Baby, You're a Rich Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There you go again," answered Becky with a straight face. "Offering a woman the opportunity to feel great power between her legs is another poor choice of words."

"Really?" asked Ben. "Why is that? I thought it sounded quite tempting, at the very least."

"Women already have all the power between their legs," quipped Becky as she struggled to maintain a straight face.

"You're right about that, but the offer of a ride still stands. I promise to keep you safe," offered Ben with a smile of his own.

Even Becky felt surprised when she accepted Ben's offer. A few minutes later she was clinging to him as they toured the local business district. The ride was exhilarating, but the feel of Ben's muscled torso caused Becky to consider how long it had been since she had been in a romantic relationship.

She even accepted Ben's offer to stop at a small diner for a burger and fries. "Thanks for giving me a ride on your bike and for this delicious burger. I never knew this place even existed."

"Thanks for trusting me enough to ride with me. A lot of women turn the offer down. They think motorcycles and the guys who ride them are dangerous," stated Ben.

"Am I in danger?" asked Becky quietly.

"I'd never hurt you, or allow anyone else to try," answered Ben with surprising sincerity. "You're a really nice person and a very beautiful woman. I'm honor bound to protect you from all harm."

"Thank you for that," responded Becky with a warm smile. "All you need do at the moment is return me to my car safely. I'll take it from there."

Becky returned to her apartment with a smile. Ben had seemed interested in her and she had certainly enjoyed his company. She never considered herself superficial, but he was easily the best looking man she had ever seen. She had never come close to dating anyone like him.

Her friends at college always referred to her as their 'wingwoman'. Her mission was to wait until the friend had made her selection and then peel the guy's wingman away so her friend could spend time alone with her choice. It never had occurred to anyone to volunteer to do the same for Becky. She had always been considered the consolation prize. Eventually, she had come to accept that status while in college.

Reality gradually intruded into Becky's thoughts. She had never been the girl with the walking wet dream boyfriend. Ben was far better matched with the beautiful blonde with whom he had danced the tango. A man as physically attractive as Ben would be able to pick and choose the women he dated. He had been nice to her, but that was all it was.

Becky bumped into Ben a few times over the next few days. It hadn't been happening before she went to that small dinner with him. Was he making an effort to see her, or was it truly as random as Ben made it out to be?

On Friday, Becky received a call from her college friend, Candice, which made her decide to take a chance with Ben. "Becky, I have some great news. Amber, Leona and I are flying out to your resort at the end of the month. Amber just got engaged to Jason Burkett and we're going to celebrate. You remember him, don't you?"

"That's great! I do remember Jason. He's a good looking guy," responded Becky. "I'll see that you get one of our three bedroom suites. You'll love it here."

"Thanks, Becky. We knew you'd take care of us. Leona is bringing her boyfriend while Amber and I will bring our fiancés with us. Is there any chance you have a guy on the line who could join us?"

Becky was taken by surprise. She hated to admit she wasn't dating while her friends were all deeply involved in romances. Then she thought of Ben.

"As a matter of fact, I have been seeing a guy lately. I'll ask him to join us, if he's available that weekend. He's a golf pro, so he may be working," added Becky in order to give herself an out if Ben declined her request.

"Seriously? You're dating a golf pro?" asked an obviously surprised Candice.

"Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?" asked an irked Becky. "Didn't you think I could find a nice guy?"

"Becky, you never realized it, but you've always been the best of us all. You could catch any man you wanted, if you admitted to yourself that you wanted him," replied a very serious Candice. "You always avoided relationships and commitments. That's the only reason I sounded surprised. As beautiful as you are, finding a man will be no problem. Finding one who meets your standards is another story."

Becky was so surprised by her friend's praise that she had difficulty formulating her thoughts. "Thanks, Candice. I don't know how to respond to that. I'm not saying Ben is 'the' guy or anything. We're just friends."

Becky was apprehensive when she saw Ben approaching her table as she ate lunch the next afternoon. She had no reason to think he would want to go out with her, but her fear of being humiliated in front of her friends trumped her fear of being rejected by Ben.

Becky panicked when Ben smiled at her and continued on. "Ben! Would you please join me for lunch? I'd like to ask you something."

