All That Glitters Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ramison continued. "You will receive the balance of sixty-eighty ships over the next three years, getting two new ships per month from Pallanders-4 in the Punarjanm System over the next three years.

"At the same time, Pallanders-4 will be building two additional ships per month designated to be sold to our allies as their Navy vessels, prior to them building their own. We intend to provide ten ships to each of the Interspecies Communities except for the Djinaëte, who make their own ships and are not interested in ours as they are simply too small for the Djinaëte requirements. When the Djinaëte move, they tend to move as a hive, which is why they have such large vessels. That and the fact that they need the extra size for their organic power sources.

"The remaining ten species; the Asocans, the Byandi, the Feeyan, the Grotté, the Harradi, the Hwill'illiti'hallat, the Paacon, the Pod-Drran, the Toolend, and the Umick, have all purchased our ship designs, including naval vessels. The Maha-Rrin will eventually be included in this, but not immediately as we still have no official governmental contact with them.

"There will be eight new Navy vessels coming out of Pallanders-4 every month. Over the next three years, four will go to the Navy to replace the ships that you will be given from OP Sandcastle, two will come to you while the final two are destined for the Allied Navies until they have received all one hundred ships designated for them.

"The first set of two Allied ships will go the Asocans. The second set of are destined for the Byandi.

"Dr. Aruna is arranging for devices on each ship that will optimize the requirements of each species, including a large water pool for the Byandi, who cannot do without a daily dunk. You may have noted the increased use of water showers by the Byandi on your platform," Ramison gave her an odd smile at that. "Their scientists have been in the Punarjanm system for the last few months, integrating their environmental requirements into their first two ships.

"This is the reason we are training with Asocans at the moment. I believe that the Asoc assigned more than 800 of her people to form the basis of her new navy. With the exception of the Engineers, who will go to Pallanders for their training, they will work on designated ships to learn how to crew their new vessels. That will also include ships of the Piscium Defence Force. We will assign these assets to eight Fairling Class ships, three to the Piscium Defence Force, four to your current list of sector ships, and The Wanderer. Raymond, I believe that the assets going to the Wanderer have already been assigned?"

"Yes, George, they have already been integrated into the ship's company. They will be with us until such time as Asoc's new Imperial ship is commissioned. Then they will go to the new ship, which I believe is to be named 'Tarl Asoc', a Tarl being a kind of large ancient sled/boat used to move goods and people over the swamps," Raymond said.

"Good name for an Imperial Ship," the President mused.

"We will be providing them with human instructors from the Navy for six months to a year after they take possession of their ships, and human engineers until their engineers are qualified," Ramison informed them.

"We need to get the Byandi to start their training on our vessels as well, however, we have the impediment of their need for water. We will likely have to train them on their own vessels, which means instead of them integrating with our ships, our personnel will integrate with their ships in order to train them," Ramison stated.

"We will be working on an output of four ships per month for the next six months, then will expand that to eight ships per month as Pallanders-6 opens for business here in the Piscium System, providing our Allies six Naval ships per month until all ten ships have been delivered to each species.

"Two ships will be provided to each species on a rotational basis in alphabetical order in the Standard language. That means the Asocans and the Byandi, will have six ships delivered in six months time, while the remaining species will only have four. However, a little over nine months after that, we will have completed our one hundred ships, with each species gaining ten vessels. Once we have provided them these first ten vessels, they will be responsible for building the remainder of their own fleets.

"So, for the first six months, two ships will be provided to the Asocans, the Byandi, the Feeyan, the Grotté, the Harradi, and the Hwill'illiti'hallat. After Pallanders-6 comes online, six ships per month will be made available to the Allies, starting with the Paacon, the Pod-Drran, the Toolend, and finally the Umick.

"Then the cycle starts again with six ships going to the first set, bringing them up to eight ships each. The next set of six ships over two months will be broken up to give four ships each to the second set of Allies, bringing all of them up to ten ships in seventeen months provided nothing happens.

