Arcana's Path Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will never leave you." Violet said firmly, and then blinked, "Well, sort of. I do need to check in on my friend at home. I kinda left before breakfast, because I was looking all zombie movie. But we're going to have pancakes. You and I and no one else."

Rin shook her head and reached out, taking Violet's hand, "You're not leaving me again. Not ever. You hear me? I'm going to be a selfish bitch. I will share your time, Violet. But I am not giving it up. Not one fucking second. I don't know what we are, and I do really hate you right now for the most shit timing in the universe. But your time... Is mine."

"You'll throw up again."

She shrugged, "So? You're mine, witch. Deal with it."

"Um..." Violet went red, "So... Inappropriate but... Sploosh?"

Rin burst out laughing. It wasn't that funny, but she just needed to laugh. So she did, and kept on going, laughing so much that she ran out of breath, out of tears.

Violet laughed along with her, nervous and quiet at first, but ending up just as exhausted and out of it as she did.

---

Arcana blinked away the blue flecks in her vision as she passed beyond the wall, and through the spells she had set up around her apartment. Enough to stop Raz, not enough to even tickle a Fae.

Irquinan lay the sleeping woman down on the couch gently, and brushed the hair from her eyes. "Don't go judging me too harshly, Daughter of Magics. We didn't tell you, because we weren't supposed to tell you... But the rules said nothing about telling her."

"I don't even understand what you've told her. She's going to ask, when she wakes up. Am I going to have answers?" Arcana said fearfully.

He laughed softly, "If you think she'll leave you because she's afraid of some mysterious future, some magical destiny she is supposed to fulfil, you clearly don't know a thing about her."

"Kitty is never afraid. She is unyielding." Arcana agreed quietly, "I get to do the worrying for her. In this case, I get to shit myself whilst she carries on none the wiser. You're not going to tell me what it means."

"I'm not allowed to." Irquinan replied sympathetically as the tears began rolling down her cheeks, "Destiny is a cruel little thing, Daughter of Magics. The reason that destiny takes away your choice, is because no one would choose to follow it if they had the option. You're not the only one with a destiny."

He stood up and began to sparkle with blue magic again, "If she ever wants to run away from that destiny, my people will happily take her in. She represents fun on a new level!"

"Hollow promise." Arcana said bitterly, "Running would require her giving up. Being afraid."

He shook his head, "Not entirely. She might never fear for herself, but her will doesn't have to be broken for her to fear for someone else that she cares about. The Bride loves you deeply, Daughter of Magics."

He vanished, and Arcana collapsed, dropping her head into the side of the couch and sobbed silently.

She'd wanted to show Kitty her world, the fun of flying high above the city whilst solving a crisis. The wind and flames that were Arcana's open highway.

Instead she'd shown her all the worst parts of her life, and dragged her into some messed up prophecy about the end of the world.

Why wasn't it enough to love, and be loved?

Why wasn't it enough for them to find their own freedom in the promise that a shared tomorrow could bring them?

Share tomorrow.

Arcana couldn't even guarantee her that. She'd done her best to forget the massive rant of a curse her mother had put on her head. She hadn't even managed to tell Kitty a tenth of what it was doing.

Or the fact that not even her mother could remove it.

It hadn't worried her at the time. She wasn't in love, she wasn't planning to fall for anyone. She was going to live out her final days playing and training with dragons, surfing that particular high.

Her phone went off.

She sniffled and reached down to pick it up, her voice croaked as she answered. "Hello? Arcana Astria."

"This is the Emergency Response Team, we've detected an unusual spike in demonic energy in your area. We're going to need for you to stay calm and -"

Arcana jerked her head upright, "Demon? I only just got home from the Otherworld. No demon can follow through there... Scanning the building?"

"Ma'am, we need you stay calm and stay put. We will handle this. There is nothing that you need to -"

"Check my name a second time, asshole." She snapped angrily, feeling protective of Kitty as her eyes flashed around. None of her protection spells had been damaged or even disturbed. Irquinan hadn't opened a hole for anything to walk through.

Arcana raised a timid wand over Kitty, hoping that she was wrong. The shadow stretched backwards and climbed up the wall.

She swallowed nervously, leaning her head to keep her phone in place as she took a step backwards, "You're going to need to send that breach team immediately. I just found a second managuise inside Kitty. And its been there at least as long as the last one, and I... I really don't think its alone."

It leaped at her.

Arcana dropped the phone and flicked her wrist, "Eratigan nas!"

A mass of writhing tentacles was torn free of the shadow, slamming into the wall with a solid thud that cracked the plaster. It roiled and fought against her spell, growing and bursting forth out of itself.

A bead of sweat ran down the side of her face as she felt her exhaustion from already spending so much of her limited magic.

As the first managuise began to scream, Arcana felt a tentacle wrap around her ankle. She groaned, gritting her teeth as she felt it trying to bite into her soul, into all the shame and pain she carried with her.

What was the point of fighting it?

Let it consume her.

Hooks emerged from the tentacle, sinking into her as the demon latched into her. Others slithering up her and leaving a trail of black ichor behind. The substance burrowing into her head and lighting up two parts of her brain simultaneously.

What the hell. May as well let it fuck her to death.

