Bare and Dead: Pauline

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike looks seriously at him and says, "Why would the police say that about a little girl? You must be mistaken, Ray. How old is she?"

Ray looks confused for a moment then says, "Pauline is twenty eight! What difference does that make?"

"Oh, I thought you meant she was a young teenager or younger when you said your little girl. Now, what did you mean when you said someone tried to kill her? What happened?"

"I don't know. They found her in the Laundromat with her head spit open by a pipe wrench; at least they think that's what did it. The police, that is."

"They are investigating then? They have the weapon. My God, how is she?"

"They took her to Chilliwack hospital but they transferred her immediately to Vancouver General. She hasn't woken up, yet. I don't think she ever will. Oh God! This is killing Holly."

"This is such a shock, Ray. I don't think I ever met your daughter but it's so terrible when anyone is attacked in such a viscous manner. I feel so bad for you and your wife. Was she married?"

"No. My wife is looking after her sister and we are trying not to alarm her. We have told her Pauline had to go away to help a sick friend for a while, but I don't think she believes us. We are too old to try and lie to a young one today. Heather is nineteen and knows something is wrong, you can tell in her eyes and the way she acts. She wants to go home."

"Where did they live? Very far from your place?"

"At Harrison Mills."

Marlene perks up and says, "Pauline? It can't be the same girl. Did she live at the nudist park?"

Mike glares at her and goes to shush her when Ray says, "You know her? Yes, that's where she lives in a cabin there on the grounds. Her and Heather loved the place and moved in there when Heather was still a minor."

Mike is more confused than ever. How come Marlene remembers her and he doesn't. He says, "But I don't understand what help you think I can be? I didn't even know her... I don't think."

Marlene says, "You know. The girl behind the counter who took us out to the hot tub to meet with Les Klassen. She was native and her name was Pauline. Remember?"

"Oh my God! I do remember. That was your daughter? Oh God, what can I do to help?"

"Please find whoever did this to my little girl, Mike. You helped Ray Chauffe when he was charged with that murder here in town. I have faith in you, Mike. Please help us. The whole tribe will pitch in to pay you. Please say you will help us."

"I will do what I can for a friend, but I imagine the police have the matter well in hand. I doubt they will want me poking around when they are conducting their own investigation. Don't worry about pay. Let me find out what I can first. You just look after that wife and other daughter of yours for now. I'll keep in touch with you daily. Will that help?"

"I knew you wouldn't let us down, Mike. I'll pass the word along to the elders. I'll be waiting to hear from you. When Pauline gets out of the hospital, she'll be grateful, too."

"O.K. Ray, leave it with me." Ray wanders like a lost man back to his older '82 station wagon and pulls out of the lot around Mike's tractor.

Marlene says, "What can you do, Mike?"

"I'm not sure if Harrison Mills is in the Mission Detachment jurisdiction or the Agassiz Detachment's. I'll stop by the Mission RCMP station on our way home. Shit! I never even thought to ask him when it happened. I guess maybe a call to Les Klassen should answer that question. He's manager out at 'Sunny Meadows'. He should be able to give me all the details without having to bother the family again."

By the time Mike has the tractor parked and has come back to the car it's after seven thirty on Tuesday morning. He checks around the dispatch office and can't see any indication he will have another load right away, so he leaves the premises feeling he has the day, at least, to work on getting details about the attack on Pauline. He will get Trudy working on digging up facts surrounding the attack, since she is the one who works best on the phone. Meanwhile he'll call Les and will visit the RCMP Detachment in Mission on his way home. He feels by noon he will have a lot more information.

Understandably Marlene is rather silent as they pull away from CPX. She doesn't like the violent nature of Mike's work and has a tendency to be a bit squeamish about details that include physical harm people inflict upon each other. She leaves that up to Mike.

Chapter 3

As they drive the Lougheed towards Maple Ridge, Mike glances at his watch and uses his cell phone to call Les Klassen at the nudist park in Harrison Mills. The phone rings a number of times but there is no answer.

Marlene says, "Why don't you try their office number?" She has the Abbotsford/Chilliwack/Agassiz phone book in hand and says, "Here's the number." Mike dials the number into his phone but doesn't punch send. He says, "See if you can find the Agassiz Tribal Council Office number there. Might be someone in the office who can give me more details."

