Alexandra of Africa

Story Info
A magic spell turns an old woman into a defender of the wild.
6.1k words
4.26
2.1k
3
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alexandra walked out of her small house leaned over the railing of her porch. She looked at the sun rising over the hills surrounding. She still rose every morning to watch the marvelous event that brought her warmth every day as she had done for most of the 70 years she had been on the Earth. Many of the women of her age could be found among the cities and country estates of the English countryside, but not Alexandra. Her home was here, on the edge of a African jungle, as it had been for 48 years, when she first arrived on the continent with her husband Donald, a missionary to the tribespeople who quickly shocked everyone by turning his profession to that of a defender of the wilderness and the animals that inhabited it. When they had left England all those years ago, Victoria sat on the throne as Queen and the British Empire was expanding across the globe. Now, Victoria was gone and the throne was held by her son for the second year of his reign. Alexandra's beloved Donald was gone as well too; she was forced to bury him in a clearing in the jungle they enjoyed walking to almost twenty years earlier after a sudden fever she herself barely survived took his life from him. She looked towards the directions he lay at rest every morning when she watched the sunrise. Since that day, she had been alone here and he was never far from her thoughts.

The main reason that Alexandra stayed in Africa all these years was to carry on her husband's legacy of defending the African wilderness. They had never had children; the wild was what they considered to be their true heir. Donald had always taken care of the jungle around their home and in his travels, repairing damage from both Mother Nature and man alike. He also would commit sabotage against poachers he encountered. During the years she spent alone, Alexandra had carried this on in the beginning, making it appear that Donald's anonymous deeds were still going on. As she grew into an old woman, however, she was forced to stop this as the effort was too much for her old body to handle. Her hair long gray and face lined with wrinkles showed the effects of this one-woman crusade for nature and losing her Donald forcing her to live here alone. Now, in her few remaining years, she simply managed to keep up the area around her home of many years. Even this was getting to be a chore, and every day poachers were rapidly approaching to take her land from her. She managed to fight them off yet, but she had no idea how long this would last.

Alexandra decided she would go out to check on a family of primates that lived just over the hills from her house. There had been efforts to destroy their habitat to build a large estate home for a local landowner. If she could not protect the entire region anymore, she could at least protect these innocent creatures. She dressed in the clothing she preferred to wear when she worked in the wild; a khaki safari shirt, khaki pants and brown lace-up boots. These were traditionally men's clothes but much more durable than the women's clothes of the era. She walked the short trail that led into the jungle and took the turn towards the primate's habitat. Looking at them from a distance as not to disturb them, she was pleased to see that everything there was in good order and it looked like the men hired to clear the area had not been around. Perhaps the project had fallen through. She went back to the trail and followed it into the clearing where her husband's grave was. She sat on the stump of a tree that had fallen and looked at the wooden cross she fashioned to mark where her beloved Donald lay. She often came here to meditate. As she sat quietly, she began to hear gunshots and smelled smoke. This was alarming; there should not be any other people for miles around. Worried, she decided to walk in the direction and investigate the source.

After a long hike, she arrived at a cliff she knew would provide a good vantage point overlooking the site she believed the noises were coming from. She looked down to see a large part of the grassland below on fire and several men firing rifles into the air. This did not make sense to Alexandra; the land was not of use to anyone and the men were just shooting at nothing. What purpose did this hold? She decided that she needed to get a better look. She walked carefully along the cliffside, but still learned nothing as to what their plan was. She was confused and looking around at the area behind her trying to think. Suddenly, she thought she saw a cloud of smoke coming from the direction of her home. She had not lit a fire in her stove and did not know the meaning, until the horror came over her that what she saw in the grassland was a distraction. She had to hurry to get back home and figure out the true plan.

Alexandra's tired legs worked hard as they carried her back. She went as fast back towards the place she had been living for nearly half a century. She decided it was not best to approach directly but to hide in the jungle within view of the house. She approached and took a position behind some trees before she looked around towards her home. A wave of sorrow overcame her as she saw the wooden structure was completely aflame! Men she recognized as local poachers stood near the burning structure with the implements for arson. She crouched out of sight, completely numb as she heard them talking aloud to one another.

