Becoming Monsters: I'm Blue 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The nurse came, took notes, gave vitamins as directed, and got them maneuvered back to where they wouldn't accidentally walk in on a Cyclops getting an eye exam. The hospital had never had the easiest layout, and retrofitting for the post-Change world only made it more confusing. At least, for the people who thankfully had little reason to visit frequently. Abbey and Justin got walking.

The evening was unseasonably chilly, but not too terrible for two people used to the area. Especially not two people who were as close as Abbey and Justin were, physically and emotionally. They meandered a bit, grabbing a couple of hot dogs from a street vendor when they happened to cross paths. "After all," said Abbey, "I'm literally on doctor's orders and I don't need to worry about my figure." Justin had no argument for that, especially since he knew this vendor made them right... but Abbey noticed how he paid. "Justin... since when do you have Silver Coins in your pocket?"

They were walking up some stairs, onto a foot bridge over the road. "Um. Short version?"

Abbey leaned against the railing and gave him a rather devastating raised eyebrow in response.

"Uh, the house developed a new door, I checked it out and it goes to the Guild Hall. Fixed a Delver's knife, he paid me a couple of Silver for it." Justin stood next to her, pointedly looking out over the street. Traffic was remarkably light, even for the after-dinner hour, though there seemed to be some commotion in the distance that could explain it.

"Uh huh. I know that tone of voice, Justin. You answered the question but there's more to it. What didn't you tell me yet?" There was a flurry of footsteps, a soft-looking and pale woman with green scales sprinkled across her body ran out to the center of the bridge, looking at something through binoculars.

"I may or may not have accidentally become apprenticed to a German Enchanter. Not quite sure yet, myself, but it's why I'm low on MP at the moment. Flip side, she gave me ideas I can use for the Form And Function project."

As a short and rail-thin Hispanic woman ran out into the road under the bridge, Abbey looked at Justin incredulously. "How is it that you cut class for one day and manage to get yourself into that much mischief? This is why I get mad when you do it!"

"Hey, it worked out well! At least, I think it did."

In the distance, the commotion began to become more clear... and concerning. Flickers of light resolved themselves into more detail. Expanding spheres and lines of flame, clouds of green and bursts of kaleidoscopic color. "Justin... what's going on out there?"

12