Babydoll Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I stood waiting in the hall outside of the bar, one of the club's gentleman servers came up to me. Mr. Jameson, your grandfather is looking for you. He wanted me to bring you to him?

"OK, Yes sir, lead the way," I acknowledged as he began walking towards our destination. 'Damn, to be interrupted,' I thought to myself, 'Probably wants to make another of his pronouncements.'

When the server turned towards the right and we headed down another hall, instead of taking me back towards the Ball Room, I became more curious about why Big might want to meet me alone. The server stopped outside Club's Board of Director's meeting room. He opened the door and I walked inside. Big was sitting in a chair off to the side of the big table that dominated the old Victorian room, sipping on some sort of drink, "Come in and have a seat. We need to have a conversation."

"OK," I responded as I went over and took a seat next to where he was sitting, while wondering about why he was wanting to have a conversation at this moment, when he'd already basically let me know the way things were with Mitch earlier in the evening.

(Big) -"You having a good time tonight?"

(Jim) - "Yessir."

(Big) -"Jill having a good time tonight?"

(Jim) - "She seems to be."

Big set his drink down and put his hands together while flexing his knuckles, "You make a nice couple. I enjoy having that girl in the family... such a neat girl... so appreciative of everything."

I felt a sense of concern with the tenor of this conversation. He was shaping my relationship with Jill to be more than I intended it to be. I cared about the girl, but most parental figures tell you to take it slow and not rush into things. It felt like he was being pushy, like my mother was at times. I just continued sitting in silence, wondering what he was getting at.

Big continued, "You remember what I told you a couple months ago... about your Grandmother and myself. Look at how happy we are all of these years later."

Suddenly the door opened with a female server holding it and in behind walked Ash, "Come on in Ashley," Big urged, "I need to have a conversation with you and your brother."

This unexpected event took my breath away. I had gone to rendezvous with Ash and been intercepted and summonsed to this room and apparently the same happened with Ash. At that moment, it all crashed in. I thought, 'He knows. He fucking knows.'

Big got up from his chair and walked over to one of the chest of drawers sitting in the corner of the room. He pulled out his keys and unlocked one of the top drawers, I wasn't sure which, because I was looking at Ash and she was staring back towards me.

Big turned around and walked back over towards where I was sitting. He was holding a manila envelope, which he handed me, "Open it up boy."

I opened it and saw that there were large 8x10 pictures inside. There must have been twenty.

"Pull'em out and look at 'em," Big insisted.

I pulled the pictures out and one-by-one and saw that they were pictures of Ashley and I at the mountain cabin. I could see that they were taken from the various places. We were caught. I had tears well up in my eyes as the panic set in.

"What Jimmy... What are you looking at?" Ash asked in an concerned manner.

Ashley came and took the pictures from me. She looked at them as her jaw dropped and her eyes bugged out, "Where... Where did you get these? How???..."

"I don't blame ya boy... I'm a little star-crossed about it, but she is a pretty little thing... she's always been my pride and joy... she has you mother's and grandmother's qualities."

"I'm so sorry Big... so sorry," I sniveled.

As the tears began to roll down my cheeks, my grandfather sought to chastise me and yet comfort me. He came over and palmed my shoulder. Calmly he spoke, "Get ahold of yourself boy. I'm not here to kill you... Last week I wanted to... I had suspicions something was happening long ago. I just got curious and you know what they say about curiosity."

He walked back and sat in the chair he'd been sitting in and took a sip from his tumbler of what looked to be straight Bourbon, "I didn't know what to think or what to do... I figured with Ash here and you back at school that everything was safe and I'd deal with it later... Then last week..." He looked towards Ash as she stared incredulously back at him... "Ash... are you going to tell him?"

Ash stomped her foot as she sneered at him, "There's no way you can know that!!..."

"Ohh Darlin... No... Eventually, I find out everything in this town," He gave her a grimacing grin.

Ash sunk down in the chair beside her and began to shiver.

(Big) - "OK.. and I do love you darlin'... Jim, she's pregnant with your child."

I went from deeply depressed to beyond baffled as I gave her a sideways stare, squinting my tear soaked eyes. My brain went into overdrive, 'How? No way... she couldn't be... she was on contraception.. No!' I thought to myself.

