Bad Girl Shenanigans on Another Planet

Story Info
Daisy and Jemma are stranded on an alien planet.
7k words
4.28
13.1k
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/07/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MTL17
MTL17
2,014 Followers

Disclaimer: I do not own Agents of SHIELD. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.

Author's note: This story contains spoilers for Season 2 of Agents of SHIELD, but deviates from canon.

*****

She could do this. She could totally do this. After everything she had been through over the last few days this should be easy. Hell, after what she had gone through in her life this should be easy. After all, this was just finally telling the girl she loved, or at least really, really liked, that she liked her. Loved her.

No, it was maybe, probably, definitely true, but loved would be coming on too strong. Liked was fine, or better yet she could confess to a crush, because until the other girl actually knew about it, that's all it technically was. Just a crush she was too cowardly to act upon. But not anymore.

*

"Hey Jemma, can I talk to you for a second."

Turning to see her friend Jemma smiled, "Of course Skye."

"Erm, actually it's Daisy now." Daisy softly corrected, and then when Jemma gave her a look she added, "I've decided to embrace my heritage."

"The one your parents left you?" Jemma frowned, quickly adding, "I'm so sorry Skye, I mean Daisy, that just came out. I didn't mean it. It's just-"

"Weird, I know." Daisy admitted, "But... I just searched for them for so long, and now... I can't have a relationship with either of them, so this seemed the only way to keep them with me. Or at least my Dad."

Jemma nodded, "Because he saved you."

"Exactly." Daisy nodded, then after a beat added, "It's still weird, isn't it?"

"Hey, you don't need to justify everything to me." Jemma smiled softly, "I'm your friend. I'll always support you. No matter what."

"Yeah, about that..." Daisy began, before realising to her horror that she'd completely forgotten the speech she rehearsed, "Like I said, I wanna talk to you about something."

Jemma waited for a few seconds for her friend to continue, then when she didn't she gently pushed, "About what?"

"I, erm... I..." Daisy mumbled for about a minute.

"It's okay, Daisy. Can tell me anything. You know that, right?" Jemma asked softly.

Daisy did know, and that was why this was so hard. Jemma Simmons was the perfect best friend, the kind she had always wished for but until she joined SHIELD never had. Someone kind, loving, caring. Someone who was always there for her when she needed to talk, but gave her space when she needed it.

Someone who knew everything about her. Or almost everything. Because there was one very significant thing Jemma didn't know, something Daisy had been keeping to herself and she didn't think she could keep it in any more, but once it was out there that would be it. There would be no going back, and one way or the other she would ultimately lose this perfect best friend.

Desperately hoping it would be worth it Daisy opened her mouth and tried her best to speak from the heart, "Jemma... I, I... WHAT THE-"

Before Daisy could even finish swearing in shock the large black rock they had been standing next to turned into a liquid form, broke free of the containment box SHIELD had been keeping it in and swallowed herself and Jemma. It was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen/experienced and she had seen and experienced some bizarre things over the past few years.

She hadn't even had the chance to use her powers or ran away before being covered in the unpleasant liquid. No, that was true for the latter, but possibly not the former, Daisy briefly cursing herself for not saving herself and Jemma when she had the chance.

Then all of a sudden the weird alien device spat them out, but not where they had just been, but in some kind of desert. Which didn't really matter right now. All that mattered was saving Jemma, Daisy desperately scrambling to try and catch her falling friend, only to once again fail her.

Again there wasn't much she could of done, but Daisy couldn't help think she could of done something as they crashed down onto the sand. For better or for worse they ended up falling down a sand dune, which meant more falling, but at least the force of the descent was slowed down so while their ultimate landing was painful it was not fatal.

They both lay there for several long minutes gasping for breath, then Daisy cautiously opened her eyes to look up at the sky. It was a clear night so she saw stars, although they didn't look quite right to her. Particularly the part where there were TWO freaking moons!

Sitting up with a fright Daisy looked around frantically, then back of the sky and to see she wasn't mistaken before looking at Jemma, who seemed even more terrified then she was. Wanting to be strong for her friend Daisy then did her best to calm herself, remembering everything May had taught her about controlling her breathing and taking at least five seconds to think before saying anything.

It didn't really help, Daisy exclaiming angrily to no one in particular, "Where the fuck are we?"

