Beneath the Ice Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Alexei, please--"

"What do you need?" His voice was a harsh rasp in her ear, his breath hot on the sensitive skin there.

"I need--" She arched as he gave a hard, rushed snap of his hips. "Oh, God, I need--"

"What?" He closed his teeth on her ear lobe and tugged, sending a jolt of fire through her veins. "Tell me."

She couldn't articulate a thing. She couldn't have said her name or his at that moment. As the first tremor of her climax rippled through her body, he let out a growl she'd never heard from him before. His hand clamped around her knee and he shoved her legs wide as she came apart under the steady onslaught of his thrusts.

In a flash, he was no longer steady. His body tensed under her hands and between her thighs. She was mindless with pleasure now as he started to thrust faster, pushing hard and deep with each move of his hips. He lifted over her, his arms locking on either side of her head. She blinked up at him, her mouth hanging open as she shook through everything he did to her.

"Alexei--"

Their eyes locked and his were so dark, wild with lust. For her. He made that noise again, moving harder, his movements not steady at all. Seconds later, he threw his head back, the tendons on his neck standing out as he came, his hips snapping hard against hers. She whimpered and moaned, clutching him close as he sank onto her, all his hard, hot body shaking with the force of his climax.

They stayed that way for several long minutes, both struggling to catch their breath, their bodies cooling as they calmed down. Alexei turned his head, his lips brushing over chin until their mouths came together. Charlotte blinked back sudden tears as she kissed him, holding him tighter until she gathered herself.

He lifted his head, shifting to one elbow so he could lever some of his weight off of her. "Are you all right?"

She nodded, her breath stuttering once in her chest. She gave him a weak smile and sighed as he brushed the hair from her face before cupping her cheek in his palm. "I'm better than all right."

He kissed her then, a long, slow kiss that tilted her straight over the edge into love. She loved him. This big, grumpy, warm ball of gentle affection, she loved with all her heart. In the cooling aftermath of what he'd done to her, she let it out.

"I love you."

The words were spoken against his lips and so she knew that he smiled in response before kissing her again.

"I love you, too."

Charlotte blinked as he lifted his head, his thumb rubbing along the line of her jaw. "You do?"

"Yes. Didn't you know this already?"

"You never said."

He lowered his mouth to hers again. "Neither did you."

Charlotte shivered as the words washed over her lips. She enjoyed this speaking mouth-to-mouth thing. A lot. "I didn't know until just now."

"Just now?" He arched a brow and moved, making her realize they were still joined. "When I did this to you?"

A giggle burst out of her, one that turned to a gasp as he moved again. "It wasn't that."

Another thrust.

"Okay, not just that." She sighed and ran her hands back up to his shoulders. She loved his muscles and being able to caress his whole body whenever she wanted. She'd never get tired of copping a feel. "It was this, after." She pressed her palm to his cheek, as he'd done to her. And again, she held her lips to his when she said it again. "I love you."

With a growl, he took her mouth again in a kiss that left her in no doubt of his virility. He separated them only long enough to don a new condom and then they were together again. There was no slow, steady pace this time. They thrust and twisted and made each other come until they collapsed in a sweaty tangle of limbs, falling fast asleep.

─────

Alexei woke at some point in the night, or very early morning depending on how one viewed it, and found himself on his side, Charlotte's back to him, a shadow in the dark room. She was tipped mostly on her stomach, her hair a dark mass on her pillow, and he had one hand tangled in the ends of it. They'd fallen asleep together but he knew after so many nights together already that she was a restless sleeper, moving away or back to him more than once. He didn't mind and took a moment to watch her back lifting with each deep breath she took.

He was afraid that he'd never get enough of Charlotte now that he knew how she felt coming apart around him. That first moment when he'd slid into her body, he knew he'd never be the same again. It had taken every ounce of his self-control and discipline not to pound into her like an animal.

Flexing his fingers, he brushed her hair loose and rubbed it down on her pillow before sliding closer to her on the bed. He nuzzled his face into her neck, inhaling her warm, lush scent. She stirred as he wrapped his arms around her, settling their bodies together, his chest to her back, her bottom curved into the cradle of his thighs, his rapidly growing erection nestled between them.

