All Comments on 'Autumn'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
WetmartinisWetmartinisabout 1 year ago

Norcal62

I agree, except when we are talking about bike gussets, which I think would be acceptable.

Then, of course, we have the cum abomination. Thankfully, I haven't seen it with UK writers, but I think I saw it once in a Canadian contribution. But Commonwealth authors handle the language more to my liking. Sigh.

BigjohnpBigjohnpabout 1 year ago

Best story I have read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have been fortunate enough to see Phantom (but not from those seats) at Her Majesty's Theater, but no Rachel seated beside me there and am poorer for it.

JTassJTassabout 1 year ago

Excellent story! 5 stars and favorited,

ChopinesqueChopinesque12 months ago

Is there such a thing as a perfect romance? I for one just love this story. Is it okay for a guy to love a romance? Let's hope so.

jjpwjjpw11 months ago

Tedious with unconvincing characters.

PurplefizzPurplefizz11 months ago

Practically perfect! Not much more that I can add, other than to say thank you, for both writing and posting.

Regards, Ppfzz.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

Exceptionally well done. 5*

DwarfLord50DwarfLord5011 months ago

I just saw that you won a contest for this beautiful story. Congratulations!

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlz11 months ago

Congratulations! I'm not surprised you won a contest with this absolutely perfect love story!

MainboyMainboy11 months ago

Well well. This story still roams around my mind many months after I read it for the umpteenth time, and now it wins a competition. About bloody time!! Brilliantly written and absolutely believable. As with all your stories the characters play out perfectly. Wish I could do that. Now, Snowdrop should be crowned as one of the best ever on this site or anywhere.

Keep it up girl! Word magic!

WetmartinisWetmartinis11 months ago

Yes. It isa good story, and more than worthy of a prize!

IJS0904IJS090411 months ago

Wonderful, simply wonderful. thank you.

ca_daveca_dave11 months ago

Wanda firstly congratulations on the well deserved award. I had read this when you first shared it,but somehow had forgotten about it. I usually go back and reread stories that I enjoy on a regular basis. This story was so emotionally charged, which you are so good at. The subject of how she had provided for Helen and herself had to be one of the hardest things that I have ever read. The support that Caleb showed her was awesome. You made me cry, you made me smile, you made me laugh. All things you do so well with most of your stories. I thank the fates that I read the first story of yours, Elysium was the title. It had been nominated for an award as well and another story I wanted to vote for was as well. I felt it only fair to read your story as well. That was my introduction to your wonderful writing. I have said so many times before thank you for sharing your gift with us. 5*

DrizdartDrizdart11 months ago

You continue to make a lie out of your screen name. This, all 7 pages, is delightful, stirring, romantic, erotic, and thoroughly a "hit."

RickshawroadRickshawroad11 months ago

Another wonderful story. Thank you

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Wonderful story and I think your most well written. For example,

"Of... being full of you. Of being like this with you. Naked, spent, sated....with nowhere to be and nowhere I'd rather be than here."

Really beautiful prose, so emotion packed. Really like the way you wrote this story, I think it's your best, and that is a high bar. Thanks for this story.

LargoKittLargoKitt11 months ago
Writing as foreplay

Well. The sex was superbly written; but I was content to wait for it. "It had been... nice... to have another breath in the flat once more." Writing is superb; especially the dialog. And the inner monologue. I appreciate the tension created by the balance between Rachel's shame and shut down over her past, and her log time need created by self-enforced celibacy. Caleb is perhaps a bit too perfect, but a pretty good primer for how to heal. This could be a longer romance with the psychological shifts teasing out and backing up for both of them. Fab writing. I hope you have something between the covers IRL, with royalties.

AmberSolisAmberSolis11 months ago

Another emotional and sexual knockout of a story from you. 5 stars and favorited.

I'm gonna have to buy a lot more boxes of tissue paper. You write the most incredibly emotionally captivating stories, and you seem to write them with such effortless ease. I'm jealous!

KachinaDollKachinaDoll11 months ago

A masterclass in story writing - moving, engrossing, sexy and a happy-ever-after ending. Damn, I wish I was half as good.

SparkyblueoneSparkyblueone11 months ago

A master class in writing! I think this is your best yet. 5*? Not enough!

Nasty56Nasty5610 months ago

Beautifully written! What a nice story!

Campus77Campus7710 months ago

What a wonderful story. Several kleenex worth. You certainly stoked the romantic in me. Vivid characters in a stunning plotline. No wonder you won the Month. While I'm in the US, I've walked the gardens you described with my now former wife. I was amazed by the beauty of the surroundings. I just found your story and will continue to read all your tales.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64310 months ago

Yet again you have written a really lovely tale! You have a terrific way of creating and developing your stories. You make it feel so real!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really loved your story, even though I agree with Anonymous from 10 months ago that it would have been more realistic, and perhaps even more compassionate and wise, for Caleb to work with Rachel much more slowly, probably including therapy for her and them both, while still assuring her that he was with her for the long haul. I think it would be highly unlikely that she could get through all her trauma as quickly and relatively easily as portrayed. But, what the hey, suspension of disbelief right ? And sexual healing, so much sexual healing ! Otherwise, it is your story, at your pace and length. Great job.

stickygirlstickygirl10 months ago

Eh heck - that a proper soppy chick romance and just what I needed. Snaffled it. TY

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

First time I've read one of your works. Won't be the last. Absolutely lovely story. BardnotBard.

