Behind the Scenes Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I also really needed to see him digitally, one last time, before we would actually meet because I had the feeling I was going to faint if he just stood in front of me all of a sudden. We agreed to have one last skype session before that happened.

The problem was: The WiFi on my flight wasn't working. And I was panicking.

'You're just going to have to wait, sir. I'm sorry.' The lady smiled at me and walked off.

Son of a bitch.

What in the name of dicks am I going to do now?

'Girl, work or mom?' I almost jumped at the sound of a deep voice beside me. He'd been sitting there the entire flight, without stretching his legs even once. And it was a long flight. I had been flying from state to state and back and forth between cities in the US fro most of my life. But this had been something else.

He and I hadn't talked much, probably because I fell asleep on his shoulder within the first thirty minutes, which made rest of the flight awkward, to say the least.

He was handsome, his short-trimmed dark brown hair was styled swiftly, and his business-like attire looked good on him. It brought out his jawline and deep-brown eyes. Though there was no mistaking the tiredness behind his eyes and the small streaks of gray shining through his chestnut locks. I estimated him to be in his mid thirties.

He had nothing on Leo, though. Like anyone ever could.

'Well,' I answered, '...not exactly.' I contemplated on saying what I wanted to say, and made my decision.

'It's a guy, actually.' I said confidently. The man's smirk grew into a smile.

'That's relatable.' He said chuckling to himself.

That surprised me. He didn't look the type at all. 'You're gay?' I asked, the bluntness of my question only coming to my realisation when I saw him raise his eyebrows in surprise.

'I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to-'

'No no, that's alright.' He grinned happily. 'I'm not, though. I think my wife would want a divorce.' He said, holding up his left hand with his ring finger sporting a smooth silver band. 'One of my best friends is gay.'

'I've just had an important conference in LA. I'm going home to see them now, actually.' He continued.

He told me about his life together with his wife and about his friend who was also married. It made me feel reassured. Like I could just have a normal, happy life as a gay guy, if you don't take everyone's opinion too seriously. The possibility was there.

I'd need training in that, worrying about someone else's opinion less.

The guy, Samuel apparently, seemed really eager to go home to his wife Madeline. I found out they were both 32 years old. Which led him to ask me, 'What's a young man like you doing on such a long flight all by yourself anyway? This guy got you that far up in the clouds?' He chuckled.

'It's also for work.' I answered shortly, not wanting to get into detail about the whole movie thing.

Then, when the pilot called for the passengers to fasten their seatbelts as we were inbound for landing, I felt my phone vibrate in my front pocket.

I took it out hastily, almost dropping it on the floor when I saw Leo's profile picture on the display. I feel my heart pick up the pace as my eyes wandered over his perfect features. It was a good picture.

I couldn't help the wide smile that crept onto my face when I answered the call eagerly, discreetly fixing my hair out of shot.

'Finally! I've been trying to reach you for half an hour now!' I said giddily to Leo's nose as he tries to adjust the short-range on his front camera.

After a few seconds I was greeted with a mindblowing smile. 'How's it hanging, stranger? Still high?' He said. I laughed at his comment.

'Aha, I see why you're making this long trip now. He's good-looking.' Samuel remarked. I gave him a warning look, to which he laughed.

I couldn't keep my hands still when Leo stared back into my eyes. But he couldn't see me fidgeting under my small in-flight table, so. After giving me a look, he said, 'Who's your friend?'

I was reluctant to showing Leo the obviously handsome guy beside me, but I didn't want to seem weird about it so I turned my phone towards Samuel.

'Hey man, are you going to make my new friend here the happiest guy on the pla- ouch!' I elbowed him in the ribs before he could completely ruin my life.

When Samuel noticed my blushing face as I gave him another scowl, he seemed to be done with his teasing.

'Are you guys okay over there? Turbulence is a bitch right?' Leo asked.

'No, no! Nothing's going on!' I tried to play the whole thing off.

'I'm landing soon though.' I told him. 'Looks like you're in the air too?'

'Yup, high as a kite.' He said to himself. I chuckled and he seemed to have forgotten about Samuel. I immediately felt a million times better now that we were talking like we normally would. I felt all the distress seep away as Leo continued to tell me about a going-away party his friends had thrown for him.

I almost wanted to tell him about my own, but I stopped myself before I could slip and accidentally tell him about the other half of my party.

'Are you nervous at all?' He asked. This put my senses on high alert. Was I being obvious?

'W-what? Nervous? Nervous about what? S-seeing you?'

Fucking dumbass Connor.

Leo looked at me quizically as his face turned red. 'No you idiot, I meant about making such a trip!' He laughed. 'And the film. I mean, you've never been outside of America, have you?' Leo said excitedly. He's definitely the sweetest.

I hadn't thought about the trip itself to be honest. All the excitement and anxiety about seeing Leo in person had led to me not realising that I was on my first actual trip abroad.

I guess I was going on a real adventure.

