Andrea Donovan Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tim, I'm going to be completely frank - I want you out of that damn truck. You can keep the Peterbilt and put a camper on it or something but it's time for you to hang up your spurs, cowboy. You've shown an interest in real-estate and I think you'd be a natural at sales" Andrea said, looking at me.

"ME? ...hell, I couldn't sell water to a rich man dying of thirst, Andrea" I replied incredulously.

"That's not true at all, you're smart when it comes to wheeling and dealing -- I've watched you haggle when buying and selling stuff on craigslist and you have an easy disposition about you. Tim, you genuinely want the buyer to be satisfied with their purchase and it shows, people can sense that in you and that's one of the key elements in good salesmanship. --Please trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about." Andrea said.

"...OK, honey, I just need to kick it around some first. (sigh)...I would like to be in a position where I didn't HAVE to work but still could if I wanted to" I replied closing me eyes.

"Honey you've worked all your life, it's time you found something that was easier on your body and something you enjoy more." Andrea reasoned.

" (sigh) Yeah ...trucking has been a love-hate relationship for me, the last few years, Andrea. When I love it, I LOVE it and when I hate it, God Almighty, I hate it." I concurred.

"Please consider real-estate, Tim, I really think you'd enjoy it and you'd be very good at it, please think about it, alright?" she asked.

"I've got a world class teacher" I replied and I meant it.

"Fair enough, get in the shower and get dressed now please, I have a new friend that I want you to meet this afternoon" Andrea said rising from the table.

"Let's shower together, lover" I said rising myself, and smacking her on the lips with a kiss as I recalled the previous night's odyssey.

"I already did shower, Tim" she replied.

"Won't hurt a thing if you shower again" I teased.

"I might take you up on that offer if I had REASON to shower again, Tim" Andrea said looking up at me with a serious face.

"At the drop of a proverbial hat, is that how it is now A.J.?" I asked, tilting my head back and looking down my nose at her.

"Literal or proverbial, either one is fine. You decide on that, gunslinger."

"Mustache ride then, cowgirl?" I asked as we began walking toward the bedroom with me following her.

"Surprise me" she responded.

Andrea and I made love until noon and eventually found ourselves resting in each other's arms with the tranquility of solitude found when one is at peace with the universe.

"Andrea, please don't take this the wrong way, ...could we move Joy's painting into the living room?" I now asked.

Andrea leaned up on her elbow and looked at me without saying anything, an inquisitive look on her face as if she didn't understand. Then as comprehension suddenly dawned on her she began to laugh slightly, then more and more until she was shaking with laughter and unable to control herself. This invoked me to begin laughing also and soon Andrea and I were giggling uncontrollably within each other's arms, which continued for several minutes.

..."What's wrong babe, don't like her watching us, is that it?" Andrea asked, laughing harder still.

I was suddenly very self conscious of myself, and simply sighed with embarrassment which provoked Andrea to roll on top of me and peer downward, looking me in the eye. "It's just a painting, Tim. Let's get in the shower now" she said kissing me and then rolling off me and helping me to my feet.

Andrea and I showered, each lathering and rinsing the other within a sensual aura of tranquility and solitude. After we dressed ourselves I walked out the front door and began filling the red water dish and opened a can of cat food. I was soon joined by Wolfie, who made it abundantly clear to me that my tardiness in performing my duties of feeding him were not appreciated and totally unacceptable.

"How ya doing today buddy?" I asked the cat once he began eating.

The food within the bowl was soon gone and Wolfie began licking his front paw as he sat with a satisfied, albeit delayed contentment due to my errant timeliness. Andrea now opened the screen door and Wolfie suddenly tried to dart his way past her and into the house, to which Andrea quickly blocked him with her boot.

"No baby, you can't come in the house" Andrea said abruptly to Wolfie.

Wolfie made a dismissive sound of defiance and stalked away, completely disgruntled with his adopted humans for the moment. I really didn't blame him.

"Silly little shit" Andrea mumbled as she turned and locked the door.

We got into the Beamer with Andrea at the wheel and proceeded down the driveway. A minute later we turned right at the stop sign and began travelling down Sunland Gin road toward I-10. Apparently Andrea had found a prospective "New Friend" and wanted to see how well the horse and I would bond. Adopting a horse wasn't much different than adopting a child I knew and it was a life changing decision that needed to be made with the utmost care and consideration. I was excited for Andrea and knew that she and Duffy wanted to spend time riding together.

