Be Careful What You Wish For

Story Info
Voyeur's dream comes true—sort of.
10.3k words
4.71
31.1k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is my entry in the April Fools Day Story Contest 2023. It's a playful fantasy encompassing a world of supernatural forces, voyeuristic intentions, and the realization of sexual dreams—with a twist. The primary focus is on non-physical voyeurism, but does include a taste of lesbian play just to keep things juicy (pun intended). Any similarities to events or persons are purely coincidental, and all characters are over 18.

Your support, comments, constructive feedback, and votes are greatly appreciated!

______________

I was late. And a bit lost. I told my buddies I would meet them at a new coffee house in the old section of town that was supposed to be an improvement on the run-of-the-mill commercial chains. We planned to go over setting up an informal knockoff of a Magic Cards tournament and generally shoot the shit, mostly about girls—or our lack thereof.

So, yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd. And my friends and I were definitely lacking experience in the naked women/sex department, but not for lack of trying. Or thinking about trying. Or wondering how to make anything happen in real life at all. We'd be thrilled even just to have a look-see.

I'd evidently made a wrong turn after I got off the bus because I was in an unfamiliar part of town and not the area I was looking for. Instead of gentrified new shops, restaurants, and coffee houses, I passed run-down-looking used bookstores, a pharmacy, and several pawn shops. I walked briskly, thinking that if I moved faster, I would find my way sooner—which would make more sense if I weren't heading in the wrong direction.

I cut down an alley leading to what looked like an open square. I met an old man with a cart laden with trinkets, mystical novelties, Tarot cards, crystals, singing bowls, amulets, incense, beads, and the like. I stopped, curious, and looked at several items.

My nerd/fantasy/sci-fi brain took over, and I forgot I was in a rush to get somewhere. So instead of moving on, I started browsing through the wares. I was fascinated by the array of items but skeptical about their authenticity. So, rather rudely, I asked the old man if any of his shit was real or just junky schlock to fool the gullible.

The old man regarded me with a sage look. "Reality is a state of mind, and the mind can be bent, molded, tricked, and expanded. Do you believe your mind is capable of more things than we objectively know and understand?" He looked at me with black, piercing eyes.

"I, uh, well, I suppose so," I muttered, uncomfortable with the question. "I haven't really thought about it in that way. What do you mean, though? What kind of things?"

"There is more in the universe than can be understood by man. Unseen forces, dimensions of time, space, and reality that few comprehend, and fewer truly experience."

"That sounds deep," I said. "But honestly, it also sounds like some kind of mystic mumbo-jumbo. No offense." Despite my brash words, deep down, I generally understood what he meant and did believe there were forces beyond our comprehension. Also, something about him engendered trust, which surprised me. I was curious.

The old man smiled, a knowing look on his face that I found disquieting. "You, Billy, are more than you are and can tap into forces you do not know or understand. If you would so want."

How does he know my name? I never told him . . . ok, this is creepy.

"I'm not really into this secret, unknowing reality, mind-bending double-speak, sorry. Can you just tell me what you're talking about? Just say it without all the mystique?"

The old man chuckled. "I speak about forces and events this way because there is no other way to describe them—there are no simple definitions or words to talk about things we do not know. So perhaps it would help to think about it in simple, archaic terms, the way people did long ago—magic, for instance."

"Magic? Yeah, right, and I've got a bridge to sell you." I couldn't keep the disdain out of my voice.

"It is not a word I prefer; it has many cultural and societal connotations that warp its fundamental meaning."

I nodded. "Ok, so what do you mean when you say magic? And how is all the other gobbledygook you've been spouting related to magic?"

His face darkened at my words, and I realized my characterization of his views was disrespectful and unwarranted.

"Hey, I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be rude," I quickly added. "It's just that I'm having difficulty grasping all this."

He paused as if weighing whether I was worth his time. I hoped he would continue and vowed to be more polite and non-judgmental about these things.

