An Unusual Beginning Ch. 08

Story Info
Arlene arrives in L.A. to meet David's Family.
6.8k words
4.58
5.5k
11

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 07/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mspat
mspat
545 Followers

CHAPTER 8

After speaking with David, Arlene got into her car and drove over to a high-rise condo building in Buckhead, where her first foster mother Elizabeth Collins lived. She pulled up to the front of Buckhead Estates, gave her keys to the valet then she made her way to the lobby.

Inside she spoke to Jerry the doorman, he picked up the phone and called Liz to let her know that Arlene was on her way up to see her. She told him to send Arlene right up. Arlene made her way over to the elevator that would take her up to Liz's penthouse.

Arlene's and Liz's relationship started when Arlene was three years old. Elizabeth and Hugh Collins were her first foster parents. She stayed with them for two years leaving them a month after she started grade school. Arlene believed they would've been her only foster parents if the company Hugh worked for hadn't promoted him and transferred him out of state. Arlene was sent back to a group home, then a week later to another foster home.

When Liz and Hugh left her life, it was a sad and painful time for Arlene because it was totally unexpected. They unexpectedly came back into her life when they surprised her by showing up for her high school graduation.

When she asked them how they knew about her graduation they told her they'd been keeping up with her and what was going on in her life and they wanted to be a part of this moment in her life. Liz and Hugh further surprised her by presenting with her car as a graduation gift and offering to pay for her to go to college by paying her tuition to any college she wanted to attend.

Arlene gladly accepted their offer because she'd gotten a scholarship to the college, she wanted to attend but it didn't cover all her expenses and Liz and Hugh's gift would do that. It meant she could concentrate on studying and not have to get a job.

Arlene was glad she could reestablish her relationship with Liz and Hugh enabling her to be there for Liz when Hugh died ten years later.

Hugh's death was a sad, tragic time for Liz. The pain Liz experienced was made bearable because of the support she received from her family, friends, and Arlene.

At their suggestion a year after Hugh's death Liz started traveling. Every year since Liz would spend time away from all the things that would cause her to become depressed because she missed her beloved husband so much. This year she decided to go to Fiji. Liz would still be there if she hadn't called Arlene a few days ago and heard something in her voice alerting her that something was wrong. Arlene tried to convince her that nothing was wrong, and that she was alright, and that Liz should stay in Fiji and enjoy herself. But Liz couldn't do it, not when everything inside of her was screaming that Arlene needed her, she had to see for herself that everything was alright.

She was pacing in her penthouse waiting for Arlene to arrive.

Elizabeth Collins stands five feet, six and half inches tall. She weighs one hundred forty-five pounds, flaming red hair, pale skin, and green eyes. She was dressed from head to toe in designer clothes. She hoped and prayed that there wasn't anything wrong with Arlene because if there was heads would roll. Liz was a woman that if she loved you were blessed, if she disliked you, you best be armed.

Thinking she heard the elevator bell ding and the doors open, Liz opened the door to her penthouse, her heart jumping for joy when Arlene step off the elevator.

"Arlene!" Liz said her arms spread wide as she approached her. "It's so-o-o-o-o good to see you."

Arlene smiled and rushed into the arms of the woman whom she had come to think of as the closest thing she would ever have to a mother.

"It's so good to see you," Arlene said hugging Liz. "How was your cruise?"

"Boring," Liz replied as she took Arlene by the hand and led her into her penthouse, into the living room, over to her couch where they both sat down.

"There were no young people on the ship?" Arlene asked.

"Only teenagers," Liz complained.

"I'm sure there had to be people older than that on the cruise," Arlene teased.

"There were some in their twenties," Liz replied, "I stayed away from them too because I could still smell the breast milk on their breaths and baby powder on their bottoms, so I couldn't party with them."

"I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your trip," Arlene said. "I'm also sorry you cut it short because of me."

"My trip isn't over," Liz said. "And it was my decision to cut it short, not yours. I came back early because I knew you needed me."

"I'm fine," Arlene said, trying to infuse calmness into her voice. "You didn't have to come back early."

Liz could see right through what Arlene was trying to do the way she used to when Arlene was a little girl.

