Agent in Training

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jasmine glanced my way briefly even though she couldn't see me through the one-way glass. Her exotic featured face reflected the reality of how impressed she was with the woman across from her.

"Thank you Sonia. I do believe you've answered most of my questions. I have just one more. Are you prepared to kill someone should it become necessary?"

Sonia's gaze didn't falter or her words either, "Some people need killing. I do not want to kill, but I will in order to save the lives of those worth saving."

"And how do you determine who's worth saving?"

"Those who still have a soul, I think, is my answer, but to be truthful I am not sure. I would go with what my heart says to do, because what one thinks is right might not be so. I have found evil in the hearts of people to ever be deceptively clever. It is a game for some how well they can hide it. Even you, for example. It is why because of the likewise perceptiveness of some that you are on this side of the glass and not on the other side. I definitely wish to work with such people, whose perception is such to know that you do not belong in an organization such as this Agency and so you are kept at arm's length doing inter-views such as this one."

Jasmine's face had descended into complete apathy and I recognized the reality of someone trying their best to hide the reality of the truth being spoken out loud. The truth was what it was though, and once spoken there was no going back.

Jasmine knew this and with calculation I saw her take in the door beyond Sonia. Her hand moved for a knife I knew she kept tucked up her sleeve, but that is as far as she got as with a shattering of glass my two bullets put a permanent end to the beating of her heart.

The knife slipped from Jasmine's fingers and she soon followed it to the floor all the while her gaze not leaving Sonia's, who in true typical Russian fashion had remained seated the entire time. She'd made no move to defend her-self, because she'd known I was there.

A big hand patted the back of my shoulder and coming unglued I slipped my gun back into place as Evan John-son's deep voice said, "God picked out a good one for you Rorian."

Leaning forward to speak through the shattered glass window Evan said, "Mrs. Marlowe, by all means come in."

Sonia stood up and left the room and in the passage of another minute was by my side standing alongside a directors' table full of agents who were all gazing upon the two of us. These men and women were the controlling force behind the Agency, of which only half were in actual attendance, the other half being holograms.

Evan sat down at the head of the table. At 56 years old, he was one of the youngest board directors ever, and in my opinion one of the best.

Smiling, he said, "Please Sonia do not look so stressed. We knew about Jasmine, and had plans for her, but...... today's events are answer enough to the reality of know-ing exactly what to do with her."

Sonia started, "I'm sorry if I've messed anything up. It's just that I......"

"Believe in being honest." Stated an elderly woman in continuation of what Sonia had been about to say.

Sonia nodded matter-of-factly and the old woman smiled mysteriously.

Warmly Evan said, "Welcome to the Agency, Sonia. You will find that honesty is the rule of the day in this alliance of men and women against the evils of the great deceiver. Honesty is truly hard to come by these days and it is good to see it alive and bright in someone as young and," Evans smiling gaze flicked to me, "beautiful as you."

He gestured to a doorway at the far end of the room and said, "Karen, my secretary, will get you started right in with knowing all there is to know about being one of our agents as well as arranging classes for you. Alas physical contact classes will have to be put on hold for the moment as I do believe, unless my powers of perception are off, that you are pregnant."

Both Sonia and I flushed beet red and sharing a quick sideways glance at Sonia I said, "You will find that very little escapes by Evan. The man has a gift or a......."

"Curse?" Evan intoned deeply before laughing along with many of the others.

Recovering from his mirth he looked with tenderness at Sonia and said, "Do not be embarrassed. It is a good thing to be as you are. A very good thing. You will find that in our Agency that while lives are often lost and taken as the case may be we as a whole value the sanctity of life. We place no strictures on our agents from marrying or having children so rest easy, for there is still much that you can do as an agent while you work at what is most important and that is to bring another precious innocent life into this world and nurture it with care in the way it should go. If there were only more parents that were as good as I know both of you will be in this world, it would be such a better place and the issues that we are faced with would be so much less than what they are. In short Sonia think of us as family. I tell you truly Sonia there is not anything that we won't do to protect you or your child."

