Beautiful Day in My Neighborhood Ch. 02

Story Info
Continuing Tuyet's observations.
3.5k words
4.15
5.9k
6

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/29/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fogustofu
fogustofu
29 Followers

I do not own "Wheels Of Confusion" by Black Sabbath.

Also, to those who have commented or favorited, thank you! I enjoy feedback! Don't sugar coat it, just be honest.

This is going to be from Tuyet's POV as she writes or records for a bit. So, that is something I don't really do. Not used to the style. I'll start narrating as the interactions become the main focus, right now she is just getting some ideas about herself and Dina, filling in some info on other townsfolk and some background as she knows it. This diary way of doing things was a good way to play with that style and get the stuff over with.

Aiming for regular narration next chapter but I have been busy this past few weeks and my brain has been on low battery when I get a chance to write.

It will also be fun moving this from Microsoft Word to Literorica. I'll play with uploading text next time.

*****

Tuyet here again.

So, I left off yesterday, which was Monday, around late. Not sure, wasn't watching clock.

Sunset was happening.

In between watching Dina move in and admiring the yard, that was all I knew.

As part of my punishment for fighting at school, I will be working the late shift. I don't mind. It is mostly cake work and Mom does need sleep. Stocking shelves is riveting!

Legally, I cannot sell alcohol but luckily Creepy Pete is twenty and one.

I have no idea where the poor guy got the nickname, he has always been appropriate when I have been around. Then again, looking like you find your dates at the cemetery and sacrifice virgins may be considered creepy.

We have interests that make conversation easy. Music, paranormal stuff, guns and knives and the like.

Luckily last night was slow, painfully so, and none of the drunks or Marines on leave came in.

We don't actually have a bar in town. Jen's stays open later. Myrtles has a small bar that is open all night, mostly for guests but she makes exceptions for our service men and women. Mostly it is up to us to supply them with beer, wine, really whatever they like along with Owen and his gas station.

Pete was unusually quiet last night. His face in his phone. Grinning slightly. I think he was blushing.

He had been gone over the weekend. Went off to a concert, some obscure metal band even I haven't heard of. I think he knows the bassist.

I now have a plain CD reading Unholy Union on the front in black Sharpie and the songs written out in red. Names around the edge, so it might be considered autographed.

The album cover is a photo of a squirrel that Pete and I had come across on a rare morning jog. I know, I know, I said I used the treadmill, but when spending time with friends is important... you make changes to your habits.

So, the squirrel was half flat, and his little acorns just within reach of his paws... hands?

I really need to figure out what a squirrels nut grabbers are called.

Anyway, someone had made quick use of Photoshop and added "Aaaw Nuts!" to the bottom of the picture and the band name on the yellow divider line in the middle.

There was no back cover and no lyrics, so if I happen to lose the case, no real loss, except I like the so called cover.

Last night was boring.

Today is five in the morning.

Back in my room.

Sitting at my desk, staring out the window admiring the shadows of all the bushes and trees against the fence. Well they are not really shadows, some light from somewhere gives them some muted detail.

I like how it is creepy!

Okay, to be fair, this may also be a reason why I am not so popular.

I saw pictures of Mom and Dad when they were kids, teens really, and they were goth, punk, somewhere in there. Mom still has the punky style, Dad never grew out of the goth-metal thing he had going on. I guess this is where I got it from.

Neither of them, from what I have learned, were model pupils at Saint Mary Josephine's Orphanage.

This is where they had met.

Dad was named Anthony, like seven other boys, at the time. As soon as he was eighteen he legally changed his name to David, after the statue that Sister Angela loathed so much, and chose Cinders as his last name.

Mom didn't change a thing.

Because of how the sisters at SMJ treated the kids, they had both lost any idea of faith.

Naturally we don't go to church.

I just heard something! Like a loud slap!

Now there is yelling! I can't quite make it out but both are female and I am pretty certain that one is Dina.

It's almost like how people in television shows argue in the closet, trying to keep it hushed, but people know they are fighting... huh?

It got quiet.

So it has been a few minutes and Dina has climbed out of her bedroom window. Figures, she has the room right across from mine.

Oh joy.

