All Comments on 'Betty's Choice'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 148 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RAAC in the making

Betty's a cunt, and Jack's a pussy for wanting anything to do with her. Her character hasn't changed. That's why the story fails. It's not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Too much

First, thanks for writing. Regards the story though, there is too much done by Betty to make this seem very realistic. First, she obviously is doing more with Tyler in college than she admits. Second, she sends a dear john letter while our protagonist is away, as she is marrying someone else (not Tyler). I find it hard to believe she has wasted any time pining away.

Linda38DLinda38Dabout 5 years ago
typical

This ia typical JPB. Same plot as his other stories more or less, in fact he uses a lot of the same names in most of his stories,I have read most of them offered on amazon.Like his plots even though they are all similar..Betty is typical of most people in their early 20's, they don't know what they want..

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
I loved this story

Yes, many JPB stories are similar, but this one had a special touch.

Unsolved broken love is a difficult subject to explain, deal with, and/or solve. I dealt with it and it has taken decades to overcome - and I'm not sure it will ever be completely solved to either of our satisfactions. We still communicate and often ask "what if?"

JPB is a die-hard romantic and I also believe he's been burned several times. Me too. So, please, keep up the tales.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Garbage

A long unecessary drawn out story.As for the happy ending that is garbage.After eight years he would be over her and she dumped him without warning so he should not have gone back to her.Also if she as been divorced for a year,why hasn't she made a move on him?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I like Happy endings

This I an anonymous comment because I’ve never been able to get the sign up and login process to work. Otherwise it would come from an old Jungle Jarhead. As far as Betty, used once or used 100 times what’s the difference if you love this women. Anyway I liked the story and it’s ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
JPB MASTERPIECE

Although all are well written, many (most?) of his stories are lacking, usually due to being unfinished.

I was surprised to read that some thought this one was unfinished. The aftermath was telegraphed clearly enough. Besides, with the title (and the description on Submissions page), I expected them to eventually get back together. For those still in doubt:

Each having gotten back with their high school sweetheart (finally!) and lifelong crush, they got married and lived happily ever after -- with the usual Literotica disclaimer that they had their ups and downs.

I put this one in the top 5%, or maybe top 1%,

of JPB stories.

It has a beginning, kinda more than one middle, and an ending that connects back to the beginning.

I like JPB high school stories, or that at least begin in high school. This one includes a JPB trait, of more than one woman drooling over him (Betty and Nancy, with others to follow) -- a male fantasy. At one point both Nancy and Betty are trying to fuck him into their lives.

JPB is the King of Variety. The notable kinky bit in this story is the two husbands desiring him to keep their wives sexually satisfied. Though by definition asking to be cuckolds, it is not the objectionable variety where the husband is getting off on it, or even being sissified and demeaned.

Lots of EROTICA here. And with JPB'S writing ability, it is LITerotica.

A true JPB masterpiece.

Paul in Oklahoma

JackallsJackallsover 4 years ago
Sometimes

There’s not much to read on literotica. And then I always fall back on one of JPB’s stories. Back to The basics. Always well written. This one too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well written but I didnt like it

Why he kept going back to her was beyond me. She marries some other dude while hes serving his country and is not remorseful for her actions. If it was her choice, her husband wouldnt be an asshole and she'd still be married to him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
3 stars.

In reality, could he ever really trust her? I don't think so.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

Certainly one of your better ones, Bob.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Wimpy pussy is letting her dad push him into a relationship with a whore who's repeatedly broke his heart. He should just start cleaning her lovers cum out of her pussy! 1 star.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
JPB must have become a member of Cuckold Lover union 68 their motto, 69 and you own me 1

this dude was an idiot and the story sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I do love a happy ending

To DLH:

Daddy did not 'push' him together with Betty. He just set things in motion. The main character was written with enough spine to put the mc into the drivers seat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Lazy Guy

An opportunist without a backbone, taking whatever was thrown his way. Surprised he had the gumption to better himself through the Army. Not a likeable character. 3*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why oh why didn't you finish at least this story???

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Betty is a slimy cheating slut, has been all her life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I see that some of the regular remedial readers showed up! Thank you Bob, as always I enjoyed the story - 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent work, Bob. The plot tension between Betty and Nancy kept my interest at a fever pitch. Much different from your standard fare. Again, well done.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Whole story is a big pile of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

she ditched him ..didnt she? especially after promisng him that there would be no emotional attachment to anyone else! ....and he is ok taking her second hand pussy back? seriously?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LOL, this bloke gets into Betty over she wont be able to be true to him over the time she/he are going to be apart, meanwhile he is fucking Nancy.

When they make the deal to not have any emotional affairs, within 12 hrs he is fucking Nancy, his regular fuck buddy

At least Betty waited a few days until she got back to college.

If you were going to go with the deal they had "what happens at college/Army stays there and we get together in 3 yrs",

There are 2 ways to go about it, pick up a casual fuck here and there (probably going to happen with Jack more with him moving around in the Army), fuck someone more than a couple of times there is a risk of becoming emotionally involved.

2) find a steady fuck buddy, (Tyler, or Nancy when Jack is home and Betty isn't) yeah there is the emotional risk, but probably slightly less risk of picking up a disease from casual pickups and I don't remember condoms being mentioned much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A round -a- bout way to get where they started ! This must be the fifth time through - thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955almost 3 years ago

Some of you guys most have some fucked up life's. Your hate for anyone that does not agree shows it. Peace, Love and Happiness

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

What a fucked up story. This is why education is important and this is why you have to study and go to college. Even in military it is much better if you are commissioned officer with a college degree.

But telling a girl ("Nancy") that she is a "second choice" is plain idiotic. Only idiot would do that. Unless you are a sheik, sultan, or a khan and have a harem?

