Augur Ch. 07

Story Info
Jack learns about his new Sidhe vassal, Cindy goads & rides.
6.2k words
4.86
10.6k
19

Part 7 of the 16 part series

Updated 01/25/2024
Created 12/19/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kinje
Kinje
387 Followers

The car ride back to my apartment was silent for the first fifteen minutes as I tried to process what just happened.

Cindy was comfortable with silence, the Sin Demon never feeling the need to speak just for the sake of speaking. When I checked the rear view mirror, Aubrette, my newly sworn High Sidhe vassal was wide eyed, her head swiveling around from side to side to take in the landscape rushing past us. Her lips were a tight pale line across her face, and it occurred to me that this was very likely the woman's first ride in a car, and no one explained to her what was going to happen.

That left me to be the first to speak. I did my best to keep my voice level, and calm, both because I didn't think letting panic rule me was a good way to get information, and because I didn't want to distress Aubrette any more than she already was. "Cindy, can you please give me your best summary explanation for how and why I have a High Sidhe who has sworn fealty to me."

"Of course, Master." The diminutive blonde paused for only a moment to gather her thoughts, her voice showing none of the signs of strain that mine probably carried. "Aubrette was exiled from Faerie, for reasons she has not yet explained, but which apparently cause her much personal shame. She is a Noble Sidhe - once a titled High Sidhe. She is not royalty, but was ranked within their courts. High Sidhe are creatures of magic and Glamour, much as I am a creature of Sin."

My head spun with the deluge of information, and I paused Cindy to clarify, "And Sidhe is another term for the... denizens of Faerie, the realm they come from?"

Cindy quickly clarified, "The Sidhe are one of the peoples of Faerie, divided into many peoples, of whom High Sidhe are but one." She paused briefly there to ensure I was caught up, so I motioned for her to continue without taking my eyes off the road. "Within the Fae realm, a Noble Sidhe cast out from her court would begin to wither and fade, as the ambient Glamour is spoken for by the ruling members of the royal houses. Outside of Faerie, Glamour is free, but scarce. It would not be fitting for a Noble Sidhe to allow herself to meet an undignified end through starvation, so the traditions of her court insist that she expend what magic she has and send it out into the world. The natural cycles of Glamour would eventually allow it to return to Faerie, where it would be absorbed by the monarchs and granted to a new High Sidhe, raising her to Noble Sidhe status in the coming centuries."

"Aubrette intended to do exactly that on arriving in the mortal realm. Her Glamour is expended most quickly when acting on others, so rather than singing for a month in the woods until she perished, she sang for the first lesser beings she encountered, some sheep, and the humans who arrived. She was prepared to do so until her reserves were empty and she expired."

I glanced into the rear view mirror once more, checking on my new vassal. Now that we had been driving for some time, she had begun to calm, her posture relaxing very slightly, but she continued to swivel her head around and take in the sights. From my perspective, this part of the drive was pretty, but boring - lots of trees, lots of highway, random other cars, but little else to look at. It seemed to fascinate Aubrette despite the lack of variety.

"Instead, shortly after she began her endeavor, she was approached by a mortal and an infernal entity who served him. Though her kind has not had much contact with the mortal world in recent centuries, any who hold the leash of a Sin Demon are not to be ignored. Further, you were protected by powerful wardings, such that even her strongest Glamour did not ensnare you when she was trying to expend the last of her magic. I explained that you had been called on to protect the people of the farm, and while High Sidhe have little regard for those they see as lessers, you showed yourself as worthy of respect. Further, she could feel the magic flowing through you. You ordered her to obey the customs of the land, and then offered an escort through it. The only way that could happen was her joining her magic to yours, so she pledged her fealty to you. She is now drawing on some of the magic you obtain from bonding me to sustain herself."

Having obeyed my order, Cindy reached across the center console and placed a dainty hand on my leg. My eyebrows shot up at her sudden intimacy in the presence of our guest, but before I could ask she leaned towards me and added, "You will need to provide additional Sin to compensate for the power she is drawing from me, through you. Fortunately, the amount you have been providing is more than that which I require, so I do believe this is well within your capabilities. She should also be able to assist."