"Any sign of the old woman?" she heard one of the men ask.

"No sir, Colonel. She must have been inside when we torched the place. Was not able to get out." was the reply.

"Excellent," the Colonel stated. "With her out of our way, no one is going to stop us from claiming this whole area for ourselves. So much money to be made here and no one to get in our way anymore."

The men waited an hour until the fire had reduced the structure to ash and left down trail on their way. Alexandra had concealed herself the entire time they were there, unable to move due to fear and her sadness. After they were long gone, she emerged from her hiding place and walked towards the ruins of her home. All her work, all those memories, everything she had was gone. Once more, she would be assumed dead since the scoundrels thought she had been in the house when they burned it down. She was too old to build again on her own; what was she going to do? As she was ready to collapse and sob, her thoughts returned to the family of primates she checked earlier. Those men left the scene of their crime headed in the direction of the habitat. Her fears for their safety were enough for her to forget about the loss of her home and run as fast as she could towards what she hoped would not be more heartbreak.

Her years caught up to Alexandra as she was near the primate's location. She had to sit down just a few yards away, otherwise she would collapse. As she caught her breath, she heard the voices of the men. They had gone there after all and would soon be doing unspeakable things to destroy those poor creatures. What could she, one old woman, do to protect them? There was no one else for miles, even if there was, she did not have the energy to seek help. She was ready to give up on everything and just lay down to die right there. Her sorrow was interrupted by the loud buzzing of an insect. She looked around for the source but could not see it. The culprit revealed its location when it bit Alexandra on her neck. She looked at the biter and did not recognize that particular insect. It looked somewhat like a mosquito, but the bright red and green colors it was did not seem familiar to her. It flew away from her and she sat there, annoyed by the burning of the bite's location.

Soon the bite stopped to burn her, but the burning did not go; it simply moved into her heart. Her heart felt like it was on fire as she struggled to her feet. She managed to stand up and the burning feeling radiated from her heart all through her insides. She felt the sensation move from her insides to her skin. Even her hair felt like it was on fire. She could not explain what was happening but it felt like her whole body was aflame. The sensation intensified second after second, but was soon replaced by a new feeling.

Alexandra stood there, feeling that her body was completely engulfed in imaginary flames. As she felt the burning, her body began to transform physically. It started in her feet as they began to grow tighter in her boots. The laces soon split apart as her feet burst through the tough leather the footwear was made from. She stepped out of them as she began to grow taller. Her pant legs started to move up her legs. They were full length when this started, now the hems almost came up to her knees! The muscles in her legs began to grow too. Her growing thighs soon caused the pant legs to split open at the seams. Still not able to be contained, her rapidly growing leg muscles caused the legs of her pants to rip right up the middle as well. She could feel her changing hips cause the buttons on her trousers pop off and go flying to allow them to fit on her. It also felt as if the seat of her pants burst open to accommodate her growing buttocks.

The upper half of her body soon caught up to the growth of her lower part. Her chest had begun to expand, causing the buttons of her shirt to fly off as a growing pair of breasts emerged. The muscles in her arms were growing and needed room to expand. Her biceps caused her shirt sleeves to tear open, completely exposing her arms. The flexing caused the shirt to split open from under her arms down to the tail of the shirt. Her growing back muscles caused the back of her top to rip wide open for accommodation. The muscles in her abdomen were defined now, as were the other muscles on her now powerful torso. Her breasts continued to expand as the burning feeling was still overtaking her body. She could feel the muscles in her neck also change as her face felt as if something was transforming with it. Her hair, previously tied back, fell down into its natural state. As the growing stopped, she felt as if the burning sensation concentrated itself into one location in a single massive flame that seemed to her to radiate up and out the top of her head. Catching her breath, she looked down to see exactly what had happened to her body.

