Against All Odds

Story Info
Tutor and student connect.
4.9k words
4.51
15.1k
16
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: Anyone and everyone partaking in sexual stuff is 18, or older. This story is pure fiction. Also, some might just think of this as a story about racial tolerance. If you are looking for instant sex, look elsewhere.

My name is Ronald Johnson. I'm nearing my 35th birthday, and will be celebrating with my wife of ten years, Valerie, and our three kids. This in itself is somewhat of a miracle.

I think I need to enlighten my readers. My parents, Reginald and Victoria Johnson raised me to treat all races equally. My dad is African/American, and my mom is half Native American and half African/American. So, you can tell I'm 1/4 Native and 3/4 African.

My dad was one of this country's best wide receivers in his era. In college, he was considered a 'can't miss' in the NFL. That was right up until he tore every ligament in his left knee, his Junior season.

With football no longer an option for him, it nearly killed him. It took nearly two full years to get back into college to complete his degree. If he hadn't gone back he would have never met the shy, mixed race girl, who became his wife, and my mother.

Meeting in college, they dated the entire two years it took for him to compete his courses to become a high school English teacher. While he started teaching, my mother completed her degree to teach business and finance.

It took them nearly ten years to finally get pregnant, and, voila, nine months later, I appeared in their lives. From the time I could sit up, dad had a book in my hands. Picture books. Books that either he or mom would read to me. Books about each and every subject, imaginable.

I inhaled every book put on front of me. By my third birthday, I knew my alphabet, and could make out words in some of my books.

By the time I started high school, I was already two grades ahead of my peers. I graduated high school at 15, and started at the University of Washington. One bad thing about going to high school so young was, even at 6'1" and just about 180, or so, I wasn't allowed to play football, because of my age. By the time I was old enough, I was on my way to college.

Once at the U, I had to decide what I wanted to major in. I was fairly sure I wanted to be a doctor, as math and science were favorite subjects of mine. Also, I was always fascinated hearing dad tell about the doctors who put his knee back together, allowing him to walk, again.

Chewing through my classes, it was evident I would finish in three years. Now, all I had to do was convince the School of Medicine to admit me, at 18 years of age.

During my final year, in college, I began tutoring some students in math. Mostly 100 level classes, and some 200 levels. There were two girls, both seniors, who asked if I would tutor them, together, as they were taking the same 200 level math class, and both struggling.

These girls were as different as night and day. Francine Garrison was tall, thin and blond. Valerie Harris, was shorter, heavier, and a brunette. The only thing they had in common, was the fact that their fathers were business partners, and very well to do.

Francine told me that her father had to meet me, to see if he would OK me to tutor his only daughter.

When I arrived at his house, I knew the family was loaded. They lived in a gated community, and when the security guard looked at me, I thought he wasn't going to let me in.

When I got to the front door, it was opened by Mrs. Garrison, who looked more than a bit shocked, to see a black kid at her door. When I told her who I was, she had me wait in the entryway, and went to get Mr. Garrison.

The first words out of his mouth were, "sorry you came out here, but you're not tutoring my daughter!"

"Sir, is it because I'm black?"

"You said that, I didn't."

"Wow, I can't believe in this day and age, you won't allow a 4.0 student, graduating college before his 19th birthday, and getting into Medical School, to tutor your daughter because I'm black!"

I turned, and walked back to my car. I certainly didn't need a racist father telling me I'd never tutor his daughter.

The next afternoon, when I thought I would have two students to teach, only Valerie showed up. She told me Mr. Garrison called her father yelling that no 'Jig' was going to teach his daughter. I couldn't believe a man in this day and age still used the racist term 'jigaboo' even in its shortened term.

She looked at me and told me her dad wasn't quite that upset, but let her know he wasn't too happy. Just as I was going to respond, I saw Francine approaching, and asking Valerie to come with her.

"Frannie, I need to pass this class, even if you don't."

They both moved away from me, whispering. I could imagine what they were saying, so I got up and started to leave.

