Avarice Desperation Valley Ch. 32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aran and Maya returned to the camp, the bluish smoke rising thinly into the air as the last light faded, the smell of delicious baked fish hung on the air. Maya sat some distance from the men, huddled forlornly in the cape, lost and confused. It did not help matters that most of the men laughed at her and shot her glances very akin to the ones the blond warrior had this afternoon, except for the one with the shaven head who appeared to not notice her at all. This was most certainly nothing like the stories her mother had told her relations with a man would be, not once did she feel loved, safe, or special.

Aran feasted on the delicate white fish avoiding the treacherous bones, he had not eaten such fare in a very long while and could not get enough of this exotic meat. Washing it down with some crude white wine that was closer to vinegar than a beverage, spoils appropriated from the village. He offered some of the food to the dejected girl, but she just shrunk away from him and refused to eat at all. She will come around he thought a slight smile playing on his lips, and maybe even learn the art of pleasing him given time.

*****

The following day the five men returned to a jubilant reception, all had been quiet in the raiding parties absence. The few spoils were divided amongst the warriors, they now had two more horses, a cow which gave some milk, two more steers for slaughter, and even a handful of chickens, the eggs being much prized.

On his return Aran found many eyes coveting his captive prize, he was careful to insist Maya stay near him or the protection of his brother at all times. She now shared the small domicile with Raissa and Sven when Aran did not require her presence, there she would be quite safe.

Maya was a woman of pure heart, and a joy to have in the camp. The girl bore no malice toward anyone, gravitating to Raissa almost from the first. Both had been raised in a similar fashion, though Maya was truly an inhabitant of this new age remembering nothing much of life before the conflict that had torn the fabric of society apart. For that reason she adapted quickly and accepted her lot in this place, thriving even.

She loved little Eirik almost as much as his own natural mother did, helping care for the boy, and the two became fast friends. Maya proved to be a very valuable asset, though she was but eighteen she could sew beautifully and was by far the best seamstress in the entire camp. Lucy and Raissa's handiwork was crude by comparison, and the other three women could barely make anything of use at all.

The girl crafted for her Lord a magnificent cape of numerous rabbit skins that swept to the ground behind the man, with a great hood. Aran was awed with her creation and even though it was now far too warm for such a garment he could see it would be most welcome for the frigid desert nights.

In return he gifted her a small gold necklace from the jumble of gleaming metal about his large neck. Maya was wide eyed at his gift, feeling very special, her gray eyes holding no emotion back, her lower lip quivering as she bit at it with her teeth. Aran placed it about her petite neck, the fine chain bearing a small letter A.

"That now means you are mine, the A is for my name, Aran." He explained, his large finger poking at her chest. Never had she been given anything so pretty or valuable.

Maya took him at his word, she had never learned to read or write and she fondled the little amulet, looking coyly at him as she had recently taken to doing. Aran had noticed the subtle changes in her demeanor, she was no Frances the sophisticated beauty, or Selene, woman child of his dreaming, but little Maya was very real and becoming more eager to please him every day, the warrior most happy he had let her live.

Maya played the game, her old life was gone difficult as it was, this would now be her new one. She sensed rightly it was possible to play this man for her benefit sometimes, big and fierce though he was. He was one of the most powerful men here and could easily protect her from the others.

She had learned very swiftly if she grew careless she stood to be molested by the lesser warriors of this camp. They watched her like slavering wolves, and she had already run a few very close calls. That prospect frightened her as did the idea the blond warrior would grow bored with her and discard her to the rabble.

Maya trying to learn the art of what pleased him as swiftly as possible, taking note of some of the women's inappropriate reactions to the men's advances and trying not to emulate them. Using practical things like her abilities at sewing, and letting him touch her without pulling away even if she did not like it; though of late Maya had begun to enjoy the man's attentions and she found he did not hurt her like he had the first time. Curiously she had even begun to hunger to have him in her, discovering it was all too easy to tempt him away from whatever he was doing. Maya liked the idea that she had this power over such a big strong man. Perhaps this was what her mother was telling her of, and maybe it was not so bad after all?

12