All That Glitters Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Can I get in on that hug?" Sean asked coming out of the toilette.

Ayesha laughed and reached out to him. Anaya sensed the bond between the two and marvelled at its strength. Then a thought struck her. Ayesha was about to lose one lover, but what would happen when Sean left?

Anaya felt an odd but familiar sensation as a pair of arms circled the threesome. She did not have to look to know who it was. But Sean's words confirmed it.

"Heyya! Does this mean that your shift is over for the day?" he asked.

Soft brown eyes flared in amusement as she took in the underlying message in the question. She took in the new person in the group, sensing the strength of her gift. Ayesha caught something in Heyya's demeanor.

"Did something go wrong today, Heyya?" she asked. Heyya had already been involved in the lose of a patient, and it had affected her hard.

"Oh no, Ayesha," she told her friend and lover. "Today I saved the lives of a mother and her newborn girl. Today was a good day."

But Anaya knew the truth behind those words. She knew that despite the exhilaration of having defeated death, Heyya was more than aware of just how close she had actually come to losing the pair. The two shared a look of understanding that Sean and Ayesha could never have.

"Would you like to join us in our apartment for diner?" Heyya asked of Anaya.

"I think I would like that very much," she admitted.

The four made their way to Heyya and Ayesha's apartment. It would turn out to be a remarkably interesting evening.

Division Six, IPPF HQ, Terra

Capt. Sema Langen, Special Operations Group Three, IPPF, was reviewing the daily notes of her agents. She had twenty-three agents that specialized in everything from computers to infiltration of criminal organizations. Her group was responsible for some of the more spectacular arrests in recent years. She was enormously proud of them.

Langen was looking at information of unusual activity on computers in the senate. It was clear that despite the best efforts of the senate's computer specialists, people were successfully hacking into the special network.

Information that was being pulled ran the gamut. Everything from upcoming modifications on laws for pets, to police activity in support of the senate. That was what Langen was viewing at the moment or trying to.

Information on activities would come up briefly on her comp, and then suddenly disappear. It was obvious that someone had placed a scrubber to eliminate their trail as they moved through the system. But Langen's people were good, and well used to these kinds of tricks.

When the suspected darknet fiend closed out of the senate net, they had a file composed of ongoing screen shots on all their activities. The next step would be to look at those activities to see what kind of pattern could be determined.

It didn't take long to make a breakthrough. Special Agent Stevens came to Langen with his finds bare minutes after the fiend had closed out.

"Capt. This perp is good," he began. "Slipped in and out without leaving a trace to follow. If we had not seen him enter the Senate Net, we would not have found anything. Next time, we will look at which portal he entered by, that might give us an indication of where the perp is working from.

"The perp was looking for information in the senate system on what they knew about pirates. The search was quite extensive. It pulled several names, including the name of Special Agents attached to Division Six, and even two names attached to Group Three."

Langen began to panic when she saw the names. Both were alias' used by Special Agent Carolyn Justine, though not the current name she was working under. She had no idea were Justine was now, only that she was working under a request from the senate, specifically Senator Andjuran.

It was not the first time Justine had worked for him and it looked like that work was coming back to haunt them.

It had only been six weeks since Justine had left. She wasn't expecting a note from her for a couple of more weeks at best. She prayed that her note would arrive sooner rather than latter. Justine's life was probably hanging in the balance.

Control Room, Liramor-23, Piscium System

The day had started well for David Fent, SOps for Liramor-23. He had just returned from three weeks leave and was only on his second shift when the day suddenly went downhill.

"Unexpected FTL event, NOT in the inbound lanes!" the Ops O called out.

David started working to advise the navy of this event and let Fiona know that there was a situation. He ordered the manning of weapons stations and that all mining operations should cease immediately.

He worked to determine which of the special Rockhounds were available as he listened to comms attempting to contact the vessel.

"Unknown vessel, this is Liramor Control, you have entered the Piscium system in an illegal and dangerous manner. Come to a complete stop and await further instructions." Comms kept repeating the instructions, but the vessel did not acknowledge the message.

Fiona came into control from the direction of the executive mess with Cynthia Stewart trailing behind her.

