Anatomy of an Affair

Story Info
Alicia tries to intellectually explain her affair.
5.8k words
3.49
56.9k
58
94
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
amyyum
amyyum
1,786 Followers

Warning: This material may be disturbing to some readers. Discretion is advised.

Statistics

I didn't know anything academic or intellectual about affairs before I was married. Growing up in a classic American suburban household where academic and athletic achievements were celebrated both for daughters, like me, and sons, it was always assumed that I'd get married and forever have a monogamous relationship. I never questioned that -- why should I have considering that my parents, aunts, uncles, and neighbors -- virtually without exception -- had long-standing happy marriages.

However, after the fact -- that is after I started an affair just after my 32nd birthday -- I researched the theory, realism, and intellectual aspects of why married women cheat.

First, I looked at some surprising statistics. They were unexpected since most people believe, like I did (and the stories on Literotica sure support that), that people who cheat almost always get caught and that they almost always get divorces after they get caught. Actual credible sociological studies, however, prove that the contrary is true. Roughly 90% (the results vary slightly from study to study but all are within 10% of each other) of women who admit to cheating never leave their husband, or get divorced. Further, about 85% of women who cheat never get caught.

That led me to investigate why women cheat, because I couldn't easily determine myself why I had. Here the studies are more in line with common perception although with some surprises -- and of course the issue is complicated so that there is less precision than with the studies of how often cheaters are caught and how often divorce ensues if caught.

What is clear from the studies, however, is that the answer is even more complex than you might imagine. There's no one specific reason for infidelity however researchers have identified eight common themes that pass as "justifications" or "causes."

1) Boredom. This may be the major cause for women over 40 who don't have a career, but can occur in other female populations too.

2) Low self-esteem. The low self-esteem can be a perceived failure in a career, as a mother, or of intellect, although it is most often a perceived lack or diminishment of physical attractiveness (again most common for women over 40).

3) Emotional starvation. Women who are emotionally unfulfilled or feel neglected by their husband can have an overpowering sense of loneliness. This is particularly so for women whose husbands give scant praise and do not often demonstrate love and affection.

4) Anger. The anger could be for many reasons -- including emotional starvation as discussed above. However, most likely anger results in cheating if a wife's husband has cheated or is suspected of cheating. The saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" exists for a reason. A wife may cheat as a form of revenge, even if in the past she has previously put her married relationship first.

5) Excitement. Every woman's personality is different, and it doesn't change when she marries. If a woman has a need for excitement -- whether it be on a dance floor, participating in dangerous activities, in sports, or whatever -- before marriage she doesn't change overnight when she says "I do." For example if a woman has been a top athlete most of her life and then marriage and children deprive her of the competitiveness that she thrived on when actually participating in athletic contests, cheating may be the exciting substitute.

6) Power. The socially accepted norm when it comes to coupling, even today (though not as much as in the past), is that the man asks the woman out, the man pays for dinner, the man proposes marriage, etc. Some women, especially high achievers, can eventually feel confined by this "norm." As one academic study put it (in terms of Internet hookups, but it is equally applicable to all encounters) "They always felt like they had been chosen, rather than choosing themselves, and then they go online to Ashley Madison, or any other site, and there's all these men, and now they're choosing rather than being chosen."

7) Sexual Deprivation. Obviously people age differently, and their libidos change in different ways with age. As a rough generalization statistics indicate that men's libidos peak in their 30s and women in their 20s. However, the diversity is so great that generalizations are almost useless (one statistic is illuminating, however: a mismatched libido causes problems in a relationship for 48% of women compared to 41% of men). If a wife's libido has increased since marriage and her husband's has decreased, the lack of regular and/or rewarding sex -- even if not expressed verbally -- can greatly enhance the wife's chance of cheating.

8) Simply because the opportunity arises. This is the "reason" that seems most outrageous to the general population (that is to those who have not intellectually studied cheating). However, the same study quoted in 6) above found "There's a lot of data showing that a woman who had an affair with a coworker is more likely to report that 'My marriage is great and I'm super satisfied. I literally saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.'"