She is sitting on the roof. This is as girly as I have seen her look, her being dressed in a flannel bed gown. It is open, I can see a belly top and spandex shorts. The light from the sun is coming over the roof and is illuminating her. She looks kind of sad and she is chewing her granola bar like she is hurt.

I wonder what had happened.

She probably deserved it. Whatever it was.

Her dad just rushed out. He almost hit Joey, the paper boy, and he has the nerve to tell Joey off. I can see where she gets her attitude.

There goes her mom and little brother.

So it has been thirty minutes and Dina hasn't moved. Much. She did grab something from just inside her window. A notebook. She's been writing for some time now. She's going to be late for school if she doesn't hurry. I guess she got the same idea, she just slipped in through the window.

That gown is short! Those shorts are like a second skin...

I could never be brave enough to try and pull that look off. Too damn bony!

I need more coffee.

So school is over.

Two thirty! Whoop.

Dina won't be back for a while.

She has practice today. I know this because I like to know when I can walk home or take the bus. Though I usually take the bus, I just like my options open.

Mom has been telling me to get some air. I told her I've got the window open, so now she's saying I need sun.

If I am in the gazebo, or under one of the trees, am I still getting sun? Diary, I think I found a loophole!

An odd thought just occurred to me... I now wish I would have snuck over the fence when Dina's house was vacant to use the pool. I have several swimsuits I haven't used.

I wear this dark blue one piece when at the public pool. The material is thick and hides what I don't have, like breasts, and covers all the other stuff without outlining it.

The others are too embarrassing.

One is practically indecent! Basically dental floss with a handkerchief for a bottom and the top is dental floss with a cloth napkin cut in half.

Mom knows how to bring the embarrassment factor.

I still remember what she said when she held it up. "Now you can get a boyfriend!" With all the joy of having a good idea when she said it.

Sometimes I wish she didn't know my clothes size.

Boys. Anna had always talked about them. Marissa likes to point them out and ask my opinions. I really just want to focus on school, besides, none of the boys here have anything I like. If they do, they'll just be gone in a few years. Like Jordan... wait!

No, Jordan was a tomboy.

She was in school a total of three months my freshman year. For most of that I had thought she was a boy, she hung out with them after all, and she was dating Vivian Rodgers for at least two of those three months. I know this because I saw them making out regularly.

Vivian graduated that year.

I think I'll take my guitar outside.

Daytime, no one can complain about the noise. I mean they can, but there isn't anything they can do about it.

"Aaannnd... tape recorder! Yeah it's on. I hope. I really need to get this thing fixed. Don't I? I am talking to a machine... I am a loser. That's a good song to start with! Anna was always a fan of Beck. I don't know how many times..."

"Talking to yourself again, dear?"

"Oh, Mom! You surprised me! I thought you were at work."

"I had forgotten my lunch."

"Well, you could have called and I could have had something ready for you."

"Honestly, Tuyet, I needed a break. Norman McGonnigal stopped in today and had a list that seemed to go on forever. You know how he likes to have me handle it."

"So he can watch you bend down and... don't give me that look!"

"He's married, Dear!"

"May I remind you that married is not dead."

"Very funny... So you are taking my advice and getting some sunshine today?"

"Yes, Mother, I have given in to your subtle hints."

"Sarcasm, just like your father. Make sure the sprinklers are off. We wouldn't want you to ruin your amp and guitar."

"Thanks for the reminder, but aren't those set for the morning?"

"Of course! What am I thinking? Goodness me!"

"Mom, are you, drunk?"

"Tipsy, Dear, tipsy. Like I said, a very big order. You have fun! What's that?"

"What's what?"

"That. The book. Are you writing songs now?"

"Oh, no, I started a diary. Figured I could write in it while jamming. You know, though I guess I could."

"Well, I do enjoy your stories and poems. Some would make amazing lyrics! It would be good for you, maybe, to get into a band?"

"Yeah... I don't think I'm that good, Mom."

"You sell yourself short, Tuyet. If not for me or yourself, try for your father. You know he only wanted the best for you!"

"Yeah."

"Well, there's my watch! I have to return to the market. Ta!"

Four Thirty.