When Val called out to me, and Frannie tried to stop her, I just turned, smiled, and told them to have a good time with their class. I did hear Val telling her pal she just ruined her chance to graduate, on time.

That afternoon, as I was at the library after my last class, I heard a soft, "can I talk to you, Ronald?" It was Valerie.

"I'd really like some help with this class, please."

"Do I have to earn your father's approval?"

"Absolutely not. I told him all about you and how you were going to Med School. I also told him that you weren't even old enough to go to any bar for a drink."

I noticed a grin when she remarked about my age.

"Are you asking me out for a drink," I quietly said.

Grinning, she just said, we'll see, and left, giving me a phone number to contact her about studying.

As I began tutoring Val, we would notice Frannie walking by, trying to look indifferent, but not succeeding. I had to ask myself if she was wanting to date me, even with her racist dad lurking in the shadows.

For the last two months of the term, I did manage to help Valerie pass her class, and graduate with a degree in history. At the time, I wondered if she went to college to find a husband, or just to please her family.

Oh, by the way, Francine failed the class, didn't get her degree, but found a husband. Some guy with a family nearly as rich as hers.

On to Medical school.

My first year, I was so busy learning the myriad of information, needed, I barely had a social life. I did, however find a lab partner who needed some help, who was more than happy to relieve me of my virginity. It just so happened, she was one of the few other black students in our group.

We both knew, that even before she dropped out of med school, to teach high school chemistry, we weren't ever going any further than the three or four hook ups we had.

My second year of med school was flying by, with our taking different rotations in the University Hospital, and at the largest hospital in the entire state, with the only level one trauma center in four states, learning what it was like becoming a doctor.

Once, or twice, I noticed Valerie at the hospital, taking an older relative to an appointment. Each time, we would just have time for a word, or two, and she always wished me well. Each time I would notice that there wasn't a ring on her finger, so I kept thinking, do I have the nerve to ask her for a date. I also kept wondering if I had the time to date.

As summer began, I finally built up the courage to call her, and ask her out to dinner. We actually found time, and we had our first real date.

When I picked her up at her very nice condo, I noticed it was far nicer than my little studio apartment, that I'd been living in for nearly two years.

Getting to the restaurant I'd chosen for our first date, we just talked about her teaching job, as she knew both my parents were teachers. We just seemed to click, but I wanted to go slow.

"Did you know Francine is getting divorced, already. It seems as if her dad didn't like her husband, who didn't want to work. It seems as if her soon to ex already has a mistress."

After that exchange, we only talked about ourselves. The one joke we laughed at, was me finally being old enough to drink. Since she was nearly three years older than me, she always would kid me about age, even though it didn't bother either of us.

As dinner was ending, she very quietly asked if I wanted to come back to her place.

"Only if you are 100% positive," I replied.

"I think I've been positive since I first met you, back in school. I want you to know, I saw a gorgeous man, not a gorgeous black man."

Off we went, with me not knowing what this might turn out to be. At least I was fairly certain she was not like her father, or his business partner.

Getting inside her place, we barely took off our coats, when she took my face in her hands and gave me a very slow, sensual kiss. I put my arms around her, holding her close. and returned her kiss. Several times.

Just looking into each others eyes, she quietly told me she had wanted to do that for several years. Grinning, we started moving towards what I figured was her master bedroom.

Lifting her blouse over her head, and kissing each shoulder, I reached behind her and unhooked her lacy bra. Just looking at her very pert breasts, made my blood run a bit hotter. She pulled my shirt off, without bothering to unbutton it, and started on my jeans.

As she pushed my pants downward, taking my briefs with them, I unbuttoned her skirt, and started pushing her very tiny thong down over her rounded behind.

Just standing in the middle of her room, kissing, I gently took her in my arms and placed her on her bed, laying right next to her. We both were silent, but breathing a bit deeper. She whispered in my ear that condoms weren't necessary, if I didn't want to use one.

I gave her a look, between kisses that silently asked if she was positive, and she just shook her head, yes, and while nibbling my ear, said neither of us is ready for kids.

