An Interview with Superman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He flashed that big grin at me. "Anyway, on Tuesday I decided to act like Superman instead of like myself. So after lunch I went to her office and handed her the manuscript. After she told me to stop wasting her time, I said, "Mrs. Grissom, just take this home and read the first couple of chapters. If I really have wasted your time, then you should fire me, because I obviously don't have the right talent for this job.'"

I tried not to show a reaction, but my guts clinched. What Alex was describing was the sort of thing I'd often dreamed about, because I'd always wanted to be a serious writer. I'd even written a novel, but I'd never tried to submit it anywhere because I knew it wasn't good enough.

To cover my envy, I said, "You didn't really do that, did you, Alex? I know how much you like your work – you're taking a huge risk."

He gave me a wry grin. "Maybe so, but I really believe in this, and I decided it was better to take a risk than always be afraid of failure."

"So what happened?" I wanted to know.

"Nothing, yet," he said. "Mrs. Grissom went out of town and won't be back till Friday."

"Omigod," I said, "I'd be a nervous wreck waiting to find out what she thinks."

"That's why I wanted to have lunch with you today: so I'd have something more pleasant on my mind."

I blushed in spite of myself. I knew it was just flattery, but it made me feel good anyway. And then he said something that made me feel even better.

"There's another reason I wanted to see you today. This Saturday, one of the big online booksellers is holding a fancy cocktail party for the publishing industry. All of us are supposed to go, and I'd really like you to come with me."

"You want me to be your date?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah, if you're not in a relationship and you'd like to come."

"No, I mean, no, I'm not in a relationship. What I mean is yes, I'd be glad to go with you," I stuttered.

"Great," he said, and handed me a copy of the invitation. "Here are all the details. Why don't I meet you there in the lobby at 8:00?"

I nodded because I seemed to be having difficulty speaking. To cover my awkwardness, I glanced at my watch. "Oh, wow, I need to get back to work."

Alex nodded and began to crane his neck, looking for our waitress to bring our check. But instead, the owner saw him and came over to our table. "It's not often we have a superhero dine with us," he smiled. "Your lunch is on the house."

Alex stood and thanked him warmly; then they embraced like men do and we headed for the door.

"That was amazing," I told Alex, "I've never seen a restaurant comp a lunch tab like that before."

"You need to go out with superheroes more often," he said with a wink.

Alex walked me back to my office, waving and nodding to strangers who spoke to him along the way. When we got to the building entrance he said, "Thank you for the wonderful article, and thank you for having lunch with me." Then, before I could respond, he leaned over and gave me a little kiss on the lips. As I stood there in surprise, he turned to leave. "Don't forget about Saturday night," he said with a smile, and then he was gone.

"What just happened?" I asked myself as I slowly made my way back to my desk. The rest of the afternoon I had trouble focusing on my work.

On Saturday I couldn't believe how nervous I felt getting ready for the cocktail party. "You're acting like you're getting ready for the senior prom," I scolded myself, but then I remembered that I hadn't actually gone to my senior prom because I didn't have a date.

Anyway, I pulled out my best little black dress and the black ankle-straps with heels that were higher than I remembered. Checking myself out in the mirror, I wished for umpteenth time that I was a little bigger on top, but I felt like my legs looked pretty good, so I finally decided that I would do.

Terri came in to give me a final check. She circled me silently, then stopped in front of me with an approving nod. "Have a good time, sweetie, but take care of yourself," she said solemnly.

"Yes, Fairy Godmother," I said with a grin, "I promise I'll be home before midnight."

She just shook her head, but I thought I saw a trace of a smile on her face.

The event was being held at the Waldorf-Astoria, and I splurged on a cab because I didn't want to get all sweaty in the subway. When I entered the lobby, I didn't spot Alex at first, but then a knot of people parted and there he was, resplendent in his Superman suit. I had just assumed that for an important event like this he would dress in a normal suit and tie or even a tuxedo, but I decided that if he was brave enough to go in costume, I could be brave enough to go with him.

As soon as he spotted me, he came rushing over. "I've never seen you in a dress before. You look amazing!" he said, and even though I knew he was just being nice, it still felt good to hear him say it.