I've been sitting on the bench strumming my guitar without playing a single thing since I plopped my scrawny ass down on this seat.

I love my mother, but I really wish she wouldn't try and guilt me with Dad. I don't know. Maybe it isn't guilt, she could just be telling me that Dad would be encouraging me to try.

The last thing I remember doing with Dad was trying out a skateboard. He had been good at it and I, being Daddy's girl, wanted to do it too.

I had practiced every day until... until...

I am going to turn on my tape recorder and play now.

"Long ago I wandered thru my mind

In the land of fairy tales and stories

Lost in happiness I knew no fears

Innocence and love was all I knew

It was an illusion

Soon the days were passing into years

Happiness just didn't come so easy

Life was more than fairy tales and daydreams

Innocence was just another word

It was an illusion

Lost in the wheels of confus..."

"HEY! SABBATH!"

"Oh shit!"

"Oh, hey! Is your guitar okay? I didn't mean to startle you? Sorry?"

"It-it's fine. Not the first I've dropped her."

"Name's Dina! Just moved in. About this mornin', sorry if we disturbed you. We can uh get loud now and again. But hey! You can too, eh?"

"Uh, yes, yes I can."

"Well, I had better get dinner ready. Sorry to have bothered you. See ya 'round!"

"Uh, right. Didn't bother us at all. Uh, see you around and welcome to the neighborhood."

Well I am back inside.

Did I really welcome my bully to the neighborhood?

At least I know she likes Black Sabbath.

Oh I am so glad I didn't turn around. I saw her shadow across the yard as she looked over the fence. She must have been hanging off of it.

She didn't recognize me.

I look in the mirror and realize that my typical business woman look is not there. My hair is messy, I'm wearing a Megadeath tee, ripped jeans, and flip flops. What, it is too hot for shoes.

I guess I really don't look like myself at home.

Or do I not look like myself at school?

Well, I had better get ready for the night shift.

White button up, black slacks, red over shirt... a zip up hoodie would be okay. It isn't like we have a dress code. Think I'll go with sneakers tonight. Dress shoes are murder when standing too long.

Good night diary.

Wednesday morning.

Good morning, okay I lie.

Today I woke up to the sound of a shrill voice screaming about learning to properly make eggs. I am fairly certain that I heard Dina whimpering an apology.

Then again I once heard my mom say it was okay to eat a pint of ice cream for breakfast. Boy was I wrong then.

Morning isn't my thing and my brain don't work until after my second cup of coffee.

Still, I wake up early. Biology or habit, I don't know.

Work sucked! Got that going for me now.

Mom made a new hire, and guess who... The lead Bratz doll.

The only thing I got going for me, I'm technically her boss! Too bad I'm not petty. Luckily she kept her mouth shut and did her job.

Far away from me. Still, I'll be seeing her every Tuesday and Thursday night until she quits or gets fired. It's just stressful.

Don't even know why she would need a job anyway. Maybe her daddy is getting tired of the designer clothes bills?

Dina is back out on her roof. Same get up as last time. Tight white top, spandex shorts, flannel gown. There is a noticeable bruise today. I can see it from the light of her window. The sun isn't high enough to lighten that side of her house yet.

Oh my goodness, she's... crying!

So I had just spent the better part of an hour watching Dina weep. She looks so different from the mean, tough girl I know.

Her mother and brother left. As did her father, him heading out and cursing about being late.

She is still in the house.

I can see her in her window.

All of her. She hasn't dressed since taking her shower.

There is a bruise on her back, large and yellow, so it is old. Another I had seen on her side. They do not look like the bruises I see girls who play the rougher sports get. The one on her back looks almost like a shoe print.

I guess it is a good time to point out that my vision is better than average.

She has her school books open and seems to be doing school work. Going through three at a time, even I don't do that. I wouldn't even try.

Damn! I wish I had a body like that! Those have to be C cups, and that ass, makes my little bubble butt look like a...

... I don't know.

Looking in the mirror I have a very nice bottom.

Hey, where'd she go?

Anyway, I had promised Mom I'd help at the market today. Susan, the only other employee Mom has on day shift, is out with the flu.

See you later, diary.

