Baseball Ch. 10: The Old Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm glad you did."

"I don't think I can take your dick there though. That's too much."

"Okay," I said. "Not a problem. I'm not ready for that either. But I am ready to take you normally." I flipped her over onto her back, and got into position above her. At her nod, I slid myself into her waiting tunnel. It was like paradise, and I told her so.

"I missed this too," she replied. "I need you to fuck me."

I drove into her with long, slow strokes, reacclimating myself to her. It had only been a few months since spring training, but I felt out of practice. Just as I was getting ready to speed up, she must have had the same thought. "Fuck me! Harder!" Casey cried out.

I sped up and gave her as much of a full stroke as I could, and that satisfied her. She made happy noises as I rammed her. The whole bed shook from the hard fuck I was giving my fiancee. I thought it might break, but it surprised me by holding together.

"Coming!" Casey suddenly screamed, and her snatch gripped my member, making me go over the edge too. I spilled into her, grunting with each blast.

When I'd finished, I pulled out and collapsed into the bed with her. At that point, we were both tired and sweaty, but neither of us could be bothered to clean up more than a quick trip to the restroom. I was glad for that, because I just wanted Casey lying in my arms that night, which she did. It also increased the probability of shower sex the following morning, which also happened. We had agreed we didn't want to waste any of the limited time we had together, and that's exactly what we set out to do.

----

The flu that Adams had apparently swept through the clubhouse. I had it a few days later, but not as bad as the other guys. It wasn't just us, either. Other teams, and other minor league levels, were all getting it. Casey eventually caught it too, and couldn't come visit when she'd planned. We had to settle for a video call instead. She looked tired from her sickness and the meds she had been taking, so it wasn't a long call. She had it worse than I had, and was sick for a few days.

She came the following weekend instead. This time, on her visit, some of the young guys asked about her. "She got a sister?"

"Nope."

"Maybe a cousin?"

Casey walked up. "Yeah, I have a cousin. I'll tell Derek you want to meet him," she told the guy, and the rest of the group laughed.

She joined us at the bar for a bit, celebrating a win for the team, and a home run for me. We sat with the guys who were 21, had a couple of beers, and we razzed the younger guys at the next table who were drinking soda.

Then they razzed us right back, as we left the bar later, headed back to my tiny apartment. I guess it wasn't much of a secret what we were going to do. I frowned, but Casey just shrugged it off, saying they were just jealous boys.

That night, we lay in each other's arms, post coitus, and we talked about the wedding. Lani and Casey had both been putting things together, preparing for November. We were only five months away from being husband and wife. "I'm looking forward to being your husband," I told her.

"Is there really that much difference from now?" she asked. "I mean, I am still leaking your stuff from my hoo-ha."

"There is a difference," I insisted. "I want to hear you call me your husband. Even if it's you telling me 'take out the trash, husband,' I still look forward to it."

She giggled. "Only if you tell me, 'hey wife, come here and give me a kiss.'"

"That's a deal." I said, and kissed her.

----

July Fourth did not bring the fireworks anyone expected. Bud called me into his office that morning. "Bob Blazer passed this morning. Another heart attack. I wanted to let you know, since you worked with him."

I nodded, stunned. "I appreciate it. Um... wow."

"Yeah, wow."

We both sat in silent for a minute, taking in the news. I said a silent prayer, and I thought of Casey. Bob was not just her mentor and boss. She'd known him her whole life.

Bud poured two glasses from a bottle he'd produced from his desk drawer, and handed me one. "To Bob," he said, and we clinked our glasses. I drank the hooch down in one swallow.

"Casey's going to be getting real busy now," he said.

"Yeah," was all I could say. I let the alcohol burn in my throat.

"I know you and I didn't always see eye to eye at first," he said. "But I see the writing on the wall."

"What's that?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not the only short-timer in the organization," he explained. "Bob was the first. He went too early, but he was one of our generation. Me, Chuck, and a few others. We're all on our way out. Have been for a few years."

"You retiring, Bud?"

He nodded. "Can't do it forever. There's guys that are waiting to take my spot. Maybe not around here, but somewhere. A new generation. Just like when you're a player, there's always a young guy behind you, waiting for their shot."

I nodded. "I guess so."

"Chuck saw something in you. You've got a good way with these kids. I'm seeing it too, now." He looked at me dead on. "You'll be a helluva coach someday."

"Maybe. But not today. I'm still a player, Bud."

"And I'm still your coach. But, keep it in mind, one day."

"One day.

----

Casey went to Bob's funeral, with her father, Lani, and Landon at her side. All of the triple A players and staff went too. He'd been with the organization for decades, and was well loved. Casey told me all about it later that night on a video call.

"I'm sorry I couldn't go."

"You had a game. Everyone understood."

"I'm tired of being away from you," I said.

"You'll make it back soon."

"Not soon enough. And not without getting assigned to Double A first."

"Reading is much closer, though," she said positively. "It's only like an hour away. Half the distance."

"I know. It's just hard."

Casey looked at me and told me. "John Mills. If it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be worth doing."

I smiled. "Yes ma'am."

"You're living the dream, remember?" She continued. "Neither of us wanted you to give up your shot. So here we are."

"Here we are. Hopefully I can get called up to Reading. At least I'll be closer to you, my love."

"I hope so too, and soon. The bed feels empty without you."

----

Casey had been named interim GM when Bob passed away. It only took a couple weeks to make it official. At 26, she was now the youngest GM in minor league baseball, and one of the few women. But everyone in the organization had faith in her, including me. Especially me.

I talked to Bud about any potential call-ups to Reading. He scowled at me. I said it was not just for me, but for Casey. He harrumphed again, but reluctantly said he'd look into it. A few days later, he came back and told me there might be some discussion, but to be patient.

It was the end of July by the time I heard news. Bud said they were sending me to Double A, starting August 1st. My batting was good, and while I wasn't a gold glove first baseman, I'd proven I wasn't a defensive liability.

I video-called Casey right away. "Hi, baby. I have some big news."

She looked a little pale on the screen. "Oh! Me too."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. You go first."

"They're sending me to Reading, next week."

Her face brightened up a little, but not completely. "Really? That's great. I'm so happy."

"Casey, what's wrong? You don't look happy."

"I am happy, honest. It's just..." she trailed off.

I heard Lani's voice in the background. "For God's sake, Princess, if you don't tell him right this second, I will."

"Tell me what?" I urged.

"Umm, remember when I came to Millersport right after I'd had the flu?"

"Last month? Yeah, of course."

"I think the meds I was taking messed up my... my birth control."

I sat for a second, a little taken aback. "Are you saying..."

Casey gulped and nodded. "I'm pregnant."


12