We took the elevator to the Empire Room, which was already crowded with a throng of people busily eating, drinking and chatting. Nevertheless, an instant buzz went through the room when Alex and I walked in, and before he and I could find something to drink, we were surrounded by people asking questions and making conversation.

It was fascinating to see the way these supposedly sophisticated people reacted to Alex in his Superman costume, and once again I was impressed with how easily he dealt with perfect strangers. But it would have been nice if the two of us could have had a chance to spend some time by ourselves. I guess that's what happens when you're with a celebrity, and I had to remind myself that I was at least partially responsible for his notoriety.

Just then, three people about our age came running over and began to chatter eagerly with Alex, teasing him about something that had happened at work. I held back so he could talk with his friends, but he grabbed me around the waist and gently pulled me to him.

"Hey, everybody," he said, "this is Elle Finn, my date. She's also the reporter who wrote the story in The Times." He turned to me. "These are the people I've been telling you about in my office. This is Jacob and Tommy and Marie," he told me, introducing them one by one.

As I shook hands with the two guys, I noticed that they both took the opportunity to check me out, which made me feel good. But when I shook hands with Marie, I thought I saw a hint of jealousy in her eyes. "I bet she was hoping that Alex would ask her to go with him," I thought, and felt a little smug that I was the one on his arm.

After a few more minutes of conversation, the three of them waltzed off to the hors d'oeuvres table to refresh their plates, and I seized the opportunity to pull Alex to one side. "So what was all that about something big happening at your office," I asked.

"Oh, gosh, I almost forgot to tell you the big news. Mrs. Grissom called me into her office today, and I was sure she was going to give me the axe. But instead, she told me she loved the manuscript I gave her. She thinks it has real potential!"

"That's wonderful, Alex!" I said excitedly. "I can't believe it – your gamble paid off."

"And that's not all," he went on, "she told me she really admired my initiative and my willingness to take a risk. She said that was the kind of senior editor they need. So instead of getting fired, I got a promotion and a big raise!"

"Oh, Alex, congratulations!" I exclaimed, and threw my arms around him. He returned my embrace, and it felt really good until I suddenly felt him stiffen.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's Glenda, my ex," he said in a low voice. "She's coming this way. And that's Connor James with her. He's the guy she was cheating with."

"Why are they here?" I asked.

"I should have guessed she'd be here, but I didn't even think about it," he said. "Her firm does a lot of legal work with the publishing industry."

I turned to see a pretty blonde woman in an evening gown, accompanied by a man in a tuxedo. The scowl on her face made her look like she had eaten something sour. She didn't wait to reach us before she began speaking in an angry voice.

"I can't believe you would show up at an event like this wearing that stupid Halloween costume, Alex! You're making a complete fool of yourself."

Alex folded his arms across his chest, and I could see the tension in his posture. "Why are you so upset, Glenda? What do you care what I choose to wear?"

"You look ridiculous in that padded suit, and it's embarrassing to me for you to be here looking like that with all these important people."

"It's too bad you're embarrassed, but I'll wear what I want to wear, whether you like it or not," Alex said, and then added, "And for your information, the suit is not padded."

Reflexively, Glenda reached out and touched his bicep, then jerked her hand away in wide-eyed embarrassment when she realized what she had done. Clearly trying to change the subject, she glanced over at me.

"You haven't introduced me to your little companion for the evening," she said tartly.

"I beg your pardon," he said in a sarcastic tone of voice. "Glenda Preston, allow me to introduce Elle Finn. She's the reporter for The New York Times who wrote the story about me in the Sunday magazine."

She looked at me with a sneer. "How appropriate," she said, "a junior editor at a publishing house and a reporter for a newspaper: two losers from two dying industries." Then, before either of us could react, she grabbed her date's arm and said loudly, "Come on, Connor, let's get out of here."

Alex started to stalk after her, but I grabbed his arm. "Please don't make a scene, Alex," I begged. "Who cares what she thinks?"

For a second I thought he was going to pull away from me and go after her, but then his muscles relaxed. "Okay, Elle, I'll let it go. It's just that she has a way of getting to me. I've hardly seen or spoken to her since she walked out, and I thought she couldn't upset me any more. Then, in less than two minutes she insults me and you, and there's nothing I can do about it."