Nodding, he continued. "Simply put, 'magic' is altering or affecting events through supernatural or mysterious forces, and 'supernatural' refers to forces beyond scientific or human understanding. So when events occur outside the laws of nature or scientific clarity, we call it magic."

"So, you're not talking about parlor tricks or illusions for entertainment here," I said.

"Precisely. I sense in you a potential ability to attune to what you might think of as paranormal forces, to tap into and manipulate events or objects in our dimension."

"You're saying I have some sort of "wizarding" powers, like Harry Potter or something? Me thinks I've seen that movie already."

He chuckled again. "No, nothing like that. I am not talking about some sorcery you can wield to cast spells or learn to control things that way. I am talking about magic in the sense of using the mind—with the aid of some objects—to achieve what appears to us to be inexplicable."

I waited, now enthralled with his description.

"Let us put it this way," the old man said. "Certain objects—often colloquially called amulets or talismans—are infused with energies that have not yet been scientifically identified. Some people, attuned to these energies, can focus and direct them to create a new reality—a physical manifestation in this universe—that appears to temporarily alter or change existing matter or objects. The duration of the alteration or events depends on the strength of the forces and the person focusing those energies."

My mind sifted through the concepts and implications of his words. "At the risk of over-simplification, then, to the typical person, you're essentially describing someone making a wish using a magical object, and that wish comes true—well, at least it appears to come true to us in this temporal plane. And usually temporarily."

"Basically, yes," the old man said. "That is how many would view the phenomenon. Magic wishes. A terribly simplistic term and so inaccurate. But yes."

"You said you sense something in me that could do that. How can I know if there is? Do you do some sort of test to measure how attuned a person is?"

Again, he paused, lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed. Mulled over something. He apparently came to a decision and gave a curt nod as if telling himself to continue. To me, he said, "Something like that. More like a practical assessment of abilities than a test in the way you would think of one. Is this an endeavor you truly wish to undertake? You may find that events do not always unfold in the manner you may have intended."

"Are you talking about danger? Is this something that I might get hurt doing?"

"Such a result would be improbable to occur unintentionally. I can think of no such instance happening."

Relieved, I made my decision. "Yes, I think so; I want to know more about this. You've got me curious, and I'm intrigued to know more. What do I need to do?"

"Let us begin with a simple assessment of the degree to which you can connect with and direct certain forces. First, I will provide you with a small crystal infused with moderate energy. Next, you will focus on achieving a personal outcome, something you desire but may not generally be in the realm of possibility in this world."

I interjected, with a sense of suspicion. "Hang on, so this crystal, is this something you're trying to sell me? Is this whole conversation just a sales pitch for your trinkets?"

The old man shook his head, clearly disappointed with my accusation. "No, Billy, I am not trying to sell you something or make you do something. I travel the world, seeking the attuned and educating and assessing them. Some, I train—train them in the useful and philanthropic applications of their energies. Yes, I sell mystical trinkets and paraphernalia because I need money to survive and function. However, that is not my purpose or goal. There will be no financial transaction here today with you."

I felt pretty shitty about openly accusing him of basically being a charlatan and regretted my skepticism. There I go again, foot in mouth, not thinking first. He's trying to help me, and I shit on him. Arg, I'm a dick sometimes.

"Sorry again," I said. "Just my inherent cynicism, I guess. Are you still willing to give me a try? And I keep meaning to ask, how do you know my name is Billy? I never told you. Is this part of your connection with unseen energies or something?"

The old man looked at me with amusement. "Not exactly unseen energies, but something just as powerful. I tapped into my mental connection with visible written words and made a logical deduction—your name is embroidered on your shirt." He grinned broadly. "And yes, I want to move forward with you."

I laughed and shook my head. I'd completely forgotten that my work shirt had my name on it. "Ok, so you were talking about an energy-infused crystal."

