An Autumn Eve of Wintery Fire Pt. 02

Story Info
A further delve into a blooming passionate relationship.
6.7k words
4.33
1.9k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/28/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next several days saw Sid's work once again pile up and overwhelm him. Though his job took the majority of his thoughts and time, every now and then the thought of that woman would flood his mind. Eventually, after nearly ten days of waiting, it finally wore on him enough and he succumbed to his impatience. He picked up the note she'd left within the lipstick adorned note from his wooden coffee table. It retained her smell and brought him back to that fateful night as he typed away.

"Hey there Red," still unsure of the name to use when addressing her, "finally got a bit away from it all and figured I'd shoot you a message". He pressed send and waited patiently. It was early evening and so Sid decided to open his wine fridge, pour himself a nice Spanish red, and watch some tv in hopes of distracting him from his constant thoughts of her. After a bit, it just wasn't cutting it so he decided to grab his tablet and accumulate distractions.

He'd been scrolling through the news on his tablet for the better part of an hour when the onyx slab buzzed. Picking it up, he was dismayed to see that it was an employee's message updating him on a few IT related issues his team had been encountering. He sighed disappointingly and unlocked his phone. He sent a message explaining to have the appropriate department look into the issue. Yet, just as he placed the phone down next to him the phone buzzed once more.

Annoyed, he grabbed it expecting to send a more commanding reply so they would not bother him further but saw the name and smiled.

Winter's Embers

"Hey handsome, was worried I wouldn't get this message. Hope you are well. Been thinking of you 😉"

He thought about his reply for a moment, not wanting to sound too eager to meet up once again. He smiled, as the words began to flow.

"Oh really? Thinking about anything in particular?"

Within ten seconds another message flew in.

Winter's Embers

"Oh, just this and that. Hope I was in ur mind too."

The first thought was to tell her how she'd taken over every free moment in his mind but he played along.

"Of course, though work has been busy so haven't had much time to think about much else. But you've popped in once or twice..."

Winter's Embers

"Mmmm, glad to hear it. What are you doing tonight?"

"Finally free. Would you like to meet up for dinner?"

Winter's Embers

"Oh, I'd love to but tonight I'm swamped." She was teasing him and knew she had caught a hint of his impatience.

"Well, guess I'm just going to have to enjoy a tall glass of red without you then".

The next text took a while longer but was pleasantly surprised upon viewing the reply.

It was a picture of her staring at him with those chocolate sultry eyes smirking mischievously. She was clad in paint stained denim overalls and nothing else. The straps and front cover of the blue attire pushed just the slightest amount of her breasts out the sides. Though it was apparent she wasn't wearing any make-up, her natural beauty shone through retaining those smoky eyes and full red lips. Her pearlescent skin remained as smooth as porcelain, though the colorful splatters of paint here and there said she was something of an artist.

The feeling it conjured within him forced Sid to readjust himself. He typed away once again and clicked send.

"Well that piece of art deserves to be admired in only the finest of private collections."

Winter's Embers

"Well, if you're not too busy tomorrow maybe I can entice you out for an evening. A few friends are having something of a celebration. If you behave yourself, maybe you can accompany me."

He immediately typed yes but then retracted the statement. Work came flooding back and he knew he'd have to double his efforts to complete all the tasks the following day. He thought about it carefully, considering if it would be possible. However, he knew the effort would be well worth it just to see her in person once more.

"Tell me when and where and I'll do my best to make an appearance.

Sid."

Hoping the name would be generously greeted with the same, he sat back sipping his wine. A moment later, he felt the familiar shake once more.

Winter's Embers

"Giorgio's on 24th, 8:30. Hope to see you there.

♥ Autumn"

Sid knew the place she was speaking of. It was a new restaurant in the heart of the city, meaning getting there may be difficult. Not only would he have to double his efforts at work, he may not have enough time to return home in preparation as well. Yet, the name he'd finally been given was more than enough of a reward to instill confidence. Not wanting to sound too eager he took one final look at the picture she'd sent before locking his phone and tossing onto the wooden top in front of him with a thud.