I didn't want to ask but I couldn't stop myself from voicing my fears. "Do you still have feelings for her, Alex?" I asked.

He was startled. "Oh, God, no! It's not that at all. I guess what upsets me so much is that she was the one who screwed around, she was the one who lied and walked out on me, and I'm the one who feels bad. Then she suddenly appears tonight and acts as though everything is my fault. And there's nothing I can do about it."

It was clear that he was still hurt by what had happened, but I felt better that he wasn't still hung up on Glenda. I tried to divert his attention by talking about his work and my own. We stayed and circulated, me drinking champagne, him drinking soda water, and the two of us eating enough hors d'oeuvres to make a meal. We even went out on the floor and danced a little, and both of us began to feel better. Finally, Alex leaned over and told me, "I'm ready to go if you are." When I nodded, he escorted me downstairs and we grabbed a waiting cab. "I can afford one of these more often now," he said with a little smile.

As we rode down to my apartment, I thought about what had happened tonight. I really liked Alex and admired him in so many ways. At the same time, I realized that he'd been badly wounded by what Glenda had done. He'd told me that before, but tonight I got to see first-hand what a hold she still had on him. "What a bitch!" I thought angrily, and wished there were something I could do to help. I was beginning to feel very protective of this contradictory man who was both strong and weak at the same time. Perhaps because of that, or just because a little of the courage from his Superman suit was rubbing off on me, when we reached my place I asked him if he'd like to come up for a little while. He looked at me solemnly and said, "Yes, very much so."

As I unlocked the door to my darkened apartment, I whispered, "My roomie is probably asleep, so we'll have to be quiet." But when I reached for the light switch, his big hand covered mine to stop me. Then he swept me up in his arms like I weighed nothing. "Which one is your bedroom?" he asked, and all I could do was point.

Truthfully, this was what I'd hoped for when I invited him in, but I hadn't expected him to read my mind so well nor to take charge so completely. But now I was glad he had done so.

He laid me on my bed gently, and then his mouth was on mine and his tongue was searching and teasing my own. I was startled to discover I was panting. In no time at all my clothes had disappeared, and I was glad for the semi-darkness. Then his costume came off, and I marveled at the musculature I could see in the dim light.

Now he was beside me and his lips and fingers were everywhere, first caressing and soothing me, then building a sense of urgency that threatened to overwhelm me. My nipples are longer than average, and they're very sensitive. His fingers sought them out and began to rub and twist them gently, driving me wild.

I certainly wasn't a virgin, but the sexual experiences I'd had to date had been pretty unsatisfying. So even though I had wanted this to happen, I was surprised at the intensity of the sensations and my emotions. I closed my eyes and let him do whatever he wanted, enjoying every second of it.

Suddenly my eyes popped open when I realized he was kneeling between my legs and licking the insides of my thighs. Involuntarily, my hips lifted; then I was startled when his tongue ran over the lips of my vagina. None of my other lovers had done such a thing. Of course I'd touched myself with my fingers there many times, but the sensation of his tongue was so different and – oooh! -- so much better.

I normally try not to make too much noise, but in spite of myself I groaned out loud as his probing mouth brought intense pleasure. I found myself raising my legs and wrapping them around his broad shoulders, using my heels on his back to lever myself up toward the lips and tongue that were driving me crazy. I heard myself moaning, "Oh!, oh!, oh!, oh!" as the inner tension kept building; then suddenly I cried out as the sensations reached an incredible peak, and I fell back on the bed. "Omigod," I thought, "it was never that intense when I touched myself. That must have been a real orgasm!"

As I lay there with my eyes closed, my body luxuriating in the quivers still running through my vagina, I felt his fingers gently caressing me, and I was embarrassed by how wet I was. Then, to my surprise I felt the tension slowly beginning to build in me again. Just as I was about to say something, I felt his body shift, and now he was looming over me. His penis ran between the lips of my vagina, and when it rubbed across my clitoris, I shuddered and moaned at the sensation.

