Behind the Scenes Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were always teasing like this. Eventhough we haven't seen each other in at least a year, it immediately felt like it was yesterday. Friends are forever, I remembered telling Connor as Greg invited me into his home. He was so unbelievably lucky to have gotten his sister's old apartement in the middle of the city. And that lottery his parents had won 4 years ago didn't hurt either. He had been re-decorating the place, it seemed. White walls and black tiled floor in the kitchen, the rest of it was ebony hardwood with the walls coated in a warm shade of blue. It looked interesting. I'd never seen a warm shade of blue before. Very stylish with the white leather armchairs and sofa, and the flatscreen tv installed in the wall. It felt nice, high maintenance, but like home.

The real eye-catcher was in-wall aquarium though. It had to be 2 by 1 meters at least, and it made up a big part of the wall inbetween the kitchen and the livingroom. I secretly started to feel a littlr bit like a moviestar already.

Figures, that he has everything going for him. He may not have actually earned it, but heaven knows he deserved a pick-me-up.

'Do you want a drink? Bet you haven't had a Greg on the rocks in ages!' He smiled at me as he mixed his not so famous drink. None one had ever had the gut to tell him it wasn't anything special, but it got you really hammered so that was something at least.

We chatted until he was done and we sat on the comfy white sofa, watching tv. Game of Thrones came on, and we decided to watch eventhough we had seen it already.

It was the episode in which Jaime's hand got chopped off. Poor Jaime, hopefully he'll get to choke his scary sister to death with his new golden one.

Gerard and I were catching up quickly on our lives and our other friends' as well. It felt good to finally talk to him in real life again, instead of through a computer screen. I almost couldn't remember what he actually looked like. Or that he was this much taller than me. I wonder what it would feel like to see Connor in real life. Could he be even more sexy and handsome and sweet and cute and- wow.

More drinking, less thinking.

No more romCon thoughts. Back to friends-talk.

I had been a little isolated from everyone during my internship program in London. I spent two years there studying English literature and history to become a teacher. In a way, I had sort of given Connor the same recommendation about his friends that I needed to apply to my own.

The last time I saw everyone was at my graduation, which was also the first time in at least four months. But that wasn't an event that allowed much reconnecting. It was a good party, nonetheless. And obviously it left me very accomplished and satisfied. My teacher's degree was now proudly resting on my bedroom dresser in my own apartement.

This was my time to enjoy my gap year and I had intended to spent it all on my friends and family. The only selfish thing was the audition.

At one point Greg went into the kitchen to ready some snacks. His voice yelled back at me. 'So Leo, tell me about the audition thing! How come I had to find out about that at your graduation party? Julia said it had been 2 weeks since then!'

Originally, I had tried to keep the whole thing a secret. This really was a long lost dream of mine, it felt like something that was completely I had to worry about by myself. Even more so than when I figured out about being gay. So, I didn't tell anyone. Not until I was one hundred percent certain that I had gotten the part.

Leave it to our beloved Julia to find out via social media before I even had one fragment of a clue that I had been chosen.

'I'm sorry Greg. I just wanted to be sure I got it. It just felt like something I had to do alone you know? Independantly. You would have been the very first person I'd tell! If it wasn't for your sneaky girlfriend.' I said goodnaturedly. Julia was one of my best friends after all. Even if she was a big meddler.

'Yup, not a thing gets by Julie. Not even our little get together tonight.' He said with a small smile as he returned to the room and put the snacks on the coffeetable.

He was right about that. He had been pining after her for the better part of our entire highschool career. She had found out within the first few weeks of our first year. Then at the school dance of our last year, just before the summer holidays she asked him to dance with her and kissed him in the middle of the crowd. Everyone knew that nothing would have happened if she had not taken the wheel there. Greg was just too deep into it and way too nervous to make a move. They've been going strong for four years. 'No it doesn't. Has she demanded that you marry her yet?' I asked him when he sat down. 'I bet you're the bottom.'

Greg laughed so hard that his drink came out of his nose, which made him laugh even harder. And that had me laughing too.

We continued to talk back and forth for about an hour. The booze had gotten us a little giddy. A glance at the black nineteenth century standing clock told me it was almost ten.

'Time to go and get our groove on.' I told him after downing my drink.

'Haha you're still as weird as I remember L. Groove? Really?' Greg snickered. What? I like groove.

'You'll see once I hit the dancefloor buddy.' I turned off the tv, we cleaned up and just before we went out, Greg insisted on me wearing this new cologne he got. I had to give it to him, it was really good. I wasn't surprised when he told me Julia had bought it for him.

We went out, got on my bike and arrived at a pub/dancing sort of place called Fernando not ten minutes later, apparently Greg's favourite club in town. He jumped off of my bike rack as I parked it. (This guy was probably going to be completely wasted when we wanted to leave, so I made sure I could bring him back home myself instead of letting him drive his car.)