The wand fell from Arcana's hand, before another tentacle streaked out of Kitty to wrap around her wrist. The hooks burying themselves as it took control of her arm, preventing her from trying to reach for the weapon... Not that she would.

More tentacles curled around her. More than one creature spilling out of Kitty and wrapping itself around her. Ichor coated Arcana as the things wrapped around her entire body, lifted her into the air by wrists and ankles.

One slimy limb slipped around her head, covering her mouth, before the tip of a deft one wormed itself inside her underwear and dove inside her. Arcana's grunt was muffled as the too-big limb tried to fit inside her.

She felt it dully as hooks latched onto her inside. It didn't hurt, but it wasn't altogether pleasant. She could feel it distantly as the hooks detached, breaking off and sinking into the walls of her cunt.

The tentacle inside her began to writhe. Rolling over as it thrashed back and forth, making her moan into the thing covering her mouth. It tickled at her g-spot, and somewhere deeper, making her cry out.

Arcana's eyes rolled back as she felt it numbly - the thing was trying to climb in deeper, directly into her womb. Pleasure pouring through her nervous system as it fucked her stupid.

She smiled, laughing giddily. She could just imagine her girlfriend's confused and angry face when she told her that she was pregnant with a demon baby, and it belonged to Kitty.

The laughter cut off with a grunt as it actually began to push through her cervix. Opening her up. Her eyes watered, despite the way into had sucked all of her pain away. Didn't mean her pussy wasn't being stretched to its limits by the thick limb.

The tentacle thrashed back and forth, fucking her as it held her in the air. She could feel it begin to swell, bubbling as an egg travelled along the length before it shoved the item through and into her womb.

Arcana cried out in pain, and pleasure, as it made her cum.

The windows behind her shattered, "Eratigan nas!"

---

"That you, Violet? Oh. Um... Hi, there."

Rin waved from where she was heaving into the sink, and turned around groggily, "Uh. Sorry, I don't do teleporting well. You must be Violet's roommate. I'm... Sorry about what happened? What exactly are people supposed to say at times like this?"

The woman smiled at her sheepishly, "Thanks, I guess. Wait, I remember you. You came by the cafe once every couple of months, didn't you? Should have figured you were a witch."

"Not a witch." Rin shook her head, "Not even close. What about you?"

"Nooo." The roomie laughed.

Rin glanced over at Violet who was returning from outside with a basket of eggs. "She's the only witch I know."

"Be glad of it." The other woman said bitterly, "One I knew beat me up for dating her ex-husband. Who she paralysed with fear or something and he practically ate his thumb."

"Oh, yeah." Violet said and put the basket down, fishing in a cabinet before emerging with a sheet of glowing brown pills and tossed them on the table. "Get Sam to take one of these each morning. It'll help with the regeneration. Little something like a thumb is easy, it'd happen anyways, but over like twelve months. This is a little cheat to turn it into weeks."

Rin stared at them, "Are those radioactive?"

"As much as anything is." Violet shrugged, "Um, Sara, I know that you probably need me around right now, but..."

The other woman burst into a wide grin, "You're her girlfriend. Oh my god, Violet! No wonder you've been so happy the last few days. You finally hooked up with someone! And I go and interrupt. Was the spare room cleaned up for her?"

Rin shook her head, "No. No, I am not. Stop looking at me like that. I am not dating her. She's just sort of... I dunno. Trying to cheer me up? Spoiling the shit out of me?"

"Sounds like a girlfriend."

Violet giggled, "First, Sara, yes I am into her. Well done for spotting the blithering obvious. Secondly, no, she isn't. I just decided to make her a project after I noticed how down she was last time she came in. We're friends."

The woman nodded slowly, "Right. And with what's happening with you, the two of you made plans and stuff. Make the most of things. Actually, that might be fine. Sam and I have been... Feeling guilty. Thought we might have chased you off."

Rin whipped around, "You told your waitress you were dying before you told me!?"

"Oh. Whoops." Sara cringed.

Violet sighed, "She saw me bleeding. And maybe feint. I didn't have a lot of choice, Rin, but I didn't tell her everything. Nor do I ever cook pancakes for anyone but you."

"What the shit, Violet?" Sara exploded, "She gets your pancakes? You swore you were never going to make those anymore!"

Rin glanced between them, "Well, they are nice but... Is there a story there?"

Violet rubbed her temples, and shook her head, "I spent an entire day making them one day for a charity event. Grew to hate them."

"For a boyfriend who dumped her the next day." Sara added in the essential context.

Rin grinned at the witch, who finished playing around with the fridge. Violet spoke, "So, there's sandwiches in here. And the pizza place. If you need anything, including a hug, call me. Guilt free, Sara."

"Because the two of you will definitely not be naked. Got it."

Rin's smile vanished, "Damn it. I am not her girlfriend!"

"Well, I'm going to go ahead and separate you two." Violet stepped in, "Um... Rin..."

"Eugh. Teleporting." She winced, "Can you get us close to the kitchen sink?"

"No... I need to check in on Chelsea, again. And yell at her for leaving home the other day." The witch said nervously, "So... Is that okay?"

Rin shrugged and took her hand, "Yay. Here comes the vomit."