Amorous Goods: The Decision Maker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait. What?" Tom's brain was attempting to process what she had said at the same time he was on sensory overload from the sensations on his cock. Had she been out fucking last night? "Have you been out fucking?"

"Of course." She said. "That's the fun part of having kids is making them. I had a gang bang with these three college kids. Don't worry. They were all white. I wouldn't expect you to raise a baby that didn't look like you. Plus, because they were college kids the baby would be smart." She keep sliding up and down his softening prick. "That's why I wanted to give you a chance to be the father too. Maybe it will be yours, maybe it won't. Next time I can give you a chance to suck their cum out of me first if you like." She squeezed with her Kegels harder. "Come on, baby. Knock me up. Fill me with your sperm. Reclaim your slut."

Tom's penis got progressively softer as the reality of the situation sunk in. She had cheated on him. He had always thought she had a different idea of what that meant, but he had to admit that she was never going to change. He could marry her, he could raise a family with her, but she was never going to stop fucking around. Any kids they had might be his, but it was a crap shoot. This was his life with Sammi. This was what he had signed up for when he married her. Unexpectedly he heard the front door slam, and he startled awake.

<><><><><><><><><>

The slamming door jolted him. He looked up to see Dorothy standing in front of him. "What the hell is going on, Tom? You just walk away in the middle of our conversation and now you are accusing me of cheating. When's the last time you saw Sammi? Huh? You're just trying to ease a guilty conscience, aren't you?"

Tom looked at Dorothy. He saw her in a different way now. He no longer looked at her through loving eyes. He had seen a side of her that was always there, he just had chosen not to believe it. "We should stop seeing each other." He reached into his pocket and pulled out his key ring. He took the key to her apartment off the ring and set it on the table. "This is the key to your apartment. You should take it. I'd like my key back as well."

"What?!? Where did this come from? Who have you been talking to?" Dorothy got right up next to him. She was angry, but not what he would call hurt.

"There's just a few clothes at your place I should retrieve. You can grab your things now, or you can come back later, but I'd prefer to be here when you did. Can I have my key now? I know you have it since you just let yourself into my apartment."

"Just tell me what started all of this. I deserve a chance to defend myself from your crazy accusations." Dorothy countered.

"Key first." Tom insisted.

Dorothy paused. She reached for her key ring and fished his key off. She slammed it on the table next to the other key. "Happy?! Now tell me what brought this on."

Tom picked up the key. "Darling," he smoothly lied "You have made it clear that you want a commitment I'm not capable of giving. I just had to admit it to myself that I will never be able to provide for you the way that you need. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings, but I'm just being honest."

"But honey, we are so good together. Why would you throw away all that? What has gotten into you?"

"I just have a new perspective. That's all." He picked up Dorothy's key and handed it to her. "I'm really tired. I need to be alone right now. If there's anything from here that you need, grab it now or call me later. I can deliver it but right now I'd really like you to leave now."

"Can't we at least talk about this? How can you end it just like that?"

"It must be hard to have something like this dropped on you unexpectedly." Tom said without a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "We need to move on. You've got your job and your friends. Just let me go." With that he gently steered her out the door and closed it behind her.

He collapsed on the couch. What had he learned? If he married Dorothy he'd be a successful business man up until the point she took him for all money and forced him to raise another man's daughter. If he married Samantha there would be lots of sex, but she would screw any random guy she could find and he probably be raising someone else's child. Was there anyone out there for him? Could the Decision Maker help him out.

He pulled himself off the couch and went to the kitchen table. The Decision Maker was patiently sitting there as if waiting for Tom to make his move. He looked in the window where the phrase "Outlook not so good" was showing. He sat down and stared off into space. He could not ask who he should marry. He remembered that much from a Magic 8-Ball that you could only ask yes or no questions.

Here he was 26 years old. He was well employed and ready to settle down. But having been in a series of long term relationships, he didn't have many other prospects. He had his guy friends from college, but most of his female friends he either met through Dorothy or Sammi, neither of which had the type of friends he was interested in settling down with, especially now that he knew about Dorothy's true intentions.

He thought for a moment. He got up and used the toilet, washed his hands and did the dishes in the kitchen. He brushed his teeth and got into his pajamas. He was ready to go bed for the night, but he had one more question to ask. He sat on his bed, picked up the Decision Maker, shook it and asked, "Should I ever get married?" Then the exhaustion overwhelmed him, he laid down in the bed and drifted off.

<><><><><><><><><>

"Dad! Dad! Wake up."

"What? I wasn't sleeping. I was just resting." Tom opened his eyes. He was lying on a couch, but this wasn't his home. This was a hospital.

"You were snoring." his son John replied. "Anyway, the nurse came to say that Mom was coming out of surgery. The doctor is going to talk to us and then we can go wait with her until she comes out from under anesthesia."

