Becoming More than Friends (Anna)

Story Info
Anna and Liam find something deeper within their friendship.
4k words
4.71
11.3k
17

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anna stood in front of Liam, staring up into his freckled, hazel eyes, her heart pounding. Everything she knew about their friendship was about to change. It already had.

***

Anna met Liam when they were in 8th grade together. At first, they didn't get along; chasing each other, taunting each other, poking fun. That changed one day when they had detention together after school and had to walk home. Liam lived a few blocks away from Anna, so they walked most of the way together. They found themselves laughing at Mrs. Higgins, the teacher overseeing detention, who had fallen asleep with her eyes open during their punishment, snoring throughout. Ever since that day, they were inseparable, walking to and from school together, spending free time riding bikes, playing games, watching movies. Through high school and college everyone knew that where you found one of them, you would usually find the other. Despite their closeness, there was never anything romantic between them. People often assumed they were together, or would act in disbelief when they shared they had never dated or even been interested in each other in that way. This presented challenges when it came to their actual romantic relationships. Both Anna and Liam had multiple partners leave them, citing their relationship with each other as the cause.

Now, Anna and Liam are 28. He works as a project manager at a local start up, and she is a dance teacher at a prestigious private school. They managed to get apartments in the same building, and continue to spend evenings and weekends together, and if that wasn't enough, they text each other all day.

Though Liam started out as a dorky, lanky kid in 8th grade, he now stands 6 feet tall and has filled out to be quite muscular. His once blonde hair has darkened to an almost brown now, and is cut short on the sides, with longer hair on top that is just long enough to be bushed to one side or the other. His eyes are hazel, with freckles of different shades throughout, and has fair skin. Currently, Liam sports a little stubble on his face. Anna recognizes that though she doesn't have any romantic interest in him, he is traditionally very handsome.

Anna stands at 5 foot 8 inches, and has a curvy physique. Her hair, that she colors blonde, hits half way down her back, and has a naturally wavy texture to it. Her pale skin and blue eyes match her dad's, which people point out at every opportunity.

This Friday evening, Liam joined Anna for drinks at her apartment after work when he got a text from his current girlfriend, Christine. The dreaded "We need to talk." Anna now sat on her balcony, listening to the conversation taking place on the street, two stories below her.

"I told you weeks ago that I was having issues with this.... friendship you have, but nothing has changed." Christine said forcefully.

"I'm not exactly sure what you want me to change. She's my friend! She's always been my friend, and honestly, no one is going to step in and change that."

"So between me and her, you're picking her?!" She said aggressively.

"Don't make it like that! Come on! She's like my sister!" He pushed back. Anna always hated when he said that. It's not that she wanted anything different, but it felt like it minimized their relationship in some way.

"Look, I will never be okay with being your girlfriend, when your... friendship with her looks like this. It's embarrassing for me!" She said, more calmly now.

There was silence for a few seconds. Anna didn't know what was happening during that silence, but a few moments later Christine finally said "I deserve better than this. It's over. Have a nice life, I hope that she's worth it."

Anna quietly opened the door to her balcony and slid back inside. She grabbed her drink and quickly turned on the TV to make it seem as though she had been waiting here the whole time. A moment later, Liam entered the apartment and walked right to his drink. Without looking at her or saying anything he took three big gulps of his red wine. Finally he turned to her. She raised her eyebrow, questioningly, trying to elicit from him what happened. Liam walked over and slumped down on the couch next to her. "We broke up."

Anna's face contorted into a pained expression as she said, "I'm sorry Liam!" He simply nodded. After a moment Anna asked "What happened? Do you want to talk about it?" He looked at his glass for a second and said "It just wasn't going to pan out in the long run."

Anna looked at her glass of wine in her hands. "Was it me?" She asked bluntly. Liam looked over at her and stated "It was a lot of things. If anything, it's my fault. It could never be your fault." Anna just nodded slowly. "But I'm one of the reasons?" she asked, now turning to look at him, knowing that he would be able to lie when looking her in the eyes. Liam simply sighed and turned back to look at his glass.

They sat in silence for a minute until Liam asked "Do you ever think about what everyone else sees? All our failed relationships, all the people who think we are together, or should be... do you ever think we are missing something?"