He spent the rest of the evening working out exactly what he'd need to accomplish the next day and prepared some emails he knew he'd have to send to clients. By the time he had everything organized, it was late and figuring he'd need a proper rest for the day to come decided to try and get an early night.

While it had taken a while for him to fall into slumber, he awoke the next day emboldened and ready. He rushed his usual morning routine. He proceeded to exercise a bit faster than usual, rushed his morning shower, and made sure to leave a final few minutes to groom himself in case. Knowing he would have to avoid the congestion of morning traffic he decided against driving and proceeded to call an Uber so he could get started on work promptly.

The black Chrysler arrived just in time as he exited his building. He jumped into the back seat and proceeded to pull out his laptop and get started. The driver attempted some mild chitchat but once it was understood from his uninterested responses that he was in no mood for idle chat, he left Sid to focus.

Arriving at work earlier than he normally would, Sid proceeded to get started on the tasks at hand. An email here, a rejection of proposal there, he was on fire. Upon seeing this anxious demeanor, his employees also set to work with a bit more pep in their step than they normally would. There was an odd look into the window of his office here and there, but none dared break Sid's concentration today. By noon, the lunch lull began, and the office grew quiet.

Sid knew that if he were to make his deadline, lunch would have to be a forgone conclusion. Fortunately, his personal assistant Janet brought him a salad purchased from one of the vendors downstairs which he consumed to satiate his hunger. As people began to come back from lunch, they began to return to their cubicles and get back to work still nervous.

Seeing this effect, Janet opened the door breaking the silence consuming his office and stealing his attention slightly from the PowerPoint he'd worked so tirelessly on. "Is everything ok Sid? People are a bit worried this all might have to do with the Wilson contract coming up." It was here where he finally glanced toward his worried workforce focused on their tasks and saw the effect he'd had on them. Approaching his late thirties and being one of the youngest in management made him a bit more brash and hungry in his company. He knew if he allowed Autumn's effects on him to trickle too much into his daytime job, it would eventually bleed into affecting his entire team. A sense of guilt hit him that his own wants were negatively impacting the more than twenty individuals in his team.

Sid looked at the woman, somewhere in her mid forties with a kind face and wearing a dull yellow dress. He smiled and calmly spoke, "No, nothing to fear. I just have a lot on my plate today. Do me a favor and order some of those cakes from that shop everyone likes for the team." She smiled kindly and closed the door calmly and silently.

As she left, Sid stole a glance outside seeing them looking to her for a signal. While he couldn't see her face, it clearly had a positive effect with a few sighing and others starting to chat a bit. It was around two o' clock when the cakes arrived being delivered in their pink paper boxes that people really began to perk up. He knew it would probably cost him a bit more than he should spend at the moment yet considering the work everyone put in unbeknownst to them for his own gain, Sid was happy to do this at the very least.

People moved from their desks to their small pantry and the office began to spur into delighted chatter. Janet once again entered the office with the tiniest strawberry delight on a paper plate, smiling and placing it on his desk. His head was a bit light from the lack of a proper meal and his stomach growled in anticipation of the sugary sweet. Despite this, he continued his focus.

About an hour later, the pleasant smell had permeated the air within his enclosed space and assaulted his senses. He finally decided a break was warranted and went to devour the airy delight. Just as his finger touched the creamy frosting on top, his phone rattled on his desk.

Knocking the strawberry carefully placed on top in his excitement, he snatched the phone up and unlocked it. Autumn had sent him a message and he opened it.

"Can't wait for tonight. Got a little surprise for you... ♥😉"

Following this was a picture of a small black box with a small pink bow in the top right corner on a glass table. What could be in the box was an utter mystery and intrigue filled his mind. With his other hand, he picked up the cake and began to devour it. All the while, staring intensely at the shot of the box wondering what it could be.

Around 5:30, people began to get up and prepare to get ready. While he'd taken a few more peeks at the pic, the final few hours saw Sid finish up his final few tasks. He had one final meeting with the other managers surrounding the upcoming Wilson contract and he would finally be free. He was exhausted. Exiting his office for the first time that day for something other than the few bathroom breaks he'd taken, he heard Janet speak.