I watched as Sonia glanced around the table to read the truth in the gazes of all those gathered. Feeling oddly touched at heart too, I listened to Sonia emotionally say, "Thank you."

She started moving on to the door indicated and I began to follow.

Martha Sonvala, the old woman who had spoken up previously, cleared her throat and addressing Evan said, "My dear director the time has come for me to depart and focus on tending to my orchids and more importantly my great-grandchildren with however little or much time there is left for me to do so. As always I am available for consultation by any who wish to seek it of me and God grant me the ability to help if at all possible."

The holographic image of her stood up from the table and from the look on Evans's face as well as many the others at the table it would seem Martha's resignation had been expected. I was sorry to see her go.

She to me had always been a force of quiet grace even in the worst of storms that I had experienced in my seven years with the Agency. Her wise gaze left the others gathered at the table and came to mine and silently I stopped walking and bowed to her with all the due respect and reverence I felt that was due to her.

I turned to catch up with Sonia, but Martha's voice grabbed me, "Rorian, dear."

I glanced to her and her aged fingers tapped the chair already pushed into the table. I glanced from the chair to her with alarm.

Smiling as she took in my surprise, she said, "I'd like to say that I've kept it warm for you, but alas......" She waved her holographically displayed fingers through the back of the chair as witness to the fact of not actually being present in the room.

Stuttering slightly and hating it intensely, I said as I glanced from Evan to her, "But... but I am a...... a field agent?"

Martha spoke, "Oh, you are that dear boy, to be sure! Don't worry, no one is taking that away from you. Board members can be both and right now this board needs you."

In consternation about what was being asked of me, I blurted out, "But I'm the most dark hearted one of you! Pick someone else!"

Martha's gaze was locked on mine and with the graceful strength I had always admired about her, she challengingly said, "Dark hearted are you, aye so it was said of me once. Then one day God gave me a good man and in the process of time He gave me the supreme privilege to bear seven lives into this world. Truly Rorian your heart is not as dark as you think it to be. You're very conviction of the fear of it being so is living proof of what I have just said. This chair has been yours for over a year, I was simply waiting for the right moment and now is that moment. This is your chair and I want you to bring all the fire and passion that is you to this position which, while coveted by many in this Agency is one spurned by you, which in a way makes you perfect for the job. Becoming a father soon will help you Rorian. It's time for you to advance and be recognized for all the hard work that you have been putting in over the years. You and I will talk further, but for now take the chair. You've more than earned it and in my eyes your entirely worthy of it."

"She speaks for me too Rorian." Evan intoned only to be followed by everyone quietly seconding the motion.

My gaze came back to Martha. Silently I asked, 'Why?'

And just as silently as if seeming to be able to speak in-to my mind, I felt Martha say, 'Because you were born for it.'

In disbelief, I gazed at her, but with one last smile to the table at large she was gone from view. Shaking I stayed where I was as if rooted in the carpet.

Then, with surprise my gaze landed upon Sonia as she stepped up to Martha's chair. She pulled it back from the table and then meeting my gaze she gave an indication with a nod of her head to the place at the table.

Not wanting to disappoint her and show her how much of a coward I was I walked around Evan's chair and reaching the far side of the table I sat down.

My legs felt wooden as I helped Sonia scoot the chair into the table. Her hands fell briefly to squeeze at my tensed shoulders.

She said nothing, but with a soft kiss to my ear, she headed away to where Karen waited for her in the other room. Somehow that one brief kiss of endearment had relaxed me enough to be able to bring myself to look up from the oaken texture of the table before me that had once been part of a 16th century pirate galley.

I surely did not belong here, but I was here just the same. Smiling Evan looked away down the table and gradually the smile faded as with resignation, he asked the table at large, "I know the world is brimming with problems these days and so beside those projects already underway, but being mindful of them, does anyone have anything that they would like to add to the list of priorities that we're faced with in the uncertain times that we're living in?"

