Angels of Christmas Ch. 01

Story Info
Problems erupt as Christmas approaches.
15.9k words
4.81
8.5k
8

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 1 - Prologue

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Friday, December 18th, from the Anchor Desk at the KXTC studios. "More legal problems for the University and its embattled President!"

After the hard charging intro music, Bettina began: "University President Sidney P. Wellman is coming under continued fire from all sides, and calls for his resignation or dismissal are increasing in volume and intensity. Student groups are outraged that the University Ethics Board refuses to take action, especially after University Trustee Harold S. Truelove said that there will be no meeting of the Ethics Board until January."

Bettina: "The respected Head of the Political Science Department, Dr. Lionel Carmela, has told Channel Two News that he intends to amend his ethics complaint against Dr. Wellman to include new information that has come out. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing reporter Pat Stellum interviewing Carmela, and Carmela saying "The new information about Wellman and his wife is so disgusting that it will make Donald Troy and his wife Laura Fredricson's sexual deviancies look tame in comparison. Why the Ethics Board refuses to convene when the reputation of the University is being actively destroyed is beyond my comprehension."

Back to Bettina live: "Several tenured professors, whose lawsuits to force the Ethics Board to take fast action were wrongfully dismissed by hardcore conservative Judge Rodney K. Watts, have called upon the University Faculty and Trustees to boycott the University President's Christmas reception, scheduled to take place tomorrow night. This is in addition to calls for donors to withhold donations to the School until the Ethics Board not only convenes, but acts to remove Dr. Wellman as University President. And now let's go to reporter Pat Stellum with another University-related story. Pat!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said the fat-cheeked, fat-lipped Stellum, wearing a stereotypical Press hat and an ill-fitting trenchcoat. "The Social Justice group Citizens for Secular Atheism filed a lawsuit against University Hospital, just as they successfully did last year, attempting to force the cancellation of the Hospital's planned Christmas Concert. Superior Court Judge Harry R. Nance ruled to enjoin the Hospital from having the concert on its grounds."

Stellum: "However, senior Judge Patrick R. Folsom removed Judge Nance from the case, saying that he'd already ordered that Judge Nance could take no new cases since Judge Nance was defeated for re-election to his seat in November. Judge Nance then gave the case to ultra-Conservative Judge Rodney K. Watts."

Stellum: "Judge Watts summarily ruled that the Hospital had rented out the grounds to a private group, called The Guardians Group, and that the Guardians Group could hold a Christmas Concert if they so chose. Last year, that same 'Guardians Group' contracted with the Town & County to host what was called a 'First Amendment Rally' on Christmas Eve night." (Author's note: 'Christmas In The County'.)

Stellum: "But Judge Nance sued Judge Folsom, citing that the case was a continuation of the illegally-held concert last year, and that Folsom did not have the right to unilaterally take the case away from him, Nance, and reassign it. Judge Nance also stated in his suit that the concert was still a religious exercise on State property, and a violation of the separation of Church and State, and asked that the Appellate Court enjoin the Hospital and the Guardians Group from holding the concert."

Stellum: "The Appellate Court refused to issue the stay, and said that the private group had a binding contract and could hold a concert if they wanted to. They did agree to hear arguments over Judge Folsom's right to overturn Judge Nance's ruling... but that won't be heard until late Winter or early Spring next year. Judge Nance also made this public statement. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Judge Harry R. Nance, his face a mask of ugly hatred, practically shouting: "I call upon the State Patrol as well as Federal Marshals to enforce the Constitution and my ruling by forcibly stopping the illegal Christian concert at the Hospital if they attempt to break the law and have it. And I call upon good citizens to also protest and even actively stop the concert from taking place! Filthy Christians cannot be allowed to flout the law! And if they try, they need to be forcibly stopped by the Government with as much force as is needed to teach those filthy Christians and unforgettable lesson!"

Back to Stellum live: "Asked for comment, highly respected Professor Lionel Carmela said this. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Carmela saying "It is an abomination, a disgrace, that biased, openly Conservative judges are allowed to run roughshod over the First Amendment of the Constitution and allow a completely illegal Christian concert on public State grounds. I call upon students and anyone who is outraged by this threat to our Democracy to actively and vigorously protest this illegal Christian concert."

