Begin Again Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alexa smiles sipping her beer.

"And it was cool to watch how Alexa told her off but never forgot to leave her beer," Lilliy giggles.

"Dedication, kid!" Alexa relaxes a bit.

Alexa lies under the sun closing her eyes. Maggie comes and lies on her, "Hi, baby." Her family is entertaining other guests to notice them.

Kara video calls Alexa which she answers. Maggie starts to get up to give them some room but Alexa doesn't let her.

"Hi, Sis! Meet Maggie," Alexa says.

"Hi Maggie," Kara says with a warm smile. "Hi, Maggie!" her kids scream from the background. They all laugh. Jia calls Alexa. Alexa leaves them talking.

"So you know about Alexa's past?" Kara asks with concern.

"I know everything!" Maggie reassures Kara.

"Did she tell you that she tried to commit suicide once?" Kara asks.

"I'm afraid no," Maggie's face falls.

"She speaks about you all the time. Please don't break her heart. She won't be able to take it," Kara almost begs.

"Please don't worry. I love your sister more than anything. I will never hurt her," she reassures Kara.

They talk for some more time and both are very pleased to meet each other. Kara invites her to her house.

"There's a tattoo artist. Want something freaky?" Jia asks Alexa.

"I have an idea. Wait," she goes to bring Maggie.

"Baby, there's a tattoo artist and the thing we talked about," Alexa reminds something to Maggie.

"Oh yes," Maggie almost jumps.

Maggie gets the letter A tattooed on her forearm in a minimal style. Alexa also gets the letter M on her forearm in a matching manner.

"So, what happens if you break up?" Jia asks.

"I'm going to burn my arm," Alexa jokes.

"And, I will burn you," Maggie pouts and smacks Alexa on the arm.

CHAPTER 13:

"Why do you look constipated?" Alexa asks Maggie on the plane.

"Gross. I don't," Maggie says with a disgusted face.

"You totally do!" Alexa continues teasing.

"Doesn't she look constipated?" Alexa asks for Lilly's opinion.

"You look like you have not pooped for months," Lilly comments and she and Alexa start giggling like school girls.

"You both are disgusting!" Maggie dismisses them. She sees Jia sitting alone. She excuses herself to check on her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Maggie asks Jia.

"Finn and I broke up." Finn was her boyfriend for a month.

"Oh. Why?"

"I caught him stealing from me." It is clear that she is upset.

"I am sorry," Maggie says with a sympathetic voice.

"Don't worry about it. Tell me about you. I could use some good news for a change," Jia says.

"Everything is good," Maggie answers.

"Is that your jacket?" Jia asks Maggie looking at Alexa.

"Yeah," Maggie answers looking back at Alexa. Alexa gives her a flying kiss. She is playing games on her phone with Lilly.

"Looks good," Jia comments looking out of the window.

"Looks even better without a shirt," Maggie blushes as soon as she says it.

Jia's mood gets lifted. "So, how's sex life?"

"No. No sex questions!"

"Oh don't be such a prude!" Jia nags.

"It's great!" Maggie tries to suppress her laughter.

"How great?"

"What are you a sex therapist now?"

"Come on I'm your best friend!" Jia announces proudly.

"I think she is the best I've ever had!" Maggie says while blushing. Jia grins as if she has been handed the juiciest gossip of the town.

"Does she know that you are a sex addict?" Jia asks.

Maggie rolls her eyes, "I'm not a sex addict. More like a sex enthusiast."

"Anyway, does she know that?"

"We have not faced any problem so far."

"She keeps up?" Jia grins.

"That she does," Maggie says watching hungrily at Alexa who is wearing a white jacket over a navy top. Her dirty blonde hair is loose. And, she is wearing a scarlet red lipstick.

"And I asked her to marry me when I was drunk," she continues.

"Whoa. Did she say yes?"

"I asked in Mandarin," Maggie says looking again at Alexa who seems like a very serious stage of the game with Lilly.

"You must be relieved," Jia says.

"I don't know," Maggie comments.

"What do you mean?" Jia asks shockingly.

"Maggie, see Alexa cheated!" Lilly shouts from behind.

"I did not!" Alexa protests.

Maggie and Jia both get up from their seats to join them.

"So I hear that you are the best Maggie has ever had!" Jia asks Alexa with a smug face.

"10 seconds! you couldn't keep that to yourself for 10 seconds!" Maggie shouts.

Alexa blushes all red and looks out of the window; trying to suppress her smile with her fingers.

"So I'm the best you have ever had?" Alexa whispers to Maggie when everyone is taking naps on the plane. Maggie starts feeling shy and moves her stare to avoid eye contact.

"Hey," Alexa pulls Maggie's chin up so their eyes meet each other's and says, "Likewise" before kissing her. A jerk in the plane breaks it up.