I checked the rearview mirror again, and this time Aubrette was still, her gaze fixed inside the car rather than out the windows. I didn't want to take my eyes off the road long enough to study it in depth, but I was sure the look on her face was interest rather than revulsion. Still, I reached down and gently squeezed Cindy's hand, before delicately picking it up and placing it back in her own lap.

She permitted me to do so, but when I released her hand, she immediately grabbed mine, pulling it into her lap. I rolled my eyes at the insatiable demon's antics, leaving my fingers on her thighs for the moment rather than fighting her over it. "And how do you think she will react when she realizes I am not, in fact, a lord here in the mortal realm, and am only a mortal who happened into power beyond my means."

Cindy slid my hand between her thighs, squeezing them around my fingers as she answered. "Master, you are a lord as far as she is concerned. The High Sidhe do not respect the power structures of mortals. She would not be impressed by the puppet monarchy of England, nor the elected rulers of this land. You own the power of a Sin Demon, and have excess to sustain her. That is what impresses her." She paused for just a moment, and I could feel her slender thighs rhythmically flexing in deliberate provocation as she did. "Perhaps if she were to encounter a powerful Wizard she would revise her opinion, but in truth, your arrival was extremely fortuitous to her. I suspect that in addition to her loyalty, you will retain her gratitude for the remainder of your long life."

Every time I tried to withdraw my fingers from between the Sin Demon's legs, she squeezed her thighs around me, occasionally using her hand to guide me back when I nearly escaped. I thought about objecting verbally, but... honestly, it was hot, and I didn't really need that hand to steer, so I instead let her keep it trapped while I focused on driving and the conversation.

"Ok, I guess I understand from her perspective. She was in a bad situation, then I showed up and offered her a way out. But... look, it's not that I'm not sympathetic to a woman in a bad way..."

Cindy interjected quietly, her thighs squeezing around my fingers again, "A beautiful woman in a bad way."

I continued without acknowledging the point, "But how am I meant to house her? You've seen my apartment. It's not like I have an extra bedroom to offer her. I certainly don't have the means to dress her if she's used to wearing silks like what she's in now. Does she eat food? I'm not struggling as much as I was before you came along, but I'm not rich either."

The Sin Demon's tone remained equanimous. "Master, I believe you will find she increases the wealth of your house, both magical and mundane. The Fae are creatures of passions and excesses, and while I cannot draw on her Sin anymore than I can my own, her powers should be able to enhance the Sin generated by mortals. Additionally, she is your vassal. While you are responsible for ensuring she is guided and protected in this world, she has an equal responsibility to serve you. If the financial burdens of her upkeep are too onerous, simply command her to pay tribute. Taxes, I believe would be your modern term for it. To demand that she contribute to her own upkeep would not be unreasonable. You may of course command me to discern the full measure of your responsibilities and privileges in regards to the newest member of your House."

I grumbled quietly under my breath, "That would have been nice before I apparently accepted her oath of loyalty." I then continued more loudly, "Yes, please do so, but first - is she going to be able to communicate with anyone? She's going to struggle if you are literally the only person she can talk to."

Cindy remained as unflappable as ever. "Of course. Now that she is your vassal, she should already be absorbing your knowledge and language. It is the nature of the Fae to mirror the mortal realm, and only her long absence from this world has resulted in her... outdated speech."

I took a long breath, eventually managing to work my hand free of the Sin Demon's legs, and eventually decided, "Alright. We'll give it a try." Tilting my head a little so I could pitch my voice at the High Sidhe, I put on my best chipper voice and called back, "Aubrette, welcome to my family."

To my surprise, when I glanced in the rear view mirror, I saw a smile on her face.

********************

Cindy and Aubrette spoke together for the remainder of the drive back to my apartment, and for the most part I tuned them out. I couldn't understand the strangely familiar words they were using, so I focused on getting us safely home. The two seemed animated at times, though, leaving me wondering what exactly they were discussing.