"Report!" she snapped.

"Unknown vessel, not in the inbound lane, it is 'under' us and approaching areas that are heavy in expelled rocks. The vessel is at risk," Dent replied.

An image came up on the vessel. Fiona did not recognize the class, but she did see that it was blinged out in the manner of a corporate or personal yacht. It looked to be smaller than Liramor One, somewhere between sixty and seventy meters in length.

"Give me comms," Fiona ordered. "Unknown vessel this is Fiona Marsh, Director of Liramor-23. You have illegally entered a working mining platform's space. Your vessel is approaching the outbound 'throw' lane for expended rocks. You are at risk of collision and are endangering your vessel. Cease all forward motion immediately and wait to be directed to safety."

Almost immediately the face of a rather inebriated looking young woman came up on the screen. "Oh, stuff your authoritarian demands!" she said with a laugh. "I know my rights as a free citizen of the Union!" This to the cheers of several other young and equally inebriated people gathered around her.

The woman's jeers were suddenly cut short when a loud bang was heard, and alarms started blaring around her.

"The vessel has hit an outbound rock and deflected it. The rock is headed toward Cage Ten!" Dent informed the room. "The ship is venting atmosphere and appears to have lost control! It's veering towards Cage Twelve!"

"Warn the miners in those cages to move now!" Fiona shouted, watching helplessly as the ricocheting rock struck the Cage Ten with enough force to damage the structure. The ship began a slow cartwheel as it too approached its target. It struck Cage Twelve in slow motion but the momentum of tons of ship did the damage despite the slow speed. This time, the cage was ripped apart by the ship, but not before returning the favour and doing severe damage in return.

Pieces of debris were flung at high speeds in all directions, some threatening the Rockhounds now in the process of rescuing survivors, some threatening naval vessels in their parking orbits, and some careening toward the platform itself.

"Shit!" Fiona yelled. She noted the reporter looking around and probably recording everything.

"You getting this?" Fiona asked with more than a tinge of anger in her voice.

"Yes, Ms. Marsh," she confirmed.

"Good, keep recording," Fiona told her. "I want you to make a news clip on the events and on those idiots, if they aren't dead, about the folly of not following safety regulations posted by the LMC."

Fiona then stomped out of the room frustration evident in every line of her body.

Cynthia kept recording the Liramor-23 control coordination of the rescue operations.

Anur Say, Capital City, Planet Anuura, Caiden System

Fatima Anar was in the market of the capital with three of her closest friends, Amani, Bedalia, and Faruiza, as she and Faruiza were shopping for their chiallie, their wedding night gowns. The four young women were fashionistas and were quickly able to score two of the most beautiful, and shockingly daring, chiallie they had ever seen.

Both gowns were sheer, almost indecently so, but they were only meant to be seen by their new husbands, and of course their besties.

Faruiza's gown was cream coloured with a delicate pattern on it. It subtly hid without hiding the body beneath it. She had fallen in love with it as soon as she saw it, as the colour complimented her skin tones.

Fatima's chiallie was transparent white, with a pattern that covered the essentials. However, when Fatima had looked at it in the dressing room mirror, she was shocked at just how much of her body she could see, despite the delicate placement of the pattern. She blushed as she thought of her intended seeing her in it for the first time.

The four friends were walking down the boulevard toward their hotel, when Fatima recognized two women sitting at a cafe. She handed her chiallie to Bedalia, asking her to take it to their room, as she had a family matter to attend to.

Sitting at a table were none other than the two wives of the House of Ouihya. She knew her mother was attempting to contact the house through the 'woman's net' to sound them out over an issue of a marriage contract.

"Good afternoon, Honoured Wise Ones," she gave the traditional greetings and hand signs to the two older laddies. "Do you have a moment of instruction for this young girl?" she asked.

"Fatima Anar?" Ikekia Houll, the first wife said, recognizing the young woman. Fatima smiled at being recognized.

"What are you doing in Anur Say on your own?" she asked with a knowing smile on her lips.

Fatima laughed. "Yes, I am shopping for my chiallie," she admitted. Both older ladies smiled at the response.

