Air To Air

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigthrow
bigthrow
109 Followers

"I'm not smirking."

"You are. I can feel it."

He gave her ass a soft slap and that pulled her deeper into the sensation, everything warm and glowing and sparking in a thunderstorm of turbulent winds. Close, so close to the sky cracking open and shattering with a deafening lightning bolt.

And then he stopped. Like an absolute bastard.

"I hate you so much," she groaned. Empty, she was hollow empty with cold barren fields. She was shivering, despite the shower. He chuckled and that laugh made her melt. Rolling thunder and low enough to only be heard by the deepest abyss.

She rolled her stomach, pushing the hard lines of her abs up his shaft, only to drop down again. He hissed as the sensation hit him. And now the smirk transferred with no lingering threads. It was a flittering thing with no real home. It came and went with no real attachment. Teresa liked it when it was on her face, taking up her lips. It made the kisses take odd shapes, gave the tongue new places to explore.

With her body, she made him numb. Her turn to take him dancing down and moving and shifting without cause. Up and down against the heartbeat clench yearning in the core for him. Up and down against the sudden moves he made with no real regard for the end goal. Tumbling down, only to be lifted up and slammed in other each, held aloft by updrafts and turbulence, gliding along the clouds with the ice crystals numbing him until the bland warm suffused him entirely.

He held her tight. She held him tight. His arousal trickled down the lines in her stomach, while hers pooled in deep lakes in his lap. It would be so easy to simply fall over that line, do what they screamed they should do. They did not. Simple motions, soft motions, adjacent to the act, but not quite on the cusp. She kissed his clenched jaw.

And she stopped.

Walter huffed and sighed and regained what composure he could find. That was the game. That was the thing they said they wanted to do and while waiting and wallowing under the shower. It was what he wanted and he shivered under the touch. It was what he wanted and the smile Teresa gave him was worth it. Even as he pulled back and slipped away from her. It was terrible, the twitches and pulses he still had under the aftereffects. She kissed his neck, letting the build up slowly whimper out and away, flowing down the water. She still wanted it, completely divorced from any time restraining them.

Walter sighed and put his head against the tile, stating straight into the stream, letting the drops land on his eye lids. Better. He was doing better. Not great, but not bad. Better. He was wet and smelled good with a wonderful body pressing into him. He kissed her forehead. She kept pushing when he broke away, just to let the contact linger for a second more.

"Ready," he asked. He was. His feet were outside the spray and they were getting cold. The tile felt good for a moment, but it was doing a fine job of combatting anything good he felt. And they were probably racking up the water bill. The outfit could foot it. But they would make such a fuss.

Teresa hummed a bit and tilted her head. It was a bit harder for her. She was still warming up, a little weak in the limbs. But there was food. Charles pulled out his malt stash and that was something to attend. She still had that bottle of red, but only for her and Walter.

"Fine," she sighed, "I don't know why we decided to play that game, cause now I'm really frustrated and stupid horny thinking is going to keep me up tonight."

"And you're hungry?"

"Always. Come on. There's garlic bread."

She used him to climb up and get her feet under him. He was close to some very interesting things that he felt obligated to dive into. Not now. And she made sure that he was nice and close to what he wanted to see. He nipped her thigh and that was something close to dangerous. It was very easy for her to slip and fall and suddenly the game doesn't have to end. She was aligned for it.

But she helped hm up, letting him climb and get close once more. They met at the top, reaching for the faucet and it was all silent, except for the lingering drips. Walter shivered and Teresa held him to keep him warm. One last kiss, one last embrace and they were letting it all flow down the drain with suds.

---

"Ok, everybody got their coffee? Donuts? Morning yoga out of the way? Alright good, because this is kind of a big deal. Not quite in our playbook, but the brass really wants this done. "

"You mean this one will actually be hard, Connie."

"No, it'll be important, Cha-Cha. Escorting a VIP. Big wig, diplomat type over the line for the peace talk. The Peace Talk."

"Oh."

"Yeah. So, odd position where we do this right, we're out of a job. But, personally, I think it's a good deal. We do a fly by, get the logo out there, make bank, everyone heads to a beach and grows fat. Spends every day drunk. I like this plan and I'm happy to be a part of it."

"Doesn't sound that different. We've done escorts. Mostly seek and destroy, but still. We can do this."

"You'll be flying, Tango."

"Oh."

