Andean Experience Ch. 07: Lost Wife

Story Info
Could Jaguar expect Marina to return to him?
8.1k words
4.33
728
1
0

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 05/17/2024
Created 10/11/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carlos Casales was stunned when he stared into the bedroom.

A man's clothing was scattered across the floor and silky red lingerie lay on the rumpled bed. An empty wine bottle and two glasses littered one night table and a tube of something stood upright on the other. His mind whirled with the realization of what all this meant.

Marina was here with another man!

It was a good thing that Jaguar had stayed outside in the car. Had he come upstairs, there'd have been Hell to pay.

****

One month earlier:

The sunset was always glorious from their new apartment with a view out over the Pacific.

The sinking orange orb dipped below a cloudbank just above the ocean and reflected off the gray underbelly, illuminating it in golden and reddish hues. Beneath that, shining arms of orange reached across the surface of the smooth water, lighting up the high walls of surrounding buildings.

But the magnificent sight didn't match Jaguar's sombre mood. His pretty wife of three years, Marina, was late coming home from the museum again, the second time this week. He figured she'd be just as evasive in her explanation as last time.

Jag stood on the balcony brooding, searching for clues that might help him understand what was going on. During the past month, his wife had seemed distant, not the loving partner he'd come to know since meeting her as an American tourist visiting Peru. They'd fallen hard for each other and married.

Jaguar was from the United States too, though he'd been in Peru for nearly half his life. He first arrived as a graduate student named Wesley Arundel, and became so hooked on Andean culture that he took his iconic nickname from an ancient god.

He couldn't leave. Instead, he finished his studies and settled in Lima. To support himself, he established the Andean Experience tour company. It grew to become a cultural and archaeological venture very popular with global tourists.

After meeting Marina, he landed a career with the National Archaeological Museum, using the help of a former lover with a key position there. Elena Rodrigues also hired Jag's new wife as a docent, to guide English-language tour groups.

[Jaguar and Marina's story is found in Chapters 01 through 06 of Andean Experience. You might enjoy their sometimes-dangerous adventures in Peru.]

The couple enjoyed life in Peru's lively capital. But lately things weren't going so well with them.

Suddenly, Jaguar heard a noise from inside the apartment. He stepped in from the balcony to see his annoyed wife struggling with some large bags.

"Help me with these, Jag. They're so heavy."

"What do you have there?"

"Groceries. We're out of everything. But what would you know about that anyway? You just eat what I prepare and leave the rest to me. What have you been doing since you came home?"

"Nothing really. Watching the sunset."

"I could have guessed as much. Make yourself useful. Unpack these and put them away while I change into something more comfortable."

"Want a hand with that?" Jaguar joked.

"No. Just put the groceries away."

"Why so cold, Marina? Some problem with the new guy, Juan today?"

"Enough about him! Are you jealous or something? That's the third or fourth time you've asked me about him this week."

"You're spending a lot of time with...."

"And he's young and handsome, right?" she interrupted. "You're jealous, Jag! He's just a boy, ten years younger than me!"

"Well, I'm twice his age. Does that make me an old man? I've seen how you light up when he's around, and so has everybody else."

"Stop that! It's nothing. I'm supposed to show him how to guide tours. You're just imagining things. Now put the food away."

With that, Marina spun on her heal and went to the bedroom- without so much as a kiss or a hug, her husband noted. Was there reason to be suspicious about Juan?

The suppertime conversation became heated at times. It was clear that Jaguar was feeling threatened by his wife's time with the handsome new employee. From there, his complaints expanded to what he viewed as her decreased libido.

"You were so hot in bed. Now you just want to fall asleep by 10:00!"

"I'm tired after work, then I come home to mind everything here. You need to help me more and demand less. How did you manage before we were married."

"Well... I...."

"Time's up! You had your women friends around to do it. In fact, they did anything you wanted! I'm American, Jag. I'm not one of your Spanish ladies, so eager to get into your bed!"

Marina knew he had a long string of girlfriends and one night stands in his former tour business. It was a real sore point, one that often came up when she was angry. Jaguar wondered if she knew that her best friend and boss, Elena, had been one of his bedtime women? He had to be careful now.

"OK, I'll try to do better," he conceded. "If I'm home before you, I'll pick up around here, or start on supper. I can do some basic cooking, though nowhere near as good as yours."