Arlene was showing all the signs that she was lying. Her eyebrows were going up and down, she was trying not to wipe her sweaty palms on her jeans, and her tongue was going back and forth across her lips because they were dry and the number one clue she couldn't and wouldn't look Liz in the eyes.

Liz remained silent and just watched Arlene knowing that she wouldn't be able to keep her little charade going too much longer.

"It's nothing for you to worry about, Liz," Arlene said, becoming uncomfortable under Liz's unwavering gaze. "I'm alright."

Liz remained silent, her eyes still on Arlene, waiting for her to tell her what was wrong.

"I'm married," Arlene blurted out.

Liz's mouth fell open, and her eyes grew wide.

"What...when...how?" Liz stuttered.

Arlene told her everything. About hers and David's drinks being spiked and them waking up in bed together.

"Who spiked your drink?" Liz asked, her voice tight, tense and filled with anger.

"Brenda," Arlene replied.

"I knew she couldn't be trusted," Liz said getting up from the couch and pacing. "I told you to stay away from that little tramp. Did you and this David...?"

"Yes," Arlene replied.

"Oh, my god," Liz said going back over to the couch, sitting down, and pulling Arlene into her arms.

They both cried.

"How could they do this to you?" Liz asked tightening her hold on Arlene.

"Brenda said she did it because she wanted me to loosen up," Arlene said, pulling back and wiping away the tears that fell from her eyes. "She said I needed to pull the stick from my ass and bend at the waist like everyone else."

"I'll have her ass bent at the waist," Liz said, getting up from the couch and pacing again. "That little waste of space will pay for this."

"No," Arlene said. "I didn't tell you any of this so that you could seek revenge, Liz. I'm telling you because you wanted to know and because I needed someone to talk to about this."

Liz sat back down on the couch next to Arlene and promised not to mention seeking revenge against Brenda and Arlene's other so-called friends again and to listen to Arlene.

"You said you and David were married, but you never mentioned a wedding," Liz said.

"I don't remember the wedding," Arlene said. "I found out from Brenda two weeks after we returned from Vegas that David and I had gone through a marriage ceremony and signed a marriage license while we were there."

"And you believed that cow?" Liz asked.

"No," Arlene said, "but I did believe David and the copy he has of our marriage license with both our signatures on it."

You don't have to stay married to this stranger," Liz said. "You can have the marriage annulled since it's obvious that you and David were drunk and didn't understand what you were doing. You should see if it's possible to have it annulled here in Georgia."

"I can't get an annulment here," Arlene said. "I would have to get a divorce since there is a child involved if I wanted to end my marriage to David here."

"A child?" Liz said not sure she heard Arlene correctly. "You're...you're...?"

"Yes, I am," Arlene replied, her eyes tearing up again, "with triplets, and I'm scared, Liz."

"My baby!" Liz wailed pulling Arlene into her arms. "How do you feel about being pregnant?"

"I wouldn't have chosen to become pregnant the way I did," Arlene said leaning away from Liz and rubbing her slightly protruding stomach, "but I want my babies and I'm going to have them."

"What about David, is he looking forward to becoming a father?"

"He seems to be fine with the entire situation," Arlene said. "He doesn't seem to be upset to find himself married to a woman he doesn't know nor remembers marrying. He's ecstatic about becoming a father, and he says he wants to stay married to me."

"Why didn't you email or call me the day this happened?" Liz asked. "I would've cut my trip short to help you deal with this."

"Because I knew you would do that," Arlene replied. "And I didn't want you to do that. And I needed the private time to think about what I really wanted to do. I knew I couldn't do that with you ranting and raving, and threatening to kill the people who did this to me."

Liz wasn't insulted by what Arlene said because she knew she was right. She would've acted like a mother tiger protecting her young ready to make the ones responsible pay for what they'd done.

"I want to meet him," Liz demanded.

Arlene laughed. "I knew you would insist on meeting him. I'll arrange it when you return from Fiji."

"I'm going to hold you to that," Liz said.

Arlene smiled but it didn't warm Liz's heart the way it normally did because Arlene was twirling her hair, something she did when she was nervous.

"I might be moving to California," Arlene said the words rushing out of her mouth.