"Please forgive me for moving quickly, Honoured Wise Ones, but I am with friends and need to return to them soon," Fatima told them. "My mother is trying to contact you woman to woman, on a request of contract."

The two older women understood what that meant. Marriage contracts were rarely started by the men of a house. Potential matches were only brought to the head of the house when most of the details had already been established by the women.

"We have a room at the hotel behind us," Ikekia said. "It will be a little more private and you can give us the details."

Since Anur Say was so far from Aereet, the capital of the district of Andanii, it was not unusual for people to take a room overnight to extend their shopping. The three quickly moved to the room.

Fatima started immediately after sitting down across from the two. "My elder sister has become interested in one the sons of the house of Ouihya," she told them. "But there are circumstances around this man which my mother worries about."

"Which sister is interested in which son?" Ikekia asked.

"Hanalei has met Fayad on Terra. She is much taken by him and has asked mother if an arrangement can be made," Fatima admitted.

"The Fullohd?" Ikekia said, immediately creating tension in the room.

"There is much that is disturbing in the death of my sister's husband," Fatima stated bluntly. "What disturbs me most though, is that she was ostracized by both houses so quickly.

"Her husband spoke out about the activities of Wasim Andjuran and those who run the Church of Andanii in his name and died soon after. Not the first time this has happened.

"No one would shelter Hanalei out of fear of this man. Despite the appearance of charity from the offer, that he took my sister into his household is the worst case of revenge I have ever seen enacted against a deceased person," she snapped at the two older women.

"Forgive me, Fatima, for my unkind words," Ikekia spoke making the hand sign of contrition and of asking of forgiveness.

"I apologize for my tone, Wise Ones," Fatima spoke, "it was...impolite."

"Nonsense, child," Ikekia spoke. "You have reminded us of facts that we would like to forget. These facts must be taken into account if the contract is to be dealt with.

"You said your mother has questions?" Ikekia asked.

"Yes. My sister met Fayad on Terra. Andjuran uses her in the worst of ways. Since she was a married woman, she is no longer a virgin. He makes use of her in the ways that men would use a prostitute, but not for himself. He has her seduce prospected people that he is attempting to control, then uses the fact as a means of blackmail." Fatima admitted.

"Hanalei is unable to leave as she has no means of making a living either here or on Terra. Few of us do," Fatima admitted.

The three women knew the truth of that statement. The church had always admonished women to obey their husbands but, before Andjuran, they did allow women to have a means of supporting themselves. Since Andjuran became the Chief Cleric, things had changed drastically for women in the church.

"Hanalei was asked to seduce Fayad. She did everything that she could, including showing her naked body to him. Fayad did not molest her, or scold her, or touch her in anyway but in the most gentlemanly manner.

"She was unnerved by his demeanor and attempted to flee, but he pulled her to him and held her until her fear abated. Then he helped her dress.

"Hanalei knew your son was interested in her, when he held her, she could feel his interest," Fatima said with a blush. "but he did not act on his base nature, instead, rising above the situation.

"When Hanalei told him, she was Fullohd, he said 'only if you wish to be'. That is when he informed her that he was Tcholla, she understood that he was acting in deference to his position. He was on Terra, with a willing woman, where no one would have known if he had broken his vows. But he kept his will in spite of extreme temptation. My sister is an exceptionally beautiful woman, the temptation was great.

"Mother wishes to know if you can tell us of the conditions of his contrition." Fatima finished.

"There were originally five sons of the house of Ouihya. Fayad is the youngest son, the fourth son now," Ikekia began. "But he has been graced by Andanii with uncommon form, uncommon strength, and uncommon intelligence. What for him came with ease, the second brother found difficult to master. So much so that the second son of the house took his own life.

"Fayad blamed himself for his brother's death, and his father agreed. But the truth is Abia was lazy. He did not apply himself to his studies nor to any of his work. As the second son, he did not have to worry for his future. His life was established, especially since he was somewhat more intelligent than his younger brothers. Until his father began to take notice of Fayad.