"One last thing, all of these one hundred vessels are going to be part of the Sector Fifty-Nine emergency response force, meaning they will respond under your command, when requested in support of Greater Community," Ramison explained to Fiona.

"We will be bringing in some of the more senior captains in their navies, which are currently limited to sub-light vessels, and bringing them into the Senior Officers Commander School and the Senior Officers (Flag) Course. Once they have two admirals or more, they will be required to provide one to your command structure here to help integrate their navy into the Sector Fifty-Nine Defence Forces, again under your command." Here, Ramison paused for a sip of water, leaving the thought of her command structure to Fiona.

"As already stated," Ramison continued, "you will receive two new passenger vessels, the NSP Allacia, and the NSP Trichord. There are two more vessels coming out of refit in the next few months and we may purchase them for this command, they will be designated the NSP Katran, you might remember that one (see chapter eight), and the NSP Mont Royal. They were both luxury liners for the cruise industry before the advent of the Sprawl Class nearly wiped out the industry. They both have significantly more accommodations than do the Allacia or the Trichord, so they will be useful to you as it will be some time before the respective species have enough vessels of their own," Ramison ended.

"With the advent of more money for Liramor-23 from both the TGA and Liramor Holdings and, I suspect, from the membership of the Greater Community, the platform is to be expanded for use primarily as Ard Mheydeh, which I think will wind up expanding to become something similar to the Union Senate, though with all the members of the Interspecies Community active here. That will make this a very important location over the next few years, Fiona," the President advised. He flipped the contents of his comp to the room's large 3D monitor, showing the expected expansion and some of the ideas that had been floated to him by the senior members of the Greater community. The group took the time to look at what Liramor-23 could possibly become, noting that it would almost double in volume.

"Impressive," Liea said, after reviewing the schematics.

"She is still the property of Liramor Holdings, Mr. President," Antione Liramor stated for the record.

"Indeed," the President agreed. "Ard Mheydeh will probably become the focal point of the Interspecies Community over the next few years. Liramor Holdings is matching credit for credit all the funds the TGA is providing. Your company will have to help design it, then build it, and control it. The Navy, under VAdm. Marsh, will defend it, I envy you as the Director of record, Fiona, you will make history here."

Fiona looked around the room. All eyes were on her and, she realized, they were looking at her with anticipation. That put her in a good mood.

"I'm not sure how ready I am for all of that, sir. However, I will give it my best," Fiona told the President.

"Your best has been exemplary so far, Fiona," the President replied, getting nods from around the room.

"Now, one last item before I take my leave and return to Terra. Hanalei, what of the opening of the new Johal Compound?" the President asked.

"I have canvassed the members who were here. They do not want another meeting next month as it would be too difficult to get the Djinaëte to transport them. They are shooting for two months from now. Which means we will have the grand opening of the new Johal Compound in June, Mr. President," Hanalei advised.

"Another Denders Summit in the height of summer. I look forward to it," the President said with a smile. That got a laugh from around the table as many of those present had been at the last summit and remembered how hot and sticky it was in July. June would only be a little less so.

"I've seen the plans for the compound, Hanalei, I am impressed," Charles Ronter, the Minister for Foreign Affairs said. "As I am sure the other member species will be. Speaking of which, do you have an RSVP on exactly who is attending?"

"It is all heavy hitters, sir," Hanalei advised him, sending the list of responders to the Minister. "We have the imperial, royal, or presidential families of most of the eleven species, the only exception being the Djinaëte and they will likely send some senior Sisters for the opening. They have designated which Sister will be sent to the compound, but no other names or staff numbers for their office."

"The only people left out are the Maha-Rrin and I am thinking of inviting the Pemipinae to the grand opening, so that she can see for herself what we have done on Terra, and here at the Interspecies Embassy," Hanalei stated.

"That is an excellent idea, make sure the Pod-Drran extend the invitation. I would like to see them having come to the Interspecies Embassy long before the opening of the Johal Compound. I do believe that we set aside offices here for their embassy?" the President asked.