"That's wise.... And about Juan?"

"I'll stay off that," Jaguar replied, though he knew it wouldn't be easy to keep his jealousy in check.

"I'm just training him, that's all. Elena would love to do it, but she's too busy."

"Elena. That doesn't surprise me,' he quipped, before recovering. "Maybe you'd like to train me later, Marina?"

"You never give up, do you?" she laughed. "Does that mean you'll keep the promises you just made? If so, then yes."

"Of course. I'll be helpful and stay quiet about good-looking Juan."

"Jaguar... just let it go."

Later, they went to bed to put an end to their disagreement. She kissed him and snuggled close in a reassuring way. He felt the heat of her smooth body against his muscular torso. Before long, all was forgotten as they basked in the intensity of their love for one another. The rest of the world fell away as their passion grew.

Then, all at once, they felt the Earth move. It was incredible!

"Did you feel that, Jag?"

"Amazing, eh!" he groaned as he gasped for breath.

"Not that. I mean, did you feel the bed shake a few moments ago?"

"We're so good together!" he grinned.

"No, I felt the room shake. Like a quake or something."

"Oh... could be. The Andes is an active zone. Shaking? I thought it was us!" he laughed.

"Seriously, it was more than that. I really felt the Earth move!... Wait!... There's another one! Omigod! An earthquake?"

They waited breathlessly, but nothing else happened.

"A tremor," Jaguar eventually announced. "Happens fairly often but doesn't amount to much here. Relax, Marina, it's just a fact of life living near the mountains."

The next day at the National Museum, Jaguar walked into the men's room to find a tall, handsome young man preening in the mirrors. He was combing his longish, jet black hair, getting it just right. Then he stepped back to admire himself. Jag knew who he was, though Juan had never met him before.

"You work here, right? I've seen you before," the young man said.

"Yes. Jaguar... the Head of Acquisitions. You're new."

"Hello. Juan Santander. I've been here a few weeks training as a docent, a tour guide."

"I know what a docent is," Jaguar replied acidly. "Who is helping you?"

"Marina. She's another guide. Very nice lady."

"Thanks. That's my wife, Marina Arundel."

"You're a lucky man."

Jaguar wasn't going to let pass this opportunity to firmly stake his claim.

"I think so too. We've been married almost three years now and enjoy working here at the museum."

"I didn't know that. She never mentioned you," Juan blurted out, "though I've seen her rings."

This annoyed Jaguar, so he doubled down.

"We have a very happy life together, Juan."

"Mr. Arundel, you're a fortunate man. Excuse me now, we have a tour group arriving very shortly."

Jaguar smiled to himself, thinking that he had made it pretty clear that Marina was already taken. All the same, he'd continue watching and listening around the museum.

After all, Juan was a very attractive and charming young fellow, especially compared to the older one facing Jag in the mirror. He was all-too-aware of the gray invading his hair and beard, and his sagging physique.

Jaguar's mind wandered. Perhaps he should start at a gym to work on his declining fitness? Maybe he should colour his hair and beard to cover the gray? Some new, more stylish clothes like Juan's wouldn't be a bad idea either.

"If Marina hasn't even mentioned me to Juan, she must find him quite attractive, he told himself. "The guy is fit and muscular judging by the tight shirts."

Jaguar decided to start with a charm offensive. From his office, he phoned Marina, inviting her to join him for lunch in the cafeteria. This wasn't something which occurred to him very often, and he scolded himself for failing to do so.

The couple sat off to one side of the cafeteria. Jaguar noticed immediately that his wife looked even better than usual today: coiffed hair, coloured lipstick, golden earrings all spoke of extra care. She wore a smart tailored outfit, stockings and stylish shoes. His imagination worked overtime wondering about her sexy undergarments.

"You look lovely, Marina," he complimented.

"A group of American educators today. I want to look really professional," she replied.

"And Juan is all dressed up, eh," Jaguar observed.

"Yes... but he always looks that way. Takes a lot of care with his appearance. You know how vain young men can be."

"Some older men too," Jaguar commented, vowing to move ahead with that wardrobe upgrade.

"But let's not talk about him now. What made you decide to ask me for lunch?"