'Yeah, it's the first time for me. I didn't realise until you said it.' I started to consider this whilst getting lost into Leo's eyes. It really was going to be a new experience.

Being all alone in London, sleeping in a hotel room provided by the movie production company. Living by myself for four months. It'll be a challenge for sure. Maybe my dad had a point. Maybe I wasn't ready for this after all.

'Don't worry about it man. I'll be there with you, right? I could show you around and everything, it's going to be great!' Leo assured me. It was almost like he had read my mind. His face lit up at the thought of us touring around the city.

And I was really happy that he'd proposed it. Knowing me I would've never dared to ask him to show me the city. Hell, I'm too much of a chicken to even ask him out on a da- trip... a trip.

Really it's not going to be anything more then a trip. At least not until I tell him how I feel about him. He probably has no idea. He doesn't even know I'm gay.

I need him to understand that first, and if by some miracle he doesn't hate me when I tell him about myself, if there is even the slightest possibility of him not being pissed of at me for keeping that info to myself all this time, then maybe I could ask him out.

But was getting my hopes up way too high. I had to be very careful not to get ahead of myself.

'I'm looking forward to seeing the city.' I replied. Leo flashed me with one of those alluring grins again.

'And I'm looking forward to seeing you! Can you believe that it has been longer than a month since we started having these daily skype sessions? I honestly think you're the single person I've talked to the most since then. I feel like we know each other so well already.' Leo said.

What he said made my heart beat ten times faster because I felt the same way. Like I already knew him.

I heard an alerting melody coming from the intercom of the plane, after which the captain's voice rang through the cabin. His british accent was much classier than Leo's. But I still liked Leo's better.

"Goodmorning passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will be arriving at London City Airport shortly. The current time in London is 09:23 AM and we will be landing in approximately 10 minutes at 09:33 AM. The sun is out with what I would like to call one of the last summerbreeze's of this year with a local temperature of 21 degrees Celsius. Please be sure to keep your seatbelt fastened and remain seated until the sign gives you leave to undo them."

I quickly fastened my seatbelt when the flight attendant lady came to check everyone.

'So, I guess you're almost there then.' Leo said with a smile.

'Yeah, I guess. Hey, what arrival hall are you showing up at later? I'll come and find you once I get my luggage.' I asked him, returning his eager smile.

'Wait a sec.' He said.

He held up his hand and made eye-contact with what I guessed was a flight attendant.

'Hey, Darlene. Do you know at which arrival gate we'll be uh... arriving?' Leo cooed jokingly. I heard a high-pitched giggle before a lewd female voice answered him.

'It'll be hall A3, Mr. Hagens.' She giggled again.

Leo smiled charmingly at her.

My heart sank a little, looking at him as he smiled at "Darlene". I felt a small pat on my shoulder. When I looked to the side I saw Samuel's sympathetic face.

Who in their right mind even names their daughter Darlene. It sounds like someone who's bound to answer calls at a dentist's office.

'Stop calling me that, D. Seriously it's getting old, come up with some new stuff!' Leo yelled jokingly as she apparently made her way to the front of the plane.

'Oh please Leo, how many gay guys do you know that get called "Mister" by a sexy female flight attendant?'

And that's when a very embarrassing sound escaped my lips as my heart nearly bursted out of my chest.

Oh. My. God.

Holy fuck.

An enormous grin spread across my face, and as soon as it had appeared, it had vanished with a hard smack on the back of my head from Samuel.

It was good that he did 'cause Leo turned towards me right after that.

He wore a sheepish smile and looked at me apoligetically. 'I'm... I'm sorry for that Connor... I didn't really want to drop the bomb on you like that. I'm really sorry, Con.' Leo scratched the back of his head. He looked more nervous and embarrassed than I'd ever seen him.

'I was actually planning on telling you when we'd meet today.' He let out a deep, overdue sigh. 'Look Con, I wanted to tell you in person, I'm sorry I hope you aren't angry with me.' He told me carefully. His look was disconcerting when he dared to look into my eyes again.

There was so much I wanted to say. I had immense trouble containing my excitement and all I wanted to do was wrap him in my arms.

'Don't be! Don't be sorry Leo, I'll-... I- I'll see you soon, okay?' I said, cursing myself for doing this. But I had to.

I ended the call.

The moment that I could actually look into his eyes, that moment had to be perfect. I don't think I had ever felt that happy before in my entire life. It seems that good things just keep happening ever since he's in my life.

First me meeting Leo. Then Leo helping me reach out to my friends, my friends and family accepting my sexuality and now THIS! I can't fuck this up. Now that I know, I have to tell him! I have to tell him asap.

This is turning out to be the best trip of my entire life, and I haven't even reached the first stop yet.

'You know, a lot can happen when you're on cloud nine.' Samuel grinned at me and bumped my shoulder. 'Literally.'

I felt my face light up with a grin of my own. 'I can't believe this.'

'You better believe it. Go get him.' He winked.

'Oh you bet. You bet I will.'

---

TBC

Hope you enjoyed it ;)

12