"We have, sir," Fiona assured him. "Even if they integrate with the Pod-Drran, they will be treated as an independent planet, much as we treat our own Union member planets."

"That is a good plan, their reconciliation with the Pod-Drran will likely take some time. I am loath to force them to integrate their societies too quickly, even if they must," the President responded.

"Right, any other issues?" the President asked. There were none. "Good, time for me to make my exit.

"Fiona, thank-you for this last week. It has been nothing but amazing. I look forward to carrying on these activities at Terra for the next Denders Summit," the President said with a smile as he stood and shook Fiona's hand.

VIP Reception, Liramor-23, The Piscium System

There were a lot fewer people waiting on President Holloway and his daughter Grace as they left than had been present when he arrived. The Interspecies Ambassadors were all present, as was the Chair of the Alliance and his representatives, Fiona, Fayad and, his wives, their children, Guinevere Soulange, and Annagrace Pelletier, who were in the care of the Piscium family while their mothers were working.

"Well, it is interesting to see so many children on a working platform but I guess that will only increase as more families arrive, especially the families of the Interspecies Community," Grace Holloway said with a smile, giving Guinevere and the children, who were sad she was leaving, hugs of goodbye. She touched her comp to Guinevere's, transferring her call signal to the younger teen.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Chair Grovern, especially for the signing of our peace pact," the President stated, shaking hands.

"Likewise, Mr. President. I am pleased we were able to come to an accord so swiftly. Such things normally take some time," the Chair replied.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Dame Aurelia, I hope to see you again in the future," the President shook her hand.

"Quicker than you might think, Mr. President, as I have business to deal with on Terra," Aurelia replied.

"Michael Adenomere," Grace speculated, looking directly at Aurelia.

"Your daughter is very perceptive, Mr. President," Aurelia acknowledged.

"No, it just makes sense to deal with him now before he becomes a serious threat to you, Dame Aurelia," Grace said. "One piece of advice I should give to you about Michael, he is rather thick-headed and stubborn, once he gets something in his mind, it is difficult to break him of it. You will have to hit him hard and threaten him to within a millimeter of his life if you want to get him to listen to and act on your 'suggestions'."

"Speaking from firsthand experiences, Ms. Holloway?" Aurelia asked.

"Yes. I am. He is a danger to himself and to others, however, he has been brought quite low recently due principally to the raids on the Alliance. Having most of the male members of his family indicted for murder, attempted murder, and treason against the Alliance, didn't help his situation either. He will not be very receptive to any suggestions you make to him unless you use a piece of lumber to wake him up first, thus the threat to his life," Grace looked hard at Aurelia when she said that.

"Would you like to be present as a representative of the Union Government, Grace?" Aurelia asked, smiling.

"I'm not sure if I am the best qualified for that, Dame Aurelia, however, I would jump at the chance," Grace said with a smile, getting a laugh from her father, from the Chair, and from Aurelia.

Aurelia tapped her comp to Grace's, transferring her call signal to the teen. The two gave each other conspiratorial smiles as the President turned to the Ambassadors.

The President swiftly went down the line of Ambassadors, taking time to speak to each, thanking them for their assistance during the last week. The Ambassadors were very appreciative of this.

At last the President turned to Fiona.

"Fiona, it is always interesting coming to this platform. That will be even more true in future. I look forward to seeing you once again at the next summit in two months," the President said, shaking her hand.

"Fayad, Hanalei, Junelliya, Ikekia, and Zarrenia, I look forward to seeing you at the next Denders Summit," the President said.

The Cats suddenly hissed at him, making rather crude sounds. "Oh, yes, and the Cats, too," the President laughed, but at his statement, the Cats got more excited and forgiving. They jumped on the President's, and Grace's shoulders giving them head rubs and their distinctive purrs.

"I swear they act more human than most humans," Grace remarked, getting laughter from the Piscium family.

It was time to go. With a wave, Grace, the President, and his entourage walked down the runway to the waiting Presidential shuttles. The Franz Muller jumped thirty minutes later.