As we approached my apartment block and more of the city outskirts came into view, Aubrette suddenly trailed off. Glancing in the rear view mirror showed that she was once more gazing out the car windows to take in the sights. We weren't even in the city proper yet, but I supposed the sudden appearance of building after building, housing thousands of people and hundreds of shops, was an unexpected change.

Once parked, I acted the proper gentleman and opened the High Sidhe's door for her, then offered my hand to help her out of the vehicle. She looked at it awkwardly for a moment and hesitantly spoke, and I realized the issue before Cindy had time to translate. Stepping forward, I leaned over Aubrette to help her unfasten the seatbelt. Again, I had to invade her personal space a little to do so, but this time I was surprised when I felt her face press against my shoulder. It only took me a moment to release the catch, the contact was brief - enough so that I didn't really have time to register it - but as I stepped back to again offer my hand to the redheaded woman, I noticed her fair cheeks were blushing a gentle pink.

She accepted my help, gracefully emerging from my Honda and joining Cindy behind me as we walked towards my apartment.

The three of us passed Sara in the hallway, and I received a raised eyebrow from my pretty landlady at the additional company, but she made no move to stop me, so I hurried past rather than get bogged down in an explanation I wasn't sure I'd be able to give.

Once we arrived at my door, I ushered the two women inside, and locked up behind us. My recent additional income had me in better standing than I had managed previously, but to my eyes, it was still obviously a bachelor's apartment. I glanced around the sparsely furnished living room, eventually motioning for Aubrette to seat herself on my couch. She did so with the same prim grace she had used when getting into my vehicle, understanding my gesture without the need for words.

I then waited awkwardly, trying to figure out how to proceed. Fortunately, before the silence had time to draw out too long, I was saved by Cindy. "Master, I know you have work you need to perform later today. Even with what you have drawn from me this morning, your earlier offering of Lust should suffice for the day. With your permission, I would like to use your laptop and the television to begin to introduce Aubrette to the present era."

A feeling of relief washed over me on hearing Cindy's plan, and I quickly nodded my assent. "You do that. Can you please find out if there is anything she will need to get through the evening? I can make a quick trip to the stores before I have to head out."

The Sin Demon addressed Aubrette, and after a rapid-fire exchange of words, she turned back to me. "She states that while she would appreciate bread and wine, she does not yet require anything. I believe that what we have in the refrigerator should suffice should she change her mind."

I smiled at the pair of women, Cindy seating herself beside the Sidhe and opening the laptop, and left the pair to it. While they began speaking, I took my phone and laid down on my bed atop the covers, beginning to look up what information I could find about the Fae.

********************

It turned out there was a ton of information about the Fae, Faeries, Sidhe, and their myths, legends, and customs out there. So much information, and so much of it contradictory, speculative, mythological, or fictional that getting a picture of the truth was going to be nearly impossible. I knew that I could eventually ask Aubrette for explanations, but until she managed to learn our language I was hoping to avoid major missteps.

When I finally put my phone away and got dressed to head out to my evening appointments, I felt like I had picked up a few common themes, but also as though there was much yet to learn.

The two women were still seated on the couch when I emerged from my bedroom, animatedly talking over my laptop, with what looked like a video of the interior of a factory playing. I wasn't exactly sure what Cindy was covering, or why that seemed important to her, but I shrugged my shoulders and called out, "I'll be back in a couple of hours. Cindy, do your best to take care of her while I'm gone. Standard rules apply, I'll see you soon."

The 'Standard rules' phrase was something I had come up with to give the Sin Demon a set of behaviors and orders to follow in my absence. Though I had been bringing her with me to assist with magical services lately, I did still need to leave her in my apartment from time to time, so I had a list of things she was instructed to do, and a much longer list of things she was ordered not to do, such as talking to the police or letting anyone into my home. I'm sure it wasn't bulletproof, but I felt more comfortable knowing Cindy wasn't going to do anything truly outlandish while I was out.