Anna was caught off guard by this question. She had, of course, given this thought. Probably too much if she was being honest, but she didn't know if she wanted to open that can of worms. Things were great the way they were. Things were comfortable. She could lose him if things changed and she couldn't imagine that. Finally, she collected her thoughts and said, "I mean, sure! I think it would be odd not to have thought about that with how much it seems to come up."

Liam nodded at this answer and turned to her, only this time he turned his whole body to face her. He looked at her thoughtfully, following up with "And?"

Anna's heart started to pound harder in her chest. Something about the way he was looking at her made her feel vulnerable and fragile. She swallowed hard and said "And what?"

Liam let out a frustrated breath. "Do you think we are missing something?!"

Anna scanned his face looking for any clue of what he wanted her to say. She took another sip of her wine to buy herself more time to think. Finally she looked back at him and said, "I don't know. I really don't know. But what I do know is that we are great friends, the best of friends, and that's enough for me." Anna continued to watch his face. Liam nodded subtlety and his features seemed to soften slightly. He looked at her with a soft smile and said "Right. Good. I feel the same way."

Anna gave him a gentle smile in return. Liam turned toward the TV, grabbing the remote and asked if she was ready to finish the rest of the movie they started yesterday. "Sure!" She said, anxious to leave this conversation behind. But as the movie played, she realized the conversation was still hanging in the air between them. At least it was for her. She couldn't stop thinking about why he would ask that, when things had always been so comfortable. Anna tried to shake the conversation from her head and forced herself to take her normal position laying on the couch, with her feet on his lap. Normally contact with him like this was second nature, but now, she felt so aware of him. His every move, and her every move. Liam appeared unphased by the conversation, getting up to get snacks, refill wine, laughing at the movie and adding his own commentary.

As the movie came to an end, Liam checked his phone and said that he should probably be heading out. He stood up, bringing the wine glasses into the kitchen. Anna stood from the couch and followed him to the door. He turned to her and she saw a flash of something she had never seen before cross his face, but it was instantly gone. What was it? Pain? Concern? He turned to the door and she found herself grabbing his arm "Wait!"

Liam turned to her, confused. He glanced around the apartment, probably looking to see if he forgot anything. When he could find anything he looked back to her.

Anna stood in front of Liam, staring up into his freckled, hazel eyes, her heart pounding. Everything she knew about their friendship was about to change. It already had. She stepped closer to him, rising to her toes and putting her hand behind his head, pulling him down to where their lips met. She kissed him gently, but forcefully. His lips were soft and warm against hers. She felt his breathing pick up as she pulled away from him, looking to his eyes for any sense of what he was feeling. At first his eyes were tender, a slight smile on his face, but then, his expression turned wild. Liam's hand found its way to her lower back, his other hand on the back of her head, fingers tangling in her hair. With both hands he pulled her closer to him. Anna's hand rested on his chest. She could feel his heart beating strong and fast. A smile spread across her face and then he closed the gap, pressing his lips to hers, this time with a hunger that the first kiss didn't have. His tongue pressed into her mouth, as his hand on her waist continued to bring them together with more and more pressure, but somehow still not enough. Anna threw both her arms around his neck and Liam used this as an opportunity to pick her up, letting her wrap her legs around his waist.

He turned to press her against the wall, moving his mouth away from her lips and making his way down her neck. Anna moaned at the sensation of his lips, his tongue on her neck. Liam released a primal moan in response, pushing into her even more. She could feel him, long and hard, pressing into the sensitive spot between her legs. She felt herself becoming wet as he continued to press into her. Anna pulled his face back to hers, engaging in another wild kiss with him until she unwrapped her legs from him and lowered to the ground. The kiss softened slightly before she placed her hands on his chest and pressed him away. Liam stepped back, running a hand through his already tousled hair.