Ash had begun to cry in embarrassment as Big stood up and made his way over to her and knelt down. Handing her his handkerchief, he tilted her head up at the chin and looked her in the eyes, "Dry your eyes little darlin, we can't afford for you to lose it here... I had to do this, because I saw where you two were headed... You've gotta be strong girl... for all of us... for the family. So please no crying right now."

Ash wiped the tears away and we both sat lost for words, as Big turned to concentrate his gaze upon me, "We've just got to figure a way out of the mess and I think I've got a plan... and you are going to accept that plan."

(Big) - "Ashley, you're gonna stay here and you're gonna have my grandchild... You're not going off to college now. When she starts showing, we're going to tell people she made a mistake and ended up pregnant. This is the 21st century. I wish it hadn't happened, but it did and we're gonna deal with it."

In a forelorned manner, I asked, "Does Gramms know?"

"She knows nothing boy!!" he imposed with pissed intent, "And she's to know nothing until my plan comes together... got it... and she'll never know that you fathered this child."

"Yessir," I answered fearfully.

He actually chuckled, which surprised me, "This is screwed up boy, but we're like one of those royal families now. Not that I'll want people to know I have a grandchild under these circumstances, but I figure in the end it'll turn out alright. I don't really find it too amusing, but after finding out about it this week... Well, I've to come to terms with it somehow."

His attitude really didn't put me at ease and it shouldn't have. I went over and knelt down to Ash, "I'm so sorry Ash... so sorry... I'm so sorry for what I've done to you." I shook my head in disgust at myself.

She looked up at me with a look of pity, "I'm sorry Jimmy."

I looked over at Big, "I do love her more than a brother should ever love his sister... I can't help it... You'll never understand, but I do."

Big nodded, "I know son... I'm not going to pretend to understand what happened, but I do know you have always loved her. When you two were kids, you were inseparable. You practically had to pry you two apart."

He continued, "I know you care about Jill too and I can see in her eyes that she adores you... she's the way out." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box, "These are your Great Grandmother's engagement and wedding rings," he opened the box. "They were going to be yours for your future wife some day... You're in the deep end son and I'm offering you a way out. He pushed the box in my hand forcing me to accept, "You're going to ask Jill to marry you."

I looked at him with a shrill, questioning gaze, shaking my head negatively, "Big, I can't do that."

"I'll leave you two alone. I guess that's OK to do now... I'm heading back out to the party. I'll see you two in a few minutes... Don't be too long... Jim, you need to go have a conversation with Jill... I think if you sincerely ask that she'll say yes. When she accepts, I want you to let me know."

As Big left the room, I continued to look at Ashley, "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault... so, so sorry."

Ash looked up into my eyes, "Jimmy, They're right about it taking two to tango... but thanks for apologizing and taking up for me... I wanted to tell you... I was trying to tell you... This is what I was trying to tell you. I just didn't know how."

"Ashley, You are who I want to be with the rest of my life... It's hard when you aren't around... I'd run away with you. We could get out of here... Let's get the fuck out of here."

Ashley mocked with her moist eyes, "Jimmy, come on... Knock Knock... Reality HELLO. We can't go anywhere. We have to do what Big Daddy asked us to do. We can't make it on our own and we can't go out here and hurt the people that love us."

(Jim) - "But I love you more than anyone... and what about my child?"

"Jimm-eee," she shrieked, "I love you too, but we have to do this. I'll never keep you from this child. The child will always be close to you, but no one can know you are the father. If you love me, you've got to show me... you have to help me... you have to do this."

I fumed in the fury of frustration, "I don't want to do this."

Ashley begged, "Please, you have to."

"Only if I can have your love," I leaned in to her face.

She granted, "You have my love, but you can't have me."

"Dammit," I cursed the world. "One last kiss," I stole a kiss from her lips and she returned it.

Ash, Brushed my Jawline, "Now go do what needs to be done."

(Jim) - I just need a few minutes... are you going to be alright to go out there.

"I'll be alright Jimmy," she replied with the paradox of a melancholy smile.

When she stood up, I stood with her and placed my hand on her belly and kissed her temple before conveying, "I promise you that I will always take care of you both. I swear."

From there Ash walked out of the room, while I sat in stunned silence. I was officially in the deep end. This was a new level of scary. I tried to gather my wits and nerves as I thought about the words I'd be delivering in a few minutes. I pulled the ring box back out and stared at their classical beauty.