Andrea suddenly and unexpectedly veered right and bumped the little BMW roughly over the dirt driveway of the little boarded up Texaco station; she then skidded to a stop, throwing gravel all over the locked gate in front of us. Andrea then threw the car into park and shut off the engine.

"C'mere, I have something to show you" she said, opening the door.

"Honey, the place has already been sold" I said with a sigh of frustration suddenly washing over me.

"It sold six months ago, Tim" Andrea replied, getting out of the car.

Andrea unlocked the chain's padlock and then raised the sole of her right boot against the gate, she then roughly shoved it open in an effort not to touch the gate and dirty herself - the chain and padlock now rattling as the gate bounced wildly off the concrete stop at the end of its swing. Andrea and I now began walking toward the station's entryway door where Andrea produced another key and then shoved open the door with just as much recklessness as she had the gate. The unmistakable smell of a gas station was immediately recognizable with the addition of stale air and rotting wood as we entered the building. There was also a small puddle of water which had obviously accumulated from the previous night's rain and now pooled in front of the office wall.

The office itself held a few old metal filing cabinets, a metal chair and an old Army Surplus metal desk. The inner walls of the office were covered with decade's old and faded advertisements for tires and shock absorbers and also a very outdated calendar of a pretty girl standing in front of the Texaco station. Andrea now silently led me toward the main bays and, reaching around the bay's door frame with her arm, clicked a couple of switches as overhead lights within the bays blinked on with the high pitched buzzing sound of ancient florescent lighting.

..."OK, these MUST go away -- this is a MUST HAVE!" she said pointing to the floor hoists.

Floor hoists were used to lift the entire car into the air so that work could be performed underneath the vehicle.

With Andrea and I there were "requests" there were "compromises" and there were also "must haves." "Must haves" were non-negotiable and we each had them.

"This is why I said the green car was relevant, this morning, Tim. We weren't even discussing marriage when you gave me that car; you gave it to me simply in hope of bringing me joy, which it has indeed. This is my gift to you because I love you" Andrea said, waving her arm at the stations interior in an all encompassing gesture and wiping a tear from the corner of her eye.

I took her into my arms now and kissed the top of her head.

"You're a wonderful mystery to me Andrea Millhouse" I said quietly.

"My name isn't Andrea Millhouse. ...C'mon, I want you to meet our new friend now" she said as she clicked off the lights and we proceeded out of the bays and into the main foyer.

We locked everything back up again and started enroute to the location of Andrea's new friend which turned out to be a small ranch owned by a young couple named Mark and Peggy Morgen. I immediately liked both Mark and his wife upon Andrea's introduction and got the distinct feeling that these two were genuine cowboy and cowgirl, they were the real deal.

"Andrea has stated that she would like you to interact with the animal, alone, so she can observe how well the two of you bond with each other, Tim" Peggy now stated as Andrea nodded an affirmative.

"Sure, that'd be fine, I'm looking forward to meeting her" I replied.

A few minutes later Peggy led a small American Quarter Horse out of the barn and brought her over to where I was standing, out of earshot of Andrea. The horse was dark red in color and had one natural white stocking halfway up her left rear leg. Leading the horse to me, Peggy stood back and was silent as the horse and I began getting acquainted with one another. The little quarter horse appeared slightly spirited yet gentle in her mannerisms as she curiously sniffed at me. The horse had no problems with me petting her as I talked quietly to her.

"How does the she interact with Andrea?" I asked the couple.

"They seem to really fit together nicely, Tim, and they did go for a short ride, here on the ranch" Mark now responded.

"Andrea's been looking at potential friends for quite some time now but hasn't had too much luck, she even got nipped the other day" I said casually as I glanced over at Andrea, who was now sitting on the Beamer's hood and watching us.

"I know, she told us" Peggy replied with a touch of empathy.

The horse suddenly put her head down and pressed against me now, in a seemingly effort to hug me.

"She is a lover" Mark said, almost as a warning.

"She's a good solid mount but just isn't quite spirited enough for competition which is what we like to do, Tim. I do believe though, that she would be perfect for someone like Andrea that just wants a gentle horse for casual riding" Peggy now elaborated.

"What's her name, by the way?" I asked, looking over at Peggy as I "hugged" the animal.