********************

Returning home to my apartment that evening, I was exhausted. This was my first time working for each of the customers I provided Auguries for, and all three of them had run me through an extensive list of questions before, during, and after our consultations. As a result, while I had only been working for about five hours, I had spent nearly that entire time going back and forth over the most miniscule details of how my power worked.

I made a mental note to get Cindy to type up an FAQ or something to hand out. I wasn't planning on making fliers, or anything, but maybe if I had a reference sheet detailing exactly what I could and couldn't do, I'd waste less time repeating myself in the future.

The two women were still on the couch when I returned, though I could tell they had moved around while I was away. They had switched sides, and an empty mug on the little table next to the couch spoke of tea or coffee having been consumed. Both women smiled brightly when I walked through, and my immediate thoughts were that I could get used to having two pretty women smiling at me as soon as I walked through the front door.

I was hardly a 1950s businessman, expecting to see the wife in an apron with a hot dinner as soon as I got home, but it felt good to see smiling faces at home. That they belonged to attractive women was a pleasant bonus, but it really was just the joy they expressed that warmed me inside.

I called out casual greetings, but walked straight past the pair, intent on changing into more comfortable clothes for the rest of the evening. I tried to look professional when I was out working, so while I didn't bother with a full suit, I was in khakis and a button-down shirt that I couldn't wait to get out of.

I was a few paces into my bedroom door when I halted abruptly, turned around, and marched back into the living room. My head swiveled to the side slowly, and I blinked in disorientation. There was another door, beside my bedroom door. This would have caused confusion in basically any circumstances, as it was definitely not present when I left a few hours ago. It nearly caused me to fully dissociate in this case, since the wall the door led into was my bedroom wall, but the room on the other side of this new door was not my bedroom..

It matched the style of my bedroom, certainly. Or at least, of my apartment in general. It had the same dull gray carpet, the same off-white walls, it even had the same cheap overhead lighting. Where my bed was located in my room, this room had an antique, hand-carved four poster bed, complete with a massive hope chest at its feet. Lacy curtains could be pulled in to block the inside of the bed from view, but were currently drawn to the side, allowing me to see the rich velvet blankets covering whatever mattress it had.

I slowly stepped into the doorway leading to my bedroom and, while still in the doorframe, turned to the side. My bedroom appeared to overlap with this new room, through the new door, but I could see no trace of it. I turned around again, entered my living room, and this time stepped through into the brand new room. My actual bedroom was nowhere to be found. Somehow, both rooms were occupying the same place in my apartment, simply accessed from different doors, without overlapping in any way I could see.

I walked back to the living room, to where both Aubrette and Cindy were watching my antics. I leveled a brief glare at my Sin Demon, received another bright smile in response, and then finally entered my actual bedroom again to change.

When I emerged a little later, I was wearing comfortable pajama pants and an old t-shirt. I had debated putting on something less casual, but since it appeared Aubrette's presence in my life was going to be an ongoing thing, I decided against it. There was no way I was going to just stop wearing comfortable clothes at home, so better to bite the bullet now and just get her used to me in PJs and a shirt with holes in it.

I noticed when I re-entered my living room that Aubrette had also changed, and I had been too tired to notice it before. She was wearing one of my button-down shirts, and a pair of my jeans. They were men's cut, so they didn't exactly fit her well, but it still had to be more comfortable than the ren-faire garb she had on before. I waved tiredly at the two women and walked up to lean on the back of the couch so I could see what they had pulled up on the laptop.

It was Wikipedia. That got a laugh out of me, and I was still smiling as I asked, "How did it go?"

Cindy spoke up quickly, rising from her seat on the couch and walking around it so she could begin rubbing my back, her fingers exerting a surprising amount of force for her tiny frame. "It went well. You already discovered that Aubrette's talents involve the intersection of space and imagination. She noticed that your bed is too small for three people, so she created an additional bedroom with a larger bed. You are of course not obligated to sleep in it, but now none of us will need to sleep on the couch. She is beginning to absorb information about the new era, though I suspect it will take many days before I would allow her out of your apartment."

Kinje
Kinje
387 Followers
12