An Intrigue for Romance

Story Info
A historic English romance results from a royal intrigue.
2.2k words
4.44
1.9k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

An Intrigue for Love

Veena gave Christian a nod of acknowledgement that she saw him. She turned and went back into the cottage. She thought, "How long had he been staring at her? She used to be able to sense his presence, but perhaps not any longer. Focus! You are here to help the queen prove that the king's new mistress is unfaithful and a danger to the kingdom. Maybe Christian could help her. She had heard rumors that insinuated that he was a member of a group of men who acted as undercover agents in service to the king. She could ask."

Veena went to her room to tidy herself. She combed her long golden hair and arranged it into a stylish updo. She changed from her work dress to one of her finer dresses of sage green with a golden petticoat. She powdered her face and rouged her lips. She had secretly had a crush on Christian for years, but circumstance after circumstance had kept them from pursuing anything between them.

Veena crossed the lane to pay Mr. Williams a visit. His housekeeper showed her up to his study. She knocked on the door hoping she wasn't interrupting his work.

"Come in," Christian responded.

Veena entered the room and Christian looked spellbound. Veena blushed.

Christian said, "Veena, what a lovely surprise! Please, come in and have a seat. Tea?"

"Please don't go any trouble on my part."

"No trouble, this pot was just brought up to me." Contrary to social norms, Christian poured her a cup and asked how she liked it.

"Cream please. I actually came to see you about a matter of great import."

"Please, I'm at your service."

"Well, you know I am close to the Queen. She is worried that the King's new mistress is more than she appears. I don't know if you know this, but Miss Elenor was a paramour of the French Duke of Lyon. Does it not seem strange that she went from the French to the English court and immediately became the King's mistress?"

"Hmm. It is certainly worth consideration. Do you have any specific concerns?"

"Well, since the King doesn't have an heir, if Miss Elenor were to give him a child, it could be put forward as his successor. A successor whose mother has possible alliances to the French king.

Christian pondered aloud, "I wonder how we can reveal Miss Elenor's motives."

"You're a very attractive man. Would you be opposed to showing her an interest to get close to her?"

"How close would you like for me to get?"

Veena blushed and was embarrassed for asking so much of him.

"Veena, would you be opposed to showing an interest in her brother? He accompanied her to court and might be a useful source of information."

"Well, I could do that, within certain limits."

"Of course, Veena. I know you are a virtuous lady. Meanwhile, it would be good to suggest to the king to use French envelopes when he is interacting with Lady Elenor."

"That's a good idea, but perhaps he desires an heir no matter where it comes from."

"Leave it to me. I'll try to discover what the king's thoughts are around Miss Elenor. There is a soiree at the castle tomorrow night. Were you planning on attending?"

"Yes, of course. I suppose you will be there as well?"

"Yes, may I escort you, Veena?"

"Yes. That would be nice. Thank you."

"My pleasure."

"I must be going. Thank you for your time and willingness to find the truth in this matter."

"Thank you for coming to me with this. I'll see you out."

When Veena left his home, Christian smiled. He had already known of the situation before Veena's visit. His agency was already working on discovering the truth. But Veena's plea for help pleased him. He had wanted to pursue her for some time, but various obstacles always intervened. Now was his chance to become better acquainted with Veena.

The following evening Christian called on Veena to escort her to the palace. She was lovely in a rich emerald green dress that modestly showed her ample bosom. He was a long-time admirer of Veena and her breasts. Her fair complexion, golden hair and green eyes had always drawn his attention. Tonight, she was a beautiful vision. He hated the idea of Veena getting close to Miss Elenor's brother, but supposed it was impossible to keep her out of the investigation at this point. He would keep her safe though.

At the ball, Christian escorted Veena around the room. Heads turned at the attractive couple they made. Once Christian saw Miss Elenor's brother, the Marquis Pirou, he steered Veena over to introduce her.

"Ah, Marquis Pirou, may I introduce you to Miss Veena of Hazelwood. She has been friend of my family for many years."

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Miss Veena. Would you like to dance?"

Veena accompanied Pirou to the dance floor. Christian sought out a collegue who might know more about Miss Elenor and her association with the king. Dalziel was telling Christian that he thought the association was probably more of the king trying to gain information about Louis, the French king than about a romantic liaison.

Still, Christian would ask Miss Elenor to dance to see if she was open to conversing with him more. He asked her to dance and she was most amenable. Afterward he took her to the terrace that overlooked the gardens. While conversing with her, Christian heard Veena's distressed voice.

Quickly, Christian excused himself to Miss Elenor and followed the sound of Veena's voice. Garden path after garden path led him to her. When he found her, she was trying to fight off Pirou's embrace. Christian flew into a rage and attacked Pirou. Pirou ripped Veena's bodice when he was thrown to the ground by Christian. Christian punched him several times until he was unconscious. He turned to Veena to find her desperately trying to cover her exposed breasts. She was in tears and she turned from Christian to hide her exposure. Being the consummate gentleman, Christian took off his jacket and wrapped her in it.

He put his arm around her small waist and hurried her to the side of the castle where the carriages were. He helped her into his carriage and gave the order to return them to her home. Christian held her in the carriage as she cried.

"The French pig will pay for this. How dare he touch you."

Christian held Veena and patted her back while telling her that she was safe now. Veena threw her arms around his neck and cried. Christian swallowed hard. All he could feel was Veena's large breasts pressed to his chest. Only in his wildest dreams had he imagined this moment.