"Yeah. So, we're going up to Baroque 4 on this. Waltz, Tango, you're on Longswords, same as the others. The Claymore is going through some upgrades anyway."

"The cupholders?"

"No, not the cupholders, Waltz. Rudders, ailerons, and replacing brake pads. Nothing crazy, just some minor things to help it out."

"Just leave my stickers alone. They're special."

"I'll let the boys know, Tango. Anyway, route. We're going over the Nascent Lake. Too far north for any real entrenched border, and recon shows minimal ground security from either side. That said, expect other birds. Lot of people want this to go on just a bit longer, squeeze more blood from the stone. I don't know about you, but I'm kind of done. I have some novel ideas I want to write."

"They're going to be terrible."

"Shut up Cha-Cha. Have you ever even read a book? I don't think you have. Anyway, Tango, Waltz, questions? This is the weird one from you."

"Honestly, little nervous. If this is as big a deal as you say it is, I think we go with what we're used to. Do this on our best day type deal. And my best day is when Tango's behind me."

"I'm with him. It's been bit since I've been in the pit. Again, best day. I'm best when I'm behind Waltz."

"I made that case. I really did. And some of the brass agreed. But they ran the numbers. And I agree with the numbers. So that's what we're running. We got some time, so we can run some test flights, get the rust off. For all of you."

"I'm down," said Haka.

"Of course, you are. Any more objections? This is a big one. Waltz, Tango, I'm here if you need a hug."

"I might take that up," said Waltz, "Just feels weird. Not even in the damn thing and I can feel the gap. Already getting some jitters."

"Oh, please. You fall asleep in the pit and you'll still manage to get down at least 3. You'll be fine. We could put a teddy bear with you, if that helps."

"It might, man. It actually might."

"I'll slap a picture of her on it too, so you can make out with it."

"You're just making it sound better."

"I'll even wash it with that soap I use."

"Focus. Waltz, your attachment disorder can wait for the psych eval. Base is still prepping so do your whole pregame. Waltz, Tango, get some alone time. Full route and specs will be uploaded to you soon. Dismissed."

---

Waltz did not like flying alone. Cold, it was cold up there in the clouds, even with the sun so bright. There was nothing to hit his back with loving thumps. There was only the soft rumble of the engines and the g's pushing him every which way.

"See," Conductor said, "You're doing great. Maybe. Did you pass out?"

"Nah. Still seeing," he said.

"You're a freak, dude. You should be blacked out by now. Or whiplashed. Or neck broken. I don't know how many rolls that was."

"I don't either. Tango, were you counting?"

"No, I'm having fun just going in circles," she said, "I might do a loop later. Will you watch?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

The lights were green and everything was square and level as he came out. His brain found its way back to his skull, his stomach back to his belly. Everything still put together in just the right way as it should be. His hand twitched. It wanted to give a sign to the nonexistent seat behind him. The Longswords were lighter than he was used to, a little bit more float to the turns. It would take some getting used to. Stick had a bit of a dead zone too. Something else to bring up to the techs when they got around to it.

He saw Tango slip by him as he slowed down, got his breath, got his bearings. She looked good, natural, easy slipping up into a holding pattern for a moment. She rose again and dropped with a wonderful circle trialing after her. He smiled. Beautiful, simply beautiful

"Textbook, Tango," he said. He could feel her smile come through the clouds.

"Of course, I am," she said and he could hear it. He didn't need any thought to see it. It was there, hidden under the helmet.

"Now you do one."

And he did, just like that. Pulled up and over and back down to something level, letting everything come down to the start once again. He was flying, alone and cold, but he was still flying.

"I don't think that was textbook," Tango said.

"Comic book?"

"I don't read those. I also didn't read textbooks. But sure. Comic book loop. If that's a good thing to be."

"I guess. I don't know. Conductor, is comic book good?"

"No clue. But you both are doing fine. Little robotic on your end, Tango, but that's fine. Just keep going, keep scraping it off."

"It does feel good to fly again. It's just different. How are you doing, Waltz?"

"Still getting used to it. Been a long, long time. Break used to be there before you."

"Anyone I need to worry about?"

"Considering he's a) retired and b) married, then you're fine. Good guy. Went north, got a cabin, haven't heard from him a while."

"Yay. All mine."

"Guys, open channel. Whole tower can hear you," Conductor said, "I'm not saying no flirting. But I figured would want to know."