"Maybe I've been taking you for granted in some ways, Marina? I want to make it up to you."

"Lunch dates at work; making supper at home- you're really spoiling me you know."

"Just a bit," he replied, but she saw right through him.

"Another guy around does wonders. Is that how it works in a man's world?" Marina chuckled softly.

****

During the next few weeks, Jaguar kept most of his promises.

There was domestic bliss as their romantic life flourished. He still mentioned Juan enough for her to know the motivation. However, she appreciated his new fitness regime, in fact joining him for workouts at the gym.

Marina continued to dress very well for the museum. So Jag upped his game with a more polished, professional look too. The signature camo gear and boots came out only for his occasional outings to confer with other archaeologists at field sites. He wouldn't be compared to Juan there.

While at the National Archaeological Museum, they occasionally crossed paths, where their relations were cool and professional. Meantime, the still-wary husband paid a visit to old girlfriend Elena's office to find out more about his rival.

"What can you tell me about Juan, the new docent, Elena?"

"Young, tall, good-looking... everything that you can see for yourself," she replied evasively.

"You must find him very appealing? I know that Marina does."

"And you feel jealous, right? I know you do. We girls talk."

"She told you that?"

"Yes, and how you're treating her better than ever. Look at you. New clothes. No more gray. Competition works wonders."

"Marina told me that too. What else did she say about him?"

"Your wife likes working with him. He's charming and funny."

"Elena, be straight with me. Is he coming on to her?"

"Could be, but I don't think so. Maybe just teasing her? He knows women like him, and he uses it, like a little game. Hell, I'm drawn to him myself!"

"Do you know anything about this guy? His background?"

"A bit. His family is wealthy, so he probably used connections to get this job. But he does it well enough- comes with a solid education in classical studies. That upper class family accounts for the polished, formal way he deals with our visitors. I doubt he'll remain a docent for long."

"Oh, Juan's ambitious?"

"Yes. With his connections he could end up in management- right at our level- in a fairly short time."

"So, I should look out for my job AND my wife with him?" Jaguar joked.

"I think you're overstating things, Jag!" Elena laughed. "Marina and Head of Acquisitions are both locked in for you. Believe me."

"I don't know...."

"Trust me. You needn't worry in either case. I see that rosy glow Marina wears some mornings. You must be keeping her happy where it really counts."

"I try my best," Jaguar grinned.

"Oh, I'm sure you do. We've been friends for a long time. There isn't much about you that I don't already know."

Elena looked like she had somewhere else to go.

"I have to work now. There's a major event coming that I have to get ready."

"In Special Collections? That's your department."

"Yes. A big exhibit of select artifacts from storage. Pre-Columbian pieces not seen since this place was built. And there'll be a large formal reception and party here for VIPs and government ministers."

"Let me know if I can help you with anything," he offered.

One day later that week, Marina was late coming home from the museum again. Jag had supper waiting. He opened the wine and poured a glass, then a half hour later, another one. By the time he finally heard the key in the door lock the bottle was empty.

He didn't notice that his wife looked upset. And because he'd been drinking, Jaguar's tongue was loose.

"Hey! Where were you? More time with Juan I suppose?" he shot.

"Don't say that! I had a terrible afternoon, and the meeting afterward was even worse," Marina sniffled.

"What happened?"

"Our afternoon tour group was big and noisy. Older school kids. A boy picked up a ceremonial artifact and was swinging it around like a weapon."

"Oh Hell! Then what?"

"I grabbed it from him, and he pushed me hard to get it back! So, Juan ran over and put him in a headlock while I called for Security. Carlos rushed in and carted him off to the front exit."

"Was there no teacher with them?"

"That was the problem. Two woke fools defended the kid instead of recognizing what he did. One went straight to the Director, while the other took the class back to school."

"So, the Director supported both of you, right?"

"Not really. It's a rich school from a gated neighbourhood. He reminded us that influential museum supporters live there. I got off alright because I was protecting museum property, but Juan didn't fare so well. I argued that he was helping me, but the Director was upset about him using force with a visitor."

"So, where do things stand now?"

"I thought Juan might be fired. But he reminded our boss that his father would want to know all about this. The Director just backed off and told him not to use physical restraint in future."

"Not surprised. Everything there is so political. What do you think about all of this?"