Christian continued to run his hands up and down her back in an attempt to soothe her. She hugged him tighter and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you, Christian. I...You..."

Christian gazed into her eyes and saw a pleading look. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. It appeared that she wanted him to kiss her. He waited to see if she would change her mind. In that moment, Veena kissed him. It was a tentative kiss, but one that sparked Christian's passion.

Christian gained control of his passion knowing that Veena would regret taking things further. However, he wanted to talk with her about this attraction, but not in a carriage.

"Veena, would you mind coming into my house for a conversation. Your parents surely won't be expecting you home this early."

Veena knew that they needed to talk. She thought that maybe he didn't feel the same as she felt. "Alright, I suppose we should talk."

When they arrived outside of her home, they crossed the lane to his house. He led her into the parlor and asked the housekeeper for some tea.

"First of all, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm a little shaken by Marquis Pirou's behavior, but you prevented anything from happening."

"Thank goodness for that," Christian replied with all the relief he felt.

Veena tried to keep the conversation on a less emotional note. "Did you find anything out tonight. Is the king besotted with Miss Elenor?"

"I spoke to one of my collegues and he was certain that the king was using Miss Elenor to gain information about king Louis. You may convey that thought to the queen. She may gain some piece of mind from that."

"I will. I'm sure that she will find relief in that. After all this time, she still loves him very much."

Christian was a romantic at heart. "True love never goes away."

Veena was surprised at his remark. She thought to herself, "Does he have any idea that I have loved him over all these years?"

The housekeeper brought in the tea. "Thank you Mrs. Beale. You may retire for the night. We won't be needing anything else."

"Yes, sir."

Christian sat on the sofa with Veena.

"I'm really relieved that you are alright. Had I known he was a lecherous villain I wouldn't have suggested that you talk with him.

"You couldn't have known. I'm afraid that there are men who wouldn't normally act that way, but they become fixated on my...."

"I'm sure. I'm sorry that you have to endure unwanted advances because of your beauty."

"It's as if they can't see me as a person."

"Well, I see the beautiful person you are. I knew you before your body became so curvaceous. I've thought of you often over the years. I still remember the closeness we shared when we were younger."

"I think of those days as well. I've never met a man that I liked or trusted as much."

Christian was pleased by her affection, but wondered if she merely liked him for a friend. "When I saw you were home from university, I was hoping we might rekindle our close relationship. I nearly lost my mind when I saw Pirou's hands on you."

Veena reached out and placed her hand on top of Christian's.

Christian raised her hand to his lips and kissed it. Veena felt the tenderness behind this gesture. She started to tear up and turned her head to hide her emotions. Christian saw this and handed her his handkerchief.

"Veena, please don't be upset. I'm sorry. I'll behave. I was just given hope by your kiss in the carriage. I should have known you were merely grateful for my assistance with Pirou."

"Christian, I don't feel grateful. I mean I do, of course, feel gratitude. But I feel more than that."

Christian raised his hand to cup her face while he leaned in to gently kiss Veena. Veena responded to his kiss and deepened it. They were both swept up into a whirlwind of emotions. They both had dreamed of this moment.

The kisses became more ardent. Christian wrapped her in his arms and explored her mouth with his tongue. Veena sucked on his tongue and moaned. She ran her hands up and down his back trying to get as close to him as she possibly could. Christian responded in kind. But the exploration of hands, left his coat gaping open.

When they paused to breathe more deeply it was obvious to both of them that Veena's breast was exposed. Instead of covering herself quickly, she gazed adoringly at Christian. Her look was an invitation for Christian to touch her. Christian tentatively cupped her breast. Veena sighed in pleasure.

Christian felt how round and full her breast was. It was beautifully shaped with a rosy pink nipple that was erect. He was stunned by its effect on him. Veena pulled his head down to her breast and watched as he started to kiss and lick it. Her sighs of pleasure encouraged him further.

With all the patience he could muster, Christian took Veena's nipple into his mouth. He suckled it as though it could provide nourishment to his soul. Veena moaned her pleasure. She continued to hold his head to her breast. Christian could not contain his passion. He peeled his coat from her and exposed the other breast as well.

Never, had he ever seen such a beautiful sight. Veena blushed in false modesty. She new that her breasts were beautiful. But Christian's reaction was beyond admiration. It was ravenous and passionate and she loved it. Only in her wildest dreams had she imagined this moment. Christian busied himself with dividing his attentions between the two lovely orbs.

Veena's breasts were beyond what he ever imagined. He continued to pleasure her by arousing her nipples by licking, kissing and suckling them. He began to play and experiment with them. He flicked the one nipple with his tongue. Veena cried out her pleasure. While he pleasured one nipple with his mouth, he aroused the other with his fingers. It was a concerted effort to drive Veena mad.

"This is better than I ever imagined. I've thought of doing this a million times," Christian said.

"I've thought of you doing this a million times," Veena admitted.

"You have?" Christian said in wonderment.

"Yes, I have."

"I hope you know that this doesn't end here tonight."

"I had hoped it wouldn't"

Knowing that they needed to lower their passions or things would go too far, Christian lay back and encouraged Veena to lay in front of him to gaze into the fire in the fireplace. They spoke of their feelings and their desires for the future while Christion continued to hold and explore Veena's breasts. He couldn't stop himself if he tried. And he didn't try.