Alexandra was taken aback by what she saw had happened to her. Her shirt was completely destroyed; the torn garment simply was sitting on top of her shoulders. Noticeable first was the massive pair of breasts that stuck out, larger than the biggest of watermelons she had ever seen in her entire life. Her nipples were dark brown and quite erect, but not too large for her breasts. She could not help herself as she grabbed at them, not being able to explain where they had come from. Her hands ran down onto her stomach. Her abdominal muscles were much larger and well defined than they had ever been, in fact the muscles in her torso all were now. She rubbed her hands over her now-bare arms. The muscles there were extremely large now. She flexed them and really saw how much bigger they were. Her hands began to run down her massive legs, now exposed through her pants with legs shredded like ribbons. They were huge, her muscles bulging as she bent down. She stood erect, not sure what had happened to her. Soon, however, she forgot about her change as she heard the noises of horror coming from the habitat of her beloved primates.

The feelings of sorrow over the loss of her home and confusion over what had just happened to her were immediately replaced by anger. She was mad at what these men were about to do to her innocent creatures. Now, she really felt the increased strength and energy that this transformation had given her and now she felt that she could actually do something about this situation. She took off running through the trees, faster than she had been able to run in all her years, even as a young woman. She ran down and crashed through the trees and into the clearing where the men who burned her house stood. As she jumped into the clearing, her tattered shirt flew from her shoulders and landed on the ground. The crashing sound she had made when she landed immediately got the attention of the group causing harm to the animals. They turned to quite a sight. There stood a woman that towered over all of them, displaying massive muscles and naked from the waist up. The only thing she wore was a pair of ill-fitting pants ripped apart. She did not say a word, just glared at them with anger and hate in her eyes. The men could not believe their eyes.

"Who is she?" one of them cried.

"Nevermind who she is, what is she?" another said.

"I have not a care who she is, take care of her," their leader the Colonel said. With those words, one of the men ran towards Alexandra attempting to grab her. With no effort, she grabbed him by his shirt and threw him far away, knocking one of the other men down as he landed against him. Seeing what had just happened, the remainder of the Colonel's men ran towards her, trying to take her on as a group to bring her down. This was a horrible mistake on their part, as Alexandra's new strength made defeating all of them no big deal. Her anger helped as she beat each man and caused them to crawl away in defeat, unable to take much more at the justice she was dealing them. The Colonel had enough and decided his course of action in defeating her.

"Let us see how well your strength can protect you against this," he exclaimed as he pulled out his revolver from its holster. He took aim as Alexandra simply stood staring him down. Surely, she thought, this was her end. She watched in horror as he pulled the trigger and the bullet flew towards her, certain to bring her down.

Except it did not do that. Alexandra felt the bullet hit against her massive chest and simply bounce off her. The Colonel was shocked but simply kept firing at her. Each time the bullet did not miss her, but instead of wounding her, they would simply bounce off, no matter where he fired at. Alexandra realized that her changed body was now bulletproof. With that, and the Colonel out of ammunition, she ran towards him as he stood frozen in fear of what was about to happen. She took the revolver from his hand and with her massive muscles simply crushed it in her hand, like one would crumple a cheap piece of paper.

With the weapon now useless, the Colonel regained his senses and started to run away, his men not far behind. Alexandra took off in chase of them, running almost as fast as them. Suddenly, she stopped in place and crouched down. Using her massive leg muscles, she jumped up into the air, flying up higher than any other person possibly could. She flew past the men, her shadow casted down over them. She landed and the earth shook under her massive form. She turned to face them and they simply changed directions to avoid her. To give them a real scare, Alexandra walked over to a massive boulder in the ground. With her new strength, she was able to grab both sides and lift it up over her head without breaking a sweat. She threw in the direction the men ran, landing almost in front of them. She had missed them on purpose. She did not want to kill them after all, just let them know what she was capable of. As they ran far from the area, she believed they would never return.

