Bad Decisions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you," she said.

"Okay," he told her. "Me too. Bye." With that, he ended the call and looked at Kristy. "Well, there it is," he told her. She shook her head.

"She's actually choosing Greg over your anniversary," Kristy said, placing her hand on his. He almost broke down crying. Here was someone he barely met more concerned about him than his own wife. "What a bitch. I'm sorry."

"Thanks," he said, trying to smile. He pulled out Jerry's card and called his private number.

"Jerry," he said when the older man answered, "Jason Chandler here. I just heard from Karen and she tells me she's going to be in Vegas for another week."

"And I take it you don't believe her?" Jerry asked.

"Not for a minute," Jason said.

"Well, I was just working on your report, but I can have my guys watch them and see what they do," he said. "We can go from there. I heard the conference wrapped up a couple hours ago and they're now in full party mode. Most everyone is going home tomorrow. By the way, your wife and her lover spent the night together last night. I've got some video I think you might be interested in. I'll email it to you if you want. It'll all be in my report."

"That would be great, Jerry," Jason said. "Thanks." He ended the call and looked at Kristy. "Well, we'll find out tomorrow what's really going on," he said. "The two lovebirds spent the night together. My PI is going to email me some video. Are you interested in looking at it with me?"

"Not really," she said. "But I feel like I should." He nodded his head in understanding.

"Well, let's head over to my house, then," he said, standing up. After Jason paid for the meal, they left the bar and headed for his house. By the time they got there and settled into his office, the video had arrived in his email.

"Want something to drink before we watch this?" he asked.

"Sure," she said. "Coke if you have it."

"One coke coming right up," he said, going into the kitchen. He came back with two cold cokes and handed one to her. He fired up the video and they watched as Karen and Greg undressed each other and engaged in various forms of sex. Both Kristy and Jason fought back tears as they watched their spouses screwing each other. Even more devastating was the pillow talk afterward.

"What do you think our spouses are doing right now?" Karen asked.

"Well, if I know Kristy, she's probably watching one of her boring movies," Greg said. "Or maybe reading one of her stupid books."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," she said. "I imagine Jason is probably playing with another one of his stupid spreadsheets or looking over the stock reports." Greg chuckled at that. "You'd think he was saving the world or something. Christ, his father's company sells tires, for crying out loud. What's so damned important about that?"

"So have you figured out what you're going to tell dipshit after the awards banquet tomorrow?" Greg asked.

"Yeah," she said. "I'll just tell him I've been asked to stay in Vegas for a week to shadow the reps here. He'll believe that. Hell, he'll believe anything I tell him. I could say the moon is made of green cheese and he'd go along with it."

"And by the time he figures it out, we'll be on the beach in Hawaii," he said. "I can't wait to see you in that new sling bikini you got." Kristy went berserk.

"Hawaii?" she screamed. "That fucking bastard is taking some whore off to Hawaii? I'll fucking rip his balls off!" She looked at Jason. "Sorry for calling your wife a whore."

"Don't be," he said. "I would've called her the same thing." They turned back to the video.

"So," Greg continued. "What about your anniversary? Are you just going to blow it off?"

"Hawaii sounds much more fun to me than a night at a steak house," she said. "I'll promise to make it up to him. Maybe I will, maybe I won't." Greg looked at her.

"You're cold, you know that?" he asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

"It's only our tenth anniversary," she said. "There'll be more. Who cares about that? I need your dick in me right now." With that, they started screwing again, prompting Jason to stop the video.

"I've seen enough," Jason said. "How about you?" Kristy nodded her head, tears running down her cheeks.

"More than enough," she said.

"I'll be making an appointment Monday to see an attorney about a divorce," he said. "You want to join me?"

"Would you mind?" she asked quietly.

"Not at all," he told her. Kristy broke down, sobbing. Jason held her in his arms and let her cry on his shoulder. He felt like crying as well, but decided to hold it in. He comforted her as much as he could while battling his own emotions.

"Would you mind if I stayed here with you tonight?" she asked. "No sex, I just want to be held."

