Ascension of Azaron Pt. 10

Story Info
Azaron looks to become emperor of the Etherscape.
3.6k words
4
437
1
0

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 01/28/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is part 10 of my Ascension of Azaron series, the plot of which is heavily reliant on events in the previous chapters. I encourage you to read those for context before jumping into this story, unless that's your thing, in which case welcome.

Part 10: Emperor

It took only a few weeks for Pheamiril to arrange the meeting. The court was more interested in the offer than she would've liked, but they were desperate. The line of stewards who sat on the throne in the emperor's absence had been ineffective for the last four generations and the Hegemonies, or the sixteen most prominent noble families, had engaged in several wars since the death of the last emperor. The empire existed only in name, and only a great ruler could reunite it.

Despite this, the Hegemonies still long for the return of the emperor to restore order and keep the other powers encroaching on their worlds at bay. Their rivalries ran deep and the wars against various pretenders almost tore the empire apart, but they had been part of the empire for so long they couldn't think of a different system, and they desired greater collective security, especially at this time of great cosmic war.

Azaron was mighty, and he was ruler of many realms, but if he was not of the royal blood, then it mattered little to the nobles who had no interest in scaling back their power on behalf of another pretender. Many outsiders wanted the throne and the vast resources of the Etherscape for their own ends, but they had been beaten back thus far. But as the rivalries intensified it became harder to form the alliances and muster the resources necessary to wage wars to defend the Etherscape. When Pheamiril was available she intervened to assist the Etherscape, acting irrespective of the Hegemonies and securing her much respect among both the Hegemonies and the common people.

Pheamiril's wide respect cultivated over the last four centuries meant that she was able to bring Azaron to them without objection. All the Hegemonies sent representatives to the palace to greet the potential emperor. Many of them were aware of his reputation by now and were hoping that he would be emperor so they would have a strong protector, others wanted to look to the gods and refuse him. All the bickering would be pointless until he was deemed emperor or not.

Siv was keeper of the palace and leader of the Throne Maidens, the elite all-female guard of the emperor. Siv was the real power within the palace as the steward was kept busy with concubines and lacked the respect of the Hegemonies anyway. She welcomed Pheamiril and Azaron with enthusiasm and brought them to the West Tower to have the great mages of the Tel'Annu Hegemony as well as using ethertech made by some of the greatest engineers.

"Ethertech?" Azaron asked as they waited for the team of engineers to set up various machines.

"Yes, the Etherscape is bonded by a unique type of magic called ether, and all our mages are trained to use it. Many who come here find their magic less powerful since it is drawn from different energies," Siv Explained politely as she oversaw the preparations.

Siv had deep red hair pulled back in a ponytail and her soft features seemed out of place with her stern demeanor. She wore red and gold armor with technology Azaron was wholly unfamiliar with, yet fascinated by, including multiple firearms. Asking about the weapons would have to wait until after the tests were done, as they would not share any of their secrets with an outsider.

"The scanner is ready," one of the engineers said, stepping away from the large machine. He then turned to Azaron "Step into the circle, please."

Azaron stepped into the stone circle illuminated by blue rays and blinking metal machines. The machines then hummed as they scanned his body for traces of ether.

"How can these contraptions tell if I'm the emperor?" Azaron asked.

"The imperial lineage has a connection to the ether stronger than any other family, and this connection, while useless outside of the Etherscape, will still show under the scanners since the connection is never diluted.

"Fascinating..." he mused, still entranced by everything he saw.

When the machines finished their scanning a tall woman in a tight blue dress and gold headdress approached and began a ritual with a few of her assistants. When all the tests were done the woman spoke with the engineers and reviewed their findings.

Azaron waited patiently as Pheamiril shook her head, marveling at his arrogance.

"Still feeling good about this?" She asked with a wry smile.

"I am," he admitted confidently. "Why? Do you want a turn?"

"I think I'm good," she said, shaking her head.

"Well, Azaron..." one of the researchers said, walking over to him nervously. "We uh... we ran our tests and well... based on the data it seems that... I guess you could say..."

"You lack the connection to the ether the imperial line would have. You are not the emperor," the noblewoman declared with a hint of annoyance.