There was a moment of silence and then a scholarly voice spoke, "I have one."

Evan nodded and asked, "What is it Salif?"

The Indian lifted his gaze from the table from where his fingers had been twisting his pen about in a circle, "Listening to Rorian's wife speak reminded me of a deep shame I have. A deep shame I have about my country. India has many problems, but perhaps the greatest is how its youth are being exploited for human trafficking. I know it is not a localized problem, in actuality it has be-come a worldwide epidemic, but India ranks number one in the world in terms of human trafficking. Every eight minutes a child is abducted in India. Less than one third are ever recovered or heard from again. My countrymen have not done what is right for such staggering numbers to exist in the second most populous country in the world. I will be rededicating myself to the searching out and destroying of this cancer within my own country, indeed the world, as it is a problem everywhere one looks. I welcome support from this Agency into helping me achieve the maximum in terms of positive results knowing that even just a reduction in children being stolen from their families is a victory worth striving for. If granted I would like top-level priority for this project along with Agency funding."

Evan was nodding even as all those at the table were giving their approval for Agency assets to be used.

Another member of the board, a native of Pakistan, but one who was a Christian by faith stretched his hand across the table to grasp Salif's, "Salif you have my full support and I will dedicate all the field agents at my disposal to this endeavor right alongside of yours."

Salif nodded emotionally and squeezed the other board members hand back in return. There were no ethnic or racial divides in this Agency and the current moment proved it.

The Pakistani, Eruf Khan, glanced down the table to Evan, "Who will be the agent in charge of ground operations?"

Evan's gaze drifted to me as he said, "Why the one with the most recent experience of the realities of what is emotionally involved with the situation I should think. Such a mission requires an attachment of emotion in terms of the ability to empathize with the situation to see that everything that needs doing is done. Rorian will head up ground-based operations and will report to Salif and Eruf respectfully in regards to any major decisions, while both of you will surrender your agents to his control of the operation. Everyone in agreement?"

It was unanimous across the table and soon everyone was leaving, until it was only Evan and I left in the room. There were things I wanted to say, but I felt locked away from speaking.

Evan remained broodingly silent as if he too was re-straining himself from speaking. Eventually he got up and with a pat to my shoulder, he said, "Sonia should be all caught up by now. Go collect her and continue your honeymoon for the next two weeks, while I get things set up in India. Stay in town so Sonia can attend her classes. I have a suite for you two at the Emirate Grand Hotel. They're already expecting you."

I looked up and meeting Evan's gaze I asked, "Is there anything you don't already know or have a plan for? An unexpected regret of any kind?"

Evan's gaze remained contemplative as he said, "A great deal actually, but choosing you to head up this operation isn't one of them. You truly are the best agent for the position. You may not believe me, but there is at least one other that does and ahhh..... here she is."

Sonia came back into the room and taking her hand Evan stooped down to kiss it as a gentleman of old would have done. Letting go he indicated me and said, "Consider your first assignment to relax your husband. I assure you it is no easy task in doing so, but one you are uniquely qualified to do."

Evan left then and then Sonia was pulling at my hand and dazedly I followed her. The entire trip to the hotel went by in a blur.

The only relief I had was when the door of the pent-house suite was closed and locked behind me. Bitter anger rose up in me.

What fools they all were to think I was ready for some-thing like this!

Tapping my forehead against the door, I began to mutter out all of my reservations about everything, even as I fought the urge to sink my hand deeply into the drywall nearby. Suddenly it occurred to me as if from a long way away that I was not alone in life anymore.

Completely embarrassed at what must appear as insanity, I turned from the door that I had been plotting destruction against and looked around for Sonia. She was no-where to be seen.

I looked down as something laying on the floor caught my gaze. It was a hand written note.

Stooping down I picked it up and read it, 'When you're ready you will find me in the shower.'

Helplessly I let the note fall to the floor. Wiping at the sweat on my forehead, I fought a struggle against comfort for only a moment before my feet led me in the direction of running water.