"So what are you so worried about?" Alexa asks softly.

"I'm not," Maggie answers.

"I can see it in your face!" says Alexa.

"Maggie, can I borrow you for a minute?" Mr. Chan calls her. Maggie rolls her eyes and goes to talk to her father.

After 10 minutes, she returns with a grin.

"What is it?" Alexa asks cheerfully.

"Well, you are getting the award of The Scientist of Tomorrow," Maggie proudly announces.

"Oh my god!" Alexa gasps.

"And, I am getting the CEO of The Year."

"Oh my god!" Alexa squeals with joy and jumps on Maggie's arms.

"When is the ceremony?" Alexa asks.

"After we return home," Maggie answers.

Alexa is quiet on the car ride home.

"Hey what's wrong?" Maggie rubs on the back of Alexa's wrist.

"You know I have been thinking a lot about us," Alexa says and Maggie's heart skips a beat.

"And?" Maggie looks terrified.

"What we have is great. Everything is perfect," Alexa says.

"But?" At this point, Maggie is literally holding her breath.

"I think I want more," Alexa says.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Maggie sounds hurt.

"No no. Ssh," Alexa puts her finger on Maggie's lips.

"I want more from us," Alexa soothes her girl sensing her panic.

"Well, I do too. And, honestly, it has been bugging me for quite a while," Maggie says.

"Why didn't you say so?" Alexa asks

"Because you wanted to keep things private."

"For you."

"I thought you didn't want to. Who the hell cares about me?" Maggie asks in shock. Alexa rolls her eyes.

On the night of the award ceremony, Maggie is taking too long to get ready. Alexa is waiting for her on the breakfast counter. She is wearing a silver gown with diamond studs. Maggie walks into the room.

"Babe let's go," Maggie says as if it was Alexa who took time.

"You look gorgeous. Wow," Alexa says walking towards Maggie.

"And you are making me think of very bad things right now," Maggie comments as she checks out Alexa from head to toe.

"Are you sure about this? Going together?" Alexa asks nervously on the car.

"Yes. I am sure," Maggie reassures her.

"And, the award for CEO of The Year goes to Ms. Maggie Chan," the announcer announces on the stage. Alexa is sitting beside Maggie on the front row. Maggie's family are sitting on the other side.

Maggie stands up and bends towards Alexa to whisper, "You wanted more, right?"

"What?" Alexa sounds confused.

Maggie goes on the stage and takes her award. Then it is time for the speech.

"I would like to thank all of my team members for making it possible for me. Working with them is the easiest thing I have ever done. And, I would also like to thank my family for believing me. And, Lexie; the love of my life; I love you!" Maggie says proudly. Alexa gasps at the speech. Maggie's parents seem cool but they are surprised too. Every pair of eyes turns to Alexa.

"What did you do?" Alexa asks Maggie when she comes down.

"It was time. And, I don't like how those girls are staring at you. Like you are a food on a plate," Maggie comments with a gesture.

Alexa suppresses her laughter.

It is time for Alexa's award. And, Maggie is the presenter.

"It is my honor to present the Scientist of Tomorrow award to Dr. Alexa Scott," Maggie cannot hide how proud she is. Alexa goes on the stage and they hug each other. "Your turn, Scott," Maggie whispers in her ears.

Alexa takes another mic, "I would like to thank the whole team for welcoming me with their open arms. And, I would also like to thank Ms. Chan for giving me the opportunity to explore and do what I want."

"Jeez, I have just told everyone that you're the love of my life and I only get a mere thank you? Make your own breakfast from tomorrow," Maggie comments from the presenter's stand. Alexa along with everyone else in the room bursts out laughing. Alexa walks up to Maggie and gives her a hug before leaving the stage.

They are both quiet on the car ride home. Alexa notices that street lights are making Maggie's eyes sparkle. She cannot move her eyes off of her. She wonders how a perfect human-like Maggie would end up with her. At the beginning of their relationship, she tried to control her heart. She was a well-known stoic. Now it feels like Maggie is the only person who gets all her emotions.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Maggie asks coyly when she catches Alexa staring.

"You are perfect!" Alexa says.

Maggie touches Alexa's face and smiles.

"What did your father say when we were leaving?"

"Oh, nothing. Just that we have to report to the HR and attend a mandatory sexual harassment seminar," Maggie laughs.

"What!"

"I'm kidding. But we do have to report to the HR."

CHAPTER 14:

The house lights up with the arrival of Alexa and Maggie. Maggie's mind is still having different scenarios on how to ask her lover to move in with her. Even though they practically live together; she wants it to be official; she wants Alexa to be hers in the eye of the world.