One thing that is clear from all of these "justifications" when considered together is that wives who cheat are not necessarily in any way unhappy with their husband or their married life, or even consider it seriously disrespectful to their husbands. In fact one study went so far as to say that 1/3rd of cheating wives characterized their marriage as "happy" or "very happy," and expressed "utmost respect" for their husband. Another surprising thing is that the average cheating wife did not consider her lover significantly more (if at all) physically attractive than her husband.

The above factual information is not in any way meant to suggest that cheating isn't wicked or potentially destructive; it is. The above information simply makes it easier to understand intellectually.

Prelude

Every detail about my early life and courtship, and the physical characteristics of me and my husband, would not lend anything to this story. Let me summarize somewhat salient facts by simply stating:

--I'm Alicia Hunt, 32 years old at the start of this tale and married nine years at the time; I have a degree from Cornell in hotel management and was a competitive tennis player in high school and college.

--My husband is Warren Hunt, 33 years old at the beginning of this story; he has an Environmental Engineering degree from Cornell and ran cross-country there.

--Warren and I have two children, a boy 7 years old and a girl 6 years old (who will remain nameless) when this account commences.

--I'm better looking than average and devoid of excess flesh, but no Elizabeth Hurley or Jennifer Lopez.

--Warren is also better looking than average and devoid of excess flesh, but no movie star.

--My marriage was -- and still is -- "happy," and I sincerely love Warren and my kids.

***************

As an assistant manager of a prestigious hotel in a close-in suburb of a major U S city since I was 26 years old I came in contact with people from all over the world on a daily basis. Most contacts were pleasant, although there certainly were problem guests from time-to-time. One less than pleasant reality associated with my position is that I get hit on daily, most often by travelling businessmen. In some ways I don't mind it since it enhances my self-esteem; in other ways, especially if the "hitter" is obnoxious, I detest it but normally keep a smile on my face. [I only had to knee two "hitters" in the balls over a six year period, both considered justified by the manager and confirmed as such by video surveillance.]

About once every quarter circumstances at the hotel -- especially when completely booked -- require an assistant manager to be there overnight. In that circumstance the assistant manager has a simple room, essentially with only a bed and bathroom, near the South stairwell on the 2nd floor. I was the designated assistant manager on duty for two nights one June when on the first night a problem arose.

I was in my office, not yet having retired to my room, when the receptionist frantically entered. "Alicia, we've got a problem. A gentleman is here with a confirmed reservation that somehow got lost and every single room, without exception, has a guest staying in it the next two nights."

The receptionist handed me the reservation confirmation printout that the gentleman had given her, and upon inputting the number into my computer it was determined to be a legitimate confirmation number, although for some unexplained reason the reservation had been deleted from our computer system two days earlier. "Oh shit," I mumbled as I got up from my desk to talk with the gentleman sure that he would be on a tirade so I steeled myself for the confrontation.

When I got to the lobby the first three things that I noticed were that the gentleman was young (very likely in his late 20s), that he was one of the ten best looking men that I had ever seen in my life, and that he no scowl or any other indication of anger on his face. "I understand that you're Rob Baxter," I said with a smile, holding out my hand in greeting. "I'm Alicia Hunt, the assistant manager on duty."

"Nice to meet you Ms. Hunt -- or is it Mrs. Hunt?" he replied with a smile as he shook my hand.

"Uh...Mrs....uh...Hunt," I stammered, unsure why I was nervous since he didn't seem ready to blow his top. "I'm very sorry but somehow your reservation got canceled a couple of days ago. I assume that you didn't cancel it."

"No, I didn't. I made the reservation myself and this is a very important business trip for me. I really need a room," he earnestly replied.

"I have to be honest with you Mr. Baxter; there seems to be an error on our part, and unfortunately all of our rooms are filled; not even a broom closet isn't in use."

"Wow; Mrs. Hunt I really need a place to stay; like I said I have a very important meeting tomorrow. Is there something that you can do -- I'm not familiar with your city?"