"Why?" Liz asked shocked by what she was hearing.

"Because, I'm married and I'm going to have three babies, Liz," Arlene said, "and I'm going to need help. David's the father of my children, and he seems to be willing to give me all the help and support I need. His family is excited about the babies, and they seem willing to help also. And David and I are going to have to talk about our living situation, and I'm sure my moving to California is going to be one of the possible solutions we talk about."

"I can help you," Liz said. "I know that Hugh and I let you down when we didn't adopt you when we fostered you, but I promise you I'll never let you down like that again."

"I'm not considering this move to punish you or to get back at you," Arlene said putting her arms around Liz, "especially for something that happened years ago. I wouldn't do that to you. I know that if I needed you, you would be there for me. I'm doing this because David and I have decided to give our marriage a chance, and I can't do that if I don't get to know him, and I can't do that if I'm in Atlanta and he's in L.A."

"I'm going to miss you," Liz said easing out of Arlene's embrace, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm going to miss you too," Arlene said her own tears falling free. "But I must do this to find out if staying married to David is the right thing for me and for our children. I need to find out who David is, and if I want him to be a part of my life, and if I want to be a part of his. I'm also doing this because since this thing started, I've had no control over what's happened to me because choices were made for me that I should have made myself and this is a decision that I need to make and will make myself. So, please don't think that I'm angry with you, or that I'm trying to punish you because I'm not. I love you, Liz and I expect you to go overboard in your role as grandmother to my children."

"I can do that," Liz said giving Arlene a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I can surely do that."

"I also came by because I want to leave David's contact information with you," Arlene said. "I didn't want to leave for California, and no one in Georgia knows where I am. I also wanted to ask if you would be my emergency contact?"

"Yes, to both questions," Liz said. "You know you didn't even have to ask."

"Thank you," Arlene said. "You tell David that I expect him to take good care of you and my future grandchildren," Liz said. "If he doesn't, our first meeting won't be a pleasant one."

Arlene laughed. "I'll tell him. But I want you to go back to Fiji, and I want you to promise me you won't spend your time worrying about me. I want you to enjoy yourself and to have fun."

"I promise to have fun in Fiji if you promise to call me if you need me while you're in L.A. no matter what," Liz said.

"I promise," Arlene said. "I'll call you if I need you."

"Good. Now tell me about this man," Liz said her tone teasing, "who has come in and turned your world upside down. And while you and David are discussing your living situation, I want you to suggest that moving to Atlanta would be a good thing for the two of you and my grandchildren."

Arlene and Liz sat on the couch and Arlene told her what she knew about David. Elizabeth looked at Arlene and wondered if she knew her eyes lit up and her voice raised an octave whenever she spoke about David.

Glad to see that Arlene was happy but determined to protect her Liz decided she would have David and his family checked out.

'Brenda better hope this works out,' she thought to herself, 'because, if it doesn't the price she and the rest of her group would pay would be a heavy one. Because, nobody messed with the people she loved.

((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

Arlene closed her eyes and tried to will and pray her stomach to settle down, but it wasn't going to happen. Another wave of nausea washed over her causing her to jump out of her seat and rush back to the restroom.

'Thank God it's empty,' she thought to herself as she opened the door and rushed inside making it to the toilet just in the nick of time.

Wishing she hadn't eaten breakfast at all, Arlene went over to the sink, turned on the water, put her hands under the faucet, splashed some water on her face, rinsed her mouth out trying to remove the vile taste of vomit now filling it, then she slipped her mask back in place about to make her way back to her seat.

Are you alright ma'am?" came the male voice from the other side of the restroom door.

Arlene was about to answer the man when another wave of nausea hit her bending her once again over the toilet.

"I'm fine," Arlene said after cleaning up once again and opening the door to the restroom surprised to see the pilot and flight attendant waiting to greet her.

"Are you sure you're alright ma'am?" the pilot asked his tone showing concern, sprinkled with a hint of suspicion stepping aside so that Arlene could return to her seat.

Arlene looked around and saw that several her fellow first passengers were staring at her, their eyes filled with the same ingredients of concern and suspicion.

"Yes," Arlene said moving back to her seat. "I'm just suffering from a bout of airsickness and being pregnant with triplets."

