Adam and Steve Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jacket and tie I take it?"

"Yeah, hope it isn't a problem."

"No problem." Adam smiled at him. "Would you like to pick it out?" Hoping that maybe he could get a little kissing in while asking him to help tie his tie.

Steve followed Adam to his room and they walked into his small walk in closet. "Wow, you have a few clothes. Let's see, I like the black and black, they are nice silky pants, do you have a jacket to match?" Adam pull the matching jacket off a hanger, then Steve turned to the ties and pulled a red silk tie off the tie rack. "This will make you stand out a bit." Steve smiled. "Do you mind?" Adam shook his head.

Steve reached up and turned Adams collar up and buttoned the two buttons up and the last one up at the collar, than looped the tie around his neck. He watch how much length he was leaving and proceeded to tie the tie, when he folded down his collar, Adam leaned in for a kiss. "You sure you want to go out tonight?"

"Mmmm, no, but we are going to go." Steve smiled and pecked his cheek and walked back out to his bedroom. Adam caught up with him and wrapped his arms around Steve waist and kissed the back of his neck. "You are something else, Adam. Please let's go before we can't."

"Sure." Adam laughed a little as he ushered Steve from his room. "Where we going?"

"You will see when we get there."

Adam just shook his head and they headed out the door, they got into Steve's car and was off. When they drove downtown and found a parking spot they had a few blocks to walk to the restaurant. "Wow, this place isn't easy to get into." Adam looked at Steve. "Steve how long have you been planning on asking me out?"

Steve didn't say anything they had walked up to the desk and he was talking to the hostess. "Good evening, Sir."

"Good evening, reservations for Steve Ames."

"Yes, Sir, your table is ready, would you please follow me."

They were taken to the far side of the restaurant and seated and a very intimate table, it had a red table cloth, with white cloth napkins folded in fan shapes on top of the menus. There were water glasses, wine glasses, and several different pieces of silverware setting there. Adam felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman not knowing what fork goes for what.

"Please do not look at the cost, I would like to choose for you, if you wouldn't mind." Steve asked as Adam was about to pick up the menu.

"Steve there are no prices on this menu."

"Good, then you will not know." Steve smiled at him. "Do you mind if I order?" Adam shook his head. "Are you allergic to anything and do you like seafood?"

"No and I like most everything."

"Ok, thank you." The waiter came over and Steve started talking with him, saying they would do the tasting menu which was a six course dinner. He ordered two different selections from each section until he got to the main course, which he did ask Adam if he would prefer beef, lamb, duck or rabbit. Adam surprised Steve and told him rabbit. Then he ordered the last two courses, which were soup and dessert.

Throughout the dinner, when each course was served it was paired with a different wine. Each glass of wine was only a quarter full, but if the waiter noticed they finished the wine before the course was finished he would come and pour another quarter glass, but when the course was cleared he would take the wine away so they could cleanse their palates for the next course.

There was never any silence during the entire two hour dinner, they were talking about anything and everything. The one thing that Adam never did ask Steve was what he did for a living, Adam knew this place was not cheap, he knew what it cost because he had taken his ex Ben to a French restaurant when they had gone to New York for a vacation and nearly paid six hundred for the two of them to have a six course dinner like this.

When the dessert dishes were taken away, coffee was served, it was nearing nine. "Thank you for a wonderful dinner."

"It was my pleasure Adam."

Adam remember just then that he had asked Steve a question when they first walked into the restaurant and re-asked it. "Steve how long have you been planning this?"

"For a while, as I told you, I was trying to get my nerve up to ask you."

"But you gave me the choice or this Saturday or the following one, did you have reservations for both weekends?"

Steve smiled, "No, just this weekend, and a few other weekends in the past. I didn't want to keep canceling on this place, so I had to get my nerve up and ask you out."

"Well I am glad you did, but I wish you would let me at least pay half, this place is awfully expensive."

"Adam, I asked you out, not to go dutch, you are just going to have to get use to me spoiling you."

