Andrea Millhouse Pt. 03

Story Info
Continuation of story.
6.5k words
4.7
5.3k
4
0

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/23/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

________ 4 ________

With the red dawning sun came another day and the incessant clicking and buzzing sounds of slowly awakening insects as they began to stir. Mist could now be seen slowly rising from the cliffs as the sun's golden rays chased away the last of the night's fleeting darkness. With the sun, came increasing light and the sustaining warmth for all life.

Not a single sound could be heard, yet far below in the distance, farmer's silhouettes could already be seen working as they began their daily labor. The sun rose higher and a slight breeze from the East ruffled nearby plants with a hushed muffling sound.

A nearby crow cawed loudly as several startled black Ravens rapidly took flight with a mad fluttering of wings. There was then stillness once more as the tiny silhouettes, seemingly never to move, continued their endless toil. Theirs was a hard life but the only one in which they had ever known; it had been this way for thousands of years. The land itself had been here forever and would still be here long after they were gone, when other silhouettes stood in their place.

Now, from behind, came yet another sound. It was very faint at first but it was there and it was familiar, an unmistakable sound. The high pitched whine and rhythmical cacophony left the impression of a single source for the sound but in reality, there were many. The sound slowly increased in volume until it was deafening and nothing else could be heard...There they are, I thought, as they swiftly came over the treetops... twenty one, twenty two, twenty three...twenty four, twenty five of them in staggered formation... the Huey.

"Vietnam was a complicated war..." began the narration of a young man as the camera now panned the soldiers, inside one of the noisy craft. Andrea and I were currently inside the movie theatre of the Riverside Hotel and Casino in Laughlin. The movie was a critically acclaimed piece created by a famous director who stated that his hope was to create a film depicting the actual life of a soldier in Vietnam from his first day in-country to his home coming.

The timeline of the film was early nineteen sixty eight, more than fifty years ago and almost the exact same time as Rick Sheffield's own Service in Vietnam. The film's director had wanted to put the audience THERE in the soldiers own boots and apparently from the hearsay, he'd succeeded.

Hans had recently seen the movie and had highly recommended it to us, so Andrea and I had decided to go see it. The Huey's electrically powered Gatling guns now opened up with a deafening roar and flying shell casings, as ground fire began to ping around the one of the helicopters. "Nothing can ever prepare you for your first time in actual combat...someone on the ground is trying to KILL you and you're trying to kill them..." the same monotone voice now interjected.

I thought of the man Rick Sheffield and wondered what his job, as a soldier in Vietnam, had been. He was the man in love with my beautiful mother, he had been...my Dad, I suddenly thought. The picture then abruptly cut to the State Of The Union Address inside the White House. "Good evening, my fellow Americans. Tonight I want to speak to you of peace, in Vietnam and South East Asia" President Johnson solemnly said into the camera. The time, written at the bottom of the screen, was March, thirty first, nineteen sixty eight.

I knew that Mom most definitely had been somewhere, probably our house in Stony Brook, and watching this very footage while Ricky had lain in his crib or been in her arms as I played with toy cars and trucks on the floor beneath her.

I suddenly thought of the brand new nineteen sixty eight Mustangs on Ford showrooms across the Nation and some of the, now, famous bands that were, then, nothing more than fledgling groups of guitarists and drummers with no seeming apparent direction.

"...No other question, so preoccupies our people..." President Johnson continued, stone faced, on the screen in front of me. My mind suddenly drifted back to the little green house in Stony Brook again and the recently discovered cache of photographs depicting Mom and Rick Sheffield as a young couple.

In a strange way, the photos had somehow brought Mom back to life again for me, but in a way in which I had never actually known her, a girl in love. Watching President Johnson as he spoke made me think of my mother and the heart wrenching apprehension that she must have felt as she watched this very footage in relative real time. The man she loved was THERE, RIGHT NOW, in Vietnam as President Johnson continued speaking into the camera and addressing the Nation. It suddenly seemed real to me and I felt the pain and tremendous emptiness which Mom must have felt.

For the first time in my life I suddenly realized that my mother hadn't been the indestructible adult that I'd always believed her to be...