He cursed his lack of forethought in not storing a box of condoms in her place before tonight. He'd only started carrying the two condoms they'd already used earlier in the week, before Thanksgiving. He hadn't assumed anything but he'd wanted to be prepared for whenever Charlotte was ready for that step.

She murmured in her sleep and stretched in his hold, her butt rubbing against his hard length, making him suck in a breath. Well, he might not have a condom, but he would make sure she was satisfied.

Pressing his mouth to her neck, tasting the lingering salt of her sweat and the base flavor of her alone, he slipped his hand between her thighs. She jolted in his arms and he pressed an open-mouthed kiss to the back of her neck. She shivered and twisted, trying to look over her shoulder.

"Alexei?" Her sweet voice, leaden and rough with sleep, had him squeezing his eyes shut to regain control.

"Shh. Let me put you back to sleep, lyubov."

Her breath hissed out of her as he slicked his fingers through her damp folds.

"Sore?"

She nodded once but parted her legs for him all the same.

"I'll be gentle."

When she offered no response other than a long, weak moan, Alexei grinned against her neck and did as he promised. He teased and played with her, relearning every groove and every spot that made her gasp. When she cried out his name, her nails scraping his wrist, he wanted nothing more than to proclaim to the world that he was the fucking man.

"Sleep, lyubov moya."

"What's that mean?"

He didn't answer her sleepy, blissed-out question. Instead, he kissed her neck, petting her long and slow for a few more seconds until she stopped shaking and drifted off in his arms again. It took him some time to calm down and join her, but he'd never been more satisfied.

─────

In the morning, Alexei woke to an empty bed. He frowned as he turned his head to find Charlotte's pillow empty. He let out a jaw-cracking yawn and shoved up from the bed, scrubbing a hand over his face and through his hair. Shuffling to the bathroom, he splashed some cold water on his face after washing up. Then he pulled on his pants from the day before --wondering where his shirt was-- and walked out to find Charlotte sitting on the couch, a half-eaten bowl of cereal on her lap. Wearing nothing but his shirt.

She looked up at him as he appeared and her cheeks turned pink, the spoon halfway to her lips.

Unable to stop the happy smile from spreading across his face, Alexei crossed to her and bent at the waist to steal a sugary kiss.

"Good morning."

"Morning." Her cheeks stayed pink but her aquamarine eyes sparkled at him. "How did you sleep?"

"Best sleep in weeks."

She grinned and nodded. "Me too."

He chuckled and kissed her again before straightening. After grabbing some cereal for himself, he joined her on the couch and asked what they were watching.

"Oh, just a nature show."

He nodded, polishing off his bowl of cereal a few minutes after she finished hers. He carried their dirty dishes to the dishwasher, put them away, and walked into the master bathroom. There, he started running water in the tub, testing the temperature before walking back out to the living room.

Charlotte gave him a curious look as he tugged her to her feet. "What are we doing?"

"You're going to have a bath."

"I am?"

"Yes." He paused in the doorway to her bathroom, cupping her cheek so he could tilt her face up to his. "You'll have a bath because I know you must be sore."

Her cheek warmed under his hand but she nodded. "A little."

He kissed her, lingering on the sweet softness of her lips. He'd never get tired of kissing her. "I'm going to go down to my place to grab a couple things, and I'll be back before you get out."

"Promise?"

"Always, lyubov moya."

Charlotte wrapped her hand around his wrist, her eyes wide. "What does that mean?"

He smiled, lowering his mouth to hers so the words touched her lips. "It means 'my love'."

She blinked a few times, her eyes shining. "So you have been telling me you love me. All this time."

"Yes."

With a sigh, she lifted onto her toes, wrapping her arms around his neck as she pressed her face against his chest. "I love you, Alexei. So much."

He squeezed her tight, holding his mouth to her hair. "As I love you."

He held her for another moment before he had to turn and shut off the running water. Then he pulled his shirt off over her head and helped her into the hot bath. She sank down with a sigh, her hair floating around her head as she gave him a sweet, happy smile.

"I'll be right back."

"Okay."

He dragged himself from the bathroom, rushing to his apartment downstairs to get a few things. He had the day off and only an early morning practice on Monday, leaving him plenty of time to spend with Charlotte and Zoe. If he grabbed everything he'd need for those two days, he wouldn't need to go back to his place for anything. All his spare time would be for his girls, just how he wanted it.