Stellum: "Are you calling upon people to disrupt the concert, sir?"

Carmela: "I'm calling upon people who are tired of White Nationalists like Donald Troy and his corrupt enablers in the Courts to peacefully protest against filthy religious exercises on Government property..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"God damn Carmela." spat Lieutenant Commander Teresa Croyle bitterly as she, Sheriff Griswold, Police Chief Sean Moynahan, Police Commander Donald Troy (that'd be me), and Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone drank coffee in the Chief's Conference Room as we watched the broadcast.

Teresa added: "Now I've got to plan much tighter security and also have Officers working that otherwise would have the time off to enjoy the concert with their families."

"Before you do," I replied, "let's talk about it." Teresa nodded.

"I'm sur-prizzzzed that Judge Fol-smmm overruled Nance so stronglyyyy." drawled Chief Moynahan.

"That's because Folsom is up for re-election in two years, sir." I said.

Tanya said: "And he saw what happened last year, both legally and actually. Binding contract, private group, ten thousand people attending your 'First Amendment Rally', Don. By the way, just who is this 'Guardians Group'?"

"Ohhhhh," I said with a grin, "they're just an LLC, a legally incorporated entity that meets once a year on the back deck of The Cabin. By sheer coincidence, I'm sure, I'm the CEO and President of that group."

"Ahhhh, so you're the one that contracted with the Hospital?" Tanya asked with her cherubic but wicked grin.

"Noooooo." I said, shaking my head vigorously. "It was me last year. But somehow, the CEO and President named a COO and Vice President to the Officers on the documents of incorporation. She happens to be on the Hospital Board, too... when she's not on Desk Duty during the Christmas season."

"Guilty." Teresa said when the others looked at her. "I signed the contract with Seth Warner. And it really is going to be much more than just a Christian Concert. I've got a few surprises lined up."

"So, Crowbar," growled Our Sheriff, "you going to the Wellmans's reception tomorrow night?"

"Absolutely." I said. "Both Laura and I are eager to spit in Carmela's face by showing up. Edward and Stephanie Steele will be going, also."

"As will Todd and me." Teresa said. "And Mr. Truelove and Mrs. Myrtle James will be there."

"So they're not responding to Carmela's call for a boycott?" said Tanya hopefully.

"I wouldn't say that." I said. "According to my secret source, who I sleep with every night, there are three factions among the Faculty: the pro-Wellman group; the anti-Wellman group, a.k.a. the Haters; and the group in the middle."

Me: "Some of those in the third group don't like Wellman but were scared to show that before now. Some of them don't dislike Wellman, but they're scared shitless of being 'canceled' by Carmela and his group of Haters. So a lot of them are sending regrets instead of attending the reception."

Me: "But worse, a lot of donors and boosters have been invited to the reception in the past, and some would come in from out of Town and spend a night so they could attend. But with the allegations against Dr. Wellman, the vast majority of them are also staying away. I've heard that many of them were 'warned' by Carmela's people that their businesses would be targeted if they showed support for Dr. Wellman, and like the scared Establishment rabbits they are, they're capitulating to him."

"I heard that, too." growled the Sheriff. "They've been calling Governor Jared, expressing their concerns about the potential damage Wellman is doing to the University's reputation.

"If Cindy were here," Teresa said cattily, "I'd ask 'What reputation?', just to get her riled up." I noticed Tanya scowl a bit at that, but with Teresa behind her as they faced the television monitor, Teresa didn't see it.

"Well," I said, "it's getting bad, and is only going to get worse. Carmela's out for Wellman's blood after Wellman helped Laura when Carmela went after her. And that bastard is absolutely relentless. He literally considers it to be jihad against anyone not in jackbooted lockstep with his Totalitarian views. Anyone who shows up at the reception is likely to also be targeted."

Tanya said "It's hard to believe that free enterprise businesses would be scared of Carmela, or kowtow to him in any way."