"I, I don't know." Jemma replied timidly as she looked around at their surroundings.

*

After a few minutes of understandably freaking out Jemma did her best to clear her head and think rationally. The mysterious alien rock had clearly been a portal, and the room it was in was under 24-hour surveillance so it was all but a guarantee that the others now knew what was happening and trying to do something about it.

Which she was sure to tell Skye, or Daisy as she was now going by. Also the easiest way to be found was to stay in the same place, especially in this case. Which she also told... Daisy. Over and over again. So they waited. And waited, and waited, and waited, until even Jemma was feeling agitated.

Of course the other girl got there long before her, once again whining, "How long has it been?"

"Oh, about five minutes since you last asked!" Jemma snapped, before saying, "I'm sorry Skye, I mean Daisy, I'm just a little-"

"On edge? Yeah, I get that." Daisy said grimly.

"I was going to say frightened." Jemma admitted after a brief pause.

"Hey." Daisy said loudly, softening her voice as she moved closer to where Jemma was sitting, "Hey, I won't let anything happened to you. I promise."

"That's sweet." Jemma smiled softly, "But you can't make that promise."

"I can." Daisy vowed forcefully.

"Skye." Jemma said softly, "We have no idea where we are, except another planet. We have no idea what could be lurking behind every corner, or if there's anything we can eat or drink, or even if the air and gravity are sustainable for more than a few hours."

"I don't care." Daisy promised forcefully, taking Jemma's hand, "I, I... I don't know how, I admit that, but somehow I will keep you safe. I promise."

For a moment the two women stared at each other, then Jemma cleared her throat, prompting Skye to awkwardly let go of her hand, which threw Jemma off for a moment, but she quickly recovered, "Yes... well, I... erm, water. If we are going to survive we need to find water. The human body can survive without food for weeks, but only survive for a few days without water."

"I know." Daisy said, "But aren't you the one who said we had to remain in the same place so the others could find us. Like, half a dozen times."

"I did." Jemma admitted, "But at this rate all they'll find is our dead bodies."

"Good." Daisy said, jumping up and stretching before quickly adding, "I mean about the leaving thing, not... not, the other thing. I just mean I was getting a bit antsy, and-"

"It's okay Skye, I know what you mean." Jemma smiled as she got up, before closing her eyes and cursing, "Dammit, I meant, Daisy. Sorry, sorry, sorry."

"It's okay, we're kind of in a traumatic situation here." Daisy smiled, before looking around, "So which way should we go?"

"Well..." Jemma started reluctantly, "We might stand a better chance if we split up-"

"No way Jose!" Daisy quickly exclaimed, "Like you said, we have no idea what's out there, and I'm the only one with powers, so I'm not leaving your side. Ever."

"Daisy, I-" Jemma began.

"No buts Jemma!" Daisy insisted, "Nothing you say will get me to leave."

"I think you're right." Jemma said very quickly, then adding a little slower, "I was going to say, we might stand a better chance if we split up, but as we have no idea what's out there I'd rather stay with you."

"Oh." Daisy murmured, feeling foolish, "So... which way should we go?"

"Oh, right." Jemma blushed, also feeling foolish, "I don't really know. The constellation is completely different here. Or at least it looks like it. So all we can do is pick a direction and hope for the best."

"Okay." Daisy nodded, and then wanting to make sure Jemma didn't take on the burden of making a possibly deadly mistake pointed in a random direction and offered, "How about that way?"

Jemma shrugged, "It's as good as any."

*

The next 24 hours were spent mostly walking. At first they tried to talk to each other to keep their spirits up, and Jemma used her phone to document the extraordinary things she could see, but as they continue to find nothing but miles of sand and rock Jemma suggested they conserve their energy.

So they walked until they could walk no more sleeping in shifts and cuddling the other for warmth, and comfort. That cuddling was a bit torturous for Daisy, but definitely something that they both needed. Besides, Jemma initiated it without words, so she couldn't turn it down.

Thankfully their phones made it easy to know when to sleep, and for how long, and it wasn't particularly hot because there was no sun, although that going wasn't helping them keep their spirits up.

Shortly after their rest they started talking again, Jemma pointing out that it was becoming increasingly unlikely they would find water and as deliriousness was threatening to kick in it became more important to hang onto at least some resemblance of sanity. So they talked, at first about trivial things, but as the hours ticked by they ended up sharing more than ever with each other.