"Of course, Mr. Baxter; please come into my office and I'll find a place for you."

For the next half hour Rob Baxter sat in my office, usually smiling despite the bad news piling up as every call I made to every other hotel within a ten mile radius had no openings because of two conventions and a baseball tournament. The only motel with an available room was a fleabag, and I sure didn't want to send Rob Baxter there.

When I wasn't on the phone we had a very pleasant conversation, although I admit to being slightly disturbed by my body's reaction to him, something that I hadn't experienced since I met Warren long ago. Just as I was running out of hope the solution became crystal clear.

"Rob," I said -- by then we were calling each other by our first names -- "the only alternative is for you to take the assistant manager's room. It is completely basic -- we would never rent it out because it essentially is a bed and bathroom, maybe twelve feet by fourteen feet -- but if that's acceptable of course we wouldn't charge you and would give you a certificate for two free nights the next time that you come to visit," I smiled.

"Can I see the room, Alicia?"

"Sure -- let me remove my stuff from it first..." I started to say when he cut me off.

"You mean it's your room and you're supposed to stay the night? No way that I'm booting you out -- I'll stay in the lobby," he earnestly replied.

"I live only three miles from here and the manager will understand if I leave the premises under these circumstances. I insist," I responded.

I led Rob to the room -- which was about the only room with a manual key instead of an electronic one in the entire building -- cleaned out my stuff, and as he was getting settled said "I'm also sorry that I can't give you my key. Only management has keys, so the door will be unlocked; but I assure you that we have great security and if you want me to put anything in the safe in my office I'm happy to do that."

"I'll just take my laptop with me to breakfast," he said still in a good mood, "no problem."

"Breakfast -- I forgot," I smiled. I took one of my cards, wrote "Free breakfasts for Mr. Baxter," and put the dates of the next two mornings, and signed it. "Just give this to the wait staff; I'll cover the tip too so your breakfast will be completely free."

"Thank you, Alicia; you've been super accommodating."

As I walked back to my office I had a strange tingling. I tried to ignore it, but when it got to be about 10:30 p. m. I decided to call it a night. I told the receptionist, security guard, and all other personnel staying overnight to call me on my cellphone if any issue at all arose, and that I would be back at 7:00 a. m. I left for home hoping that there would be no issue, but taking care to see that my cellphone was charged and turned on.

When I got home of course the kids were already in bed, and Warren was surprised to see me. I briefly explained how I had to give up my room and keep my cellphone next to the bed, and then purred "I hope that it won't be unpleasant for you, however," as I ran my index finger over his chest.

While it certainly wasn't unheard of for me to suck Warren's dick and massage his balls, it wasn't a common occurrence either probably because it wasn't super pleasurable for me. However, for some reason that night it wasn't an issue. I sucked his cock while I kneaded his testicles with one hand and stimulated my clit with the other. The clit stimulation turned out to be unnecessary since I was soaking wet.

Once he was rock hard and moaning I mounted him and started bouncing up and down while simultaneously squeezing his cock with my pc muscles. He didn't last long. He came like a freight train in what normally would have been too short a time for me to orgasm, but that night I came shortly after the first squirt from his firehose. Even after our orgasms subsided we were hit with a number of aftershocks, and I fell asleep as content as I had ever been.

In the middle of the night I awoke with my pussy moist again and not just from Warren's seminal fluid. Again, while not unprecedented, it wasn't normal for me to suck Warren awake and fuck him in the middle of the night but that's what happened, again with mutual gargantuan orgasms.

Even when I was leaving to go back to the hotel the next morning fluid was still leaking from my pussy, and I had to wear a Maxipad to prevent my undies from getting soaked. I had a big smile on my face, however.

When I got to the hotel a few minutes before 7 a. m. everything seemed to be working fine, and no issues had arisen the night before. I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked through the casual restaurant to say hello to guests and staff before I was to be relieved of duty about 9 a. m.