Anna's breathing was heavy, her hair was chaotic, her mind was hazy with sexual intoxication. After a few breaths Liam said pleadingly "Anna..." She closed her eyes for a second, enjoying how her name sounded different on his lips now. She opened her eyes and took a slow step towards him. He stayed still, letting her dictate what to do next. Anna placed her hands on his chest and looked up into his eyes. She could see the restraint on his face as she ran her hands down his front, feeling the muscles beneath his shirt. When she got to the bottom she pulled his shirt up enough to slide her hands along his skin. At the moment of contact Liam closed his eyes, his breath catching. She slowly worked her hands up until Liam raised his arms up, allowing her to pull his shirt off.

She pulled her eyes away from his and examined the contours of the muscles she had just felt. She had seen him shirtless many times before, so the sight of his chiseled abs and strong arms was not surprising to her, but what was surprising was this feeling of ownership that she found within her. She wanted him to be hers, she wanted no one else to get to feel him the way she was feeling him now.

Liam brought his hand to her face, tipping her chin up. He searched her face, looking for something. What he searched for, she didn't know. She gave him a shy smile, biting her lip, her face feeling warm under his stare. A smile spread across his face, he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips, bringing his hands to her hips. He slid his hands under her shirt, leaving a trail of fire where he touched until he stopped just below her breasts. She broke the kiss, and lifted her arms, allowing him to pull her top off. He slowly lifted her shirt over her head, holding her eyes the entire time. As her shirt dropped to the ground, Liam's eyes dropped to take in her topless body, her breasts still covered by her black, lacy bra. He ran the back of his hand down her neck, then slowly between her breasts and down her stomach before wrapping around her waist again. He pulled her close, bringing their shirtless bodies together, igniting a fire in Anna at the sensation of his firm, but somehow still soft, body against hers. The fire overwhelmed her and she stood on her toes to embrace him in another passionate kiss, their tongues dancing together. His hands roamed her body, grabbing her ass to pull her closer, cupping her breast, tangling his fingers in her hair.

Anna wanted more of him, wanted to give him more of herself. She broke the kiss abruptly, both of them panting and tangled together. She stepped away and Liam watched carefully as she turned her back towards him. She pulled her hair off her back and draped it over the front of her shoulder, exposing her bare back. She turned her head so she could see him standing there, watching her intently. He approached her until they were mere inches apart, his heat radiating onto her. He ran his fingers down her left arm, then took her hand in his. His right hand found its place on her hip. He leaned down tracing his nose along her neck, in the sensitive spot just beneath their ear.

"Are you sure?" He whispered against her skin.

Anna released a soft whimper. "Mmhm" was all she could muster, as language itself could not seem to express how much she wanted this.

Liam pulled both his hands away and slowly unclipped her bra. He ran his hands up her bare back and over her shoulders, removing her straps. Her bra fell to the floor next to the rest of their discarded clothes. The cool air on Anna's now exposed breasts perked up her nipples. Liam pressed up behind her, his left hand on her hip, pressing her into his bare chest. Anna brought her right arm up and over her head to grab his neck. Liam's right hand traced down the side of her right breast tenderly before sliding underneath and cupping it. His thumb traced circles around her firm nipple. Anna could hardly hear Liam's heavy breathing over her own. She arched into him, moaning. He brought his lips down to her neck again, leaving a trail of soft kisses. "Anna... You're so beautiful." he whispered between breaths.

Anna managed to finally say "Liam..."

"Mmmm, yes?" He said purring into the soft spot under her ear.

"I..." she paused, taking another breath. "I want you." As she spoke, she arched into him again, grinding her ass against his hard cock.

Liam moaned, pressing his hips into her ass, and grabbing her breast firmly. A second later, Anna was in his arms, one under her back, the other under her knees. She looked at him as he carried her across the apartment into her room. His eyes were dark, and wanting, his breathing rapid. He entered her room and set her down on her feet. Anna stood on her toes, running her hand through his hair and pulled him into a kiss. He wrapped his hands around her waist and lifted her, walking them both closer to the bed. Still holding her, and still kissing her deeply, he climbed onto the bed, lowering her down and suspending himself on top of her. Anna wrapped her legs around his thighs, encouraging him to grind into her. He obeyed and with each thrust she released a moan. She was so wet, primed for him to take her completely.