"So, Waltz, want to do that roleplay thing we talked about?"

"The superhero one or the bodice ripper one?"

"And stopping both of you. I don't want to hear that. As the closest thing to a guardian you two have, I'd say another 30 up there. Go through some formations, maneuvers, get used to the distance."

"I promise, sir, I'll have him back by 11," said Tango.

"Yeah, dad. I put on my makeup just for this."

"I hate you both. And I love working with you. My Lord, I hope this war ends so you two don't have to do this anymore. Go have kids and start a bakery or something. Maybe a diner."

They had their silence back and now it was just them, nestled in the clouds above the river. The base was long gone, forgotten past a horizon and half. Conductor did have some insight. Formations were good, real airshow stuff that needed color smoke. Tango had to get used to pushing the boundaries without actually breaking them. Waltz had to keep the wall up so that they could keep moving together. Their wings almost touched. Waltz waved and Tango waved back. He gave a thumbs up and she made a wolf with her hand.

It was still lonely. Two husks of metal and glass kept them from each other. They were close, more or less a room away, but it wasn't close enough. Not enough to feel her palm in his. Just the static hiss that filtered her voice just a bit more. He wanted that teddy bear. It would really make him feel better. A little bit of shame in the fact that he was a grown man, but Tango still used stickers to mark her territory.

He broke away. The cockpit was too small. It needed more space. He needed more space. He wouldn't get it flying safe and level. Tango followed him, matching the movements he pulled, keeping the pace wonderfully. He was keeping it simple, keeping the motions smooth and the g's low. She kept up well. Pushing, she was pushing him, watching the motion creep harder and harder. She could keep up with him when she was in the back. She could keep up with him a room and bit over.

And that's all it was. A follow and a lead, that's all it was, the thought crossing gaps and letting her fill in the blanks of their shared habits. It was simple, so simple. He went left and she went left. She went right and he went right. Both went up, both went down, both rolled and spun until their shared mind was dizzy and euphoric. All theirs, it was all theirs, horizon to horizon, up to the stars and down to the green forest below them. Alone in the world and now there were even more walls between them.

He nudged the craft in a lazy circle. It was all done. The gap was still behind him and it would never go away. But the eyes he had grown in the back of his head did a good enough job. Tango was more or less rust free. Still a little stiff at the edges, but that might have just been her. Everything came from the thinking mind, not the raw instinct and pull. It was what the instinct gave her. He couldn't ask. She was too far away. The nose was the other way now, everything turned around back home. Tango didn't complain. He didn't complain. They would be close again soon enough.

---

"Baroque Squadron, sign off."

"Baroque One, Waltz. All green."

"Baroque Two, Cha-Cha. All green."

"Baroque Three, Haka. All green."

"Baroque Four, Tango. All green."

"And a cookie to who can give me the VIP's callsign."

"Swan Song?"

"Ooh, sorry Tango. Sort of close, but not really."

"Requiem."

"Good job, Cha-Cha."

"Better not be one of those raisin ones."

"Listen. Cookies are bad for you, but I am trying to make them better for you. But it will be waiting and warm for when you get back."

"Can I have one?"

"Sorry Haka. You didn't buzz in on time."

"Who makes one cookie? You make a batch and that's at least like 12."

"I'll make a whole batch, but only Cha-Cha gets one. I'll give the rest to whoever gets the most downs. Focus up. You're about 10 minutes away from the border. We have some blips coming towards you, and they're refusing any hails. So, start unlocking. VIP knows it's going to get bumpy."

"Feeling good, Waltz?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I am. I'm looking at you right now, Tango."

"Wait did you really go with the bear thing?"

"No, there's just a picture of me. I snuck it into his seat."

"It's wedged above my altimeter. It's very tasteful."

"I can assure you, he is lying. I broke out some very fun things."

"I said it was tasteful, not that it was clean."

"Can we see?"

"I'm sorry Haka. This is staying with me."

"I believe I said focus up. We've confirmed the unidentified. Bandits, through and through. Wait until we- Scratch that. Engage. We got missiles. Intercept and put 'em down."

"Waltz, going in hot."

Tango made a choked sound she didn't mean for the coms to pick up. No one said anything.

"Tango, picking up the stragglers."

"All missiles confirmed down. Well done."

"Waltz, you really do need me."

"Never said I didn't. I think, yep, that's them."