Once Ben took a seat, Becky plunged on before she lost her nerve. "Three of my girlfriends from college are going to visit for a weekend in two weeks. They'll be bringing their significant others. That leaves me as the odd man out, the fifth wheel, so to speak."

"As attractive as you are, I can't imagine you'd have any problem finding a date," replied Ben. "Do I figure into this in some way?"

"I think you've already figured out what I'm about to ask. I'm not very good at this. I've never asked a guy for a favor like this," confessed Becky. 'Would you be willing to pose as my date and act like we've been going out for awhile? I sort of told my friend I had been dating a guy."

"I see. Is this lucky guy you're dating anyone I know?" asked Ben with a straight face.

"I was hoping you'd be that guy," blurted Becky before she saw Ben break into a smile. "You're toying with my emotions! I thought you were a gentleman."

"Becky, could I be your date the weekend your friends will be visiting?" asked the still grinning Ben.

"I'll have to think about it," was Becky's cool response.

Ben's smile suddenly disappeared as he looked at Becky to determine if she was serious. Becky face remained noncommittal. Ben was confused, flustered and slightly embarrassed as he stood to leave.

"Ben! I was joking!" quickly explained Becky as she grabbed Ben's hand and pulled him back down. "I was just trying to get you back. I thought you had a sense of humor."

Ben sat down again and studied Becky's face before speaking. "I usually do, but I'm off my game a little when I'm around you. I blame it on your beauty and intelligence. You're a little intimidating."

"Me?" managed a slightly confused Becky. "I'm the sidekick, the second banana, the also-ran. No one even noticed me when I was out with my friends. They always got the hunks while I wound up with the bottom-feeders and knuckle-draggers."

"I don't know about any of that, but your friends would have to be something special to outshine you," responded Ban seriously. "Maybe you should find someone who has more going for them. I wouldn't want to embarrass you."

"Now I know you're joking," said Becky. "You're the best looking guy I ever saw. You've got muscles in all the right places. You dance like Fred Astaire and you ride that big Harley. My friends will be so surprised to see me with a guy like you. You are going to do this for me, right?"

"It would be my pleasure," stated Ben. "Do you have any specific plans? How would you like me to dress? Are we going to any place fancy?"

"I haven't even thought about that part. I'll call Candace tonight to find out if there's something special they want to do," allowed Becky. "Thanks for doing this for me. I'll owe you."

"You don't seem to get it," replied Ben. "Spending the weekend with a beautiful woman is not some sort of torture. Everyone's going to be jealous of me."

Becky thought of something when Ben mentioned spending the weekend with her. "Just to be clear, we won't be sleeping together. I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression. We'll do things together and with the group, but we won't be having sex. I hope that doesn't cause you to change your mind."

"Honestly? It makes me admire you even more," admitted Ben. "We really don't know each other that well, but you can trust that I'll always respect your boundaries."

The day after Ben agreed to be her weekend date, William Bassett was fired and Becky received the promotion to assistant marketing director. The increase in pay was nice, but her days became far busier. It seemed like she was still doing the same work she did before and had simply added more to her plate. She only managed to chat with Ben a few times when their paths crossed.

Becky greeted her friends and their significant others when they entered the lobby. She hugged her friends warmly and then briefly hugged their escorts in greeting. She gave them a guided tour of the facility before taking them to their suite, which was one of the most luxurious at Centerfield.

An hour after showing everyone their suite, Becky met them in the restaurant at the complex. It was obvious to Becky her girl friends were expecting to meet her date. They looked at the empty chair and back at Becky a few times.

"Ben was running late. He'll be here shortly," promised Becky. "He was teamed up with some very slow players this afternoon, plus he was expected to give them pointers as they played. It all took longer than expected."

"Girls, get a look at that dreamboat by the door," blurted Amber as she nodded her head in the direction of the entrance.

Becky, Leona and Candice all turned to see what man had caught Amber's attention. Becky felt her pulse skip when she realized Amber had been referring to Ben.

"He is easy on the eye," admitted Candice. "It looks like he's coming this way."

"Becky! Is that your date?" sputtered Amber.

'Sorry, I'm late," apologized Ben. "It's the downside to being paid to play a game. I'm Ben, by the way."