Teresa said "Are you kidding? How many businesses are embracing the pure fraud that is Climate Change, and tripping over each other to be the most 'green'? Just watch their commercials on TV, and you'll see what I'm saying."

I said "I'll give you an even better example: the National Football League. Remember how just a few years ago they were all about Patriotism and supporting the Military and all that? Now? It's all about race with them. A player wears socks showing Police as Pigs because he was about to get cut because he wasn't good enough to stay on a team, and the NFL suddenly supports kneeling during the National Anthem, which is just pure disrespect for America. Then they go out and play the so-called 'Black National Anthem', another insult to America, and the one and only National Anthem we truly have. And one player, who graduated from West Point, was vilified for not kneeling, and for going out and showing respect during that real National Anthem."

I continued: "Just looked at the NFL Network. Nothing but race, all day every day. And worst of all: the NFL gave money to Black Lives Matter, which turned around and used that money to lobby for defunding the Police."

"Strong letter to fol-lowwwww." drawled the Chief, which had become the catch phrase to suggest moving past the political discussions I was not amused, and my look at the Chief conveyed that.

"If you'll excuse us, Chief, Sheriff," I said, "Commander Croyle and I have security matters to discuss." The Chief's look at me matched mine at him.

"Go ahead, Crowbar, Iron Wolf." growled Griswold. "Let me know if I can 'help' with those arrangements." I knew what he was really saying with those words...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"You're right about the NFL." Teresa said as we sat down in my office. "They've totally sold out to political correctness interests, and that's putting it as mildly and nicely as I possibly can. But was the Chief upset about you bringing that up? Or was he just trying to shut down the political talk before you got really upset, and got on a roll?"

I said "I don't know. If he doesn't want me to talk politics, maybe we shouldn't watch Bettina's propaganda-cast."

Teresa said "Exactly. Why does he think we have the coffee klatch? For the coffee?"

I chuckled. "Testify, sister. And if I'm going to get on a real rant, it'll probably be about Carmela. Now he's saying that judges that make rulings based upon the Constitution instead of Nance's activist, hate-filled, Leftist agenda are (air quotes) 'openly Conservative' and 'biased'. Openly attacking the judicial system, and KXTC is giving him the air time to do it."

Teresa said "I think they're bitterly angry, and are lashing out with the rhetoric, because we found a way to beat them with the contracts with the private groups. They tend to get shrill and start the namecalling when they get punched in the mouth like that, legally speaking. But what do you think about Carmela's continued attacks on Dr. Wellman... and now his wife?"

I said "Keep this between us, but Laura told me that Carmela is planning to attack Dr. Wellman and his wife before the Ethics Board for having an open marriage. Not that uncommon in this Town & County, and not much of a secret that the Wellman's have such a marriage, but Carmela will stop at nothing to get Wellman out, and he'll just keep ratcheting it up until he gets his way."

I then reached for my 'ink pen' and turned on the anti-bugging device, and said "As you know, Carmela did that with me and Laura. He kept ratcheting it up until he crossed the line and put out a murder contract on Carole. And now I see him doing the same thing with the Wellmans... getting to the point of 'taking it to the mattresses', so to speak."

"Not saying I'm recommending this," Teresa said, "but how long before someone does take Carmela out, as in completely?"

I just shook my head; even with the bug killer on I was not going to answer that out loud. Instead I shut off the bug-killer and said "Are you and Todd going to the Wellmans's reception tomorrow night?"

"Wouldn't miss it." Teresa said. "Todd is especially eager to go. My only question is if you're wearing your uniform, and just how 'gussied up' you'll be."

"Hmmm...." I said, thinking about it. Then I said: "I normally just wear a suit and tie when I go to academic functions with Laura. While I often like to be direct and confrontational, in this case, with the issues surrounding Dr. Wellman unresolved, I'm not going to stir the pot. Okay, let's talk Concert security..."

Part 2 - A Cool Reception

7:30pm, Saturday, December 19th. We went in a convoy to the University President's home. I always remembered the wonderfully manicured back lawn, but since it was cold we would remain indoors.