Alexa puts down her award on a table and starts taking off her shoes. She can't get enough of Maggie and sometimes it makes her wonder if she is going crazy. At this moment, she is being overwhelmed with emotions; all kinds of emotions for Maggie. It meant a lot to her what Maggie did. It means that she is not just a fling to her.

She looks at Maggie with eyes full of love and desire. Maggie gets stunned seeing the look Alexa is giving her. It feels like as if no one could love another person like they do. Maggie comes closer and Alexa with all her desires kisses her. Tears come down from both of their eyes. None of them was ever overwhelmed with emotions like this. They both fall on the large couch beside the fireplace. It only takes seconds both of them to undress. Alexa gently chokes Maggie and says against her neck, "You're mine!"

Maggie also overwhelmed with desire says, "I'm yours!"

Alexa wakes up first in the morning. She sees Maggie sleeping on top of her without a worry of the world. She looks so innocent. Alexa touches Maggie's bare back with her fingers. Maggie wakes up with a smile on her face. She raises her face to Alexa.

"Good morning. When did you wake up?" she asks sheepishly.

"Good morning," Alexa plants a soft kiss on her.

Maggie wraps Alexa's neck with her arms and says, "let's go to sleep again." Alexa laughs.

"I don't think we can," Alexa hates the words coming out of her mouth.

"I have been meaning to ask you something," Maggie's face turns serious all on a sudden.

"Finally," Alexa exclaims with relief.

"Was that obvious?"

"Yes?"

"What is it that you want to ask me?" Alexa asks.

"What if we both lived together?" Maggie asks nervously.

"Well we do," Alexa doesn't understand her question clearly.

"I mean, officially."

"Are you asking to move in with me?" Alexa asks.

"I was going to ask you to move in with me. But that works too," Maggie says.

"I.. I would love to!" Alexa excitedly squeezes Maggie.

"Oh my god! I was so nervous!" Maggie says with a relief.

"Oh please. We practically live together," Alexa says.

"But you make me nervous all the time," Maggie confesses.

"Aww," Alexa cuddles her.

"I got us something," Alexa suddenly gets up and gets something from her purse.

"Please feel free to bring me a glass of water. I like the view very much," Maggie grins.

"Perv!" Alexa hops on Maggie with a box in her hand.

She opens the box and there are two similar gold bands in the box with the symbol of infinity on top.

"I thought of you when I saw them," Alexa says.

Maggie looks terrified and happy. Though the rings look smaller.

"Promise rings. I would get just one but I liked the idea of us wearing matching rings," Alexa says reading Maggie's face.

"No. I am terrified that one day you will wake up and decide that I am just a phase for you. I love you so much," Maggie confesses her deepest fear.

"Dude you high!" Alexa rolls her eyes and put the ring on Maggie's pinky.

Lin drags Alexa aside, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't I tell you what?" Alexa gets confused.

"About you and Ms. Chan," Lin clarifies.

"Uh. You know why," Alexa shrugs.

"Now everything makes sense," Lin comments.

"Meaning?"

"Her coming down here often. You two avoiding each other when you broke your hand," Lin says.

"It's no big deal. Let's work," Alexa says trying to change the topic.

"No excuses. You owe me details!" Lin demands.

Mack avoids Alexa all day. He seems too terrified to be near her. 'The effect of Ms. Chan' - Alexa thinks and laughs. The rest of the day goes very busy for her. She has not talked to Maggie since morning. A knock brings her back to the world. She sees Maggie standing in front of her. It is late and no one else is around.

"Are you planning on avoiding me all day?" Maggie asks.

"What? When did I avoid you?" Alexa defends herself even though she has not checked her phone the whole day.

"Check your phone, jerk!" Maggie says pretending to be angry but it is the laughter that wins.

"Hi, baby!" Alexa wraps her hands around Maggie's waist and kisses her.

"Please let's go home! I am drained!" Maggie says with an exhausting voice and her weight falls against Alexa so she is leaning against her. Alexa notices that Maggie can barely keep her eyes open in exhaustion.

"Sure I am driving," Alexa grins.

"I love you but not that much!"

"Told you that I am a good driver!" Alexa grins keeping her hands on the steering wheel.

"Yes. Eyes on the road, please. Don't dent my car," Maggie says sounding like a scared kitten.

"Never!" Alexa grins at Maggie with a spark in her eyes.

The next moment is a big blank for the both of them. Alexa comes to her senses first. She sees Maggie lying unconscious in the car which is upside down. She cannot remember what happened. There is no one around. She tries to wake Maggie. Her head is pounding.

CHAPTER 15:

Alexa somehow manages to get them both out of the wreckage. Some people come running towards them. "Help!' she screams.

An ambulance is taking both of them to the hospital. She refuses to be examined while the love of her life lies unconscious. She cannot stop crying and praying to God to give them more time; a lifetime.