The threat of the dangerous men gone from the area, Alexandra took off deeper into the jungle, into areas not explored by humankind in a long time. Before leaving her known trail, she happened to pass a small tree that she knew stood exactly eight and a half feet tall. To her surprise, she found that the top of that tree was in fact just below the level of her eyes. She had to guess now her height stood somewhere around nine feet. She continued to walk through the jungle, still clad only in the shredded remains of her trousers. She thought as she traveled along. What had happened to her, what caused her body to change and how did she know how to use her newly acquired strength?

She soon knelt down beside a stream to drink from. As she took her drink, she glanced down and was shocked at what she saw in her reflection. Gone was the gray hair and wrinkles she was used to seeing. She saw her long hair was in fact a lovely chestnut brown, her skin now smooth (as it was on the rest of her body) and even a bit of a darker tan than she had had. But this was no face of a stranger. This was the look of the 22 year old woman she had been when she first came to Africa with Donald all those years ago. Somehow the clock of aging had been turned back for Alexandra. She was completely perplexed. Unable to comprehend what was happening, she sat leaning against a tree, her thoughts running wild.

She spent a sleepless night sitting there deep in thought. She did not know how it had happened but she believed that the way her body had been transformed must have been for a reason. Nobody would recognize her now that she had changed; besides, people would believe she was dead after what the Colonel's men had done to her house. Amid the confusion she started to get a good feeling about how she had defended the primates from the monsters. It made her feel like the old days when it was just her and Donald doing that. Maybe this new strength would allow her to take her deeds to a new level, her protecting the wild Africa in ways that she could not have imagined. She decided that maybe this was her chance to live like that again and she was not going to waste it. At sunrise, she rose from her spot and walked deeper into the jungle to explore.

The next week was an amazing time of discovery for Alexandra. She saw many new sites as she wandered through the jungle. Many animals and foliage that she had not beheld since she was young the first time and able to go on long adventures were reintroduced to her. She enjoyed watching the animals interact with one another from a distance, alone with them in this isolated paradise. She also took the opportunity to learn more about her newly acquired strengths. Every chance she got to test how much weight she could lift she took, lifting logs, boulders and whatever else of heavy mass she came across. She would test her speed by running relays, shocked that she could cover vast distances in short amounts of time. She was able to jump high enough to clear some of the shorter trees in the area, even if she did not get a running start. Her endurance was remarkable, as she could go on in this manner for hours without getting the slightest bit tired.

She took time each day during this week to sit and think. She thought about how it was feeling more and more right as each day went by and all she would be able to do with her new strengths. She also thought about the past, how much she wished that Donald could be here with her. Perhaps if she figured out how she had been changed she would have been able to change him as well, but this was not to be since he was gone from her now. She had to think about where she would go next, as the direction she was going in would soon run out of jungle for her.

Within days she emerged from the jungle and came into the great savanna. She ran across it as fast as she could, really testing her speed in the open space. She was amazed by her real speed. As she continued, she thought about what to do with her clothing situation. She was still unclothed from the waist up and her pants were the only things she had on, in tatters to accommodate her new muscle. She thought that this was not important as the time she spent in the jungle made her appreciate wearing as little clothing as possible. Besides, she was unrestricted in her movements this way. She was also coming to love the look of her body and enjoyed being topless, feeling the warm rays of the sun on her large breasts.

She walked across the savanna, enjoying the fresh air free from human pollution, when she heard an animal in distress. She hurried to see the source, a mother zebra with her young. She saw that they were being tormented by a rather large lion. Alexandra thought this lion looked too large to actually be one, but its appearance was unmistakable. She knew that she should let nature be and not interfere, but she could not sit by and let a poor mother be slaughtered in front of her children. She took off running towards the lion, jumping into the air and aiming to land right on it. Her aim was good, and she grabbed the lion, holding him pinned to the ground. She held him long enough for the zebra family to flee. The lion was obviously angry at being denied his prey and attempted to turn Alexandra into his new meal.

12