Tom nodded. He felt tired. He tried to sit up, but his bones creaked underneath him. Damn, he felt old. Then he remembered, he was old. He was 79 years old. Sitting with him was his son John and his daughters, Laura and Emma. Emma's husband, Marcus, was there too. He had another son, William, in the Navy who was stationed on an aircraft carrier in the South Pacific and couldn't get home on such short notice. He had four children and nine grandchildren.

He let the memories wash over him. His wife was Elizabeth. He met her in college, but didn't interact with her much back then. She was two years behind him in school also majoring in accounting. She was taking some advanced courses early, which was how they ended up in the same class his senior year. She was quiet and incredibly smart. She was pretty but never felt pretty, so she stayed in the background. He saw her smile only once in the classroom, but her smile was so disarming it stunned him into silence.

It was years later when they were both hired by the same accounting firm. Actually, she had been working there for over a year before they finally ran into each other. Usually he went out for lunch with his office mates, but once day for no particular reason he brought his own lunch and ate in the lunch room. He recognized her from their class together and started talking. He started bringing lunch as a habit and eating with her. They found they had many things in common and their relationship bloomed from there.

"Mr. Thorson?" The doctor came into the room. Tom struggled to his feet. John came over to support him while Laura, Emma and Marcus gathered around. "Your wife is out of surgery and in recovery. She was stable during the surgery and should be able to talk as soon as she wakes up." The doctor was trying to be professional, but it was also clear he was trying to avoid giving us bad news. "We were able to remove the dead tissue from her stomach and seal the leaks that had formed. However, it was also apparent that cancer has spread to her pancreas. We removed as much of the necrosis as we could, but it is clear that it will continue to spread." He paused and took a deep breath. "I wish I had better news. At this point our focus will be on pain management. She might live another month, but it could be as little as a few days."

Tom started to weep. This diagnosis was not unexpected, but he had been hoping for good news. His son John wrapped his arms around him and drew him into a hug. He felt Laura touch his back while Emma turned to her husband Marcus for support. The doctor stood there patiently. After some time Tom turned to him. "Can we go see her?"

"Yes. She is in recovery. The nurse will take you to see her. I'll stop in later to check on her sutures and schedule a follow up visit. We can discuss options for further treatment at that time. I'll be in contact with her primary doctor to discuss a treatment plan."

A nurse spoke up, "This way." Tom thanked the doctor and slowly followed the nurse with his son at his side. His son was also a doctor, an emergency room doctor. He knew his way around any hospital, though he worked at a big research teaching hospital down in Texas. The family walked down the hall to her room and nurse led the family through her door. Tom looked at he wife as she lay there peacefully. He couldn't help but smile as he thought about the over fifty years they'd had together.

She had been a good wife, loving and supportive. She had been there when he started his own business. She ran the household so he could focus on the kids, while still working a little on the side to stay current in the field. She was smarter than he was, but he had the gift of gab and knew how to talk to the client. He readily admitted that their portfolios did so well because Ellie was the one picking the investments, but he knew how to put the clients at ease.

She had been there for him when his brother died in a car crash just two months after getting married. He had been there for her after that awful miscarriage at five months along for what would have been their third child. But they had stuck together through the good times and the bad. There had been a scary period after that bad stock market crash, where he was afraid he'd lose half his business, but they managed through. He remembered when he walked Emma down the aisle at her wedding and how much she looked like her mother.

He thought about how she always made time for him. Their sex life wasn't exciting or crazy, but it had been loving and consistent. Every night they fell asleep in each other's arms, until children started appearing in their bed. Even then she made time for him and let him know how much she valued him. He remembered the children asking him who was his favorite. He also answered the same way, "Your mother is my favorite, because you are all going to leave me someday, but she is going to stick around." And she had stuck around.

He walked over to her bedside and took Ellie's hand. Her eyes fluttered open slowly. She looked at her husband, smiled and relaxed. Suddenly one of the hospital machines started buzzing loudly. He turned to look at it, and woke up.

<><><><><><><><><>

Tom woke up in his own bed with his alarm going off. He had slept through the night and it was now Monday morning. He looked at the Decision Maker at his bedside. The window displayed the message "Definitely Yes." It made him smile and he agreed.

He got dressed and ready for work. Just for fun he shook the Decision Maker and asked "Should I pack my lunch today?" He had already made up his mind to do so, but he was curious to look ahead to what he had in store. However, the Decision Maker did not respond. There was no trance, no message in the window, nothing. He tried again and still nothing happened.

He went back to the kitchen and found the box which the device had been packaged in. On the back he read the instructions and the warning which clearly said "Only three questions per person." He sighed. Then he smiled and returned it to its box. He was pretty sure that his future children would all be able to make use of the Decision Maker when the time came. He put it back in its box and went about the task of packing his lunch for the day.

12