He moved down from her lips to her neck, and then trailed down to her breasts where he cupped one in his hand, rubbing circles around her nipple with his thumb. His mouth found the other breast and his tongue flicked and played with her nipple. She arched her back, her breath catching. "Please Liam!" He stopped, looking up at her with a wicked smile on his face. He kept his hand on her breast but continued his kisses down to the line of her pants. Once he reached them, he sat up and unbuttoned her jeans. She lifted her hips, helping him pull the jeans over her curvy ass. Once her jeans were removed, he got off the bed, standing in front of her.

Liam surveyed Anna, laying before him in just her panties. She could see his erection pressing against his jeans. He undid his belt and pulled them off, all while watching her. Anna's desire for him only burned deeper when she saw the outline of his erect cock beneath the tight boxer briefs. He slowly climbed back onto the bed, and Anna parted her legs inviting him to press himself into her. Liam, instead, laid down beside her, propped up on one elbow. He ran his hand along the line of her panties, then over her mound to the sensitive spot between her legs. She was sure he could feel how wet she was through her panties. Anna's breathing became more ragged as he slid his finger under the elastic between her legs and pushed her panties to one side. She could feel the cool air on her wet pussy. Liam began running his fingers along her crease. His fingers started tracing gentle circles around her clit. Anna closed her eyes as her hips thrust with each movement. Liam slid his fingers back down her crease and then paused before slowly inserting two fingers inside of her. Anna moaned and thrust again. Liam started a pattern of circling her clit and then sliding his finger in her. Anna's heart started pounding even harder. Her breathing became shallow as she could feel herself building up to her climax. Liam whispered in her ear "I want to make you cum." This tipped Anna over the edge. Her orgasm peaked, spreading heat through her. She convulsed under his hand. Her back arched as she cried out in pleasure.

When she came back down, she opened her eyes and looked at Liam, his face contorted with restraint, his breathing rapid. Anna kissed him passionately, knocking him into his back. She pushed off of him, her hands on his chest, her legs straddled over his hips. She trailed her hands down to his boxer briefs. Playing with the line of elastic. After a moment, she pulled back his briefs, finally releasing his erection. His circumcised cock stood at least 8 inches in length, and he had an impressive girth that was large, but still allowed Anna to wrap her petite hands around it.

Liam had been watching her intently, his hands on her hips. He watched as she smiled biting her lip with desire at the sight of his cock. As Anna grabbed him, his eyes closed and his head fell back against the bed. She stroked him gently and his breathing picked up. After only a few moments, Liam sat up abruptly. Wrapping his arms around her and rolling her onto her back. He laid on top of her, suspended, and looked into her eyes. "I want you, Anna. I NEED you!" he growled.

Anna looked him straight in the eye, and responded "Then take me."

Liam parted her legs, slipping her panties to the side once again. His underwear was still pulled down under his ass. He held his cock in one hand, the other still propping him above her. Liam rubbed his tip up and down along her wet slit. He stopped at her entrance removing his hand and bringing it back up to distribute his weight over her. Liam stopped there, on top of her. Anna met his gaze, their breathing slowing for a moment. Still staring into each other's eyes, Liam slowly thrust, entering her. Anna's breath caught, Liam moaned.

He filled her totally and completely, stretching her as he entered. Liam started thrusting into her rhythmically, dropping his head to her shoulder. She could feel his hot breath on her neck. Anna wrapped her legs around his ass, encouraging him to drive in deeper and deeper with each thrust. Her hands clawed down his back as she moaned in pleasure. She felt that build up again between her legs, the warmth starting to spread. "Liam! Don't stop!" she panted as she dove off that cliff. She could feel her insides spasming around his cock as her orgasm overwhelmed her. Liam must have been able to feel it too, because only a moment later, he started thrusting harder and she could feel his cock releasing inside her. He moaned at the release, his body going stiff, his breathing irregular. As his body relaxed and his breathing returned, he slowly pulled out of her and rolled over to his back.

Anna reached out and grabbed his hand as they both lay there, their breathing slowly returning to a more relaxed pace. After a minute, Liam lifted their hands to his face, kissing the back of her hand. He let go of her hand and slid his arm under her. She rolled onto her side and laid her head on his warm chest, her hand resting over his heart. He brushed back her hair and placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

12