"Of course you can stay," he said. "Stay the week if you want."

"Thanks," she said. "I can't believe I gave that jerk all those years. All that time I fell for his bullshit."

"I know exactly what you mean," Jason said. He led her upstairs to the master bedroom and found an old t-shirt that looked long enough for her to wear to bed. She took it and went into the bathroom to change. He changed into a pair of pajamas as he waited for her to return and climbed into bed.

She came out of the bathroom in the long t-shirt and he almost gasped when he saw her. He always thought Karen's legs looked good, but Kristy's were the shapeliest he had ever seen. She smiled as she climbed under the covers.

"What's the matter?" she asked. "Haven't you ever seen a woman's legs before?"

"None that look as good as yours," Jason said.

"Flattery will get you everywhere, sir," she teased. He wrapped an arm around her and held her close, taking in her scent. She put an arm over his chest and snuggled close to him.

"You know you're the only woman besides my wife I've ever been in bed with in over ten years?" he asked.

"And you're the only man I've been with besides my husband," she said. They looked into each other's faces for what seemed like an eternity. Then Kristy leaned over and gave Jason a soft, sensual kiss on the lips. He responded, kissing her back with more passion than he knew was possible. He realized what could happen and backed off. He didn't want to do to Karen what she was doing to him. Apparently, Kristy felt the same way and put her head on his shoulders, not saying a word.

They fell asleep that way and woke up the next morning spooning each other, Jason's hand holding one of Kristy's breasts. His cock was rock hard and pressed between the cheeks of her shapely ass.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she said. "You don't need to move on my account," she added as he got up to use the bathroom.

"Good morning, beautiful," he told her. "I'll be right back." He went into the bathroom and urinated, which was a bit difficult given the state of his manhood. By the time he came out, Kristy had helped herself to the kitchen and was making them each a helping of bacon and eggs. Looking at the clock on the wall, he saw it was 8:30 am.

His attention turned back to Kristy. He loved watching her cook wearing his old t-shirt and was reminded for a moment of happier times when Karen made breakfast for them every morning.

"Damn, that smells good," he said.

"I hope you don't mind me helping myself to your kitchen," she said.

"Not at all," he told her. "I can't remember the last time someone made me breakfast."

"Karen never cooked for you?" she asked.

"At first, she did," he said. "But she quit making breakfast a long time ago. Said it took up too much time and she had to make herself presentable for her clients."

"Bitch," Kristy muttered.

"I agree," he said. He took in the smell of the bacon as she placed a large plate in front of him. He devoured his food like a man who hadn't eaten in a month. "Damn, that was good. You cook like this every morning?"

"Whenever I can," she said. Jason's phone buzzed. Looking at the screen, he saw Jerry's name and number, so he answered.

"Good morning, Jerry," he said. "Working on Sundays now?" Jerry laughed.

"More often than I care to," he said. "I just wanted to let you know that your wife and her lover boarded their flight in Las Vegas just before 6:00 this morning. They had a 40-minute layover at LAX and the plane took off from there about an hour ago. They'll be landing in Honolulu in about five hours or so. I have the flight information if you want it."

"I do," Jason said.

"They're on American Airlines flight 31," Jerry said. "I have someone in Honolulu ready to pick up their trail when they get there."

"Thanks, Jerry," Jason said, writing down the information. He ended the call and looked back at Kristy. "Well," he said. "It's on. They're on their way to Hawaii."

...

Karen sat back in her seat after the plane took off. Glancing out the window, she watched as the plane headed out over the Pacific Ocean. This is it, she thought to herself. Looking to her left, she saw Greg was already sound asleep in the seat next to hers. She closed her eyes for a moment and thought about the last 10 years. For a moment, she felt a pang of guilt at what she was doing to her husband who foolishly trusted her.

Deep down, she knew that this was just the latest in a series of bad decisions on her part. But, she rationalized, she owed this to herself. Eventually, she thought, this will end with Jason none the wiser. Her marriage would go on and they would ultimately retire and grow old together.

