to get so worked up about it and now all I can think about is picking up my boyfriend the next day.

We lit our first hanukkah candle and Becca gave us a little lesson. She has been going to synagogue every week, trying to reconnect. To make things easier I had her take a motorcycle class when we got to Reiligh, now she can just borrow my bike. It is wonderful how close I've become with Rebecca, we run, we build, we go to martial arts classes. Back home I had the gomorrah drone following us in case we ran into trouble, we would positively wreck anyone who messed with us. Hmmm ... I have an idea.

The day after we get up for our runs. As we are stretching I run something by Becca. "Do you know how long the gomorrah drone can run full out and what speed?"

"Um, speed is between 40 and 50 kilometers an hour, depending on weather. Should be enough power for a day at that speed. What do you have in mind?"

"Going to have it fly up here."

"We'll have to build a charger for it, I think we have all the electronics at Calliope's and can print a cradle there too."

"I'm going to get it flying, it should land here in about 10 hours. Can you make sure to bring it in if I'm busy?"

"With Mike?"

"I don't kno- aw who am I kidding, yes. Oh and I'm going to try not to make this a death run."

We start off, I managed to contain myself and we only did 8km today.

Mike's plane arrives at 2pm so I was in the airport parking lot at noon of course. I did bring along my laptop so I could be productive, a little update to the gomorrah software so that it supported multiple homes and to go to the nearest one to charge. Coding is relaxing but that was too easy, only took me 30 minutes. Maybe I should take a nap, that gets me laughing, no way I could settle down. I end up working on my long-term project, my future thesis on the building of the perfect smart house.

My phone rings and I realize those evil 90 minutes are gone. I make sure my work is backed up and put away the laptop.

"Hey Sandy, we're taxing to the terminal, should be at the pickup area in maybe 20 minutes."

"I'll be waiting."

Get it together, play it cool, you are strong.

I pull into the waiting area and stand outside the car, Teslas are common, I am unique. He sees me and walks over briskly, right into an embrace. As we kiss my leg goes up again, I picked that up from Calliope and it seems to kick in everytime we kiss in public.

"I missed you."

"Let's get you home."

We got home and after the normal greetings I offered to help him get settled, I was fooling nobody. I pushed him on the bed, a move he has become familiar with, and kissed him for maybe 20 minutes.