As I started paying more attention to her very hard nipples, her hand moved down my body to my growing sex. I moved one hand down her body and found her more than ready sex, already soaking wet. With one finger finding her hidden gem, I moved downward, kissing my way to where my hand was exploring.

When my tongue replaced my finger, her moans turned into short screams, and very heavy breathing. My growing cock more than filled her mouth, as her head moved up and down, taking in well over half of my thick 7 plus inches. With one hand cupping my balls, softly, I started shaking, with several streams of cum filling her mouth to over flowing, letting it dribble onto a handful of tissues.

As her body stopped shaking, we both rolled onto our backs, panting. She moved her body right next to mine, placing her face on my shoulder and mouthed, fantastic!

Just having Val in my arms kept my heart rate high. It also kept my cock at better than half mast.

Seeing this, she started rubbing me back to full strength. As we started again, I moved her onto her knees, with her head on a pillow, and moved behind her. Rubbing my sex up and down her already swollen lips, I slowly entered her sacred spot. In and out, with my hands holding onto her shoulders. Moving both hands under her body, I found each nipple already rock hard.

As we built up steam, I quickly learned that Val was a world class moaner, almost to the point of shocking the neighbors. I was hoping the walls were solid enough to deaden some of the noise.

As we both exploded, all we could hear was our heavy breathing. Hugging, we took turns cleaning up, and dropped back into bed, naked.

It didn't take very long for both of us to be sound asleep. The few times I woke up, it just felt good having a very nice soft body laying against my side.

When we both finally woke up, I was on my side looking into her eyes.

"Do you regret anything we did, last night?"

"Not a thing. You?"

Kissing her lips, very softly, I just shook my head, no.

"You know we have a lot to talk about, especially me finishing school, and getting started in medicine, don't you?"

"Yes, and just after I get that beautiful cock working again, we'll start."

With that, she leaned over, running her tongue all around the head of my growing cock. God, her mouth felt good on my cock. I moved her body, placing her sex right onto my tongue. Licking up and down her already wet slit, our moans started again.

Moving off my cock, she repositioned herself on top of me, and slowly started moving up and down. The faster she moved, the more her boobs started swaying right over my face.

I just couldn't get enough of her very soft, sexy body. Falling onto my body, we both moved to clean up our collective mess.

After a very sensual shower, we both needed a nice breakfast, and started talking.

"Ron, I want to ask you something, and please let me finish, before you answer. I know you have told me you have several scholarships helping with the cost of Med School, but I also know how expensive it is."

I started to say something, but she put her finger to my mouth and asked me to let her finish.

"I have a good idea that we just might, someday, get married, so let me say my peace. OK?"

I just nodded.

"Right now, my mom is more in favor of 'us' than dad is, but he's coming around. What I want to propose is me helping to pay off your student debt, OK?"

"Are you saying with your teacher's pay?"

"No, with my trust fund money, which is safely being invested, until I, or we, should need it."

"Before I answer all of this, I think we both need to sit down with my parents, so we can tell them what you are offering, along with the fact that we might be talking marriage."

"That's a deal. Can I say that I think I've wanted this from about the second or third time we ever met?"

We just sat at her kitchen table, holding hands and grinning like two love sick puppies.

Two nights later, we went to my parents house, and Val repeated her offer, and just happened to mention the marriage possibility.

Both my parents asked, together about what her parents thought of us being together. She told them both, the same thing she told me. Mom was more OK than dad, but he was coming around to us.

"I hope you know that we really appreciate your offer, and hope you are doing this for the right reason," mom said, with dad nodding in agreement.

"To he honest, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, I'm doing it for the best reason possible. I truly love your son."

With that, we all needed to take a breath, and realize that my final two years of school just became easier to manage. Now, all we had to do is debate how long before we would get married.

All four of us agreed; to be determined.

The following weekend, we went to break all this to her parents. I knew in my mind, this wasn't going to be as easy as with my parents.

Seeing the house Val grew up in left me speechless. Just looking at it made my chin drop. Somewhere around 6,000 square feet, with perfect grounds, and a view to die for.