Her first bad decision was telling Jason she couldn't get pregnant. The truth was, she could, but she just didn't want to get tied down with babies. The idea of motherhood might appeal to some, but not to her. So she told Jason that a medical complication forced her to have her tubes tied. He bought her explanation and eventually accepted it.

But she had problems with the IUD and was forced to quit using it. The pelvic pain and the headaches finally became too much for her to endure so she decided to use standard birth control pills instead. She also started using the calendar rhythm method and avoided having sex during her more fertile days. It worked most of the time, but she did end up pregnant - twice.

The first time was with her husband. Fearful of what his reaction would be to her pregnancy - which would unmask her first lie - and her own desire to remain childless, she discreetly sought an abortion, paying for it with her own money. Thankfully, they had agreed early on to have personal accounts along with a joint account. They had initially agreed to deposit ten percent of their net pay, but she fudged - a lot. She could pay for the abortion out of her own money and Jason would remain in the dark.

The second pregnancy was with Greg about six months ago. She told her lover about it and made the decision to get another abortion, again paying for it out of her own account. Hopefully, she thought, Jason would never find out about it.

And then there were her affairs. She remained faithful to her husband for the first seven years of their marriage, but that changed one day while she was out with a client, who just happened to be very good looking and also very rich. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, but one she never really regretted. They made mad, passionate love in the master bedroom of the large house she was showing and he showed his appreciation by buying the house on the spot.

She didn't do that very often, maybe about 10 times over the course of the next year-and-a-half, but she learned later that others had done the same thing. Sure, she felt a bit guilty, but, she decided, what the hell - if the other girls can do it and get away with it, so could she. In her mind, it didn't affect Jason any. She never stopped loving him and what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Then she met Greg and things changed. He was everything her husband wasn't. Jason liked to analyze everything before making a decision, where Greg was spontaneous and made spur-of-the-moment decisions. Jason's life and career had been decided long ago. He had worked for his father all his life and still did. Soon, he would become the CFO of his father's tire company and one day, he would take over as President and CEO.

Greg, on the other hand, didn't know where he would be in five years and took things one day at a time. While Jason thought about the future, Greg lived for the moment. They were also quite different in bed. While Jason made love to her and focused on her pleasure, Greg simply took her and fucked her.

At first, they met at motels and hotels around town or at a house they had listed for sale, but she became concerned that someone might spot them and alert either Jason or Greg's wife, Kristy. Then there was the night that Jason expressed concern that they were drifting apart. She got scared and cooled it with Greg for a while. She focused all her love on her husband, but that didn't last too long.

Greg wanted to start back up, but she was afraid that Jason might learn about them. She had to come up with an answer, so she decided to buy her own condo. That way, she would have a special place for her and Greg. He wanted to fuck her in the bed she shared with her husband, but she shot that down. Even though she considered Jason to be something of a stick-in-the-mud, she still had some feelings for him.

It also helped that her and Jason decided long ago to file separate tax returns. She could easily keep the condo from him while getting the tax benefits. It was a win-win all around. Or at least, that's what she told herself.

All of that led to this, her latest decision to spend a week in Hawaii with Greg. She took a week's. vacation from her office, telling them she was going to Hawaii with her husband after the annual corporate gathering. Greg, meanwhile, told his wife he would be on the road for the next week, which wasn't uncommon for him.

She lied to Jason, telling him she would be in Vegas for the week. Of course, all it would take is a phone call or two and he would know better. Fortunately for her, she thought, Jason believed whatever she told him. The only down side was that she would miss spending her tenth anniversary with Jason. She would make it up to him, though, once she got back, and all this would remain her secret.

She smiled as she looked down at the blue water below them, thinking about Hawaii. Greg had bought a very risque open sling bikini for the trip. He wanted to watch her peel it off and masturbate on the beach for him. The thought made her wet between her legs and she fought back the urge to finger herself right there on the seat. Maybe she would go to the lavatory and bring herself off later, she thought.

She pulled out her phone and checked for messages or calls. She wasn't surprised to see that Jason hadn't texted or emailed her. He wasn't much for texting, and preferred to communicate either by phone or in person. She chuckled to herself.