"-Oh," Azaron was genuinely shocked by this news, things had gone so well thus far he just took this for granted.

"Well that just sucks, doesn't it?" Pheamiril mocked. "Better luck next time, guess we'll be on our way."

"Well now hang on..." Azaron stopped her, trying to think of something to salvage this.

"For what?" Pheamiril asked indignantly.

"What if... I mean... couldn't we test her?" Azaron offered, gesturing to Pheamiril.

"Not this again," the phoenix rolled her eyes in exasperation.

"Honestly, you might as well try. You already go out of your way for this place," he pressed.

"Pheamiril has rejected the offer already," Siv explained.

"See this is my problem, why turn it down? Why not at least humor us to be sure?" he asked, stepping out of the circle.

"-I... it isn't me. How could I be the emperor?" Pheamiril angrily retorted.

"Why are you so against being tested if you're so confident you're not?"

"I don't want to be the emperor!" She insisted.

"Why?"

"I can't!"

Azaron stared at her as realization set in. "You knew this whole time and you just let these people think the emperor was lost?" he continued. He didn't raise his voice but kept on her as the others in the tower looked on with shock.

Pheamiril grit her teeth and stood in silence. The room stared at her while she looked at the floor, protecting herself from recognizing their gaze.

There was a mix of emotions in all parties as they realized what this meant. The tension prompted Pheamiril to storm out, her red hair glowing with the power of the phoenix as her rage and shame flared.

"... What if she doesn't take up the throne?" Azaron asked seriously, looking to Siv.

"I... I don't know for sure... but I don't think we'd ever agree on anyone else," She admitted with a deep sigh.

Azaron nodded slowly and took a deep breath. "I'll do what I can." He then stepped out of the room and went to find Pheamiril.

...

She stood out on a balcony overlooking the imperial garden when Azaron finally found her. He kept a distance so as not to make her feel trapped.

"How long have you known?"

"...My whole life," she admitted softly, her gaze still resting over the peaceful garden trees with their various colorful fruits and small songbirds.

"You came here to help them, knowing they were yours to look after."

"I... Yes..." she breathed deeply as she tried to keep her cool. "The power of the Phoenix is immense, and my powers as empress are equally great... greater than I can control. I am liable to blow up like a bomb if I can't keep myself centered. I live far from anyone so that if the spirit of the phoenix takes hold of me, no innocence will be harmed."

Azaron let the silence linger for a moment before he continued. "I understand your concerns, and I can't tell you that you are right or wrong, but this is your responsibility, and if you don't step up and deal with it these people will continue down their path of ruin."

Pheamiril said nothing, letting the sounds of the birdsongs fill her mind.

"If you want help to go forward... I will help you, but if you reject your calling there is nothing that can be done."

"You'd help yourself to this empire," she scoffed.

Azaron stepped up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I want to help you. This is your empire, and if you don't want to participate in my war, I have no right to tell you otherwise."

Pheamiril turned to face him, searching his eyes for deceit, but to her surprise she found sincerity.

"I am confident of my victory even if the Etherscape doesn't commit to my side, but I want you to do what is right by the people you care for."

"... While I find your arrogance intolerable... I appreciate the sentiment," she spoke softly as she considered her position.

"If it is the spirit of the Phoenix you fear, perhaps there is a way to tame or reason with it," he said, letting his thoughts flow as he tried to think of solutions.

"And you think you can tame it?" she scoffed.

"I kind of assumed you'd have to."

"Yeah, well I've tried to no avail."

"Perhaps together we ca-"

"I can't put anyone in that kind of danger."

"If anything happens to me it will be my own fault."

"You just married Istoril and there is a war you started. People depend on you, you can't behave so-" she stopped as Azaron looked down at her knowingly, then turned away from him. People depended on her too.

"Part of being a leader is making difficult decisions. I am confident that if my power is insufficient to tame it then you are right to be afraid, but we must know for sure, and I think we can make this work."

"..... Fine," she finally relented.

"How do we do this?" he asked.

"We should find someplace more secluded," she whispered.

...

They went to a small lake close to her current home. The lake was said to have healing properties and was far enough from anything to assuage her fears of destruction. She told Azaron how she had lovers in the past, but the power of the phoenix was released during passionate love making and since then she has remained a recluse.

