Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Andrew then as much as it pains me to say this you are on your own. I can't risk everything to help you in this foolish endeavor. If you do this the only way you will be able to live a in peace is if you get proof of what Amsu was doing then kill everyone that is involved in the plan." Charles warned.

"Charles please keep Catherine and her family safe." Amelia requested.

"I will do my best Amelia you have my word on that." Charles promised.

Susan snatched the phone from Charles while glaring at him. "Andrew, Amelia if you need help you call me I won't abandon you. Fuck it I will have my people mobilized and we will meet you in Mexico City. Just please don't do anything till I get there." Susan said.

"Susan as much as we appreciate the offer we can't ask you to risk everything. Even once we rescue Jake, we will still have to run and hide. I am not foolish enough to think that we can face Amsu and win. Hell we will be lucky to survive long enough to pull the rescue off. Take care of Catherine and her family please." Andrew replied grateful for Susan's offer.

While Charles was waiting for his pissed off mate he went to his computer to look up Vlad's number. He may not be able to get directly involved but he sure wasn't going to abandon them. He noticed there was a message on the forums of the Blood Exchange. He quickly read it.

"Wanted Two Rogue Vampires reward of $125,000,000.00 each.

Amelia and Andrew Barnes who were sired by Diamond. Their human names were Andrew martin and Amelia Hensley. The two of them are extremely dangerous. Last spotted driving in an older model Blue GMC Jimmy in Tijuana. We have a report that they are heading towards Mexico City. If spotted please contact Eriko Rodríguezes Lead Enforcer of Mexico at 1-52-998-555-5555.

"Susan keep them on the phone and get in here now." Charles mentally screamed as he grabbed the phone and quickly dialed.

"Hello Charles, what can I do for you?" Vlad said smoothly. He was sure why Charles was calling to try to protect those parvulus of his. Vlad was already mobilizing his men for the hunt after all not only would he get the satisfaction for the sucker punch he received but also a large payday.

"Hello Vlad I'm calling in a favor. Stay out of the hunt for the Barnes." Charles requested

"Sorry Charles but that isn't going to happen. Even if they didn't insult me the payday is too high," Vlad replied.

"Vlad you owe me and just as a reminder they are still under my protection and if you anything happens to them I could forget an old promise of discretion in certain matter if I do I wonder who's bounty will be larger yours or theirs. Not to mention that in my grief I may accidently release the location of certain people you hold dear. Lastly, I may decide to take my vengeance on those you hold dear if I recall Anna is still here in Philadelphia." Charles threatened.

"Charles don't threaten me you do not want to make me an enemy over some pet parvulus. You know as well as I do that if you release that information Strigio would hunt you also for not reveling it to him before now. If you so much as touch Anna I will kill you myself." Vlad angrily responded.

"I am willing to risk Strigio wrath are you? I will have Anna staying with us as my guest if you try to warn her or get her out of my area I will place her in irons and lock her in a very dark cell and as far as your threat please come and try to kill me," Charles taunted. While he was talking to Vlad, he quickly wrote an address down and passed it to Susan as he telepathically said, "Tell Amelia and Andrew to go there and to please wait for my call. Tell them that I give my word of honor that this isn't a trap or a ploy to interfere with their plans I'm trying to help them. Lastly warn them that a $125,000,000.00 each bounty has been placed on their heads and that everyone knows where they are heading."

"My god! How are you going to protect them with that kind of bounty on their heads?" Susan asked with her mind. She then went back to Amelia and Andrew.

"Charles be reasonable even if I don't go hunting for them my men will and ..." Vlad tried to reason.

"Then I hope for your sake you can control your people because if I have to, you will pay the bill. One final thing for you to consider if anyone touches them, I will send Gloria to hunt them down and will give her a free hand on how she finds them. You may want to recall how she hunted her parents killers." Charles warned.

"Susan would never allow it and even if she did, why would Gloria care about them? They're nothing." Vlad retorted with a laugh.