Mike pulls into the Maple Ridge Zellers parking lot and parks before he punches send on his phone. He listens to it ring and then a female voice answers "Good morning, Sunny Meadows Resort. Bernice speaking. How may I help you?"

"Good morning, Bernice. Is Les Klassen in his office this morning? I'd like to speak to him. Would you tell him it's Mike Claymore calling?"

"Just a moment, I'll check." Mike looks across at Marlene and says it sounds like business as usual out there so the incident must have happened a few days ago, not in the last twenty-four hours.

"Maybe it happened on the weekend. They must be busiest then. To whom are you talking?"

"Must be someone who works for Les. She's getting him."

Bernice comes back on the line and says, "Les will be right with you. He's picking up the phone out..."

Les Klassen's voice comes on the line, "Mike? Is that Mike Claymore?"

"Les, I'm calling because a friend of mine asked me to check on what happened to his daughter, Pauline Martin. What happened out there?"

"Oh, it's one hell of a mix up. I don't know what's going on. The cops are just about to arrest me for the attack on her. I didn't have anything to do with it, Mike. It was one of her crazy boyfriends, I'm sure. If she didn't sleep around with so many, she never would have been attacked. It sure wasn't me. I never touched her. Damn, man! You know what these squaws are like. They'll do anything for a piece of ass, especially if it's a white man."

"Take it easy, Les. Remember, I'm half native. Just tell me what happened." Mike looks angry but controls it.

"Damn! I'm sorry! I forgot, but it's true. She was fucking some of the members here at the club and her boyfriend. There's also rumors she was doing drugs and was screwing her dealer, a Hell's Angel type from Chilliwack. Even her old native boyfriend came hanging around here occasionally. That's her sister's boyfriend, we think."

"So when did the attack take place?"

"Last Sunday night after midnight. She was in the Laundromat by the gate washing some clothes and someone clobbered her with my monkey wrench. I'd been doing some repairs in there to some of the machines that day and had left some tools. It might have been my wrench but I was in bed. I never touched her."

"Which detachment of the RCMP is checking it out?"

"Our cops out here at Agassiz, I guess. They left me a card but it's in the office. I'm pretty sure it was the local cops. They cover all the way up to Lake Errock on the Lougheed. After that it's the Mission cops."

"I thought you said they were getting ready to arrest you? It was your wrench and nobody can prove you were in bed, is that it?"

"Naw, Darlene was here and in bed with me all night. They checked for prints on the wrench but it looks like the guy wiped them off with a pair of her panties from the wash. At least, that's what the cop said. All they could find were my prints. He was saying I could have got up after she went to sleep and did it. What bullshyster!"

"O.K., Les. Maybe I'll drop around later today or tomorrow and take a look in the Laundromat. See if I can spot any clues, stuff like that. See ya later."

"O.K. Mike, I'm glad to see your checking on things. You're a fair guy and I know you'll find out what happened. See you."

He punches 'end' and Marlene says, "They suspect Les?"

"It looks like she was struck on the head by a monkey wrench that belongs to Les. He says he was doing some work in the Laundromat that day, last Friday that was, and his prints are the only ones on the wrench. He swears he didn't have anything to do with it and was in bed all night with Darlene. I guess she is his on again, off again, lover. Remember her? She was in the hot tub with him when we went out there on the Wendel Blake case."

"It doesn't sound good for him. Who does he say did it?"

"He says she was sleeping with half the country, ...the male half." Mike shakes his head. "I don't know. Let's get on home. At least I know which detachment is handling it now."

They pull out of Zellers and head east for Mission on the Lougheed. At Mission they swing south onto the Abby/Mission Highway. They pull in home in less than half an hour.

As they go in the house, Mike says, "Let me discuss this with Trudy. I can use her special talents on this one." They go up the steps into the kitchen and Trudy is in the sink up to her elbows in breakfast dishes. She looks around at them and waves a wet hand, "When's that lousy husband of ours going to get a dishwasher?" She laughs and Marlene tries to smile. "What's the matter, guys? Lost your sense of humor?"

Marlene says, "Mike will tell you. I'll take over there." Mike puts their bags on the stair to take up later and takes the laundry down stairs. Trudy follows him.