It was a little past 9pm when I left the room and headed to the bar. I knew the bartender Walter. He'd been at the club since I was a kid. I sidled up to the bar where Walter seemed know I was in a predicament.

His grimacing grin seemed to empathize with the gravity of my mood, "Jim, you look a little too serious for a night like this."

"Got some stuff on my mind Walt... You think you could pour me a double Bourbon and put it on my grandfather's tab." Walt poured the drink without hesitation and handed it to me. I took the glass and inhaled it in one fell swoop. I looked back at him, "Thanks... Wish me luck. It's showtime."

"Good Luck whatever its about," he replied as I walked away.

In less than a minute, I was back in the main event room where the ball was now going hot and heavy. I walked to the table where Jill and my mother seemed to be enjoying the conversation along with... I couldn't believe it... Joe, my stepfather.

"Joe, it's good to see you. I've been going to call you when I had a chance. What are you doing here?"

"It's good to see you too boy... I've missed you. Your Grandfather invited me and I just got here a little while ago."

"So you and Mom are talking? That's good," I opined.

Joe insisted, "Jim. I still love your Mother."

My mind was actually focused on something else, "OK...Well... I'm going to take my date and go do some dancin' if y'all don't mind."

I grabbed Jill's hand and we headed towards the dance floor. I once again had a good buzz going as we made a beeline to the dance floor. My focus nearly had me running over my mother's friend Cathy, who tapped me on the shoulder as she headed towards our table.

"Hey Jim," Cathy beamed, "It's nice to see you."

We stopped for a moment to be cordial, "Nice to see you too Cathy. This is my Gal Jill." I angled away to allow the two ladies to acknowledge one another.

"I see your Mom is over there with Joe," Cathy stated while looking towards the table. Almost as though she were gauging my attitude about the state of the circumstances.

"Yes ma'am... It's good to see him and good to see you... Well, Jilly and I are gonna go dance. Maybe we'll see ya later." I did a semi-curtsy and Jill and I resumed our path to the dancefloor.

Ash was nowhere in sight as we got into the middle of the crowd while the band went on with some instrumentals. Finally, after a couple of songs, the two vocalists stepped up to the mics and sang "The Best is yet to Come" as a duet.

The next song slowed down the tempo with the crooner and songstress singing "Faint of Heart". We swayed to the tune as Jill once again dropped her head to my shoulder. My buzz helped me to understand that we would be engaged on this night.

Finally the set ended with a duet of "All or nothing at all." I led Jill off the dance floor and into the hall, where I found a corner where we could have some semi-privacy as I kissed her fully on the lips. "Jilly, I wanna show you something," as I pulled the ring box out of my blazer. Her eyes grew big as I opened it, "The little ring is your engagement ring. The big ring is the wedding ring." I led her further into a private area and kneeled down on my knee, "Jilly... will you marry me?"

She put her hand over her mouth as though I had taken her breath away, she seemed to vibrate as she tried to rein in her emotions, "I am in love with you Jimmy, but this is so sudden. I don't know if we're ready."

(Jim) - "You tell me that you love me, but you're saying you don't want to marry me?"

"No Jim, I love you totally, but this is the second biggest step."

(Jim) - "Well take it with me."

(Jill) - "How do you even have those rings?"

(Jim) - "Big gave them to me. They belonged to my Great Grandmother. He's in love with you. He encouraged me. He wants you in our family."

(Jill) - "Yes."

(Jim) - "So you'll marry me?"

(Jill) - "Yes, I'll marry you."

I stepped in and hugged her knowing I had sealed the deal. I was alive in the deep end. At least I was living in this moment, as I felt Jill squeeze herself so firmly into me that I thought she was trying to crawl inside. We kissed to consummate our engagement and then I slipped the engagement ring on her finger and placed the box with the other in my pocket.

(Jim) - "Well, you ready to go tell the family."

(Jill) - "Maybe... not here."

"We've gotta go tell'em Jill. Let's head on back in." I took her hand and tugged her back into the ball room. As we entered the room, we passed by Big and Gramms who were dancing on the outer edges of the dance floor. I nodded at Big and he slyly grinned.