Under much different circumstances It would have been quite nice. But it wasn't, and that was obviously getting to them both, especially as they could see how dehydration was affecting each other, making them look pale and weak. Which was breaking Daisy's heart.

Suddenly Jemma fell to her knees and Daisy cried out, "Jemma!"

"I'm fine." Jemma lied automatically, and then when Daisy gave her a look she sighed, "Okay, I'm not fine. But I can keep going. I swear."

Daisy bit her lip, "Do, do you maybe want to rest for a while?"

"We've rested enough." Jemma said solemnly, before unnecessarily reminding her friend, "This is it. Either we find water today, or..."

"I know." Daisy admitted sadly, "But you could rest for a little while as I scout ahead, or... I... I, I could carry you?"

"No, let's just keep going." Jemma tried to stand up, only to nearly topple over, "Whoa."

Luckily Daisy was there to stop her from falling over, Jemma leaning against her as the Inhuman insisted, "At least lean on me."

"Fine." Jemma sighed in annoyance.

They then awkwardly walked up the next big sand dune, which had to be like the millionth, and like the biggest one. Or maybe it just felt that way because they were going so slow. It was then that Daisy realised this really was it. They might not even make it over the next sand dune. Or at least Jemma wouldn't.

Hell, the only reason Daisy wasn't in a similar state was that she spent the better half of two years in intensive training so she could be an Agent of SHIELD, and her endurance would only keep her going for so long. So the question was now did she want to make a death bed confession, or take her feelings about Jemma to the grave?

Against her better judgement Daisy began, "Jemma, I need to tell you something."

"Shhhh, save your strength." Jemma croaked weakly.

"It's kind of important." Daisy insisted, "It's kind of a death bed confessions thing."

There was a pause and then Jemma croaked, "Okay, go ahead."

Part of Daisy had been hoping that Jemma would reassure her things weren't that bad yet, even if it was a lie, and while it was sobering to have her fears confirmed just how bad the situation was ironically Daisy found herself most afraid of rejection as she softly gulped and started to admit, "Well, I just... I didn't want to die without telling you-"

"Water!" Jemma croaked.

"What?" Daisy frowned.

"WATER!" Jemma exclaimed, trying to jerk forward and almost falling on her face again.

Daisy thankfully stop that from happening, again, and then she focused on what was ahead of them, and yes, at the bottom of the latest valley there was a large pond, or perhaps small lake, of what looked like water. If Jemma hadn't spotted it first Daisy would have sworn it was a mirage or something.

As Jemma had spotted it Daisy through her friend over her shoulder, ignored the gently flailing scientist's protests and used what little strength she had left to run to that water as fast as she could. She then gently dropped Jemma down in front of it before kneeling down beside her and diving her head down towards the water.

"Wait!" Jemma cried out, before quickly explaining, "It could be contaminated."

"If it is we're dead anyway." Daisy whined.

"No, I am." Jemma corrected weakly, "You've got the strength to keep going, so I should be the one to test it. And, and if it kills me, promise me that you keep going? That you'll find a way to survive? That you won't waste time and energy trying to bury me and you'll just go?"

There was a brief pause as Daisy just glared at her friend, before defiantly taking a handful of the liquid in front of her and drinking it. Jemma clearly tried to croak no, but lost her voice, and then the two Agents of SHIELD waited for a few long seconds to see if anything would happen.

Then Daisy started eagerly scooping up the water and drinking it, because yes, it did taste like water, and caused no initially noticeable side effects. Because of this Jemma cautiously joined her and the next thing Daisy was really aware of was both of them in the water, splashing each other and laughing like little girls.

Then a look of horror suddenly crossed Jemma's face, and before Daisy could ask her what was wrong she was pulled under.

"JEMMA! NO!" Daisy exclaimed, before diving underneath the water and desperately trying to save her friend.

*

Daisy had never been more grateful for being trained by Melinda May. Well, Grant Ward too, and she hated to feel grateful towards him right now, but she did, because they had both advised her to have a weapon on her at all times. Agent May might not need a knife, but even she would have probably been grateful for one if she was in this situation right now. That situation?