Conference Room One, Delta Deck, Liramor-23, The Piscium System

Fiona returned to the conference room with Fayad and the four Union Ambassadors. Her senior staff, both civilian and military, were waiting for her along with Antoine and Annette Liramor.

"Right, I assume that the existing agreement on my employment remains intact?" she asked of Antoine Liramor.

"Yes, as far as we are concerned, on issues dealing with the defence of this system, and now of Sector Fifty-Nine, Liramor Holdings will defer to you. On issues pertaining to the running of Liramor-23, you will defer to the requirements of Liramor Holdings. That doesn't change other than including the larger area that you now control," Antoine confirmed.

"Good. When do we anticipate Liramor-31 being ready?" Fiona inquired.

"The construction started two months ago. A platform of this size will take nine months to complete, then it has to be certified for occupation and moved. With Jump-grid technology, that shouldn't be a major issue, but we do not anticipate being able to bring the vessel into this system before next year, specifically mid-June of 2488.

"In the meantime, you will be building outward on this platform for the anticipated new numbers of Greater Community members coming in the new year. That gives you a little over seven months to complete a good portion of the new construction. Not an impossible task, but it will mean you will be busy.

"We had thought to make Fayad the new director of Liramor-31 but after being here and seeing how the community responds to him, his family, and to you, we will keep you as a team. Fayad will be primarily responsible for this platform, answering to you.

"You will retain the title of Director in name only, as the Greater Community already knows you by that title. In reality, Fayad will be conducting the day-to-day operations of this platform while you will be responsible for issues involving the Interspecies Embassy et al. Basically, what is actually factually happening on this platform," Antoine explained.

"We will match the funds coming from the TGA, who are attempting to gain control over the platform for their own purposes," Annette took over from her father. "We do not want that to happen. Each credit that the TGA spends here, will be met by a credit from Liramor Holdings. I suggest that additional credits, coming from the Greater Community, be used to fund additional amenities for their members and to expand things like the Concourse. When Liramor-31 starts operation, the miners will enjoy having a place nearby where they can shop for items from all over known space," Annette gave Fiona a knowing smile.

Conference Room J-31, Juliet Deck, Liramor-23, The Piscium system

The day after the President had left, Liea and Raymond rented a conference room large enough for sixty people for their first every investors brief of the House of Ur Trading Company, in which the pair were heavily invested. He was a little down as Aurelia and her group had left earlier that morning. He was looking forward to the anticipated good news from Caye-Ur.

In the room were all the available members of the House of Ur, Kaye and Hend away doing medical briefs, the Piscium Family and their staff, Fiona Marsh, several members of her senior staff, several members of the workers from the platform, and some members of the hospital staff, including, Anaya, Heyya, Katanya, and Silliya. The room was full when the brief began. On the table in front of each person was an envelope with their names on it, which they were told not to open until they were instructed to.

Caye-Ur stood and welcomed all the investors to the brief. "Today is the first brief on our company's situation since we began. When you initially invested in the company, we wound up with an opening stock bid of fifty million credits. Most of that has been taken up with finding new profit making items and transporting them to the Pod-Drran. This included the installation of the new comp system for Pod-Saar and the selling of personal wrist comps to the Pod-Drran.

"The investment costs of this new system was thirty-four million credits, broken down with the cost of the system, the initial installation costs of the system, and the cost of the wrist comps. This left us with an operating budget of sixteen million credits for shipment costs, etcetera.

"To say the least, the returns have been much better than we have expected. We have already recuperated our initial investments in the sale of wrist comps, having sold more than eighteen million units in the initial two months. The Pod-Drran cannot get enough of these comps. They love them.

"There are five levels of wrist comp, starting at one hundred and fifty credits and going up from there to eight hundred fifty credits for the best models with the most bling. Surprisingly, we have been selling a lot of the more advanced models, though not the ones with all the bling. Those are mostly being purchased by senior House Pairs, and by the senior personnel in most institutions. The Kumar-Pair have purchased personally made Jewelry Units that cost several thousands each, but they are the only ones to have done so to date.

123456...9