"So why the long faces? Did you get laid off or something?"

"Friend of mine told me this morning his daughter was attacked last Sunday night. She's in Vancouver General and not in good shape. She may not make it."

"Oh man, that's sad. I suppose it was her husband?"

"No. She's not married. By the way, you've met her. Remember when we went out to Sunny Meadows Nudist Park last fall on the Blake case. His daughter was the one who showed us where the hot tub was. The girl from behind the counter in the lounge."

"That gorgeous native girl, Paulette... no Pauline. Pauline! That was her name. Not her?"

"I'm afraid so. She's Ray Martin's daughter."

"So that's why he was trying to get a hold of you. I wish he'd told me and I could have been working on it right away. What have you got on it so far?"

"She was struck with a pipe wrench that belongs to Les Klassen and his prints are the only ones on it, but it appears to have been wiped. She was in the Laundromat just inside the gates to the grounds and it was after midnight. She was washing some clothes and it appears the attacker used a pair of her panties from the wash to wipe off the wrench. Les Klassen says he has an alibi; he was in bed with Darlene, remember her? She was with him in the hot tub that night we went over there. That's all I've got so far."

"Well, that's a start. What's this Darlene's last name and where do we find her?"

"Whoa. Slow down. I don't know how the police will be to work with. We have to first contact them and see if our help will be appreciated. Can you handle that?"

"I thought you had a mandate. Didn't Ray hire you?"

"He wants to but I told him I would look into the situation first, then give him my answer. If it appears the police have everything under control and are taking someone in, then we won't be needed, will we?"

"You know what they'll do. She's just a squaw to them and they will say she slept around, even if she didn't. God Michael, you of all people should know that. They'll sit on it and hope something turns up."

"That's not necessarily true. Some damn fine officers work for the RCMP and don't have a prejudice bone in their bodies. I know that's a possibility but let's just check things out and see. You can start on that right away, if you will?"

"Right after you kiss me and give me some loving up. Do you see any difference in my belly?"

"It's only been two days since I saw you last." He grins, "O.K., show me your belly."

She slides off the desk and comes around in front of him, pushing her skirt down around her thighs and pulling her blouse up over her breasts. She grins and sticks her belly out at him. Marlene comes into the office just then and says, "Good heavens girl, what are you doing?"

She grins at Marlene over one shoulder and says, "I'm showing Mike my belly."

"And everything else you've got. Well, Mike, aren't you going to look at her belly?"

"Uh, uh, I am."

"Her belly's not down there." She winks at Trudy.

"Uh, well, I guess it looks the same as it did on the weekend. What can I say?"

"I bet if I stood in front of you like that you'd think of something. I think he's shy, Trudy. I'll leave you two so he can get on with his inspection." She grins and leaves for the laundry room.

Trudy moves closer and says, "Go ahead and feel it." She takes his hand and runs it over her belly. She leans against his shoulder and pushes his hand down into her blond triangle. She says, "Now give me my kiss."

Her arms come around his neck and her lips fasten to his as she nudges him around in his swivel desk chair so she can move her hips and rub herself on his hand. He can't resist the temptation to move his fingers and she presses against his hand more insistently as they continue to kiss. Almost before he has time to react she reaches down and frees his erection, while she slips her tongue into his mouth and wiggles out of her skirt. With both arms around his neck again she climbs into this lap. She pulls her lips away and says, "Oh Mike, I need you! I love you!"

He buries himself in her and whispers, "My love, I'm here for you. I always will be. You can count on me." He kisses her forehead and moves his hips in a slow rhythm for her. Marlene comes to the door and stands watching them for a few minutes then goes off upstairs biting her lip.

Later, as they are trying to catch their breathes and she is resting her head on his shoulder, still shuddering occasionally, she whispers in his ear, "Oh Mike, ...uhh huhh ... I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" He tightens his arms around her. "What are you sorry about?"

"Me! I'm ... so oversexed." She catches her breath. "It's always been ... like that since ... I was nine. I'm sorry."

He nestles his head by hers and kisses her ear, "I'm certainly not complaining, my love."

"It's just my way of seeking affection." She sighs, "The psychiatrist told me ... that was why I do it."