Arlene hated airing her business, but she needed to let everyone know there was a logical reason for what was happening to her and that she wasn't a threat to them nor was she sick with some contagious disease such as Covid.

Oohs, aahs, and congratulations were sent her way from her fellow passengers, along with lots of questions. Like how far along was she? Where was the father? Why did he let her travel alone? Did she want the babies to all be one sex or did she want a mixture?

She also gained her own personal flight attendant to keep an eye on her and see to her needs during the rest of the flight.

To try and help ease the nausea Arlene was feeling the attendant brought her some crackers for her to munch on. Which as soon as Arlene looked at them and smelt them sent her running back to the restroom.

"Are you alright?" the flight attendant asked after waiting a few minutes for Arlene to come out of the restroom.

"I'm fine," Arlene assured her. 'I'll feel even better when this plane lands,' Arlene thought to herself as she rinsed her mouth out for the third time.

We'll be landing in a few minutes," the attendant said taking hold of Arlene's arm when she exited the restroom leading her back to her seat. "Is someone meeting you when you land?"

"Yes," Arlene replied.

"Is it the baby's father?" the attendant asked.

"Yes," Arlene replied.

"Good," the attendant said. "I want to speak to him. You're going to be the first to exit the plan and there'll be a wheelchair waiting for you."

"There's no need for that," Arlene told the attendant.

"You've had a rough flight," the attendant said. "We want to make sure you safely exit the airport."

Arlene tried to tell the attendant there was no reason to make special arrangements for her or for her to talk to David because she was fine. But the woman wouldn't listen. Arlene chuckled when she thought about David's possible reaction to being lectured on allowing her to travel alone in her condition. She wondered if he would just let the lady lecture him or if he would try to explain their situation to her.

((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

David paced back and forth in front of the arrival gate where Arlene would go when she exited the plane bringing her to Los Angeles, trying to get control of his nerves and calm down.

He couldn't understand why he was so nervous and jumpy about Arlene's arrival. He couldn't sleep last night counting the hours before he would pick her up at the airport. He knew he drove his mother crazy trying to make sure the guesthouse would meet with her approval, and that she would be comfortable staying there.

This morning eating breakfast wasn't an appealing thought at all, especially when the only thing he wanted to do was get to the airport so that he would be there before Arlene's plane landed. He arrived at the airport three hours before Arlene's plane was due to arrive because he was afraid traffic would be a nightmare on the expressway, and he didn't like the thought of Arlene waiting around for him.

'Could I be any more pathetic?' he asked himself.

"Pacing isn't going to make her plane get here any faster, David," his mother said teasing him and laughing at his nervousness.

David's entire family had come with him to the airport to meet Arlene. He tried to tell them he wanted to go meet her alone, but his parents were anxious to meet their new daughter-in-law, and they insisted on going with him. His mother saying that waiting at home would drive her crazy.

His brother Franklin Jr. insisted on coming along when he found out his parents were going to the airport with David to meet Arlene. So, they all were there to greet their new family member.

But David was determined to spend time alone with Arlene, so he insisted they take separate cars. David rode alone in his car and his parents, and his brother took his father's car to the airport.

"I know pacing isn't going to make her plane arrive any faster," David said, "but it gives me something to do while I wait."

He was glad when twenty minutes later it was announced that Arlene's flight was on time and would be landing soon and that he was waiting at the correct arrival gate.

He hoped that Arlene would be the first one off the plane, and she was but when David saw her the smile, he was sporting slipped from his face and a sense of panic settled in his stomach. Arlene was heading towards him sitting in a wheelchair being pushed by a flight attendant. David rushed over to her, kneeled in front of her and took her hand.

"Are you alright?" he asked his voice filled with worry as his family rushed to his side.

"I'm fine," Arlene said thinking to herself that if anybody asked her if she was alright again, she would scream. "I got a little dizzy exiting the plane."

"She spent the majority of her time on the plane in the restroom," the flight attendant chimed in. "She had the crew and most of the passengers worried about her. Most of us were wondering why a woman, pregnant with triplets would be traveling alone," the flight attendant said looking down at David.

mspat
mspat
545 Followers
12