"Vlad you really should keep better tabs on things. As soon as Gloria finds out about the bounty, she will be heading to protect them with or without permission. They feed her their blood to keep her alive when she was shot by that sniper. Susan for your information is mobilizing her people to go to Mexico and her plan is to help those two parvulus anyway she can. Did you hear we are mated now so guess who is going with her? So I guess I will leave Anna in Emma's tender care." Charles said in a low tone not even attempting to hide the implied threat.

"Charles neither my people nor I will participate in this hunt. You have my word of honor but know this we are done I will never help you again and if I find you anywhere near Anna I will use everything I have and every favor owed to me to bring you down . DO I make myself clear?" Vlad promised his anger barely contained.

"I understand but you understand this you have six hours to have you and your people out of my territory. Anna will be staying in Philly as my guest if you attempt to move her, I will kill her slowly and then come for you. She will be safe as long as you keep your people out of the hunt if they join she pays. Do I make myself clear?" Charles stated coldly.

"Anna leaves with me or I will personally track down your pets and make a gift of them to Rodrigues." Vlad threatened.

"Then I will see you in Mexico and Anna will be the one who delivers that file to Strigio along with a note explaining who she is and just how much she means to you." Charles angrily replied.

"You win Charles but if anything happens to her I will place such a large bounty on the heads of the people you love that it will make the one on your pets look small," Vlad angrily stated.

"Thank you for seeing things my way I appreciate your cooperation." Charles stated evenly.

Charles knew that Amsu was the one behind the outrageous bounties either he was worried about something that Layla knew or more likely he was trying to force Charles to act to get his little war started. Charles' instincts told him to stay as far away from Andrew and Amelia as possible but he knew that it would be impossible with Susan's attachment to them. He carefully considered the best way to prevent the war Amsu wanted. He wondered if he could somehow negotiate with Rodrigues to get Andrew's son back. The only other option he could see was to start the dam war himself and try to minimize the scope of it.

Susan walked into the office where Charles was and took a seat across from him. She was pleased that she had succeeded in convincing Andrew to go to the address Charles had requested. She was slightly upset with herself for doubting her mate she should've known that Charles would never forsake a friend .She watched as Charles hung up the phone with Vlad and quickly dialed another number.

Andrew wasn't happy with Susan's suggestion about going to the safe house instead of going after his son but after she explained that, he was not only throwing his life away but also his mates he couldn't refuse. He knew it would take them just over nineteen hours to get to the address but first they had to lose their prisoner and get a new vehicle. Andrew had Amelia tell the driver to pull over and drop them off afterwards he was to drive straight to Philadelphia and go to Sanguinem on Water Street and Ask for Charles. He had her order him not to stop for anything but food and fuel. Finally, he was to use the blood in the cooler and not to feed from humans. Amelia repeated the orders to the Vampire and added he was not to be captured by humans or other vampires. The last thing she ordered was that he forget everything he had heard them say and then sent him on his way. While Amelia was giving the other vampire her instructions, Andrew called Susan and explained what they had done. She told them they it had been a great idea and hopefully he would act as a decoy and take some of the heat off of them. Susan said that she would have Gloria call them soon to see how she could help and she pleaded the he would allow her to help after some debate Andrew reluctantly agreed.

Less than five minutes later Andrew's cell rang. "Hello, yes I was expecting your call...No; that isn't necessary... Yes, we are heading for the safe house that Susan suggested as soon as we get a new vehicle. Hang on a sec." Andrew moved the phone from his face to talk to Amelia and Layla, "Gloria said she will join us at the safe house. She suggested we try to keep as low of a profile as possible."

"Andrew, Gloria has many contacts down here perhaps she could suggest somewhere we could acquire a vehicle discretely. The contacts I would normally use will, without a doubt, sell me out for that kind of money." Layla said knowing that Gloria had an extensive network throughout the world she could use when she needed something discretely.

Gloria had heard Layla statement and thought for a few moments she had just the person. Donnie Marcus he went by the name Peppy He said it liked the name because it was memorable and defined his personality. She always teased him calling him Mr. Le' Pew after the famous skunk. She chucked to herself as recalled seeing Pepe' for the first time when she went to see They Were Expendable because she had a big crush on Robert Montgomery back then.