As I walked through the restaurant I came upon Rob. "Hi Rob," I said cheerily. "I hope that everything was all right last night."

"It turned out great, Alicia. Thanks again. Say, won't you join me, I have a few questions about the area," he said with a big grin.

I wouldn't normally agree, but I needed to keep his good will since there was a chance that even though it wasn't my fault I could be blamed for the mix-up if there was a complaint. I sat with him while one of the waitresses brought me a cup of coffee.

I had a very pleasant twenty minute or so conversation with Rob, and answered a few questions he had about the area since he was thinking of relocating if an opportunity came up within his company. We exchanged information about our families -- he had been married to Melissa (a beautiful slim blond if the photo he showed me was accurate) for five years and they had a toddler, and hoped to have another one on the way soon.

When the waitress brought the check I took it, gave her $5.00 from my wallet as a tip, and wished Rob luck.

I briefly interacted with Rob again that night and again the next morning; at checkout I gave him the certificate for two free nights of his choice in an upgraded room. That night Warren was again treated to two enthusiastic cock sucks and cowgirl rides. I did have to go to the hotel to handle one minor emergency, but Warren didn't complain because I started sucking him as soon as I returned.

About a week after Rob checked out I got a call from Corporate -- the COO herself. She normally was a hard-ass, but not this time. "Alicia, I just got the most flattering letter about you from a customer by the name of Robert Baxter. He couldn't stop singing your praises about how helpful you were in a bad situation, and what a favorable impression you left with his entire company when he related the details of your assistance to his co-workers."

That letter -- obviously only responsible for a small part, but it certainly helped -- was a catalyst in me shortly being promoted to manager after the present manager retired, even over two other assistants with more seniority.

Over the next few months Rob stayed with us four times and each time we had very pleasant interactions. The fourth time he asked if I could have lunch with him since he had more questions about the area.

At lunch he told me that he, Melissa, and their toddler were moving to the area and he wondered if I had any suggestions on where to look for houses. Melissa would be coming with him the next week, and they wanted to look around. I told him that I would put him in touch with a real estate agent that I trusted, and insisted that he and Melissa come to our house for dinner after they looked around.

The dinner with Rob and Melissa, and some of our friends, was extremely enjoyable, and they seemed like a great couple. Warren really liked them. They ended up buying a house about three miles from ours.

************

Rob's new position with his company in our area required him to set up conferences on a fairly regular basis. He liked our facilities better than the ones his company had been using, so he contracted with us for the conferences. I gave him a "friendly discount" and made sure that we delivered, getting him praise from his bosses.

There was just one problem; every time that I interacted with Rob I ended up wildly fucking Warren that night, and visions of Rob sometimes intruded as I was riding Warren to nirvana. Once I realized that I tried to put a stop to it, but my mind wouldn't cooperate.

The Fateful Event

It was a Tuesday just before lunch when Rob and I were going over details for a particularly significant conference he was hosting in our main ballroom. I normally initially dealt with Rob directly rather than our event staff before I turned it over to them. I felt especially warm that day despite the fact that the skirt that I had on was shorter and my blouse lighter than what I normally wore-- hopefully not unconsciously because I knew that I was meeting with Rob that day. I was more nervous than normal, probably because Rob was staring at me more than just looking at me. I dropped a document, and we both bent down to pick it up at the same time and bumped heads.

We laughed as we stood up, neither of us with the document, as we rubbed our foreheads. Suddenly Rob's grin turned into a grim look. He grabbed me and passionately kissed me on the lips.

Without a contrary thought I kissed him back just as zealously. When we broke the kiss he mumbled "I've got to have you."

Again, without hesitation I replied "In five minutes meet me in the assistant manager's room on the 2nd floor that you stayed in the first night here." After planting another kiss on him I quickly exited the ballroom and headed for the 2nd floor. Making sure that no one saw me I entered the room, called the assistant manager on duty and told him I would be out a while and to handle any issues, and then stripped.

amyyum
amyyum
1,786 Followers
12