The movie was an hour and forty minutes long and proved to be very emotional for me in regard to the correlation of historical time and events during a war that had surrounded Mom and Rick Sheffield's romance. When the overhead theatre lights had come back on again it was obvious that the picture had drained Andrea somewhat as well. The title of the film had simply been "Winter Hopewell" and was apparently the true story of a young kid from Kansas that had been drafted into the Army and lived through the experience of daily boredom, loneliness and terror of combat. He had completed his tour of duty and gone home, a changed man forever.

The producer, said to be a Vietnam Veteran himself, had done his job well and placed the audience THERE, within the mire and filth of war, as he had intended to do. Yet, in all honesty I really wasn't sure if the movie itself had been that great. However, my own personal memories of Mom and childhood, which were associated with the movie, had shaken me.

I had been alive during the timeline of the movie but only as a small child. I remembered seeing President Johnson on TV and knew, from Mom, that he was somehow in-charge of things. I had also known that there had been a war raging in a place called Vietnam and that it was tragic but I didn't understand much else.

Andrea and I now followed the crowd of people and left the theatre. We then took the escalator down to the ground floor and walked through the casino with its din of electronic beeps and mechanical melodies emanating from poker games and slot machines. Taking Andrea's hand, I led her through the turnstile and we exited the building.

The evening air was cool and vehicular traffic seemed lighter than usual as we began walking along the sidewalk en route to the condo in a sullen silence. It was now Sunday, one day before our journey with Long Grey Cloud would begin. Andrea and I had arrived from Phoenix and been back in Laughlin since noon.

"There's still about three hours of daylight left, want to do a bike ride?" I suddenly asked.

"I was just going to suggest that, Tim. It might be a good idea to get one in tomorrow morning as well, since we'll be in the truck for a week or so. What time did you want to leave tomorrow?" Andrea replied.

"Hans will pick us up at high noon, we'll go eat then and start on our way." I said.

"Plenty of time for a morning ride, then." Andrea replied.

"Let's hit the vitamins before we ride this afternoon...You alright?" I suddenly asked, looking at her.

"Yes, that was just a heavy movie for me. Are we ever going to stop shooting at each other, Tim?" Andrea asked, in reference to the movie, as we crossed the street.

"I don't know, Andrea, I hope so. Mom used to ask that question a lot, too." I said.

We were then quiet for a few minutes as we continued walking along the sidewalk, hand in hand. It felt good to be outside again with the evening breeze cooling us.

"I thought a lot about Rick and Lovey's photos, during the movie, and about the two of them being in love while Vietnam was going on. It must have been extremely hard for them." Andrea suddenly said, sadly.

"Mom and Rick are together again now, Andrea." I said quietly as I typed in my pass code for the security gate of the condo.

Once inside Andrea's apartment, I went into the bathroom and washed my face and changed into my sweat clothes. Putting my dirty clothes into the washer then, I found Andrea standing in her own sweat clothes at the dining room table while she studied the eight by ten inch color photos of Mom and Rick Sheffield with a magnifying glass.

"What are you thinking, honey?" I asked

"Look at this, Tim. This is the photograph of your mom, the one you have on the opening page your phone and are so fond of. The 'Carnival Photo' as you call it. Look at the shadows in the photo, it's about noonish." Andrea said

Andrea then quickly shuffled through several photos until she found the one that she was looking for.

"Now look at this photograph with Lovey and Rick standing together. Look closely at the shadows, it's about five o clock in this photo. Look at the way he's holding her, Tim. He's holding her- UP, almost as if she has absolutely no energy whatsoever in this photo. Now look at your mom's eyes with the magnifying glass." Andrea said handing me the photo and magnifying glass.

Andrea was right; five o clock shadows did appear beneath the carnival rides in the back ground of the photo I noticed. I then looked at Mom's eyes with the magnifying glass. The eyes had the pain of deep sadness within them and her smile was quite obviously faked. I then looked at Rick Sheffield's eyes under the magnifying glass and saw the same sorrow as Mom's. Mom was clutching a large black and white Panda Teddy Bear with a red ribbon around the neck.

The Panda Teddy Bear looked like something that Rick might have won at one of carnival games for Mom that day. Thinking back now, I don't ever remember the Panda Teddy Bear as a child growing up.