We parked in the lot next to the President's Home, a lot that was used by Faculty during the day, and appeared to be separated from the Home by a chest-high hedge. As I opened the shotgun-side door for Laura, I looked around the parking lot, scanning for threats as I always did. I had noticed some young people near the entrance to the parking lot, and recognized a couple of them as student reporters for the University newspaper, The Silver Sentinel. But two of those students I did not recognize, and they appeared to be taking interest in the cars that were arriving.

"Mr. and Mrs. Seth Warner." announced the butler, an older man in a very 'old school' suit. He was not really a butler, but hired to be the announcer. Seth and Joanne Warner had arrived just before us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Todd Burke." announced the butler. Todd and Teresa walked in, Todd in a well-fitting suit with a Rolex watch and a Bulldog blue tie, and Teresa in her 'little black dress' that clung to her body and showed off her hourglass shape perfectly. Her black high heel pumps shaped her legs and ass, and showed the world why Todd married her. Teresa is not one for jewelry, settling for a beautiful pearl necklace and matching earrings. I figured I did not want to know how much that necklace cost.

"Commander and Mrs. Donald Troy." announced the butler as Laura and I came up I was in my black suit that could be worn as a tuxedo. It had thin armor sewn into it, making my broad shoulders look that much more broad. I was wearing a Wildcat red silk tie with a matching red handkerchief in the pocket... and my holstered service weapon was in the small of my back.

Laura was wearing an expensive-looking (and expensive) black dress that showed off her magnificent figure. The dress went down to her ankles with a slit to show off her shapely legs and elegant feet in high heel black pumps. The dress had one strap over her right shoulder, leaving her left shoulder and arm bare. She was wearing diamond earrings, a diamond necklace, and on her left wrist was the diamond tennis bracelet I'd recently given her. The necklace on her bare arm and shoulder gave her the most feminine of aspects: the look of being chained.

It was ostentatious, and Laura had told me she liked to dress up like that at the academic functions "to put those nasty bitches there in their place." In that, she would succeed admirably.

"Councilman and Mrs. Edward Steele." said the butler as Edward and Stephanie Steele came in behind us. Edward was in his best suit, with a Bulldog blue tie. Stephanie was wearing a dress with Christmas holly imprinted on it in a dazzling display of reds, greens, and yellows.

"Oh my God." I gasped when I saw the Wellmans, who were receiving guests in the line ahead of us. University President Sidney P. Wellman normally looked vigorous and healthy, his white hair accenting his seemingly sinister smile and bright eyes. I was shocked at how he looked now: he was gaunt, having lost a lot of weight, and his face was almost a caricature, the sinister smile giving his face and head the appearance of a skull.

His wife Sally was also showing the signs of tremendous stress. She was an attractive late-middle-aged woman, but now she looked exhausted and old, and she looked like she had also lost an unhealthy amount of weight.

Still, she was the perfect hostess, as she always was. She said to Laura "I'm so sorry we couldn't make it to your daughter's play. I heard it was a smashing success." Laura replied that it was, and that the children had performed well.

Dr. Wellman's handshake with me was still firm and vigorous, and he said "I hope to have a few private words with you before you leave tonight." I said I would be glad to.

Laura took a glass of champagne, but I declined. I was driving, and I also had a sense that I needed to keep a clear head on this night. I looked around the large room and observed the people in it. Usually receptions like these were very well attended by Faculty and employees as well as State-level political personages, and the room was full of people moving about and mingling. But on this evening, the room seemed almost empty, and people were clustering in groups, barely chatting at all.

Laura said "Either we are really early, or a lot of people have decided not to attend."

I said "I suspect the latter. Only about half the number of people that normally attend. Is Carmela really that influential, that his call to boycott the reception would be honored by so many people?"

Laura replied "It's hard to say if it's just Carmela. As you know, darling, like you, Sidney Wellman values loyalty very highly. But you inspire loyalty. Wellman demands it, and that's a huge difference. And Sidney has ruled by fear and near-force that you don't have to use with the Police Force."