Maggie's family comes running through the corridor. They find Alexa sitting on the visitors' bench. Her white shirt is drenched in blood.

"Oh my god! What happened? Where is Maggie?" Mrs. Chan asks.

"They took her," Alexa keeps her gaze still at the floor.

Mrs. Chan looks at Mr. Chan and he understands. He goes inside to talk to the doctors.

"Are you ok?" She asks seeing Alexa's condition.

But Alexa doesn't respond.

"Alexa, are you hurt?" Lilly lightly touches Alexa's shoulder.

"This cannot be happening!" Alexa cries.

"She will be fine!" Mrs. Chan puts on a brave face.

A nurse comes again to Alexa to get her checked out. Mrs. Chan agrees with her.

"We need more time," Alexa finally raises her face and facing Maggie's mom which scares her. There is blood on Alexa's eyes and it's bleeding from her temple and nose.

"Oh my god!" Mrs. Chan and Lilly both are terrified. Alexa loses her sense within a minute and falls on Mrs. Chan's lap. Two more nurses come running to attend to her.

Mrs. Chan insists on keeping both of them in the same room. Both of them were pretty injured. However, they will recover with proper care according to the doctors. Now the doctors have kept them sedated.

"What is happening to my children?" Mrs. Chan breaks down when no one is around.

"Come on we have to be strong now," Mr. Chan reassures her wife, softly patting her head.

"For both of them," she says.

"Yes," he agrees with his wife.

"It was intentional," he says after a pause.

"What was intentional?" she asks in shock.

"The accident. The police are investigating. They think Maggie was the target," he says with a grim face.

Alexa wakes up first. She sees Maggie beside her; still unconscious. She tries to get up but all in vain. Lilly wakes up who dozed off on the couch. She hurriedly calls the doctor. A middle-aged woman comes to check Alexa. She tells Alexa to focus on her. However, her gaze doesn't move from Maggie.

"Alexa!" Lilly calls her loudly which gets her attention.

Her heart is still beating rapidly. She tries to get up but Lilly stops her. However, she protests hard. Mrs. Chan enters the room and sees her fighting to get up.

"Now I cannot have both of you injured, you hear me!" She scolds Alexa with tears in her eyes.

"Just let me up!" Alexa snaps out.

"Lie down! Now!" She scolds again.

"Listen to her!" Lilly joins in scolding.

A nurse gives her sedative. She starts dozing off after a while.

She wakes up again. It's probably middle of the night. She whispers at Lilly who is sitting on a chair in the middle of two beds.

"Lilly!" she calls but Lilly has dozed off.

"Lilly!" she calls again and Lilly wakes up.

"Please let me up?" Alexa requests.

"But you need rest," Lilly says.

"Please!" she requests again with tears in her eyes.

"Ok. Don't tell mom!"

Lilly slowly helps her up and helps her sit on the chair beside Maggie's bed. Alexa weakly holds Maggie's hand.

"I will be on the couch. Just call me," Lilly gives them a little space.

"I..." Alexa's voice starts breaking up.

"I know you can hear me. Please come back to me. I need you," tears come rolling down her eyes.

"Why did you let her up?" Mrs. Chan shouts at Lilly.

"She wouldn't listen to me!" Lilly is in trouble with her mother.

Mrs. Chan comes to Alexa, "Alexa darling, you need to rest." But she doesn't move a bit.

"Alexa!" she calls again.

"In five minutes," Alexa requests.

Mrs. Chan gives her a weak smile. Stress has aged her 20 years. Lilly also looks older than her age.

"Oh, you're a shitty driver!" Maggie says as she comes to her senses.

"Maggie!" Alexa weakly jumps from her chair.

Mrs. Chan and Lilly both come running.

"My baby, how are you feeling?" Mrs. Chan soothingly asks her daughter. Lilly calls the doctor. The doctor declares her out of danger. A sigh of relief comes out of Mrs. Chan.

"I was so worried!" tears finally fall down from Lilly's eyes which surprises them because she acted like a tough cookie through all this. Her mother squeezes her shoulder.

"And, we didn't know what to do. Both of you were pretty dead," she further says.

"And, we were thinking about getting Alexa tied down to bed. She is so stubborn," Mr. Chan comments from behind. Everyone weakly laughs.

"Don't I know it?" Maggie says smiling at Alexa.

A nurse enters to let them know that they should let the patients rest. All of them leave after a while.

"I was so worried!" Alexa says from her bed.

"Baby I am a tough cookie! You look like shit!" Maggie comments.

"Oh really? Do you need a mirror?" Alexa laughs.

"So you need me?" Maggie's face lights up.

"You heard me?" Maggie's question surprises Alexa. Though she is still under high medicine.