"All Baroque squad members. Free to engage. Keep the VIP safe and get back home. There will be cookies for everyone."

"If there the raisin ones, I don't want any."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"See? You were worried for nothing. Haka acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Haka acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Missed one Haka. Tango acquiring."

"Bandit down. Cha-Cha, you doing alright buddy? Come on. Keep up."

"I already got my reward for the day. I'm good. But if I have to, Cha-Cha acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Yay! You're doing so good. Proud of you."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Thank you, Waltz."

"You got another on you. Want me to get it?"

"Nah. I'm good. Watch me."

"Tango acquiring."

"Bandit down. See?"

"Yeah. Yeah. You did good. We're all good. Go us."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Of course. Of course, he makes ace again."

"Waltz, I have a lot of surprises waiting for you when you get back. That picture's the least of it."

"Don't get me distracted. You have another on you."

"I'm working on it."

"Tango, do you need me on him?"

"No. I got this."

"Haka acquiring."

"Bandit down. Got of some missiles."

"Cha-Cha moving to intercept."

"All missiles gone."

"Tango, I'm moving behind him. Hold steady. Hold steady. I'll get him."

"Holding steady. You've got one too. Scratch my back and all."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Miss. Waltz acquiring."

"Miss. Waltz acquiring."

"Waltz, don't be a pussy. I'll be fine. Open up."

"Miss. I'm hit. I'm hit. Still flying. Haka, Cha-Cha, got a sec?"

"Yeah, yeah. Haka, keep the rear tight."

"Will do. Give the lovers a hand."

"Waltz acquiring. Miss."

"I'll be fine, Waltz. Open up. I can take it."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down. I'm hit. Got one of the engines. Can't' really move. Cha-Cha, where are you buddy?"

"Working on it. There are a lot of these jackasses. Cha-Cha acquiring. Bandit down."

"VIP has flares out."

"Got the other engine. I'm gliding now."

"Tango acquiring."

"Miss. Tango acquiring."

"Miss. Who is this asshole? He got me too."

"Waltz, there are two of you. Sorry. Cha-Cha acquiring."

"Hit. Still flying."

"Chase him to me. I can get him."

"Cha-Cha on me. Here we go."

"Waltz acquiring."

"Bandit down."

"Fucking finally. Conductor, give my cookie to Waltz."

"Edge of my seat the entire time. You've all upgraded to cake, donuts, muffins. If you can fit in your cockpit next time, then I fucked up. Waltz, still flying?"

"Gliding technically. Not much use if we see anymore. Fuel situation's good. Give me a sec. Yeah, yeah. Should be able to at least get within a mile of the target. Just get me a ride in case I need to go for a field."

"You're in the clear. Friendlies in bound for reinforcements. Radar's clean. My Lord. Nobody scare me like that again. I don't have another one of those in me. Baroque Squadron, sign off."

"Baroque One, Waltz. Engines down, but still up."

"Baroque Two, Cha-Cha. Need some new paint, but all green."

"Baroque Three, Haka. All green."

"..."

"Baroque Four, respond."

"Baroque Four, Tango. Minor engine damage but flying. Waltz, I miss you."

"I miss you too. We'll be on the ground soon."

---

The blanket was soft. It was supposed to be. Teresa got it because it was soft. And then, when she put another one on top, then it was really warm. She could slip under both and never think about anything. She just was. She was warm and dry with the curtains drawn while the sun was still up. A lone streak of sunlight crept across the floor. It would slowly slip down into pure darkness soon enough. She couldn't wait. She might crawl and look to the stars and see if they were still there. They had to be. They were there last night, so they had to be there today. And she would be there tomorrow to see them light up. She better be. If she wasn't, then she would rather cross.

Teresa missed her pillow, the one that she had forever. Highschool, maybe. Definitely when she was shipped off. And it was there for when she was discharged. And then it was with her when she had the heels and the pencil skirt. And it was with her when she signed up again. But now, it was in Walter's room. She didn't think of that.

The thought of his name was something she didn't want to realize again. He was fine. He had his field landing and then they hitched a ride back. They sat together and held hands without a single word between them. They didn't need them. It was silence, pure silence and presence. It was his silence and her silence, melding into one ethereal quiet. Her heartbeat was still so fast. She didn't like it fast. It should be slow and calm. The adrenaline should be out of her system by now. She didn't like it in her. That was for Walter to deal with.

bigthrow
bigthrow
109 Followers