Then he pulled back and his penis slipped inside me in a long, slow motion that filled me wonderfully. He lifted my legs and began to stroke in and out of me in a smooth, pulsing motion, and I heard myself start to whimper again. When his penis pressed inward, I felt exquisite pressure on my clitoris, and now there came a new sensation as the head rubbed against my inner walls. Once again his fingers found my nipples, and it felt as though an electric current was flowing between them and my vagina.

The build-up was slower this time, maybe because I'd already had one orgasm, but it continued to grow stronger and stronger, and my body began to rock and arch in time with his, stretching to intensify the sensations. "Oh, please, don't stop, please, don't stop, don't stop," I began to chant, completely forgetting about my roommate and everything else. Then I was pulling at his back and thrusting my hips up at him, crying "Now, now, please now!" as the sensations overwhelmed me.

I collapsed on the bed, shuddering as the spasms kept coursing through my vagina. Alex continued to drive himself into me faster and faster until he gave a loud groan and pushed himself as deep as he could, triggering yet another spasm in me. Then, after a few more thrusts he collapsed on me, and his weight felt good as we clung to each other.

Finally, he rolled to one side. His big hand reached out to brush the hair out of my face, and there was a tender, questioning look on his face. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Was that good?"

I was still in a daze and couldn't think clearly to choose my words well. All I could say was, "It was super!" He laughed, and when I realized what I'd said, I began laughing too. We clung to each other and eventually drifted off to sleep.

When I awoke in the morning, I reached over for him, but his side of the bed was empty. Dismay swept over me at the thought that he had snuck out, but before I could begin to feel sorry for myself, he reappeared through the door, and I realized he must have had to use the bathroom. I felt relieved and happy as he crawled back under the sheet beside me and proceeded to fall asleep again.

After a while I got up and took a quick shower before making some coffee and starting breakfast. I heard the shower running again and I figured he was up as well. Sure enough, he appeared shortly, giving me a grateful smile as he smelled the food.

I had just fixed him a plate when my roommate's door opened and she appeared in her robe and slippers. "Alex," I said, "this is my roommate, Terri Feldman. Terri, this is Alex Stevenson." They shook hands, and after she poured herself a cup of coffee, she sat down and continued to stare at Alex so intently that he couldn't help but notice. "I guess you're not used to seeing someone wearing a Superman costume," he said good-naturedly.

"No," she said, "I'm not used to seeing my roomie bring home a man."

Alex chuckled while I blushed in embarrassment.

Sunday was a rainy day, and since Terri had to go out, I asked Alex if he could stay for a while. He agreed and we spent the morning sitting on the couch, reading the Sunday paper. I began to feel warm and domestic. Warning signals were going off in my head, but I ignored them because I was enjoying myself so much.

After a while Alex put down the paper and turned to me. "So what's the deal with your roommate? She seems a lot older than you. Are you two related?"

"No," I laughed, "although she sometimes acts like my mother. She sort of adopted me at work, and when my old boyfriend kicked me out of his apartment, she invited me to move in with her. Terri's been watching out for me ever since."

He nodded. After another couple of minutes, he spoke up again. "I just realized: you already know all about me," he said. "How about letting me hear your story?"

I poured myself another cup of coffee and began.

There's really not that much to tell. I was something of a tomboy growing up. In addition to not being attracted to feminine things, I was late to fill out, so the boys in high school pretty much ignored me. But that didn't bother me much because I'd developed an interest in writing. Instead of socializing I threw myself into working for the high school newspaper and the annual.

By the time I hit college, I had gotten my figure and some of the male undergrads started hitting on me. But I was pretty shy, thanks to my lack of experience, and most of the guys weren't patient enough to wait for me to get comfortable with them. Once again I wound up spending most of my spare time writing. In addition to the college paper, I tried writing the Great American Novel --unsuccessfully, I might add. Although I didn't date much, I did have one pretty intense romance, but the guy broke my heart during my senior year when he dumped me for someone else.

When I got out of college, I managed to wangle a job at my hometown newspaper. While I was there I did some reporting that earned me a good reputation. So when I applied for a job at the Times, they must have liked what I'd done because I got the job. When my boyfriend at the time dumped me, Terri took me under her wing, and that's pretty much my story.

Alex and I hung around my apartment all afternoon, and we wound up making love again. It was every bit as good as the first time.