"Pippi Longstocking" Peggy responded.

"Oh my God, that is so appropriate" I snorted with a half chuckle.

"We just don't have the resources to care for another mount right now and we know Andrea would love the animal and provide her with a good home." Mark said nostalgically.

"Yes" Peggy replied, also with a degree of emotion involved.

I motioned for Andrea to come and join us.

"What do you think?" Andrea asked as she climbed over the fence and joined us.

"I think her and Wolfie will do just fine with each other, babe" I replied.

"(sigh) ...me too" Andrea said, closing her eyes and running a hand through her hair.

"Honey, I don't know one end of a horse from the other but I think you already know the answer in your heart and I'll stand behind you whichever way you choose, you know that" I said pulling her close and kissing the top of her head again.

"It's a big decision and you don't have to decide today, you two. We'll hold her for you if you want to sleep on it for a night or two" Peggy suddenly said.

"I haven't slept since I met her, Peggy. Our stables aren't finished yet, could we board her here until they're completed, I'll pay you for her feed and stable of course" Andrea inquired.

"Certainly, that would be fine, Andrea" Mark agreed, interjecting himself into the conversation again.

"Would you also be able to transport her to Arizona City?" Andrea inquired further.

"That wouldn't be any trouble at all" Peggy assured us.

"Can I put a thousand down on her now until Monday afternoon?" Andrea asked.

"Yes you may, and incidentally, letting her go is hard for us but we're gratified that she'll be going to a loving home" Mark said with some emotion, his wife nodding affirmative.

"The both of you would always be welcome to visit her at our ranch anytime you'd like, Andrea and I would enjoy having you visit" I responded.

"What's the name of your place, by the way?" Peggy now asked Andrea.

"The Lazy -- G" Andrea replied proudly.

Hands were now shaken all around and the deal was struck. Mark and I then casually walked over and looked at the couple's nineteen fifty International hay truck while Andrea gave Peggy the thousand dollars and made arrangements for the rest of the payment to be received early the next week. Fifteen minutes later Andrea and I drove out of the driveway with me at the wheel of the Beamer.

"I think you've met your match, Andrea Millhouse" I now said as we travelled in the car.

"I feel like I just adopted another kid" Andrea said stoically, looking out the passenger's window.

"We did" I replied.

"Want to see if Buddy and Amanda can meet us somewhere for a quick cup of coffee now?" she asked, sounding as if she's just thought of it and pulling out her phone.

"Sure, that'd be great honey." I nodded as I pulled onto the blacktop.

Andrea dialed the number and soon we were enroute to a McDonald's located in Casa Grande. I was looking forward to seeing Buddy again. I had always wondered, over the years, where Buddy had gone to, so many people seemed to come and go within one's life and it was hard to keep track of everyone. ...Andrea and I drove the thirty minutes to the McDonald's and then pulled into the busy parking lot, quickly finding a parking space. After removing our seatbelts we exited the vehicle, locked the doors and proceeding inside the building, arm in arm.

"You OK?" I asked my wife and pulling her close to me as we walked through the parking lot.

"Yes, I'm just a bit shell-shocked that we actually did it" Andrea replied.

"Made love this afternoon, you mean?" I asked with a straight face.

"No I mea- ...oh my God, you're such a shit, you know that?" Andrea asked, embarrassed that she'd been duped.

I pulled her slightly off the ground with my right arm, as we walked, with a re-assuring half hug.

"It'll be alright, Andrea Millhouse. You and Pippi will be friends forever -- it was meant to be, Love" I said.

"I know that, Tim, I'm just a little overwhelmed right now ...and my name isn't Andrea Millhouse" she replied tiredly.

..."Buddy, you look great!" I said a few minutes later as I set my coffee cup down onto the table. Buddy now standing himself, firmly shook my hand as we shoulder bumped each other, complete with hardy backslaps.

"Tim, I'd like you to meet my wife, Amanda. Amanda, this is Tim, - Hi, I'm Buddy, Amanda mentioned you." Buddy now said to Andrea as the two shook hands briefly.

"Tim has mentioned you as well, Buddy, a pleasure to finally meet you" Andrea replied as we all sat down within the plastic booth with our coffees.

"So you're here in Casa Grande now, Tim?" Buddy asked.