"Do you need me to stay?" Janet asked. Always pleasant, it pained Sid to say that he may need her to take some files home with her after the meeting and that regrettably she would have to stay for just a while longer. She nodded understandingly and handed him the leather portfolio file he would need in the coming meeting. Looking inside at the work that had been done today, he was impressed by the quality and extensiveness produced by his team. He knew he would have to reward them again for this, but that was later.

He entered the meeting with all department heads surrounding the Wilson contract. He used his final ounces of energy to remain focused and enthusiastic throughout. A few compliments were awarded to him and his team's work after his presentation and then it drew to a conclusion. With the meeting over, people left out into the mostly vacant offices, some chatting about what plans they had for the evening.

Knowing he was pressed for time; he returned to his office to grab his belongings and saw Janet sat at the desk awaiting his return. He thanked her for her time and said apologetically that no further work would be required on her part. A few late-night workers remained, typing away slowly and drearily. Janet and he walked out together past reception and into the floor's foyer where they stepped into the lift.

Sid took this moment to peek at the picture once more, hoping it would grant him the energy to continue this evening when he heard Janet gasp slightly. He shot her a look, locking the phone and placing it into his pocket. She blushed and looked away, pretending not to have seen anything though it was obvious. She looked briefly at him and his confused look and smiled knowingly only to look away from him once more. He could see her processing whether she should say anything and, if so, what it should be.

"Fun date tonight?" she questioned holding back a smile.

"Uhhhh, yeah... Met someone the other night and I'm going out for dinner."

She clearly knew what it was but was too embarrassed to say anything further. Just as he was about to enquire further, the bell rung and the doors slid open.

"Well, have fun. Bye!" And with that she was gone. Sid was interested and confused before, but now he was utterly dumb founded and wholly intrigued. Pulling the phone out once more, he looked at the time seeing it was nearing seven thirty, indicating he'd be somewhat tardy to the event. He called an Uber once again and decided a small nap would be in order.

Waking just before arriving, the slumber brought with it a bit of vigor. Arriving approximately 20 minutes late, he was late but not terribly so. Taking a quick moment to apply a bit of an oaky cologne from within his bag, he tipped the driver generously for the ride and exited the vehicle. He took one look at his reflection in the restaurant's front window to ensure he didn't look dishevelled and proceeded to enter. The entrance was dim and smelled of roasted delights. The host warmly greeted him asked him if he had a reservation.

Sid thought for a moment, realizing he hadn't asked for what the party name the party would be under. "Ummmm, Autumn. I believe they are here with a party of people for an event." The host nodded and called someone to take him into the restaurant.

The waiter guided Sid through the restaurant and through the kitchen doors. The rush of the bustling kitchen busy cooking up a storm clamored as he followed the waiter through the intensely hot room. Along the prep station ran a long mirror on the facing wall which ended in a door. Opening it revealed a kitchen side table with a front row to view to the chefs preparing meals whilst ten people laughed and chatted away.

Sat near the end with an empty seat next to her was Autumn laughing as though a joke had just been told. Her garment was much more upscale and subdued than he'd expected. With a magenta strip wrapping neatly round her neck holding up the backless sleeveless dress, and a large black belt in the center gripping to her curvaceous hips, he assumed this to be an event for colleagues. Immediately up seeing him, she waved excitedly and called for him to sit next to her. Suddenly, he could feel all eyes on him as he smiled and proceeded to enter waving awkwardly.

Next to the elderly man with thick glasses at the head of the table sat the two friends he'd momentarily seen the other night. Finally getting more of a glimpse than he had previously, he could see one that appeared to be of Nordic descent with full cheerful cheeks and long curly blonde hair. The other, was a bit more exotic, possibly of Japanese heritage with long silky black tied in a pony tail. Their instant recognition of him caused them to smile, wave, and then quietly whisper amongst themselves.

"Guys, this is Sid. I hope you'll all treat him kindly as he is my date for the evening." Upon this notice, everyone immediately cheered his entrance, welcoming him and telling him to sit. Taken aback, he swallowed his worries down and moved to the chair next to Autumn. She looked at him with apologetic eyes for just a moment and proceeded to introduce everyone to him. He shook hands with each of them, thanking them for having him at this foray.