Adam just sat back and looked at Steve, should he ask the question of what he does for a living or not. God he didn't want to pry, shit he knew they just spent near six hundred if not more. The waiter did come over with the check and sat it down on the edge of the table, Steve didn't even open the booklet he just sat his credit card on top, his black card, and the waiter was back a few minutes later to collect it.

Adam sat back and stared at Steve, 'he has a black card, holy fuck, who is this guy', he thought to himself. 'Maybe he is out of my league why would he even think that a coach at a high school would be interesting.'

"What are you thinking about Adam?" Steve saw the look of confusion in his eyes.

"Wondering who you are and why you would be interested in me."

"What do you mean, who am I. I am Steve Ames." He chuckled at that. "I am interested in you because you are what I like, Adam."

"Yeah but who is Steve Ames, what do you do?"

"I am a lawyer."

"Just a lawyer, Steve?"

"I am a lawyer, I do mostly pro bono cases because I don't need the money. I come from a very wealthy family and I am living off of my trust fund mostly. I also work for my families company, when a lawyer is needed."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why work, most wealthy people in these parts don't."

"Because I enjoy it, I was the typical rich kid growing up, I didn't want to go to school and when I was there the first time, I partied so much I flunked out. When I was twenty five I decided it was time I did something with my life and went back to school, did the bachelors all over again and then went to law school. When I was first out I went to work for my father and I hated it, but I didn't have access to my trust fund yet so he told me if I wanted to live that I needed to work. After a few years, I walked into one of those free law clinics they run throughout the city and I found out I enjoyed giving my time to the less fortunate. When my father realized this, at first he was mad that I would waste my talent by giving it away free, but then he saw that I enjoyed it and began to understand that this was how I was."

"I wouldn't have guessed that you were a lawyer or that you were rich."

"I don't flaunt my wealth, that is not who I am, I live in a very modest home and you saw what I drive."

"And you are interested in a coach?"

"Let's get out of here, and we can talk about your ex-boyfriends."

"Do we really need to?"

"I have my own questions, so yeah, would you like to come to my place or yours."

"Let's see how the other half lives."

"I told you I live in a very modest house and just remember Teddy is there."

"Maybe having Teddy there would be a good thing, we can get some talking in, instead of lots of kissing that could lead to the bedroom."

"Ok." The waiter had long since returned the booklet to the table, Steve pulled it towards him, signed the copy, added the tip to the charge and pulled his card out to put back in his wallet that he left on the table the entire time they were talking. "Shall we go than?" Steve stood and reached his hand out for Adam, which he took it as he stood and Steve lend in for a kiss before they turned and walked from the dining area.

The drive home was not fill completely with nonstop talking they did talk, they were holding hands as Steve drove. Steve was rubbing his thumb over the soft back of Adams hand, Adam smiled all the way to Steve's home. When they arrived to a very modest neighborhood and pulled into a driveway, Adam was amazed, that Steve didn't live far from his own house. He lived across town from his apartment but his house was a few blocks away.

They walked into the house to find not only Teddy in the living room, but two other players, Scott and Jeff. When they saw Adam, they all sat up straight and all said at the same time, "Hello Coach."

"Boys"

Steve and Adam walked passed them, "Would you like a beer."

"Would love one."

They walked through the kitchen, Steve grabbing the beers as they walked into the family room to sit down and start talking. Before sitting down they both removed their jackets and ties.

In the other room the boys were talking low, "What's the coach doing here, Teddy?" Jeff asked.

"I don't know." Teddy responded.

"I am going to go get a coke anyone want anything?" Jeff asked.

"You just want to know what they are doing."

Jeff smiled and jumped up and ran into the kitchen, he was taking his time at the fridge looking as he was eavesdropping.

"So, tell me what your ex's were like?" Adam asked, when they finally sat down.

"Well, I went through a lot of boyfriends over the years, most of them were rich little bitches. My last few that I found that I liked the most were down to earth guys. It took me a long time to figure out that the reason I like living a simple life is that I really enjoyed the company of someone that isn't wealthy. I hope that doesn't bother you. I am not saying that you aren't rich, because I don't know if you are or not, but you live the life that you want to live not what your parents have told you, or your wealth has told you to live."