As he spoke, Ben leaned over and kissed Becky's cheek. She blushed as she mentally thanked Ben for being so attentive and affectionate. She proudly introduced Ben to everyone.

Becky was delighted at how well Ben was able to hold a conversation. No subject seemed unknown to him. He offered insights and personal thoughts which were intelligent, but not boastful. He spoke to everyone at the table, but often swung his attention to Becky, asking her questions and listening attentively to her responses. Becky later realized that he had drawn her out in the conversation. He appeared comfortable and in complete control.

Her friends seemed spellbound by some of his stories. When they weren't staring at Ben, they'd smile at Becky and nod their approval. It was apparent Ben had made a great first impression.

Amber's fiancé, Jason Burkett, became a bit testy when he realized the others were hanging on Ben's every word. He had been a big man on campus and was accustomed to others deferring to him.

"I hear you're the assistant golf pro here," began Jason. "I've played golf since I was a kid. I was the top player on our college team. My coach thought I should try turning pro, but I was slated to become a partner in my family's law firm, so I decided to forego the tour.

"Maybe we could get in 18 holes tomorrow? It would give the girls a chance to shop and catch up while we got to know each other better. Maybe we could put some money on the game to make it more interesting," added Jason.

"I think I could get an early tee time for us, but I don't usually bet on golf," responded Ben evenly. "How about the high score buys a round of drinks on the nineteenth hole?"

"Seriously? We're all men here," replied Jason. "How about something simple like $50 a hole. If you're a golf pro, you should be able to make some spending money."

"Count me out," stated Leona's boyfriend, Wes. "I've heard about Jason's golfing."

"I'll decline that challenge as well. I'm just a weekend golfer and I hate parting with my money like that. I heard Jason was some kind of golf whiz in college," added Candice's fiancé, Chuck.

"You've been telling all kinds of bullshit stories tonight," declared Jason as he looked directly at Ben. "Maybe you don't want to bet with me because you talk a good game but don't play it."

"Jason! What's gotten into you?" demanded a shocked Amber. "Becky is my friend and Ben is her date. Why are you being so rude?"

"I saw how you women hung on every word he said. He's a fraud, pure and simple," declared Jason. "He uses his pretty face and boyish charm to make you think he's special. I've seen lots of guys like him. He's all show and no substance."

Ben had determined the sort of guy Jason was early in the evening and had tried to avoid interacting with him. He could see Jason getting more belligerent as the drinks flowed and made a serious effort to not antagonize him. He knew the type. Jason was four inches over six foot and weighed in around 250. He was accustomed to getting his way because of his size and position in life.

Becky was alarmed at Jason's words. She didn't want Ben to risk losing money he couldn't afford, and she certainly didn't want Jason to hurt him. She looked at Ben to see how he was reacting. To her surprise, Ben was grinning as he casually addressed Jason.

"You seem to have some anger issues, but that's not my problem, as long as you don't try to make it my problem. If you do, it'll become an even bigger problem for you. Let's play two man scramble for fifty bucks a hole. Wes and I will be one team while you take Chuck."

Wes began to object to Ben's proposal until he saw Ben give him a wink. "I'm in. This should be a lot of fun."

Even as he spoke, Wes wondered to himself why he trusted Ben's signal to him that he needn't worry. There was something about Ben that made him like the man, and more importantly, respect him.

"Fine! Chuck and I against you two in a two man scramble format. I like it," declared Jason. "Be sure to bring lots of cash. Chuck and I'll be buying the drinks tomorrow night."

"Well that really put a damper on the evening," declared Amber. "I thought we might go to a club or something, but if you testosterone laden cavemen want to argue about golf and everything else, maybe we should call it a night."

"Becky said they have a nice dance club here and Wes is just dying to get me in his arms on the dance floor, isn't that right, Wes?" prodded Candice.

Wes had no problem taking the hint and offered his arm to Candice. Becky was delighted when a smiling Ben reached for her hand and led her out to join Wes and Candice. They didn't get very far before the other two couples caught up to them.

"You're not having fun without us," declared Leona in an attempt to lighten the mood. "We haven't been dancing in ages."