"Jill, let's wait right here." The band finished the number they were playing and I motioned Big over. He and Gramms weren't 20 feet away as he leaned in and said something to Gramms and they began gravitating through the crowd towards where we were standing.

When Big got to where we were standing, I lifted Jill's hand to him and smiled as best I could, "She said yes..." In my mind I was seeking his approval and saying, 'I hope you are happy.'

Gramm's looked at me with a knowing, yet quizzical stare, "Jim, what did she say yes to?" she asked.

(Jim) - "Jill has agreed to marry me."

"What? I had no idea," Gramm's looked at Jill and then me again. "Congratulations," then she stepped in and pulled us together giving a group hug. "Who else knows?"

Jill beamed, "You and Mr. Paige are the only ones that know so far."

Gramms looked at me, "Your mother doesn't know?"

"No," I replied.

(Gramms) -"Well, I think you should go tell her."

"OK," I affirmed and we turned with Gramms and began making our way back to our table where my mother and Joe were chatting and seemed to be getting along well for a couple that had been split for months.

Gramms pulled out her chair and began to sit, "Your son has something he'd like to tell you."

(Mama) - "OK, what is it you want to tell me Jim."

Once again I lifted Jill's hand, this time for the sake of my mother, she instantly figured it out and beamed, "You asked her to marry you?... didn't cha?... didn't cha?..." she got up from her chair and nothing could stop her from coming towards us.

"Yes Mama and she said yes," and then once again we were enveloped in a group hug situation.

"Congratulations Boy," Joe chimed in.

At that moment, Big once again stopped the band, "I hope everyone is having a good time... I know I am... I'll be leaving soon and I want to thank you all... This has been a special evening for me. A once in a lifetime event. I hope you will indulge me... I just have to announce why I'm smiling from ear to ear. I have only one child, but she has three wonderful children, Jan the oldest, Jim the middle, and Ashley the youngest. They are like my own. Jim is like the son I never had..." he paused and looked my way. "Anyway," Big pulled the microphone closer, "The boy went and asked his sweetheart to marry him... He's right over there... May I introduce to you the future Mr. and Mrs. James Jefferson Jameson."

Everyone in the room burst out in applause. Even I had to enjoy the reverie of that moment... 'Wow,' I thought to myself, as Jill and I raised our clasped hands in that moment and smiled.

Then I saw Ashley walking in front of Mitch and coming towards us. She had a serious look on her face as she approached. In a moment that seemed like an eternity, I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what would happen. As she approached I was caught off guard as she suddenly broke into a radiant smile, "Congratulations Jill, welcome to the family," she declared as she leaned in and enveloped Jill in a hug; as she did this she gave me a look that stared deeply into my soul.

"Big continued on the mic, "Come on up here Jim and dance, " The sea parted as Jill and I made our way up to the dance floor and the rest of the family followed. Jan met us at the stage and laughed, "Let it be you that creates a commotion at an event like this. Congratulations Jimmy." Then she went over to Jill, "Congratulations Jill."

Big came up and smiled and hugged us, "Sorry y'all... I couldn't help myself."

"That's alright Big," I smirked, "I didn't expect anything less."

We took the middle of the dance floor again as the band struck up another number and soon the duet were singing "I've got the World on a String". After a few moments the dance floor refilled and the multitudes danced around us. What had been a series of tumultuous events had led to something that felt relatively easy. Jill stared in my eyes as the band performed "I've got a crush on you."

We danced a few more dances and then made our way back to our table. It was getting near 11pm, when Big announced he was heading home. Big had a limo bring Jan, her boyfriend, Gramms and himself to the party and so they would all be leaving together. Ashley was nowhere to be found and Mama announced that she and Joe were heading out and she told me to be careful going home. I didn't ask what 'her heading home with Joe' meant.

The party was still going strong, but it was obvious that the crowd had dwindled somewhat. Jill and I had no reason to stay, so we made our way to the exit and headed home. We went to the server station and picked up Jill's coat and the maitre d' sent for the car. It was only a few minutes later that we were headed home.

Jill rested her head upon my shoulder during the trip home. The twenty minute drive home seemed to last forever. The day began with Jill not even being in the picture and me thinking about spending the night with Ashley. Ashley had dominated my thoughts during the day and most of the night. Yet, I was heading home with this woman, who fairly soon would be my partner for life.