The old man reached into a small satchel and pulled out an irregularly shaped white crystal about the size of a golf ball. He handed the crystal to me. Maybe it was my imagination, but I thought I felt what seemed like a tingle of electricity for an instant as I touched it. The feeling was brief, and I wasn't sure if it had even happened. I put the crystal in my pocket and looked at the old man expectantly.

"Please listen carefully," he began. "First, what you are dealing with is not a joke, a parlor trick, or something to use as a stunt to impress your friends; it is something to be used discreetly and with forethought. Second, the amulet you hold is not particularly strong. Think of it as a 'starter kit' to test your natural abilities. If we proceed beyond this initial trial, your opportunities and experiences will increase exponentially."

The old man held up his finger to emphasize his next point. "Third, and this is very important: the universe does not necessarily respond to intentions as one expects—it does not speak English. So, you must focus with specificity and clarity. Focus on the situation, application, or resulting circumstance you envision, rather than on a concrete product or effect—unless you want to limit the alterations to a specific object—and remember it is not permanent at this stage."

"I get the first two points; they're pretty straightforward. But I'm not fully following your third point about choosing the effect."

"Allow me to give you some examples to better clarify," the old man said. "Say you want wealth, money. You could 'wish' for a million dollars. But what event or effect accompanies that? For example, someone you love could die and leave you the money—and then you lose the money somehow because the outcome is temporary—so not an advisable 'wish.' Consider the classic story, The Monkey's Paw, a literary caveat."

He paused to let me contemplate that, then continued. "Or, your desired effect is unclear, and you say something vague or ambiguous, such as 'I want to be taller,' instead of 'I want to be able to reach two inches higher to adjust this shelf.' The first is unclear—what defines 'taller?' A centimeter? A foot? And what makes you taller? Your shoe heels double in height? Your neck stretches? If your goal is generally to reach two inches higher, but you are open to different means of achieving that goal, then focus on your goal, carefully specifying sufficient parameters to avoid too broad of an interpretation or unwanted results."

I nodded slowly, processing the information. "So, what do you suggest for my first attempt?"

"We recommend for your first attempt that you either try something particular with an object or something personal to you that creates an effect or result without an articulated method. Pick something personal and unique to you that you want to achieve or experience but is unlikely in the natural course of events."

"Like what? What do you mean something personal?"

"I cannot suggest what you choose to seek; that must come from you. But for this first attempt, keep it simple, light, and fun. You will be more successful if you do not have the self-imposed pressure of trying to do something highly consequential. So think of something you would like to do or experience that would not happen under most circumstances. Then, part of the skill set is to frame your desired outcome in a way that achieves your goal or goals. This cannot be taught; each Attuned must find their best method."

"Ok," I said, still uncertain and with a healthy dose of skepticism. But open to trying. Why not? If it doesn't work, well, no harm, no foul. "I think I have the general idea. What happens next?"

"You will want a private place where you will not be interrupted. Decide ahead of time what your goals and intentions will be, and give thought in advance about how to focus your 'request' or 'wish' so you can best achieve the desired outcome. Then, hold the crystal in both hands, close your eyes, focus, and state out loud what you seek to happen three times. Finally, read the countdown statement printed on this parchment."

He handed me a small leather-bound folder; inside was an old, yellowed paper with what looked like a countdown list. I looked at it briefly, then back at the old man. "Is this a spell or incantation? It looks like something a sorcerer or wizard would say." But with pretty lame rhymes.

The old man shook his head. "No, not in the way you think of those things. It is like a spell in the way praying is like meditating: similar in form but different in intent and meaning. The words help the mind focus and connect with the crystal's infused energies and integrate those energies with the universe's forces and your own desires."

"I'll do my best," I said with more conviction. "Oh, one more question. You said this first event would be temporary; how long does that mean?"

"Depending on the strength of your ability to channel the crystal's forces, anywhere from one to three hours," the old man replied. "The outcome duration correlates with the Attune's strength and the transformation's complexity and difficulty. If it is only a small or simple outcome, it will last a shorter time. If the outcome is larger, more complex, and detailed, then the duration will be of the longer range."