"Right? This is way more fun than golf, especially arguing and betting on golf," stated Amber pointedly. "We're celebrating our engagement, so let's have some fun, Jason."

Jason managed a smile that went no farther than his mouth. He was tense and it was obvious when Amber insisted he dance with her.

The others watched as Jason and Amber moved out on the dance floor. Wes moved closer to Ben and spoke quietly. "I don't know what bug got up Jason's ass, but he wasn't speaking for me. I enjoy your company and I have a hunch you're going to make me some money tomorrow."

"I heard that," announced Candice. "Let's stop talking about that damn golf and have some fun."

Becky already knew Ben was an accomplished dancer, but was still surprised at how gracefully he led her during the slow dances. By the third dance she was molded to his body and enjoying the feel of his hard body tight to hers.

Later, when Candice accompanied her to the bathroom, Becky discovered just how enamored her friend was with Ben. "My God! You won the lottery with Ben. Leona and Amber are as impressed as I am. He's handsome, a great conversationalist, considerate, and a very good dancer. If you tell me he's rich, he'll have all the marriage material boxes checked."

"I really don't think he's well off. He works as a golf pro here and I know his pay isn't all that much, although I understand he gets some very good tips," responded Becky.

"And all the pussy he can handle, I'll bet!" blurted Candice before realizing how that might sound to her friend.

"I'm sure he does do well in that area. That's the downside to finding such a good looking man. The competition is daunting," admitted a suddenly serious Becky.

"I shouldn't have said that," apologized Candice. "He seems like a man who honors commitments, and values his word. It's pretty obvious he likes you a lot. He smiles every time he looks at you. I think he's a keeper. You need to take him off the market."

"We aren't anywhere near a commitment, so don't get your hopes up," cautioned Becky. "We're both busy at work and only see each other occasionally. Besides, it's like you said, he must have a lot of female companionship."

Ben walked Becky to her car as the other three couples headed for their suite. Becky was concerned Ben might expect him to go with her to her apartment and she had no intention of letting him into her bed.

"It's after midnight and I have to work in the morning, so I'd better get home and get some sleep. You were great tonight. My friends all think you're the cat's pajamas. Good luck in your golf match tomorrow. Please be careful around Jason. He seems to be a bit of a hothead and he's a big guy."

"I had a wonderful time with you and your friends tonight, Becky. I look forward to spending time with you tomorrow night. Don't worry about Jason. I learned how to handle guys like him in the Marines," added Ben as he leaned down and kissed Becky's cheek.

"You were in the Marines?" asked a surprised Becky. "Why didn't you ever mention that? I really need to learn more about you. How long were you in?"

"I was in four years. If you want to know more about me, you'll have to spend more time with me," reasoned Ben. "Are you willing to do that?"

"I might risk it," quipped Becky. "A girl should be safe around a Marine, don't you think?"

"I'd never hurt you or allow anyone else to harm you, if that's what you mean by safe. My intentions are honorable, but you're a tremendous temptation."

"Why am I not worried?" teased Becky. "I know you well enough to not be afraid of you, for any reason. Good night, Ben."

Becky spent the next afternoon shopping with her friends while the men were on the golf course. Most of the conversation was about Ben and how Becky should set her sights on him. It was new ground for Becky and she enjoyed it. She had never been the one with the cool boyfriend and it was a pleasant change.

Once again, the group planned on having dinner together at the resort's restaurant. Ben met Becky at the door and escorted her in. As they walked to their table, several waitresses smiled and spoke to Ben in passing. When they reached their table and were seated, a thin young male waiter approached them.

"Can I get you anything from the bar?" he asked politely.

"Hey, Bill, good to see you," replied Ben as he stood and shook the waiter's hand. "Do you know Becky? She works in the marketing department here. Becky, this is a friend of mine, Bill."

"Of course I know who Miss Carson is," replied Bill as he shook the hand Becky offered. "Everyone knows who she is and where she works. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Carson."

"Thank you, Bill. Please call me Becky. I'm surprised people working here know who I am," she allowed. "I spend most of my time in my office."

"Trust me, everyone knows about the beautiful woman in marketing," stated a smiling Ben.

"Are you referring to Beverly? She's the beautiful woman working in marketing," responded Becky. "I'm just her assistant."