"Andrew, I know just the person to see. His name is Peppy, I will warn you that he is a bit of a flake but I trust him and he can get you anything you need. Tell him that Gloria is calling in a favor from Mr. Le' Pew. Here is his number." Gloria rambled off his number from memory and then quickly disconnected the call before Andrew could ask her anything else.

Andrew quickly called the number Gloria had given him. He waited as it rang a couple times and once the call was answered he heard a rather gruff voice demand," Who the fuck are you and how did you get my number."

"I am a friend of Gloria's and she gave me this number. My name is Andrew." Andrew replied hoping he wasn't making a mistake.

"Gloria huh? How would a parvulus know her?" The voice asked suspicious.

"Before I answer any questions, are you Peppy?" Andrew inquired.

"I am, now answer my question!" Peppy demanded. He was just about to hang up. He didn't like identifying himself to people he didn't know the only thing that caused him to pause was Gloria's name she was a dear friend and one of the few people he trusted.

"We are friends of hers and we need to obtain some discrete transportation." Andrew stated then quickly added, "She said to tell you she was calling in a favor from Mr. Le' Pew."

The phone went silent for several moments and Andrew had thought that he had made a mistake he was just about to disconnect the call and call Gloria back. "Andrew, sorry I had to clear the room. You said that you needed discrete transportation. To where? If this is who I think it is I would imagine you need it for three people," Peppy responded his whole attitude had changed.

"You are correct about the number of people and yes I am Andrew Barnes. We need to get to out skirts of Mexico City," Andrew replied.

"That is no problem. Where are you now?" Peppy asked.

Andrew told him where they were and Peppy requested that they go to the bar and grill down the street letting them know that he was very familiar with the area. He had also suggested that they contact Gloria and have her meet them at a pub named El Caldero. He said to have Gloria meet them there at six in the evening in two days. He said that the driver he was sending them would be identified by the person walking up to Amelia and saying une belle rose pour une jolie femme and requested in a light manner that Andrew not attack his son. Lastly, he warned them that Rodrigues had everyone out searching for them and please be extra careful. Andrew thanked him for all of his help.

The three of them went to the bar he has suggested and took a table in the corner near the entrance. They had just placed their drink order when Amelia the sensation she was being watched. She surreptitiously looked around the bar until she spotted a woman she thought she knew that was seated towards the back of the bar. Amelia tried to recall where she had seen the woman with the toffee colored skin before she knew she was a vampire and even though she hadn't meant her personally, she knew her. She was just about to see if Andrew knew her when the woman turned her head and even though her hair was shorter, she recognized her.

"Dammit I think we were just spotted. Andrew look over my right shoulder. The third table past the support column and tell who is setting there," Amelia quietly said.

Andrew did as Amelia directed and saw her he instantly remembered her. "Fuck that is Flora, the bitch that sired Scott." Andrew exclaimed not believing their luck. Andrew was about to suggest that they try to get her out of here so they could privately deal with her when she suddenly rose and headed towards the restrooms with her cellphone in her hand, "Want to bet who she is calling?"

"I already know Rodrigues to collect the bounty." Amelia replied without even thinking. The place was too crowded try to stop her in the open. There would be too many witnesses and even if the humans didn't get involved, the commotion would draw other vampires into the fray in an attempt to collect the bounty.

"Go wait for me outback by the dumpsters. I will go fetch the bitch," Layla ordered.

"Layla that is too dangerous if Rodrigues' men get here you could be trapped." Both Amelia and Andrew said at the same time.

"I thank you both for your concern but I am going to be fine. If we don't stop her she may follow us and lead Rodrigues gorillas right to us." Layla responded with a reassuring smile.

Layla carefully made her way back towards the restrooms just before she entered the bathroom after making sure no one else saw her, she turned invisible and shielded her presence. She quietly slipped into the bathroom and heard the end of Flora's conversation make it clear that she was most definitely turning the three of them in she even had the gull to tell them to bring her, her money. Layla crept back to the door and locked it knowing no one would think much of it since quite of few of the local hooker used the restrooms to service their clients. She waited until Flora came out.