I furrowed my brow as I absorbed that information. Then I asked, "Do we meet after to discuss this? To assess how attuned I am?"

Nodding, the old man replied, "We shall meet shortly after the conclusion of the first event. I shall find you."

I walked home, memories of my conversation with the old man both foggy and sharp simultaneously. I couldn't wait to try my first experiment and hoped this wasn't all some elaborate ruse or practical joke.

That evening, just after dinner, I told my parents I was going to study in my room. As recommended, I set pillows on the floor, wore comfortable clothes, and sat down. I was just about ready and began contemplating what to try to do.

My brain bounced from idea to idea. What was something personal that I desired that would be fun, something I probably never tell people? Be more intelligent and clever and impress women, or be so charming I attract beautiful women? Everyone laughs when I try to be funny? See any woman naked that I wanted to? Make girls find me witty and attractive, so they want to have sex or show their naked bodies to me? I could see that might be problematic if the condition were temporary—I could end up in messy situations there.

I quickly recognized a common thread—females and nudity. Well, the old man did say fun, personal, and unlikely. And I'd had so little experience with girls; the subject was intriguing. Maybe I could improve my interactions with girls, attract women, or just see women nude. Is it possible to gain x-ray vision and see girls' bodies through their clothes? Or become invisible so I could be near when they changed, or showered, or . . . see them close up, masturbating? Damn, that would be so hot.

Ok, so I was—or still am—a bit of a perv. Or, maybe just a horny 19-year-old virgin who still lived at home. I'd seen a grand total of two naked adult females in person, both not in a sexual way or in a way that counted in my mind—my mother and once my grandmother. I try to unsee the latter, but the image keeps sneaking back like an annoying song stuck in my head.

So, I decided to try seeing nude women doing natural things instead of reacting to or interacting with me. That's something I'd like, would be fun, is personal, not of significant consequence, and is ok if it's temporary.

I needed to figure out how and under what circumstances I'd accomplish my voyeurism. Not spied on from a distance; that would be sexy but not notably different from seeing porn. Instead, I would want to be close to naked women without hiding uncomfortably, but where they don't see me and don't react to a guy there. I liked the idea of either having X-ray vision, being invisible, or being a fly on the wall, so I could be right by them and see as much as want.

Next, I had to consider whom I'd be seeing. One or two girls I knew and had crushes on? Any girl at will, wherever, and whoever she is? Cheerleaders? Ballerinas? Models? Strippers backstage? So many options, and so hard to choose.

I started leaning toward actresses or dancers; they might be changing clothes or costumes, putting on make-up, and doing more things while still undressed than most. I searched online and learned that a ballet company would be getting ready that week for performances in a few days at a local theater—that would be perfect. And dancers were so fit and sexy, they'd be so hot to see naked.

I prepared for the event: peed, wore comfortable clothes, and worked out verbiage. I pondered how to describe essentially becoming invisible and being around specific women without getting caught or spoiling my ability to fully enjoy the experience. To be safe, I wrote out my "wish" to repeat it accurately, hoping that keeping my eyes shut the entire time wasn't a crucial detail. Finally, I placed the paper with the incantation-that-wasn't-a-spell, so I could read it and picked up the crystal.

I cupped the crystal in two hands and closed my eyes in concentration. Took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Then I spoke out loud. "I desire to be able to see the female ballet dancers currently at the Capitol Theatre dressed, partially nude, and fully nude, while they change, shower, or otherwise do normal activities in the theater or dressing rooms, close up but where they don't see or detect me or react to a strange man's presence, as if I'm invisible to them; I will stay human (a fly could be swatted), and retain all my senses and physical abilities, including being able to move, speak, eat, drink, touch, feel, taste, smell, hear, get aroused, have orgasms. (I wanted to cover all my bases; I never know if some jerking off might be in order). I can avoid unintentional contact or anything that might involuntarily reveal my presence. But I can make my presence known if I choose."