"There's a huge Naval Base in San Diego near the amusement park. Rick was probably going to board-ship for Vietnam within a few hours when this photo was taken. They'd probably spent all day having fun at the carnival with your Aunt Elsie but then at around five o clock, when the realization came that Rick really was leaving for a tour of duty, the emotional let-down probably landed on them like an ton of bricks. At least that's what the body language in the photo tells me." Andrea said quietly.

"I wonder if he'd asked her to marry him, that day at the carnival." I asked

"I don't know, honey, but it's time to put these away for a while now. We've got a road trip ahead of us tomorrow and right now we're going for a bike ride. Get your windbreaker and let's get out of here. "Andrea said stacking the photographs with a wearied finality.

Andrea and I did our usual bike ride, to the park and back. Neither Heather, nor any of the other venders were currently at the park since today was Sunday. It felt good to be out riding again after the three and a half day visit to Bob and Gail's house in Phoenix that week, and in all honesty, I was looking forward to some leisurely time on the road with Andrea.

When we got home, we put our bikes away and threw our sweaty clothes into the washer, but before starting the wash cycle Andrea and I showered together. After I had dried her off with a large towel, she walked into the hallway and started the washing machine without bothering to put any clothes on. It was now nine fifteen PM as we climbed into bed.

"Want to watch something?" Andrea asked.

Neither of us had a TV but Andrea did have an elaborate home theatre set up in her bedroom for DVD and she had some good movies.

"Something light, let's watch one of your Rockford Files, something with Angel Martin in it." I said

"Good idea" Andrea said kneeling down by the cabinet below the screen and looking through her collection.

Andrea and I didn't agree too often on which movies to watch, she liked chick flicks mostly, but both of us did like The Rockford Files and she had the entire collection, along with Colombo and the Frank Cannon P.I. series. We did agree on the movie "Bonnie and Clyde" and for some reason Andrea also liked the movie "Das Boot."

"You won't kick me out of bed for eating crackers, will you?" I asked Andrea as I started eating.

"Depends on how good you are in-bed, tonight, Tim" she said smiling as she pushed the 'play' button for the DVD player.

We cuddled and watched the episode which was forty five minutes long and a nice way to relax with Andrea after our airline flight, bicycle ride and the heavy movie inside the Riverside casino theatre, that afternoon.

"I wonder who the little girl in the birthday party photo, is?" Andrea suddenly asked once the DVD player was off and The Rockford Files was over.

"I don't know, Andrea, but Mom loved it when little kids had birthday parties, she was as excited as they were." I said smiling.

I then continued with "Whoever made the annotations on the back of the photographs made a mistake though, Mom was never in Asia, ever."

"Rick and your Mom took a lot of photographs. It makes sense that whoever labeled them, made at least one error. One of the other photos that I've noticed is also marked "Asia" but it was obviously taken in Seattle, during the sixties, not Vietnam." Andrea replied as she yawned.

"I think Aunt Elsie labeled them, it looks like her hand writing." I said

Andrea and I were still copying, by hand, all of the hand written annotations from the backs of the original photographs which we had found at Mom's house last year. It was time consuming to transfer the hand written notes to each of the new, freshly developed; copied photographs but Andrea and I knew that our efforts could prove valuable in discovering more about the identity of Rick Sheffield later on, as we pieced things together.

Several of the original photographs were still in good shape but many were completely ruined from decay, in most cases this included the hand written annotations on the backs of those photos.

According to the guy at the photo shop, the negatives themselves had been quite well preserved and easy for him to work with. Apparently many of the negatives we had found with the photos had never been developed. These of course, had no annotations - they'd simply been in the pile of negatives stuffed-in with the stack of discovered photographs and other negatives.

I had asked the photo shop to make four complete sets out of the pile of negatives found at Mom's house, all two hundred and thirty seven photographs. Brenda and I already had close to twenty eight hundred dollars, between us, invested in the photos and we still had yet to receive the four large prints of Mom's Carnival photo. A small price to pay, I thought.

"The guy at the photo shop in Vegas said that we're lucky because Rick used a good quality camera and expensive color film in all of the photos, Andrea. He also said Rick must have spent a small fortune on his camera and film, especially for a guy with a Military salary." I said, pulling Andrea close.