She felt the plane shudder and thought that maybe they had hit turbulence. She felt the plane nose down and the engines sounded different. She realized something was dreadfully wrong when she looked out the window. Suddenly, there was a flurry of activity in the cabin and she could feel the g-forces start to push her into her seat.

Looking outside, she could tell they were going down - fast. Oh my God, she thought to herself. This is it! We're going to crash! I'm going to DIE! Oxygen masks suddenly fell down and she could hear other passengers, including Greg, screaming as the flight attendants tried to prepare them for the inevitable. She looked at her phone and and with tears smearing her face, made one last decision.

...

Jason and Kristy had finished breakfast and put the last of the dishes away. They sat back down at the table and discussed plans for dealing with their wayward spouses. Jason was impressed with Kristy's ability to analyze a problem. Right now, he felt closer to her than he had to Karen for months. He had just returned to the table with a second cup of coffee for them when his phone buzzed. He saw Karen's name and number show, so he put it on speaker.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Jase," he heard Karen cry out. It was hard to hear as there was a lot of background noise and they heard other people screaming.

"Yes, Karen, what's going on?" he asked.

"Not... time... plane... down... So sorry... forgive... I," they heard before the call suddenly ended. Jason and Kristy looked at each other, shocked. He tried calling Karen back, but it went straight to voicemail. He looked at Kristy.

"Try calling Greg," he told her. She ran into the front room and grabbed her phone from her purse. As he watched, she tried calling, but shook her head.

"It went straight to voicemail," she said. He went into his home office and fired up his computer. After it came up, he did a search and found a contact number for the airline. He called and got the runaround but was finally able to talk to someone who confirmed they were investigating reports the plane had gone down.

He left his name and number, along with Karen's and Greg's information and was told someone would contact him. He also left Kristy's information so they could contact her.

He did a quick Google search, but nothing showed up. He figured it would take at least an hour before any news showed up. They went into the front room and turned on the television, wondering if anything had been reported. Jason went from channel to channel, but nothing was being reported. He looked at his phone and thought about the events leading up to this moment.

Finally, one of the news networks reported that an American Airlines flight to Honolulu had crashed in the Pacific, but there were no details.

"Oh, God," Kristy said, her hand over her mouth. Jason held her and silently prayed that Karen was still alive. He hated what she did to their marriage, but he didn't want her dead.

An hour later, his phone rang. He turned down the television and answered.

"Mr. Chandler?" a woman asked.

"This is he," he said.

"I just wanted to reach out and confirm that your wife's flight has crashed," she said. "I don't have any more information for you at this time, but we'll contact you just as soon as we have more information."

"Thank you," Jason said, ending the call. He and Kristy shared a hug and shed a few tears. A few minutes later, Kristy's phone rang and she was given the same information.

Some time later, his father called. This was not unusual, as his parents often reached to him whenever they heard something like this on the news.

"Hey, Jase," his father said.

"Hey, Dad, how's things going?" he asked.

"Just got back from church, did you see the news about that crash?" his father asked.

"Yeah, I did," Jason said.

"That's terrible," his father said. "By the way, how's Karen? Isn't she on her way back from Vegas?"

"She's not doing too well right now, Dad," Jason said. "She was on that airplane that crashed."

"What?" his father asked, shocked. "What was she doing going to Hawaii without you?"

"She was with her boyfriend," Jason said.

"Oh my God," the elder man said. "I'm so sorry to hear that, son. Listen, you take the week off and take care of things. I'll let Mike know. If there's anything we can do, just call, okay?"

"Thanks, Dad," Jason said. He ended the call, his mind flooded with conflicting emotions. On one hand, he was sad that Karen was, in all likelihood, dead. On the other he was angry with her for cheating. He was also angry at himself for not confronting her. Strangely enough, he wasn't upset about the fact that her death would mean no divorce. Then he had another thought. He would have to deal with all her final expenses, including the condo. Crap, he thought to himself.

He looked at Kristy and wondered how she would manage all this. What would she do? He had a thought and approached her.