As I shoved my keys in my front pocket I saw him creepily smirking at me from the corner of my eye. 'What are you smirking about?' I asked loudly to make my voice rise above the loud music coming from the club entrance. His smirk grew even bigger as his eyes traveled slowly towards something behind me.

I turned around, only to be jumped by five figures who started to crush my bones and suffocating me immediately. Two of them were laughing heartedly, the other three giggling innocently. I knew who they were immediately and my heart skipped like a thousand beats.

'Surprise!' Greg, Billy, Esther, Danny, Carmen and Julia. yelled in unison. My breath hitched at the sight of them. I only now realised how much I missed the old gang, really. They released me and I instantly hugged each of them again individually.

'Jesus Christ, you guys! It's so good to see you! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?' I was beyond happy, it felt so good to see their faces again, I felt like everything was falling into place just then. I remembered how lucky I was to have such awesome friends, they made me forget about the whole Connor situation.

I was starting to wonder wether I really wanted to forget though.

'Dude, you know what surprise means, right?' Billy chuckled, hugging me a little bit longer than the others. He gave me a closed-mouthed smile and a wink as he released me slowly. My heart fluttered.

Uh oh.

The blonde locks, baby blue eyes, tall and filled out posture and sultry voice. Not to mention that infectious smile of his. Billy.

You see, I used to have a major crush on Billy, but we became really good friends in high school and I didn't want to ruin it. Him and Greg were sharing the best-friend position. I never told him about my feelings though. I was scared that I would lose him. And I decided that having him as a friend was better than the chance of not having him at all.

Classic story I guess.

So I drowned my feelings in chocolate and vanilla ice cream watching Netflix. Then after, I'd usually go for a run because I felt guilty, fat and lazy.

Anyway just then, that smile and the wink.

That was different, and unexpected. Something to put some thought to. I know I at least have to put Connor out of my head, so let's just focus on having a good time. Our group was yelling and hollering like a bunch of crazy teenagers as we waited in line to get into the club. Esther is the youngest of us, and she had just turned eighteen two months ago. This club was 18+.

She skipped up to the bouncers and proudly flashed her I.D. in their faces. They gave her an amused smile and made a show of gesturing her inside. It seemed like everyone was in a good mood tonight. Nice. You just have one of those nights from time to time.

Once we were all inside we hung our coats in the garderobe and made our way towards the dancefloor.

For a minute we were just awkwardly swaying in our little group, everyone else was already wasted and dancing excessively. Greg and I were the only ones that were already a little buzzed. When we were at full discomfort, Danny brought us some shots and we started to get a little bit looser.

After a while, the girls left us to mingle and put themselves on display for all the hungry predator eyes around. That left Greg, Danny, Billy and me a bit disshevelled. We decided to get ourselves another drink and hang out by the bar like a good couple of straight guys.

I caught Danny constantly glancing back at Carmen who was talkinh up a bearded guy that was at least three inchea taller than him. Danny looked like he wanted to go to them and take Carmen home himself, but I knew it wouldn't do any good to try an convince him to actually go over there. Billy, Greg and I had tried to do that countless times before. 'Let's dance.' Billy suggested, wanting to get Danny's mind off of Carmen.

We returned to the dancefloor with our beers and started dancing like fools. Ten minutes into it and some blonde girl with a really perky butt latched onto Danny. When I looked around at Greg he had, to no one's surprise, pushed his tongue down Julia's throat whilst swaying way too slowly to a very quick song. Ahh... just like old times.

Me and Billy dancing by ourselves.

We started to dance a little closer to each other, the music changing from quick and rythmic, to slow and subtle. Couples all around us were starting to dance closer and closer to each other as well. I didn't know what to do at this point. That's where I got into a real dilemma. I liked Billy and I didn't want to hold back because of an impossible crush I had. But then again, as I said Billy is my friend, and that's something I wanted to keep very safe.

He noticed what was happening around us and grabbed my hands. He put my left hand on his waist and my right on his shoulder, all the while smirking like an idiot. Then he copied me and started swaying us on the soft beat of the music. All the while laughing at my rapidly changing expressions.

He didn't make another move though. And I was glad about that. We were just having fun. And although I sort of wished it could be different, this was the Billy I knew, loved and needed right now. Just being dumb with each other and laughing at everyone who was staring at us.

He came closer and hugged me tightly to his warm, toned body, which came a little unexpected, but Billy always was the affectionate and cuddly type.

A lot like me.

He had been working out for sure. I felt his back as I returned the hug. His muscle definition was comparable to mine, not like what Connor's looked like. Slimmer.

'Wow Billy, have you been working out?' I spoke into his shoulder.

'You noticed huh? Yes I have. It feels like I'm not the only one though. Hollywood got you on a workout plan already?' He said as he traced the muscles on my back and shoulders.