"Jag, he defended me. If Juan hadn't grabbed the boy and held him, I could have been hurt. It is a good thing he's big and strong. I feel safe working with him."

"Yeah, I'm glad he was there for you," Jaguar admitted grudgingly.

He reheated supper while Marina changed into more casual clothes. He poured more wine and lit a candle for some atmosphere to help smooth over the troubles of the day. He gritted his teeth and listened patiently while she went on about how Juan came through for her. Jaguar said nothing negative.

That evening they made love. The wine and her husband's apparent acceptance of Juan put Marina in the right frame of mind. They took it slowly, drawing things out until both were getting near the edge. Jaguar kissed and tasted Marina's silky skin and she moaned with pleasure. Then it was her turn to torment her husband.

By the time they got down to the main course, both knew they couldn't possibly extend this much longer. Then to the mountain top- a steady climb to dizzying heights of urgency. It was exquisite, before they tumbled over the peak to the other side. What was that? Had the earth moved again?

Afterward, Jaguar lay back with a satisfied look on his face, reminding himself,

"You might want her, Juan, but Marina is my woman!"

****

After the incident at the museum, Marina and Juan spent more time together. When Jaguar wasn't having lunch with his wife, the young man occupied the chair across from her. Coffee breaks were often the same- Jag knew because his friend Carlos made a point of telling him.

"Elena says Marina is with the new guy a lot. Are you alright with that?"

"It's probably because he protected her when a visitor threatened her safety."

"Yeah. Elena told me. I guess Juan has real pull when he could mention his father's name to the Director and escape being fired."

"The old man is high in the government. It's going to take the kid places. You know how things work."

"Jag. I'd be worried if I was in your shoes. Marina really dresses up at work, and gives him her undivided attention whenever they talk. It's almost like she's totally enthralled with every word he says."

"Carlos, she's always been a great listener and communicator."

"Look, maybe I'm off-base here, but you know I was a private investigator before Elena got me into the museum. I've seen a lot of extramarital shit and...."

"Are you saying they're having an affair?" Jaguar interjected.

"Probably not, but there's something I don't like. He's a ladies man. And slippery- he's too charming to trust. Juan is a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can have anything he wants. That might include your wife. And I've seen too much of this sort of thing."

Now Jaguar worried.

"Carlos, I wonder if Elena could split them up, give them less time working together? Could you talk to her about changing their schedules or something?"

"Good idea. I'll do it, Jag. This has gone on long enough."

[Jaguar, Carlos and Elena take on international artifact smugglers in Confrontation, Chapters 01 through 12 in Novels and Novellas. It's a rough, sexy adventure.]

In the weeks leading up to the museum event which Elena was planning, Marina and Juan spent less time on assignment together. Jaguar made a point of further reclaiming his wife by arranging more lunch dates with her, both in the cafeteria and little restaurants nearby.

The young man still seemed infatuated with Marina, and people at the museum noticed it. This was becoming serious. Jaguar wanted his wife to be seen with him, not with Juan.

Then Marina was angry when she discovered that her husband was behind the shift changes at work. A heated argument was followed by a Cold War. That ended the marital lunch dates, and Juan took full advantage. His cafeteria meetings with her resumed, and tongues wagged around the office. Jaguar was infuriated!

Finally, the date of the grand reception arrived, and the angry couple had to be there.

Marina bought a stunning long white gown and new heels to highlight her lithe figure, while Jaguar at least sent his rumpled suit out for dry cleaning. Elena was dressed to the nines in a clingy black number that hugged her abundant curves. Her husband Carlos made it a table group of four.

Elena complimented her friend as they entered the reception.

"You are fantastic tonight, Marina! That white gown and your hair piled high- you almost look like a bride. Gorgeous!"

"Your dress is lovely too. I wonder if Juan will notice us?"

"He'll certainly be hovering around you. Jag will be jealous."

"I hope so. It's good for him to have to try harder with me. You know how he is."

"Be careful, Marina. Don't push him too far."

"He's my husband. And teasing him is such fun. It's easy because Juan is so handsome and charming. I love his company."

"I don't think Jag will like it, not the way you look tonight."

The head table had many dignitaries and officials. As soon as the sumptuous dinner was finished and coffee poured, it was time for a full slate of long-winded speeches.