"This time will be different," he assured her calmly, removing his clothes by the clear water.

"How do you know?" she asked, holding her naked body.

"I don't know, I just believe," he admitted.

"Like you believed you were the emperor?" she scoffed.

"Like I believed I was the Grand Adonis," he countered.

"Let's hope you're right," she sighed, dropping her arms, and exposing her pale skin to the cool air.

Azaron held her hand and leaned in to kiss her. She returned his affection softly and tentatively, slowly trying to let go, fighting her fear and anxiety.

Azaron placed his hand on her back and ran it down to her butt, taking a handful of her small, soft cheeks.

"What if this doesn't work?" she gasped, pulling back from their embrace.

Azaron pulled her body to him as he leaned in. "Then we should at least have a good time."

"You are insufferable," she hissed.

"I know." He smiled as their lips met, this time with much more passion. Their tongues intertwined and Pheamiril held his back, gripping his flesh before letting her hands explore his body freely. They held this embrace for some time before Azaron could feel the heat of her body rise.

"You think you can tame me, godling?" Pheamiril spoke, but her words were not her own. Her once blue eyes now burned a bright orange and she smiled at him wickedly.

"Indeed, I will," he proclaimed.

Pheamiril took him by the neck and drove him to the ground, her slim body landing on him as she began to laugh madly. Her red hair burned with fire as her body became unbearably hot. Any mortal man would've been incinerated here, but Azaron was not a mortal man.

He took hold of her body and rolled her onto the ground, pinning her there with his massive frame.

"You dare to enter me? My pussy simply burns with lust!" she hissed.

"I have no doubt," he admitted as he summoned his second cock and began to drive them into her with determination. Her pussy did burn, and Azaron struggled to stay hard as his dick was enveloped in flame, but he had promised Pheamiril, and he would not back down now.

He pulled her into another deep kiss and their tongues battled until he pushed his way into her mouth. When he did this, the phoenix growled and bit down hard on his tongue. Azaron grunted and gripped her neck. As she gasped, he pulled his bleeding tongue back and spit in her mouth.

The phoenix growled as mighty wings of flame sprouted from her back, burning the grass and sand on which she lay. They wrapped around the pair as they locked in embrace, Azaron still thrusting inside of her as the powerful wings burned into his back. The phoenix met his thrusts even as she resisted him.

Azaron smiled triumphantly as he felt her thrusts. "You've waited for someone to come and tame you, you beast!"

"I am the mighty phoenix; I will never submit!" she yelled as the flame in her eyes burned brighter.

While she was starting to give in, she was nowhere near submission, and Azaron was running out of tricks. His lust aura was fully active, but the effects were greatly mitigated. His ability to induce orgasm with a touch wasn't working. His divine body was able to resist her flames but still took a lot of damage and he couldn't hold out forever. But as he had said before, the might of the Phoenix was not his to control.

"Pheamiril!" he shouted down at her, looking past the inferno before him and searching for the soul of the woman he so admired. "You must resist its power! You have the strength within you!"

"I am her strength!" the phoenix shouted back.

"No... she contains you with her will. You would dominate her every waking moment if you could, but you can't. Her connection to the ether will only make her stronger. You fear what she will become and cloud her judgment."

Her eyes shut and her head turned as she growled, the fight within her raging visibly as Azaron's words reached Pheamiril.

"I give you my power, Pheamiril..." he said, thrusting with greater determination "Resist her!" he grunted, pouring his magic sperm inside of her.

Pheamiril let out a gasp as she absorbed his magic, fighting back against the spirit of the mighty phoenix as she met Azaron's thrusts, trying to get every drop of his cum.

"No...NO!" she shouted as the power burst from her, throwing Azaron across the beach.

Pheamiril gasped for air as she took control of her body once more. The flames of the phoenix faded as she found the strength to contain it. As she caught her breath, she tried to pull herself up onto her hand as she sat on the charred ground and shards of glass.

"Azaron..." She looked across the beach for him, seeing his body lying by the water.

After a few more moments she found the strength to stand and stumbled over to his scorched body.