'Fuck you, I have been going to the gym ever since I had to quit football.'

'Hm, I never noticed.' He teased. 'Well, at least I'm still taller than you.' He moved his arms and wrapped them around my neck. My cheek was pressed against his shoulder and I could smell his cologne, it was even better than Greg's.

'Damn, Billy. You smell really nice, did Julia pick out a cologne for you as well?' I asked him, leaning back a little to look at him. He was blushing and looking at the floor between us. He bit his lip for a second before answering.

'That's uh..it's... I'm not wearing any cologne Leo. It's just me.' He stammered.

'Oh.'

There was a small awkward silence between us for a moment. I was determined not to let it ruin the night though, so I just grabbed him again like he had done before and swayed us to the music again. Hugging him and feeling his warmth and soft breaths on my neck felt soothing. Like some sort of therapy.

Out of nowhere Billy dipped his head so and layed his head on my shoulder. 'I'm really glad you came by L. Even if you have to leave again soon. I missed you like crazy.' He whispered in my ear.

I shivered, and I really hoped he didn't notice. 'I missed you too Bill, very much.' I said as I hugged him tighter to my body, sneaking in some landscaping on his muscles.

'We should call more often when you're away. I love the rest of the gang, you know that. They're all great. But you're my best friend, you know? I can't help but feel a little lonely when I have to play videogames without you, or have no one to help me study.' He sounded a little sad.

'I know, you're my best friend too B. I promise I'll call you, okay? Everyday if you want to.' I mocked, like we were a married couple.

Greg was almost my best friend, and he definitely is a very close second. I know I said they were sharing the position, but really, Billy can't be replaced. I couldn't deny that I had missed Billy that much more, he's my main... bro?

If only that was true, it would have made everything a lot easier.

We had been through so much together. And whenever life got me down, even if I was able to handle almost everything by myself, Billy was always there, I didn't even need to call him.

It was like he always knew when something was up.

We kept dancing as my thoughts ran around in my head. People around us had stopped staring and got used to the two guys melting together in the middle of the dancefloor.

'Okay, everyday might be a little too often,' he chuckled. 'But twice a week sounds nice, maybe three times?' He looked at me with his irresistable baby-blue, puppy-dog eyes as he lifted his chin from my shoulder and faced me.

I grinned at him, the widest grin in a long, long time. 'Sure, clingy. I will.' I joked.

He laughed at that and pulled me in for another, shorter hug. 'Who are you calling clingy?' He emphasized that by wiriggling himself into my embrace again. 'You're the one squishing me to death with those new muscly arms of yours.'

'Yeah right. Damn, I really did miss you B.' I spoke softly, not fully aware of doing so.

I layed my head on his shoulder once more, letting my lips slowly trail the space between his neck and shoulder. I felt Billy's breath hitch as my lips touched him in a tiny little kiss to his neck.

I caught Greg's eye from across the dancefloor raising his drink to me and smiling like a proud father. I smiled back at him and mouthed a thank you.

I knew that he'd set this thing up.

He winked at me and swaggered back into the crowd.

Billy and I released each other after a couple of seconds, not really wanting to lose the warmth and comfort. But it was starting to get a little weird. And on top of that, little Leo was waking up.

Don't blame me, I still find the guy attractive. And who wouldn't?

'So, what are you doing tomorrow, stranger?' Billy asked, smiling at me. (Yeah, that's where I stole the stranger thing from.) 'Well, my flight isn't until Friday, so I got a couple of days to do... nothing actually?' I thought out loud. Smiling back at Billy.

'Great! I got lots of plans for us!' He quipped happily. I couldn't resist smiling wider at him. 'Bunk at mine tonight?' He asked. That sounded amazing to me.

'Defenitely! Movie night! After I bring Greg home though. I don't think he and Julia will be sober enough to have sex tonight so the girls will probably take her home as well.' I told him, taking a glance at Greg and Julia who were barely standing up straight by now.

'That's alright. I came here on my bike as well. Esther isn't drinking tonight, she drove the rest of them here. She can drop Greg and Danny at their places and take Julie home. We can leave whenever you want.' Billy said with a smile.

'What about Carmen? Someone needs to make sure she gets home alright.' I told him. He shook his head.

'Esther moved in with her when she applied for college. Carmen and her own parents arranged for a studio-apartment for the two of them as a surprise.

I grinned. 'House-warming coming up?'

'Nope, you missed that L.' He smirked. 'See? Never should have left buddy.' He added a wink.

'I'll make sure to get them a cactus or something. Or a lava-lamp.' Billy snickered.

'What do you think I got them?'

'Fuck.'

Billy laughed at me, the sound making me smile wide as ever.

God, it was good to be home.

Even if it was just for a little while.

--

Thanks for reading!

Chapter 6 is almost ready and coming up soon! As always, feel free to leave your thoughts!

12