He changed into clean clothes and grabbed an extra pair of pants before ducking into his bathroom for the box of condoms there. Grinning like a fool, he hurried back to Charlotte's place and found her rising out of the bathtub, her skin flushed and warm-- and wet-- like Aphrodite from the waves.

She met his surprised look with a smile. "I'm not sore anymore."

Alexei let out a low groan, all his blood rushing south in sudden, firm agreement. He reached for her as she reached for him and he didn't even care that his clean clothes were soaked by her wet body.

She wrapped her legs around his waist, their lips coming together and their identical moans echoing in the small room.

Turning, Alexei carried her to bed and tossed her down. He ripped his shirt off over his head and yanked his pants down while she watched with hungry eyes. Then he was on her, condom in place, driving deep in a single thrust. This time, he had no finesse, no control. Seeing her like he had, wet and arms open for him, he'd lost it, just completely lost his damn mind. So now he lost himself in her, in her wet, pliant body, her whimpers and cries, and let them both lose control.

─────

Of course, Sarah knew Charlotte too well to not say anything when she dropped Zoe off shortly after lunch that day.

She took one look at her friend, and Alexei, before grinning and cocking one eyebrow. "I see you had an active night off."

"I worked last night." Alexei's tone was dry. He knew damn well what she meant but Charlotte was the only one embarrassed. After Zoe corralled him, he carried her to the couch and sat down with her on his lap, leaving Sarah and Charlotte to talk.

No, Charlotte wasn't embarrassed, not really. She couldn't be, not after what had happened between them the night before. Her whole body was alive for the first time in years and her heart thudded steady and fast for the man who had her daughter in his arms. She gave him a smile and he blew her a kiss before turning his attention to Zoe, giving her a moment with Sarah.

"Oh, honey." Sarah shook her head, her grin wider. "You look wrung out."

Charlotte burst into giddy giggles and shrugged. Wrung out, in all the best ways. "I maybe did have my mind blown."

"Maybe?" Sarah snorted out a laugh. "There's no maybe about it." She stepped forward and gave Charlotte a quick, tight hug. "I'm so happy for you, Char. He's a really great guy."

They turned and looked at where Zoe sat on Alexei's lap on the couch, recapping her night with Sarah. He nodded, his gaze entirely focused on the little girl.

"He is." Charlotte sighed and struggled to focus on Sarah. "And you? How was your night? Was she good?"

"She was a peach, as always." Sarah beamed. "My mom was so happy to see her, she kept us until Gremlin fell asleep. I didn't even have to do anything, just get her home to bed."

Charlotte grinned. "That's great. Can I make you coffee? Or do you have to run?"

Sarah looked at her phone, checking the time. "I should run. I've got a date tonight and I have some errands to run before that."

"Ooh." Charlotte clasped her hands. "I can't wait to hear about it. Call me tomorrow."

"Maybe." Sarah winked as she opened the door and stepped out into the hall. "Depends on how well it goes, might not be able to talk tomorrow."

Charlotte laughed and waved her friend off before turning to Alexei and Zoe. They were still engrossed in their conversation on the couch but she walked over and joined them, rubbing a hand over Zoe's back.

The little girl turned her chatter to her mother, repeating everything with wide eyes and hand gestures. Charlotte couldn't stop smiling as she listened and replied when needed. She met Alexei's eyes over Zoe's red head now and again, happiness that she hadn't ever known before settling in her chest.

I love you, she mouthed in silence.

Alexei's face relaxed into his rare grin and Charlotte's stomach somersaulted.

So very happy.

─────

A couple weeks later, on the day after Zoe's wild and rambunctious birthday party, Alexei surprised Charlotte with a day for just the two of them. He arranged for Joelle and Olle to watch Zoe for the afternoon, allowing him time to take Charlotte to a nice lunch and then to a dress boutique downtown.

"What are we doing here?" Charlotte clung to his arm, chewing on her bottom lip as she eyed the couture surrounding them.

Alexei smoothed a hand down her back. She'd been happy and chatty through their day so far, a relaxed smile on her face that was becoming her usual expression, as opposed to the harried and pinched look she'd usually sported when he first met her. He liked to think it was because of him, at least partly, and today was part of continuing to make her smile.

"I made arrangements for a private fitting for you."