"Not offended. I actually understand what you are saying. I am not from a poor family either but not from one as rich as yours seems to be. But I like the life that I am living. I didn't have very many boyfriends though, mainly one, his name was Ben."

"How did you meet?"

"In high school, I was the quarterback and he was the drama queen." Adam laughed. "I think I loved him a first sight, of course I couldn't let anyone know that I was gay back then. So I would sneak over to his house or he would come over to mine when no one was around."

Jeff decided that he needed to find a reason to stay to listen to more so he started looking through the cupboards; finally he just gave up and sat down on the kitchen floor to listen.

"Ben and I went to the same college, I was recruited for football, along with my best friend Kip. We were supposed to go to the pros together but Ben begged me not to go, so I used my physical education degree and became a gym teacher and coach. Not that I don't like it, but sometimes I wish I would have went to the pros like Kip."

"Is Kip still in the pros?"

"Yep and he is still my best friend, of course when it isn't football season. I will have to introduce you sometime."

"So what happened with Ben?"

Adam looked down at his hands for a minute than looked up. "The last time I found him cheating on me, I kicked him out. I had come home from an away game early, I was just the assistant coach then. The other team had most of their players come up sick so the game was canceled, I headed back a day earlier than the team. I wanted to surprise Ben because we had left the day of our anniversary, so I picked up flowers for him, I knew he would be home because he worked the midnight shift at the police station."

"So he is a police officer?"

"Yeah, well I came home and I was walking back towards our bedroom and there he was, fucking his best friend from high school, or I should say his friend was fucking him, I didn't even know he was gay."

"I am sorry, Adam."

"It wasn't the first time, but it was the last time that he was going to cheat on me. I waited until they were finished before I told them both to get out of my house and then I walked out, I stop back every once in a while to get something that I want out of my room, but I don't stay in my own house anymore, that is when I went out and got the apartment."

"Has he tried to talk to you?"

"Yeah a few months later, he was begging me to take him back. He showed up at my apartment one day, with a black eye. As always, he told me he made a mistake but it was my fault too because I was out of town a lot and he was lonely. I asked him how many times he cheated on me; he couldn't even tell me the truth."

"How many times did you catch him?"

"Three, but I know there were others, I just didn't want to think about it, or admit it to myself. I asked him how he could risk my health by fucking these guys bareback, he told me he was sorry that he wasn't thinking."

"Did he give you anything?"

"No, I got myself tested that day and then every month for six months to make sure. I haven't been with anyone since Ben. Not that I didn't want to, just how do you meet anyone when your life revolves around a male sport that most guys are straight as an arrow. I know there are gay guys but most didn't interest me, and the rest were just out for a quickie or had a ring around their finger and I wasn't into that."

"And then I show up at your office."

Adam smiled. "And then you show up. We should end for the night, I am sure Jeff is getting tired of sitting on the kitchen floor."

Steve laughed, "I am sure he is. I will take you home."

"Nah, I think I will walk to my house, and sleep there tonight."

"If you want you can stay here, we don't have to do anything."

"Yeah and get the kids to talking and possible be uncomfortable. Nah it is ok, thank you again for the wonderful dinner, it is my treat tomorrow, if you would like to go out with me." Adam leaned into Steve for a kiss and was rewarded when Steve wrapped his arms around Adam's neck and pulled him in for a long earth shattering kiss. "Mmmm, I better go before I can't."

Adam stood and picked up his jacket and tie, Steve walked him to the door and they stepped out onto the porch. They stood there talking for a bit longer and kissed a few more times, the kids were in the window watching and when they looked over they all dropped to the floor. "Wow, have times changed, where before people would think two men kissing was gross, but the kids growing up today seem to have a better understanding of sexuality sometimes."

"Sometimes yes. Are you sure you don't want me to take you to your apartment?"