MRdotEdot2RMRdotEdot2R10 months ago

Remarkable literary experience mixed with a remarkable sex story!

Very enjoyable read!

tankenginetankengine9 months ago

How wrong I was! I had thought that the incomparable onehitwanda has gone off the boil, then I read this. Exquisite economical breathtaking writing, rich and layered characters, brilliant sharp dialogue, some of the most eciting descriptions of sex I have ever read. Thank you.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass9 months ago

Wanda, lovely story. Extraordinary writing and dialogue. Well worth ten stars!

LrtikagraphLrtikagraph9 months ago

Beautifully written. I read it a year ago and came back to read it again. Maybe it’s an annual thing.

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141599 months ago

This was truly beautiful.

Brian798Brian7989 months ago

Brilliant read it twice just to believe how good this story is .

FandeborisFandeboris9 months ago

I couldn't comment the first time I read this. My emotions were all over the place. This was an emotional journey of two people, one of who broken and the other living his life a day at a time. The story was awesome, It was almost love at first sight. Rachel had her demons and finally found the release she needed for the many years she buried and lived with them. Caleb was the perfect man for the job of making Rachel whole.

I am glad you won with this. This was awesome, romantic, and cathartic in so many ways.

I can only say thank you.

J6480J64809 months ago

Exceptional OHA, keep scribbling

ToreadornotToreadornot9 months ago

I’ve read this for the second time, knowing I read it once before. Before I signed up and was anonymous.

Having skeletons of shame in my own closet, this story helps me realize that maybe I shouldn’t feel that way about my life, rather, be proud of surviving and maybe thriving.

The beauty in this story it the authors portrayal that life is and can be beautiful regardless of one’s history.

Bravo!!!! Bravo!!!!

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood9 months ago

My second reading also. A beautifully crafted story. Vivid with an excellent flow.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

a very sweet story!

VaguewriterVaguewriter8 months ago

Beautiful story. I especially enjoyed your dialogue.There was an ease and a naturalness to it that I found exceptional. Writers of these kinds of stories tend to get wrapped in description and internal monologue. You avoided both and delivered a charming story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I've tears rolling down my own face, a rather sappy grin involuntarily painting it with my reaction to the end. I loved it, plain and simple. I am a Stress and Trauma Specialist and I loved how you used the cow to represent trauma. I hope you don't mind me sharing that. Goodness, what a lovely story!

SouthdownSouthdown7 months ago

Wow and Well Done AND Thank YOU 5***** and this is my second time of reading this story, by choice and on purpose I love this story.

wildthymefieldswildthymefields6 months ago

This story sent me through an unexpected rollercoaster of emotions and passion! Well done! 5⭐️s!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

Awesome ….. you delve into deepest darkest moments a soul should never be conflicted with or consumed in , the roller coaster runs his tracks and rattles my brain my heart my soul ….. WOW …. The final station, the end of the ride, colors tears laughing happiness love

Thank you, you’re amazing O H W ….. and soooo a gifted blessed writer 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You write quite well, with vivid characters and delightful stories. You are an expert at dialogue. Keep up the fabulous work!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

u write so entrancingly beautifully leaving profound impact thank u so much 4 opportunity 2 savour indulge dream

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

One of the very best romances I've read on this site! 5/5. So well written - "basked like a lizard who'd barely survived winter and had just found the first real sunbeam of the year." ! Loved that line.

Thanks for this!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I was going to peruse this story, but after reading the comment from “JuanTwoNo” contributed about a year ago, I am afraid even to attempt that.

Vittorio Vittorossi

NorreypNorreyp5 months ago

Wonderful story.

Mike9947Mike99475 months ago

Every once in a while, to read a really great romance, i read this again - and it never fails to bring happy tears and a lot of erotic ideas for my own life.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fantastic story. Not sure how many times I read it now but it delights me every time. Will go through your other stories again over the next few days as I enjoy your style and talent.

DevilbobyDevilboby4 months ago

What a wonderful story I've had tears in my eyes on more than one occasion finishing with them now it is a beautiful story of love and loss and a rebirth of oneself. Written with feeling by a writer of immense talent . I shall enjoy catching up with your back catalogue as well as your more recent offerings, and on that aren't we fortunate that you are still writing for us all to enjoy.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft3 months ago

A lovely story, well told. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of your works. 5*

Ohman1963Ohman19632 months ago

It’s too bad I can’t give more than five stars.

DessertmanDessertman2 months ago

Your characters set you apart from most other writers on this site. Theirs are two dimensional, yours are three dimensional.

I have just reread this wonderful romance, I am struck again by your magnificent use of words and descriptive powers.

You are one of my very select group of favourite authors.

LovesDancingLovesDancingabout 2 months ago

A story to be read over and over again. Beautiful.

ToughSailorToughSailor28 days ago

Yank

What an absolutely beautiful and professionally written story - I won't even pretend to be able to to adequately express my heartfelt appreciation for your work. I so look forward to reading your other offerings . . . . 10/5

Bye the bye, I took the liberty of looking up your bio location at 49°52′22″N 6°26′44″W (Bishop's Rock Lighthouse). If true, I'm sure It affords you the peace and solitude which affords you the opportunity to produce such magnificent prose . . . .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...