Charlotte stopped mid-stride and stared up at him, her perfect blue eyes wide. "What do you mean?"

Reaching with one hand, he brushed her loose braid over her shoulder. "I have a team function next week and I want you there with me. It's black tie."

Her cheeks warmed under his fingers as he stroked her skin. "Oh. Well, I could have managed to find something to wear on my own. I certainly can't afford anything in here."

He smiled and cupped her jaw in his hand bending a little closer to her. "You're not paying, lyubov."

Her lips pressed together even as he saw her pupils flare. "I am most certainly not allowing you to buy a dress for me."

He'd known all along this would be her reaction to even the suggestion of him buying her a dress, which was why he'd planned it out this way.

"I want to take care of you."

Her eyes softened a moment later, and she lifted her hands to press them to his chest, both of them oblivious to the curious stares of the shop employees nearby.

"You don't have to buy me things or pay for stuff to take care of me."

"I know that. Today, though, I am buying you a dress." He pressed a quick kiss to her lips and straightened. "Pick anything."

Charlotte went back to looking apprehensive and Alexei had to stifle the urge to kiss that spot on her bottom lip that she kept nibbling.

"Hello, welcome to Modern Fashion." A tall woman with her hair in a severe bun approached, smiling widely at both Alexei and Charlotte. "You must be Charlotte."

Blushing, Charlotte nodded. "That's me."

"I'm Sherry. Now, let's get right to it. What are we looking for today?"

Charlotte let out a little laugh. "Apparently I have a black-tie function to attend next week."

Sherry's smiled widened. "Sounds fabulous. Let's start over here, shall we?"

Alexei took a step back, allowing the enthusiastic employee to take Charlotte around the store. At some point, he found himself seated on a cushy little sofa in the back dressing room area, a tiny teacup in his big hand, while he waited for Charlotte to walk out in the first dress she'd decided to try on.

"This is way too long. Promise not to laugh?"

He scoffed and held the teacup on his thigh. "Come out here, lyubov moya."

Charlotte heaved a sigh and the curtain swept back. She came out in a black dress that was indeed a foot too long for her slight frame. She bunched it up in her hands and tottered over to the three-way mirrors. Alexei eyed her shape in the dress and the expression on her face and slowly shook his head when she met his gaze in the reflection.

"You don't like it?"

He smiled. "You don't like it, so I don't."

She turned and looked at him properly. "You're really not going to give me your opinion? You'll just agree to everything I say about what I try on?"

"Yes." He tipped his head to one side when she didn't look pleased by his response. "You're the one who has to wear the dress. You'd rather I pick something for you?"

She looked down, plucking at the front of the dress. "I don't know. It's not like I have a lot of experience finding something to wear for black-tie functions."

"You find something you love wearing." Alexei shrugged. Honestly, he didn't care if she wanted to wear one of the old dresses in the corner of her closet, but he knew she'd want to match the other women they'd see at the function. She would be embarrassed otherwise and that was the last thing he wanted. He wanted the night to be fun for both of them.

She glanced up at him and then away. "Okay. I don't like this one."

"Then try another."

She nodded and hurried back to the dressing room.

Sherry stopped in a minute later, while Charlotte was still hidden from view. "How's she doing?"

Alexei opened his mouth to respond but Charlotte swept back out in a dark red dress that was all wrong for her shape and height. He tried not to frown but he could tell when she met his gaze that he failed. Her face fell as she took a few turns in front of the mirror.

"Not right." Sighing, Charlotte scurried back to the dressing room.

Alexei scratched his chin and glanced up at Sherry beside him. The woman had a pleasant smile on her face but a line bisected her brows.

"She only picked the cheapest options, didn't she?"

He pitched his voice low and Sherry hesitated before nodding once.

"May I ask a favor?"

Sherry nodded again, shifting so she faced him.

"You're very experienced at finding dresses to suit the women who come in, yes?"

"Yes, I've been here for almost ten years."

"If I were to suggest you find a selection of dresses that would be suited to her specifically, would you have some in mind?"

Sherry's smile started to widen and she nodded. "Of course."

Alexei glanced at the dressing room curtain. "Tear off the prices before you give them to her."

Sherry turned away without another word and hurried off before Charlotte came out with her next dress on. This time it was a blue dress and the color was very nice with Charlotte's complexion and hair, but the shape was all wrong.