Flora finished up her call to Mr. Rodrigues she hadn't expected to get the head enforcer himself and was surprised when he came on the line. He had grilled her on how she knew the Barnes and she explained how they had stolen her Parvulus Scott. Once she convinced him that this wasn't a prank and that she really did know them he had promised her that his people would be there within twenty minutes and she would be justly rewarded.

She walked out of the stall with visions of how she would be spending her reward when she felt cold steel press against her throat. She heard a woman's voice whisper to her that if she tried to scream or resist she would be killed right where she stood. She couldn't believe her luck she had thought that Amelia had spotted her but Amelia turned back around and started making eyes with her mate again she thought she hadn't been recognized. She had left the table to prevent Amelia from getting a second look at her and when she got into the bathroom, she was sure she was safe and placed the call. "What do you want with me? I aint nobody," Flora stated in a weak whinny voice.

"I heard your conversation with Rodrigues and I know you reported us I even heard him tell you if we left to follow us. You are going to do exactly as I say or I swear I will kill you very slowly." Layla promised in a chillingly calm sickeningly sweet tone.

Flora knew she had to do as she was told or she wouldn't leave the bathroom alive. Her only hope was that Rodrigues' men would get there in time to save her. Layla had her arm tightly around Flora's waist while holding the knife to her throat as they walked out of the restroom. Layla did to make sure that Flora didn't try anything stupid like turning visible or yelling out in the middle of the crowd. As they were walking towards the door, she could see that Flora was looking for some way to get away but Layla was determined to make sure that didn't happen. She guided the two of them towards the dumpsters and her waiting friends the Barnes. Once they got close, she let the two of them come visible. "What are we going to do with her now?" Layla asked hoping that Amelia and Andrew would see reason and just kill her.

Amelia stood there for a minute or so thinking when she heard Andrew suggested they kill the bitch and be done with her. All of the sudden she had an idea that would not only take care of her but would serve as a warning that they weren't to be trifled with. "Allow me to rip every thought from the sorry bitches head and leave here as a warning for those who want to fuck with us." Amelia said with an evil smile. The fact that her eyes had gone black and were shinning was good indication that her baser side was in control.

"Y...you m... Mean t... That s...Shit is true. She can destroy my mind. Please have mercy on my and do not do that to me." Flora pleaded tears running down her face. Flora was afraid, hell she was scared almost out of mind. She fell to her knees and began to plead for mercy.

"You want mercy from me after you tried to turn my mate and myself into Rodrigues? You must be joking." Amelia sneered as she grabbed Flora by the hair and forced her to look into her eyes. Amelia eyes glowed brighter for a second.

Flora felt her head being pulled back by her hair and was forced to look into Amelia's eyes. She hadn't wanted to but as soon as she saw them, she couldn't look away She felt a tremendous amount of pressure in her head then she could feel her mind literally being ripped out of her brain. Her last thought was this couldn't be happening to me before everything went blank and everything that made the pile of flesh now lying on the ground Flora Anne Tamera was gone and all that was left was a vegetated hulk with no conscience thought. The only part of the brain that seemed to be working was the medulla, which is located in the brainstem.

Layla had heard that Amelia had the ability to destroy someone's mind but hadn't believed it. To say that she was impressed was an understatement. She looked down one last time and was still shocked to see the woman who had been pleading for mercy was now lying on the ground her eye fixed and dilated staring into space but seeing nothing. Her face was slackened and the only sound you could hear from her was her slow regular breathes. Layla had already tried to see if she could get her to respond with no success. She wanted to talk to Amelia more about what she had done but now wasn't the time. "We need to get out of here now," Layla urged. She watched as the Barnes followed her.

"We need to turn invisible and shield of presence and Andrew please call your contact and let him know about us having to move," she said as she turn invisible but willed herself to remain visible to both Andrew and Amelia. She noted that they had done the same. Unsure where they should go she headed them towards the center of town in hopes that it would throw off their Rodrigues' men knowing they would expect them to try to get as far away from the city as possible.