All That Blooms in Spring Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ann went on to explain all of the reasons she thought our differing beliefs could ruin us before we even got started. I told her that regardless of where I worked or what I did for a living, my political stance was basically to ignore politics.

"Look," I told her, "From almost the first minute I regained consciousness, I didn't trust you. In fact, I really thought you might be that woman from Misery. So from my perspective, our worst days were also our first days. Plus, I've learned that what I thought Jackie and I had was never really there to begin with. You've shown me your true heart. I've never had someone be that open with me."

She tried to keep talking, but I quickly enclosed her lips with my own. Five minutes later, we were naked, rolling around on her bed. I found her soaking wet as soon as I put my hand inside her panties to remove them. Two hours and several orgasms later, we were spent and hungry.

"I'm starving!" she exclaimed. "Let's order in."

"Roger that," I replied with a mock salute. That earned me a punch in the arm, and I've earned many more since that afternoon.

Epilogue:

That conversation, and the subsequent love-making, happened twenty years ago this week.

Ann and I are now in what most call the 'private sector.' We officially left the militia after the birth of our second child, Melena. The militia, turned out to be more of a volunteer gig, and we were rarely called upon. I did use my technology skills on two occasions, but, it was creating innovative hardware - one, a listening device that resided inside the wall charger for smart devices. It activated once a smart device, with a live internet connection, was plugged in to recharge.

Ann never practiced medicine again. That didn't matter, because as a research developer in the specialty of brain function, her breakthroughs helped rewrite the medical processes of cranial surgery. So, she did use her gift, which made her quite happy and made me very proud. She also made most of the money. That never mattered to me, because I did work setting up pay systems for a Seattle-based gaming company, and also we could have easily gotten by on forty grand per year where we lived. Let's just say we were never hurting financially.

I never did hear from Jackie, after our divorce was settled. We lived in different states, and I never associated with any of my former friends. I can only hope that she learned something from our ordeal, and that she never put some other poor schmuck through the pain she caused me.

Even though our wedding anniversary is six months out, I decided to book us for a month, traveling Europe, for this, our true anniversary. It's not exactly a surprise, because that would be hard to pull off. However, we aren't going with any friends, and there isn't any camping on the menu!

Postscript:

Since this story was originally published out of order, and subsequently pulled down by the author, me, I noticed a few comments about the character Dalton, and his explanation to our MC.

As a member of four states militia, or True National Guard, I assure you that both sides do surveil the other twenty-four/seven. And yes, I'm speaking from personal experience. That's a good thing - for all US citizens and for the constitution. There's people who leave the Guard, and could go rouge, just like former FBI agents. It literally just happened to Gov. Whitmer of Michigan. Fake militia and actual FBI guys. The news claimed the FBI infiltrated the group, but in court it was proven that the FBI agents actually recruited the men, and then planned the Gov's kidnapping, in hopes of talking the fake militia dudes into helping to carry it out. All of the fake militia dudes were acquitted or their cases thrown out.

I really watered down Dalton's explanation, because I didn't feel like shocking people within an erotic story.