Once situated, the chatting began once again and Autumn turned to him and whispered quietly.

"Sorry, we had planned just a few work mates to have an evening but then one thing led to another and now here we are." She grabbed his arm hugging him for a moment, that vanilla and floral smell washing over him and his mind began to wander. Soon, the chat turned to him asking what he did and so on. He explained he was in investment management, so mostly dealt with deciphering research and making recommendations to clients with high expectations. However, he refrained from telling them that through his work experience, he'd learned the art of persuasion and thus found his groove within the group as talk back to their work began to run its course.

Sid learned Autumn was in art dealing and restoration, being somewhat of a protégé to the elderly man sitting at the head of the table. Tonight, had been in celebration of a successful art exhibition they'd managed to finalize. They all gabbed about until the exquisite meal began to arrive.

Famished, Sid would have eaten anything, but instead he was treated to a luxurious meal of the finest type. From fresh Mediterranean oysters, to the creamiest risotto he'd ever had. Each dish was more divine than the last. He hid his hunger well, casually dining and discussing their art topics to the best of his knowledge. The entire time, Autumn engaged with him, helping him when needed. Every now and then, she'd sneak a hand and rub his inner thigh bringing ravenous thoughts into his mind, reminding him that he was in her thoughts.

Just before the main course arrived, Autumn excused herself. Her two friends explained they would join her. Pulling out her seat and moving to let her pass, she shot Sid a glace into her inner thoughts. Through her coffee colored eyes, they screamed desire. He smiled as they exited and sat once more.

All eyes were on him once more. The man at the head of the table made inquiries first.

"So Sid, Autumn has taken quite the liking to you. Have you known her long?"

The compatriots looked at him intensely. Understanding the situation he was in, he thought carefully about the words he should use. He ensured to put forth himself calmly and composed himself to his regular confident demeanor.

"No, we met just recently. But she made quite the first impression and I wanted to see her again. We started chatting and she asked if I could come to an event with her. Apologies for any intrusion into this work event on my part. Also, for the business attire, but work was a bit more demanding than I'd expected today." As he said this, Sid brushed his clothes once more to ensure they didn't look too well worn.

Sid couldn't tell them straight out that his extent of her before this evening was little more than the most passionate night they'd spent together last week. However, he was truly interested in seeing her again and hoped that translated through his voice. The polite response and honest tone he expressed did some to ease tensions.

The older man looked at him seriously for a moment, then eased a bit. "Well, you might not have art in your veins son, but you be sure to treat Autumn right. Diligence is might be suitable for work, but you make sure to remain honest and thoughtful as well." This was clearly a warning, and though he'd passed their first test, Sid knew it would not be the last.

A few other inquiries were made as to Sid's ambitions and family life, though he remained truthful and sincere. Eventually the conversation returned to the more cheerful attitude it had been previously and a few jokes were made.

By the time the girls returned, chuckles and chiming of glasses were being thrown about all around. Standing once again, the table welcomed their return as the dinner continued forward once more. Sitting, Autumn smiled at him mischievously. He knew something was planned.

The head chef came into the room presenting trays with the most mouth-watering baked salmon on beds of asparagus with sides of arugula salad. Waiters presented each with their dish, placing it in front of each person. They thanked the chef and began to dig in. At that moment, Sid couldn't decide which was more pleasant; Autumn's floral perfume or the pink morsel sat in front of him. The minute the pink flakey fish touched his tongue, the freshness of the dish was outstanding. It was as if it had been caught not more than an hour prior, with hints of rosemary and lemon zest filling his palate. Everyone was enamoured and chiming about the meal when under the table he felt Autumn tap her hand to his leg.

She was holding something and wishing to pass it to him. With fork in his right hand, Sid slid his hand down inconspicuously and Autumn placed an object into his palm. She returned her attention to the members surrounding the table and began chatting. Opening his palm revealed glossy black ovular object with a long crease down the center.

12