"Oh, Azaron..." she gasped as she fell to her knees and pulled on his arm to roll him onto his back. She held his face gently as tears swelled in her eyes. Pheamiril did her best to control her breath as she harnessed the power of the phoenix. Despite how it still fought her, she pulled forth the magic to heal some of Azaron's wounds, pulling him from his unconscious state.

Azaron smiled weakly "That... that was some pretty intense sex," he laughed.

Pheamiril laughed with him as she brushed away tears. "Thank you."

"I did what I could to help... but you did the real work."

"I... I still have a lot to learn before I have mastered this... and I'd like your help," she said softly as she took his hand.

"Sure thing... After I nap for a bit."

...

It took Azaron only about a day to recover fully. By then Pheamiril had agreed to prove through the tests that she was the true empress of the Etherscape. The coronation would be next week, and brides would be presented to cement her union with the most prominent Hegemonies.

In the meantime, she returned to Azaron to check in on him.

"You look good," she smiled, making light of the many scars across his body.

"Thanks, I've never been better," he joked.

Pheamiril sat on the bed with him and placed her hand on his arm. "Thank you."

"I'd do it all over again if I had to."

"Let's hope you don't have to," she laughed.

Azaron laughed with her "fair enough.

Pheamiril smiled brightly at him and let out a contented sigh. "I want to thank you for helping me," she said as she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"That's not necessary," he assured her.

"No, but I want to," she insisted.

Azaron chuckled, "So be it then."

Pheamiril's cheeks reddened as she pulled the covers back from the bed to reveal his naked body as she stared at his cock. She then climbed onto the bed and took his growing rod in her hand, pumping it gently a few times before planting a kiss on the tip.

Azaron let out a contented sigh as she skillfully worked his cock.

She then placed her lips around the head, swirling her tongue around a few times before lowering her head down further, then drawing it back, and going further down his stiff cock. As she did this, she took his balls into her hand, rubbing them gently as she continued to work the hard dick that inched closer to the back of her throat.

"I don't believe your sexual encounters are as limited as you've said," he teased.

"I only had sex a few times. I've done other stuff with few issues," she told him telepathically.

"Fair enough," he sighed with a grin, enjoying her work.

Pheamiril pumped his cock into her mouth slowly a few more times, then removed it, spit on the top and rubbed it into his cock with her hand. She then looked into his eyes as she licked up from the base of his cock to tip and swirled her tongue around again, licking up the precum that built at the top. She planted another kiss on the tip before lifting her head. "I said this was a thank you, but really I want more of that magic jizz so I can keep control over this monster inside me," she teased.

"You mean the phoenix or your desire to bone me?" he teased back.

"Mmmm, both," she giggled, then resumed her work on his thick cock.

She pumped it with more energy now, sucking it into her mouth and bobbing her head with speed, her hand gliding just in front of her pink lips.

Azaron closed his eyes and let the sensations consume him as his cock was skillfully worked by the gorgeous red head kneeling between his legs. His dick twitched happily in her warm mouth as she pressed the large thing to the back of her throat, gagging on it for a second before pulling back to the tip and catching her breath.

She then looked up at Azaron with lusty eyes and telepathically told him "Take me. Grab my hair and fuck my pretty face."

Azaron didn't question this, just took a fistful of her hair, and started working his cock with her mouth. "You make a sweet little fuck toy," he teased.

Pheamiril whined and moaned as she fought the urge to finger herself.

Azaron moaned as his orgasm built. The sounds of Pheamiril's sloppy motions as he slid her face along his shaft and the feeling of her moaning and gagging on his dick were soon too much and he grunted as he slammed her face down hard on his cock, spilling his seed in the back of her throat.

Pheamiril held his thighs as she tried to take in all his cum, but as she gagged it started to spill out around his cock. When Azaron let go of her hair she pulled herself off his cock and began licking the cum off his balls. She then gave the slick shaft a few more pumps and licked the leftovers off his tip.

"You're welcome," he teased.

Pheamiril rolled her eyes "Still insufferable as ever."

"Anytime, baby," he winked.

Pheamiril hated how much his arrogance turned her on, but it was a bit late to be upset about that. She wiped her face and sat up, then let out a sigh as she smiled at him.

12