"Arizona City, we've recently been promoted to the official Rank of Snowbird now, Buddy. We like Alaska in the summer and winters here. The two of you will have to come out and see the place, sometime" I replied sipping my coffee.

"We'd like to see it, Tim. Amanda and me snowbirded for a few years until we landed our current jobs at the mobile home dealership, they've been very good to us and we're happy here" Buddy replied.

"Our kids and grandkids are here too" Amada interjected.

"Home is where the heart is, my friends" I said, nodding my head.

"Andrea has mentioned to Amanda that you're in touch with Hans" Buddy said.

"We were neighbors with him, at our Laughlin condo's -- that's where Andrea and I met" I replied.

"How's he doing now?" Buddy asked, sipping his coffee.

"He hasn't aged a single day in thirty years, Buddy. I'll give you his phone number, and please give me yours while we're sitting here" I replied, pulling out my phone...

... It was good to see Buddy again and, upon initiating our conversation; we had both been reminded of people and events that each of us had long since forgotten about. Andrea and I talked with Buddy and Amanda for about thirty minutes and then agreed to sit down for dinner with the couple sometime in the relative near future. Buddy informed us that he and his wife were currently on their way to pick up their grandchildren and that they would keep in touch with us, we agreed to do likewise. Andrea and I shook hands with the couple and then all of us left the building and headed to our respected vehicles.

..."Tim, would you have any problem if Vic stayed with us for a week or two, while he recovers?" Andrea asked once we were in the car and driving again.

"No, of course not, honey" I replied.

"I'm glad to hear that, Tim, because he really needs a break from the big city for a while. Vic's marriage is essentially finished now with Angela's latest DUI and so is any hope of Vic ever making detective. He's the laughing stock of the department now because of her antics, except for the upstairs - Brass of course, they're not laughing." Andrea sighed as she watched the buildings sliding past the passenger's window now.

"I gathered that, Andrea" I replied quietly.

"Apparently the judge sentenced Angela to a year in some treatment center and now she wants a divorce" Andrea added.

"I'd be all too happy to give her one, personally" I replied.

"He's going to walk away from everything but his pension ...I'm just glad he never had kids with her" Andrea said wearily.

"She's really that bad?" I asked.

"Only when she drinks but that's all the time now, Tim" Andrea nodded.

"I've had a front row seat at that movie myself, Andrea. I'll pass, on seeing it again, thanks." I affirmed.

"Thank you for your understanding, Tim. I think you'll like each other" Andrea said.

"Sure, tell him to pack his bags and come on" I said, turning onto Jimmie Kerr boulevard.

"Alright, I will. I think we can put him in that room adjacent to our bedroom; he can share the hallway bathroom with Ricky and Brenda, it might be a bit cramped for a while but I think it'll work." Andrea said, finishing her coffee.

"I guess we need to buy a bed, then" I replied.

"Yes, want to do that now?" Andrea asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, why not? let's go get the little Chevy and we'll head over someplace and find one." I nodded.

....................

..."Here's your bottled water, Tim. When did you put the seat cover in?" she asked opening the passenger's door of the old ragged Chevy and now staring at the outdoor green carpeting which I had tied to the seat.

"Last week, want to drive? ...You may as well learn how to drive this thing because you're going to be hauling bales of hay and Pippi poop soon, Cowgirl" I suggested.

"Sure, I think I can drive it, Tim" Andrea said as she walked around to my side of the truck.

I slid over to the other side of the cab, shut the passenger's door and put on my seatbelt

"It's got four gears?" Andrea asked, looking at the shift pattern on the gearshift knob.

"Four on the floor, baby" I said.

"K, we'll see how it goes, I guess" she said buckling her own seatbelt and slamming the door.

Andrea immediately killed the engine with her first attempt to release the clutch pedal but quickly tried again and did better.

"Start in second gear unless you're starting up a steep hill or loaded heavy, Babe" I instructed.

Andrea nodded an affirmative as we drove up to the blacktop, bordering our driveway. Andrea stopped, looked both ways, and then started off without stalling the engine as we proceeded the short distance to the stop sign on Sunland Gin. Andrea had a little trouble going from second to third gear, mashing the gears slightly, but did fine otherwise. Soon we were motoring along at a good clip past the little Texaco station.

"How's it feel, honey? If you're not comfortable with the truck, I can drive" I said looking over at her.