"You went to see a shrink? When?"

"My husband made me go when I was pregnant for Crystal." She catches her breath again. "I'm always more demanding when I'm with child, I guess."

"Whenever you feel the need, sexually or emotionally, I'll try to be there for you. I always will. You have my word."

"The doctor said I was reaching out for my Daddy. When Mom's lover raped me when I was nine, I cried for my Dad to come and help me. For many nights after that I cried for him, but he was always away with the squadron. Then I found a way to get the affection I craved. The psychiatrist explained it all to me so I would understand, but I'm still the same."

She nestles down deeper into his lap and tries to recapture his penis with her opening. She nuzzles his neck and goes on in a low voice. "Right away I got a chance to baby sit for another officer at the base, while he took his wife to the Officer's Mess. When they came home she was drunk so I helped him put her to bed. Then he made me some hot chocolate in the kitchen. He was so nice and a lot like my Daddy, so I confided in him what had happened. He was very sympathetic and took me on his knee to console me. I'm not sure if I started it or he did, but I ended up in his lap having intercourse with him. It was so nice and comforting, because he was so gentle and I didn't even mind it so much that time when he peed in me. I still didn't know the difference between come and pee. I started to have sex with him in his lap quite often and in a few weeks he told a friend."

Now she has recaptured him and sighs as she feels his presence inside her. She goes on, "His friend asked me to baby sit for them and he did the same thing for me. Always it was best if they held me in their laps and surrounded me with their arms. A third officer was screwing me before one of the officers' wives caught on to what was happening. There was a big blowup and it was hushed up so there wouldn't be any bad publicity for the service. They used to give me gifts and said what a good baby sitter I was. I missed their affection and, I suppose, their gifts. The doctor said that was why I am like I am. I love you so much and I hope I don't scare you into sending me to more doctors. Please just hold me and love me."

Mike moves slowly inside her and clutches her close to his chest as tears roll down his high cheeks and drop on her shoulder. She sighs contentedly and wiggles her bottom in a slow rhythm with the occasional low moan.

When they have spent all their energy and she feels secure she slips from his lap and goes away upstairs to the bathroom. Mike tries to concentrate on a file, but gives up and follows her as far as the kitchen. Marlene is there, having a coffee at the table and brooding as she waits for the kids to come in from school. She glances up at him and says, "Are you done? You better go and change your pants before the kids get home."

"Are you angry with me?"

"No. I expected you would take her to bed. I guess you couldn't wait that long, eh?"

"She craves affection and I can't say no. That's all I can say."

"You didn't want to screw her? You could have fooled me! I thought you looked like a very willing participant."

"Please. She'll hear us. I'll try to explain after she goes home."

"Why don't you go with her? Then you won't miss a chance for sure. Go change your pants!" She glares at the front of his pants and points upstairs. "She's up there waiting for you anyway!" She puts her head back down into her cup of coffee and takes a drink, not looking at him.

Mike goes upstairs and pulls a clean set of jogging pants out of a drawer. Trudy is sitting on the bed. She looks sad and says, "I heard her. I was coming down to get ready to leave and I heard what she said. She must have seen us. Oh Michael, I'm so sorry I have messed up your life so much. I don't know what to say to her. I have to try and explain somehow. I love her like a big sister and it hurts so much to cause her pain. Please let us work this out. I'm going down to talk with her."

"I don't think it's the right time to do that."

"If I don't, the two of you will have an argument and she might leave you. Please let me try to talk with her. Please, Mike? Please just stay up here for a little while, until the kids come in from school."

Mike sighs and says, "I'll take a shower and change. You have that time to see what you can do."

"Thanks, Mike." She jumps up and kisses him, then leaves.

Mike dawdles over his shower and dressing. He listens for the kids as he checks his watch. He stretches out across the bed and wonders what tomorrow might bring. He dozes off to sleep.

He comes awake and realizes it's Shelly and Jan arguing in their bedroom that has awakened him. He gets up and goes downstairs to see how Trudy and Marlene are making out. When he comes into the kitchen he finds Marlene sitting at the table with her coffee and it doesn't look like she has moved. He realizes that's ridiculous so he says, "Where's Trudy? Did you two have your talk?"

1...45678...42