"There were eight years between the brothers, but still Abia felt threatened by Fayad. Normally, the first and second sons of a house are honoured by the house, but that can change if the patron of the house decides that they are not worthy of that honour. With Abia's natural laziness, and Fayad's natural abilities, it soon became apparent to Abia that he would be supplanted by Fayad. But that could never have been.

"Fayad was too young to supplant Abia. By the time Fayad became of age to be able to do so, Abia would have been married and working in the family business. But Abia feared Fayad and said so in his final note, cursing his brother. His father blamed both, but Abia was dead, so his scorn landed on Fayad.

"Fayad bore the scars of an unwarranted shame since that day. When he was old enough, he took the role of Tcholla. His contrition was to family. To help the House of Ouihya prosper and grow. To help his elder brothers with their education and his sisters with their dowry. He started working as soon as he could, contributing to the house almost immediately.

"Our second son is now in a marriage contract. Our third son has been blessed with the opportunity to attend higher education, at a better school, thanks to Fayad. Of our three daughters, two are married, and the youngest is in contract.

"Fayad sends us a small fortune every month, half of his wages. He sends a tithe to the church and contributes in other ways with the people. He also contributed to our daughter's dowries, yet he says he is still setting money aside to be able to establish his own house.

"Taavetii, will complete his studies next year. Our youngest daughter will be married at the end of this year. Fayad's act of contrition will be complete, his duty to the house finished. He will then be able to put more to building his own house. But I suspect that he will continue to help this house, at least the women of the house." Ikekia finished.

"According to Hanalei, Fayad said he would end his contrition in five years," Fatima stated. "From what you have told me, he is including gaining what is necessary to found a house to his act of contrition.

"Hanalei believes in him. She says that he will be ready in the timeline he has established. She would be his second or third wife if he will have her."

"The contract will not be with the House of Ouihya," Ikekia stated. "But we, the mothers, will act to enable contract for our son. Hanalei has suffered greatly and deserves the right to a good marriage. We are certain that Fayad will provide that."

Fatima rose and kissed both women before taking her leave.

Conference Room One, Liramor-23, Piscium System

Forty-three people stood in security cuffs in the conference room in front of Fiona Marsh, who sat behind a small table. Around her sat or stood members of the senior staff of Liramor-23 and senior members of the naval protection force, including Adm. James Hannison, the Navy JAG.

Sarah Halle, owner of the PV Scarlet Woman, so named because of her bright red hair, stood beside the captain of the Scarlet while a list of charges was being read off by David Dent.

The charges included: drunk and disorderly conduct, unauthorized entry into a working mining site, refusal to respond to comms hails, refusing to acknowledge the lawful commands of the Local Authority, destruction of public and private property, reckless endangerment causing injury, and eight counts of attempted murder.

"What do you mean attempted murder?" Ms. Halle asked shocked.

"Ms. Halle, innocent people were severely injured during an illegal act on your part. That is part of the definition of attempted murder, 'where life threatening injury occurs during the conduct of a criminal act or omission'." Fiona advised her. "Should any of those people die, that will automatically be increased from attempted murder, to murder.

"You came here to this system as a thrill-seeker trying to get a look at the damage vessels from the Battle of Liramor-23. Instead of getting to see them, you have contributed your own vessel to them," Fiona finished, pointing to the Rockhounds that were pushing the damaged yacht towards the broken pirate fleet.

"We do not have the jurisdiction to hold trial here for offences of this magnitude," Fiona stated. "You and your friends will be taken to Liramor Prime, where the court system there will deal with you. Pray, Ms. Halle, that none of those who were severely injured, die."

Fiona signalled and the people from the Scarlet Woman were taken away to be held for transportation to Liramor Prime.

"What will happen to them?" she asked of the JAG.

"Her entourage will likely get two to six months in jail for participating in a reckless endeavour resulting in injuries, while under the influence," Hannison explained.

"The captain was in a rather nasty position. As the captain of the vessel, he is responsible for the actions of the vessel, however, the owner's influence will be taken into account. He will probably lose his captain's licence and be banned for several years after he is released from jail. He will likely receive two to five years dependent on how much of an example the courts want to make of him.