"Yeah, really my house is just a couple blocks from here, I will probably scare the hell out of my friends, but they will get over it quick." Adam smiled, with that he kissed Steve one more time and walked down the street.

Steve watched him until he couldn't see him anymore and walked back into the house. "Why are you kids so damn nosey?"

"Sorry Steve, but I really was just getting something from the kitchen." Jeff responded.

"For an hour Jeff? Anyways, I am going to bed." Steve walked into the kitchen for a glass of water, he grabbed up his jacket and tie and headed off to his room. He hopes that Adam and he will continue to get to know one another. He waited a bit and texted Adam to make sure he made it to his home safely.

'Did you make it home?'

'Yeah, talking with my friend.'

'Ok, have a goodnight, would you like to do breakfast in the morning?'

'That sounds like a plan, text when you wake, so I know when the best time to walk back over.'

'Ok, have a good night.'

'Thank you again for the wonderful night.'

***

Adam had walked the few blocks over to his house, and when he keyed himself into the house his friend Matt was watching TV with a few other people and when he looked over at Adam, he jumped up and hugged him. "Shit man, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Was in the neighborhood, without a car and decided if I still had a bed here I would sleep here."

"Of course you still have your room, man. Why don't you have your car?"

"Was on a date."

"That bad that you didn't want a ride home from him?"

"No, we were at his home and no it wasn't going bad, on the contrary it is going great, but if I would have stay we would have gone further than we had planned, so I decided to leave."

"Would he have taken you home?"

"Yes Mom, but I decided to come and see my family. Anyways...." The text came in from Steve and he smiled, while they were exchanging texts. "Anyways, now it seems I have a breakfast date."

"Come in and sit down will you, you can meet your new tenant."

Matt sat back down with his girlfriend Sarah, Adam and she hugged. Than Matt introduced Adam to Caleb. They didn't say anything more than hi, and then Matt was back to asking questions.

"So who is this new guy, tell me all about him?"

"We only had technically one date but we hung out as well. He is the uncle of one of my kids."

"Well what does he look like?" Sarah asked.

Adam laughed. "Tall, dark and handsome."

"Yeah that isn't you. He is blonde, or close to, at least your height if not a little shorter and being blonde he probably had green or blue eyes."

Adam smiled. "Green."

"What does he do for a living?"

"Lawyer."

"What type?" Sarah asked.

"I don't know, he does pro bono work in one of those free clinics and he works for his families company, and don't ask, I don't know what his family does, I didn't ask."

"What's his name?"

"Boy Sarah, you are a little pushy for not seeing me in a long time." Adam laughed.

"Well?"

"Steve Ames."

"You said Ames?"

"Yeah Steve Ames, why?"

"He is a little older than you, right?"

"A few years."

"You know his brother."

"No I don't, I don't recall any Ames."

"Probably because you didn't know his last name, do you remember Jack Ames? Jack hung around Ben, it was always Ben and Jack all the time."

"Jack doesn't look anything like Steve."

"Jack was adopted. Not sure if Steve was, but Jack was."

"No, I would remember if we all went to the same school."

"Steve would have been a senior when you were either in eighth or ninth grade, think about it he is a good four to five years older than you, right?"

"I have to know this now." Adam pulled his phone out and called Steve.

"Miss me already?" Steve answered with.

"Sort of." Adam smiled. "But really I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Do you have a brother named Jack that would be my age?"

"Yes."

"Oh shit, it is a small world."

"Why?" Steve asked.

"Jack is who was in bed with Ben that day I walked in on them."

"Can I come over?"

"Yeah, 418 Clover Street, the door is open."

***

Steve sat up straight in the bed when Adam told him that Jack was the one sleeping with Ben, 'Holy Shit.' He called his brother right then.

"Hey Steve what's up?"

"Who are you seeing right now?"

"You called me up to ask who I am seeing, Steve?"

"Just tell me Jack, right now?"

"Ben Carson, my best friend from High School. Why?" Ben looked at Jack wondering why Steve was asking about him.

"Oh Shit, this is going to be awkward."

12