Along the way the path was marked out by articles of her clothing. Reaching the bathroom I stepped into it feeling like I shouldn't be here.

I was too turbulent, to simply messed up. Helplessly I looked at Sonia with longing through the glass as she washed her hair clean.

Not able to help myself or force myself to go away, I stepped into the shower fully clothed. I didn't have words and she didn't speak any as she turned to me and began undoing my sodden tie.

My shirt followed along with the rest until I was left with only my raging erection that was all for her, but I was a man torn. Looking into my eyes as the warm water poured down, she reached up and tugged at my shoulders.

Emotions were rampant in me, but above all, I didn't want the beast I truly was to hurt her. Her hands kept tugging and with reluctance I fell to my knees.

I didn't want to touch her. I didn't want to lose control.

With that expressive gaze of hers, though she reached forward and grasping my head, she pressed it against the valley between her breasts and without a word said she just held me tightly in a hug that wouldn't let go even as the warm water poured down over both of us. My body began to shake and as it did her hands coasted all over me soothingly and as time went by I woke up to the reality of not being angry anymore.

Suddenly the touch of the water against my skin was gone. Her hand was tugging and numbly I followed after her.

Still wet from the shower she fell onto the bed and I was there with her in the next instance. Her lips were on mine and instead of raping her with the force of my former emotions I gently eased my shaft into her and then back out until at long last I came.

Not able to bring myself to move that is where I stayed even as I fell asleep with her arms holding me tightly to her. Later I woke up, only to feel that she was now the one laying on top.

Lifting her head as she was roused from sleep as some sense alerted her to the fact that I had woken she began kissing me and then her thighs were splitting apart and she was pressing down on to me. She made love to me in the same soft slow way as I had to her earlier and for what seemed like hours we drank in each other's breath as she glided up and down slowly upon me.

Eventually we both came and as she lay spent of all energy on top of me it was I that held her. We were going to be okay.

I was going to be okay. God knew what He was doing to be sure in order to have put this woman in my life. Things would be okay.

CHAPTER EIGHT

Respect

Three Months Later - Location: Mumbai, India

I was quickly finding out that most things in Mumbai, India were for sale that is if the right leverage was used. One of the items for sale was loyalty, if one could call loyalty to be had at a price that.

In short, the biggest dog in the ring got the meat, always though there were the underdogs whose backstabbing thrusts were only to be expected given the swiftness of the takeover within the realm of human trafficking that had occurred.

Dark sunglasses in place I stopped at a street corner and waited for an open air three wheeled taxi to swing over. One did break out of the flow of traffic promptly and as it came into the curb I swung into the backseat and the taxi was off again without so much of a break in transition.

The nice thing about India was that most people under-stood at least some English, while some were more fluent than most Americans. Even with that said I was still working hard at learning Hindi.

After all, if I was going to be the top of the food chain of human child traffickers in the country the most notorious for it in the world I had at least better learn the language. The plan that the Agency had settled on was simple and had come by way of Sonia's suggestion.

Instead of camping out with surveillance and putting the crackdown on individual operations that would only go towards making the other higher-end operations go to ground and weather out the storm we were instead going for an open approach as the newest and the biggest buyer in town. Acting like one of them and better yet interacting with them gave us an amazing catalyst for discovering the entirety of their operations.

We needed no excuse to spy on the opposition that hated us and the lower echelon leeches were only too glad to inform us of everything going on within their spheres of influences in exchange for the higher buying prices we offered. In a way we were acting like a global conglomerate recently come to India with an objective of running everyone else out of business who didn't agree to work with us and use us as their go-between to the world market beyond India's shores.

Gaining such a monopoly was not popular at all within this dark world of operations that rarely saw the light of day. Even having the opposition to our takeover of the industry at our throats was in its own way a benefit as it gave us the legitimate excuse to defend ourselves and take down those who didn't want to play ball.

1...345678