"I know, you told me." Andrea said turning out the light and rubbing my chest...

_________ 5 ________

Andrea and I slept-in late on Monday. It was good to be in her bed again with total privacy.

"Morning, love." I said

"Morning, babe" Andrea said rolling on top of me and leaning down for a kiss.

"You're a good lookin' wench aren't you?" I asked, running my hands through her hair and looking up at her, in awe.

"I must be doing something right; I've got you in my bed." Andrea said as she leaned down and kissed me again.

"A little, morning wood, for the lady, perhaps?" I asked rolling my eyes up at her...

A few minutes later she was beginning to moan softly while I tried to stay in sync with her, not too slow, not too fast...

Andrea had crow's feet at the corners of her eyes which the morning sun, shining through the bedroom window, now made obvious as I stared up at her. Andrea didn't like them but I thought they were sexy as hell. "You have crow's feet because you smile and laugh a lot, honey." I had told Andrea in earnest.

Andrea and I now made love slowly, riding the crest of the wave for as long as we could and when she finally did start to slip into her euphoric oasis I went right along with her and we were soon over the edge and lost in a tranquil oblivion together.

Andrea's phone began to buzz on the nightstand.

"Sonofabitch!" Andrea said at the phone's sudden annoyance...

She then picked up the device and looked at the screen.

"I'm going to answer this one, sorry, Tim." Andrea now said, leaning up and putting on her headphones as her phone continued to buzz incessantly.

"Hey!" Andrea answered cheerily.

I stared up at Andrea's face and began caressing her breasts with the back of my fingers as I listened to the one sided conversation. Andrea's eyes were now staring far off into space as she listened to the caller.

"...We leave here at noon."

"Sure, that's fine honey, what's up?"

"...no"

"No, no - you ALWAYS consult with your client BEFORE you make those decisions; it's THEIR money that we're talking about and it-."

"...uh huh, yes I would, if it were me"

"probably, but I'd have to see it first."

" - Honey, the mortgage company could care-less about that and it's the client's decision to make, anyway, not yours."

"That doesn't concern you either, - no that isn't YOUR job so don't create more work for yourself."

"...NOOO, Carl isn't worth a shit to begin with, talk to Brad, ask for him SPECIFICALLY the next time you..."

"...yes, I know"

"You're just over thinking it, honey, and I need to rein you in a little, is all. You'll be fine."

"...We did honey, we both really enjoyed it.'

"Yeah I -...yes, we will and I have the new camera that I'm going to try out. That lady, Brenda, is going to help me start a YouTube page, so we'll see how well it goes I guess."

Obviously it was Connie on the other end of the line. I didn't mind that Andrea used her headphone during some calls and I probably would have been bored with the conversation anyway. Connie was cutting her teeth in real-estate and she had a world class teacher, despite a salty one at times. I thought smiling up at Andrea.

"Karen can help you with that - buy her lunch or something."

"K, love you too, we'll keep in touch honey." Andrea clicked - off and removed the headphones.

"Whatever happened with your deal that you had going on in Phoenix? The trip you took last week when I had my procedure done, the supermarket thing that you were working on?" I suddenly asked as she pulled off the headset.

"I bowed-out of that deal." Andrea said, setting the headphones down.

"Why? You worked so hard on that project and it sounded like a great deal for everyone involved, at least from what you told me." I said

"It could have been." Andrea said, simply.

"What happened? I asked again.

"Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I didn't want to play anymore." Andrea said shaking her head, a little disgusted at the thought.

"I've been on jobs like that myself, Andrea. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians, takes all the fun out of it." I said

"Hello, from my kid, that was her on the phone, by the way." Andrea replied, popping a nicotine lozenge into her mouth.

"Hi, back, Connie." I said quietly.

"Hans will probably call next." Andrea suddenly said, looking at the clock on the night stand.

"Andrea, turn those damn phones - OFF." I said as I began running my hands over her curvy bottom and looking up at her as I arched my hips upwards.

"We're taking our vitamins with us on this trip to Alaska, Tim, especially the Horny Goat Weed." Andrea said smiling at me and leaning down for a kiss.

" My God, you're a nasty - fuck, Andrea." I said in awe of her as we broke from the kiss and I began to feel aroused all over again.

12