Underwater staring at a alien monster with a tentacle wrapped around the neck of the person she loved. It was a sight which caused her to freeze for a few long seconds, before Daisy sprang into action and stabbed the creature right in it's stupid tentacle.

There was a piercing sound which might have been a scream of pain, which luckily came from the creature, and then it let go of Jemma, allowing Daisy to grab her and started heading towards the surface. She was dully aware of tentacles following them, but despite how tired they were their survival instincts kicked in, just about allowing them to get to the surface.

Once there they were attacked, but with a combination of the knife and Daisy's powers they were able to fight off the creature and get to shore. They then fell into each other's arms and just held each other for a bit while they cried, both at nearly losing each other and their own lives, and just from this place.

Then Jemma softly whimpered into Daisy's ear, "What were you going to say?"

"What?" Daisy asked automatically, which was really stupid, because they both knew what Jemma meant.

"Your death bed confession." Jemma unnecessarily reminded her, "You know, the really important thing you needed to tell me."

"Oh yeah, that..." Daisy said awkwardly, "Don't worry about that."

"Skye!" Jemma warned.

"What? The whole purpose of a death bed confession is you don't have to live with the consequences of telling secrets." Daisy pointed out.

"We are not out of the woods yet." Jemma reminded her friend firmly, "And now you realise you have to tell me, right?"

"I know." Daisy sighed, "Can we at least move further away from the water? I don't want to be eaten while trying to have a heart to heart."

"Fine." Jemma conceded, and then after they moved gently pushed, "So?"

"I'm, I'm just trying to find the right words." Daisy said softly, suddenly wishing they were closer to the water so she could be interrupted, "Do you know the best thing about SHIELD?"

"That we protect people?" Jemma frowned.

"You." Daisy corrected softly, "The best thing about SHIELD, is you. Since the beginning you've been there for me, and you were just so welcoming. It meant a lot. And you've done nothing but protect me, defend me, and just... helped me, since I joined. I've... I've never really had a close female friend before, at least like this... but, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but sometimes it feels like it could be more. And I know, I know we couldn't be more different, but I couldn't imagine life without you. And just because we're different, doesn't mean we don't understand each other. In fact sometimes it feels like we understand each other without speaking. I just, I just feel so connected to you Jemma. And you're so, so smart, and funny, and amazing, and I just... I just... I, I love you... I'm in love with you."

The entire time Daisy was rambling Jemma stared at her with a hard to read expression on her face which made Daisy increasingly nervous, and she always back down several times, but it felt like if she didn't get this out now she never would.

So ignoring the voice in her head screaming at her to stop she just kept going until she finally said the words which really mattered, and then she just fell silent and stared at Jemma.

God, that silence was deafening and terrifying, as there didn't seem to be a single decibel for miles, and the longer it lasted the more it felt like Daisy had miscalculated and Jemma would never forgive her for this. And why would she? A love confession to her female friend when they were stranded on another planet struggling to survive? What the hell was she thinking?

Just before Daisy could start apologising, and desperately trying to take it back, Jemma's face softened and she croaked, "Oh thank God."

With that Jemma grabbed hold of Daisy's face and pulled it forwards while pushing her own forwards, meaning their lips crashed into each other. Daisy was so shocked by this reaction that she initially didn't kiss back, but luckily after a few long seconds her body switched into autopilot even while her mind and soul were paralysed with joy.

Because Jemma Simmons was kissing her! Kissing her! And after what was supposed to be a death bed confession of love. Meaning that it wasn't tragically one-sided and Jemma really did feel the same way. Right? It was hard to imagine any other reason for this kiss, although it was hard to think anything when her dream girl was kissing her.

After who knows how long Jemma broke the kiss, gently stroked Daisy's face and confessed, "I love you too. So, so much. Oh Daisy, it's what I wanted to tell you just before we got dragged to this awful place."

"Me too." Daisy beamed tearfully, Jemma returning that wide smile before they kissed again.

That kiss lasted even longer than the first, and was only broken with a gasp from Jemma after Daisy started getting a little handsy, "Here? Really?"

"Why not?" Daisy questioned, before reluctantly pointing out, "There's no guarantee were getting out of this, Jem. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I can't. But even if we did have a way to get off of this rock or something, I still wouldn't want to wait another minute to do this. So please Jem, let me? I need you so bad."

MTL17
MTL17
2,014 Followers
12