Thursday, morning,

Wednesday was a double shift. Afternoon with Mom, night shift with Pete.

Pete was on the phone and I broke the law by selling some grunts some beer. I've seen Mom card these guys last month, so as long as they don't say anything, I'm good.

The small posting here is not for training. There's something going on at the base but I am not getting into the conspiracy web right now.

Got the window open. I like the cool air. Funny for someone who is always cold, right?

Actually, I have ulterior motives. I want to see if I hear another fight.

The only car to have returned last night was Dina's mom and brother.

Kid plays soccer. Well, he had a uniform but it was like is hadn't been worn at all. No stains from grass or dirt. The more I hear him talk, the more I think Entitled Brat.

Last night he rode his bike around until the street lights came on. Talking about how cool it was and how much better it was than this kid's bike or that kid's bike.

Timmy Gordon has a bike made out spare parts. Nothing matches in brand and it was painted black. So Timmy got made fun of that his family couldn't afford a new bike.

Timmy is a wild kid. BMX wild. I once saw him jump off the brick terrace at the park. He broke his arm in three places, but he did it. He talked about how if he had just gone a little faster he would have cleared the hedges and landed it. Timmy has talent!

Dina's little brother bit it on a small ramp, plywood and and few bricks, giving him a light tumble into the grass. He cried, got an ice-cream, then when the tears stopped he went back out to taunt the other kids with his ice-cream and talk about how for some reason his shoelace must have messed up his jump.

Punk ass!

Dina laughed at him. She was on the roof. I couldn't hear her, but I could see it as soon as his cries started.

Come to think of it, there is not much resemblance between Dina and her mom, and her little brother only kind of looks like Dina.

Anyway, it is quiet. Dina's curtain is open and I can see her sleeping. A lump under her blankets. One foot poking out from under the covers.

I have my binoculars again. I might have good eye sight, but even her window is a bit far.

The scar on the back of her ankle, more like her heel, matches my teeth.

Second year of junior high, we fell off

the bleachers, her heel and my mouth connected. I wore a neck brace a few days, she had stitches. She didn't know it was my teeth that cut her flesh, she just knew a bunch of kids fell off old bleachers.

This wasn't at the school. A carnival type thing that comes through. They have an acting troop along, or used to have. Someone hadn't set up the bleachers correctly, luckily no one was seriously hurt.

When I think about it hard enough, I can still picture the view up Anna's skirt, she had managed to buy a thong by herself that year.

Goldstein resting on his head.

Marry Pratt and Michael Winslow stealing kisses with an excuse to be pressed together.

I still see Dina's foot in my face and still feel the pain in my neck and taste her blood when I think really hard.

That was a day.

Dina's toes were so cute! Still are.

Where the hell did that come from?!

Diary I have to mow the patch of grass and do some house chores. Not necessarily in that order, noise ordinance laws are still enforced around here and it isn't after eight yet.

After school, still Thursday, I checked. Actually it is evening.

I cleaned the kitchen, I have no idea what was behind the fridge but the smell in there is finally gone.

Bathrooms, both full and the half, done.

I found the lacy bra and panty set Mom had bought me last month. I had stashed them behind my shelf. I do not have a vanity cabinet above the sink. The sink is mounted to the wall, so no basin with a cabinet either. She said the same thing about these as she had that bikini I had mentioned before.

On an off note, I found my mom's stash of porn. Apparently she likes black women... and white men... I need bleach to clean my eyes!!

Also, I now wonder what she gets up to when she heads out on those days she doesn't tell me about.

I put it all back and stuck to what I preferred to see. The filth that I would be cleaning up.

The downstairs bathroom is just the potty and a sink. Potty, what am I, three? It was amazingly easy to clean. I just dusted it. It rarely gets used, usually just to tinkle.

The den in vacuumed and dusted.

Trash emptied.

Halls vacuumed. Dusted.

I'm not going to mow today.

Dina is sun bathing by her pool.

Another day of hooky.

And she's topless...

"Tuyet! Your shift starts soon!"

"Coming!" 'Fuck, I'm doing it again, writing what I say and here... oh well. Thank goodness for the little things!

fogustofu
fogustofu
29 Followers