Greeting her parents, Henry and Helen, they actually made me feel comfortable. When Val got through telling them about us really thinking about marriage, they both asked if we were waiting until I finished school.

"We were thinking of next summer, just before my final year. I've already been told I will be guaranteed a internship at both hospitals under the U of W banner, so moving away wasn't on the table."

What came out of their mouths sort of surprised me. They asked when they could meet my parents.

"I want you to know, Ronald, that I truly felt sorry for your dad when he tore up his knee. He was something special to watch, on the field."

"Yes, I have seen some film clips, but he has done so well teaching, and helping to coach his school's team, he honestly doesn't miss it, anymore."

It took a few more weeks to get both sets of parents together. Our first meeting went better than I would have ever expected.

We did actually start planning our wedding, for the following summer. Both of us, being only children, started thinking of bridal parties. I did ask Val if she was going to ask Frannie to be in her party. All she said was a definite maybe.

My third year of school, kept me as busy as I ever could have imagined. We did make enough time to keep our love life very much alive.

We did decide to make her condo our home, helping to keep our costs down.

Our wedding plans were moving right along, when one night, after a very long 36 hour shift, working in the ER, Val looks right into my eyes and asks, "how long do we have to wait to start a family?"

Grinning back at her, I suggested to wait until I finish school and my residency. Agreeing, we just kept up our great practice routine.

Just a few weeks before my final year of med school, we finally got married. To our surprise, when Val asked her long time friend, Frannie to be in our wedding, she refused, without giving her any reason. We knew right away, that it was her inherent racism. Her loss.

Our wedding was fabulous, with us keeping her parents from going too far over the top. With Valerie being an only daughter, and only child, they did put on quite a spread.

About three weeks after our wedding, Val got a really shitty call from Francine asking why she wasn't invited. When Val reminded her about being asked to be in the bridal group, and her answer, that finally settled the point.

My last year of medical school was so very intense, it took all my skill to keep focused. But I knew what I needed to do, because with my residency assured in Seattle, we did start to think about starting a family.

Starting my residency, we seriously kept practicing starting a family. Both of us talked with our parents, together, and they cautiously told us they agreed.

I also made the suggestion to my dad, after watching him limp my entire life, to have a total knee replacement. After consulting several noted Doctors in our hospital, he finally agreed, making it possible to enjoy any and all grandchildren we would present him with.

Halfway through my internship, I learned that not only was I offered a residency at the same hospitals, but we were going to have our first child.

We were both over the moon, happy. This would be the first grandchild on both sides.

At the four month mark, we learned we were going to have a daughter. Everyone, again, was over the moon.

In all our family discussions, my grandmother, Susan, who raised my dad all by herself, was the overwhelming choice for her name.

We did decided that Val's grandmother, Ann, would be her middle name.

All we had to do us wait. As soon as we found out our family was growing, we found a house to buy. Nothing fancy, but a fairly large, older house that needed some TLC that my dad offered to help with.

As the time for our daughter to make her appearance approached, I was the more nervous one. As we went into the delivery room, the entire team looked me in the eyes and told me I was just a spectator, and to leave the delivery to them.

After what seemed like an eternity, which was just over an hour, Susan Ann let us know how happy she was to join our family. Just over 8 pounds, with the most beautiful brown eyes and hair, and my wife's little grin.

Both sets of grandparents were waiting to meet their granddaughter, and couldn't get enough of her, being wheeled out in mommy's arms. Just watching all of them hugging, made us both very happy.

My wife did let me know, before I finally went home, that I wasn't going to touch her for at least six months. She said this with a very sly grin.

With her birth just after noon, she stayed the night, and we got to home the next morning.

We both knew our lives were forever changed. For the better.

Just finishing my second year residency, we found out our family was expanding, again. Susan was going to be a big sister. Another girl was on the way.

Just under seven months later, Regina came into our lives. We couldn't think if a better way to honor my dad, my true hero, than naming our newest addition after him. She looked so much like Susan, we knew when they got older, people might think they were twins.

12