Messing with two women at the same time and in the same place is not very good character trait.

One thing I don't understand is why the author did not bother to explain what is about this character that all the women are falling for him even though it was written in the beginning that he is not special in the "looks" department. What else? It cannot be sex either when he is getting dumped after a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where the ending to this overly long and terrible story?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Good story, but do you really think she is wife material?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Back and forth, back and forth, talk about pussy whipped. I guess that’s why you don’t get married to young. To many life experiences to encounter. Hopefully both of them got all of their wild oats sowed.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 2 years ago

It is the reality to some. I guess.

But as the way i see it people like these...they lack the Moral code.

It also signifies that there is no real value of True Love in this so called real world.

In my opinion old ways are way way much better than new ones.

Pathetic humans

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

I liked it. I think you a damn fine writer! Thanks for this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it, thought he was an ass though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There's really no true values of love as shown by the two main character. Hypocrite both main character. Deserve only 3 star 🌟🌟🌟

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

so she can wait for 4 years of collage but not for his deployment sounds he made the right choice that lady be crazy

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

eh mc too stupid to like or care about

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

That's how it ends? 3/5

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Total garbage. I'm so sorry I wasted my time on this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't question the category as much as I question why he would give Betty another chance. Just seemed like both a wrong and bad decision.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars for a 'so-so' story. There was very little in the way of heart-felt emotion between any of the characters throughout the entire story, PLUS it was about 3 pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure why so many commenters are dumping on Betty. Yeah her initial reaction was poor but he piled a huge decision on them out of the blue and sorry him going off to th4 military and being stationed a year or six months or 13 months without leave at places like Germany and Korea is NOT the same as if he stayed at home and worked. So yeah he chose to empower his future with thr military. Good for him. But his logic about spending the same time together was specious and unreasonable. As he found out his leave time never lined up anyways with her college schedule. Her compromise solution was not terrible, though personally I would not go for it in his shoes. But he went into it eyes wide open and he knew also her father would not approve of him and would try to hook her up with guys from a higher social class. And then yeah she commits the heinous treason of falling for Crompton, while the MC is away for like 13 months in Korea banging Asian pussy. So whynisnshe more vile? They were not exclusive. She ended up falling for a guy. Was it reallya betrayal? Yeah she was bothered seeing him home when she was engaged. Why wouldn't she be having second thoughts? But she had made a commitment to the Asshole and tried to see it through. After signing the prenuptial and getting married she even held on while Asshole got abusive. She did it for several years. Way longer than she should have. Meanwhile the MC is constantly having anal sex with married women with husband's who give him a free pass. Heck he bangs Gail a couple times for like 2 months and then 4 weeks on his last 6 months. And then bangs Abby off and on for 2 years, though there is no chance of an emotional relationship. Btw what does that say about his character? Maybe a lot of guys woukd be up for it with permission, by I call bullshit on that as it comes off as sleazy and precludes working on a real relationship (especially when at home town with Abby). So yeah while Betty was not the stalwart loving girlfriend, how was she any worse than the MC? She was loyal to her husband departed him being abusive and able to turn him out with nary a nickel, but stuck it out thinking she could fix it. Only when father intercedes and gets damning evidence of an affair and humiliation does she divorce, and hadn't dated since then. I ammsure she looks back at the one that got away in the MC, but hindsight is 20/20. And the MC certainly isn't a sterling representative of higher moral virtue. They were non-exclusive, the MC totally misjudged how long some of his assignments overseas would be and had been gone for over a year without seeing Betty while she was in college and non-exclusive. And she got engaged. Like six months before the MC was to come home (some timeline stuff in the plot doesn't match up bit whatever) and if anything appeared to regret as she felt strongly for the MC but realized she burned things with her Dear Jack letter and stuck out her engagement with the duplicitous asshole. Yeah she chose incorrect but it doesn't make her a bad person. She tried to save a shitty marriage and then regretted how she lost the MC. Meanwhile he has a gift for anal sex with married military wives. Sigh. Btw as an aside, isn't that trope of military wives needing relief and getting husband's serving overseas to agree with it, somewhat insulting to actual military wives. I mean shit, Gail can't wait 2 months or 4 weeks. Abby laid down the gauntlet. Why the heck can't Abby move with her husband overseas? Am I missing something? These depictions come off as insulting, don't they?

NitpicNitpic8 months ago
So

So,predictable ,I could have written it myself.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sick of the trope depicting military wives as delivering ultimatums for "relief" sex and dating while their husbands are oversees. That is stereotyping and demeaning real, honest military wives. And yet it shows up all over the place. Yeah Betty made some mistakes and in hindsight knew she let the one she really loved get away, but the MC was a jerk and a moron (no clue what he was getting into with schedules) banging (often anally) with married military wives while overseas or banging Asian women. They were non-exclusive. Ok, so why do the commenters bash Betty so much. Hypocrisy much?

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

Five-stars but Southwest does not fly overseas.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Liked it. But, it was a slog.

Tomh1966Tomh19664 months ago

Enjoyed it.

That arrangement with army wives does happen. The army guy I knew a million years ago called hit a 'designated hitter' arrangement.

1over1over4 months ago

Enjoyable story.

Well written.

Busman19639Busman196393 months ago

A very nice well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

About 3 pages too long! I love JPB’s stories, but the man cannot write erotica. His attempts are boringly repetitive.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

A good story and okay to be in this category, but WHY would he want to walk back into the lion's den? If he's desperate for a relationship there's a lot of other venues he could pursue without the inherent dangers that a relationship with Betty. The first one would be to walk out and start submitting his resume to places far, far away. New job, better pay and benefits and a new dating pool without the pitfalls of the area he's in now. That would be a good continuation story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...