All Comments on 'Beyond a Reasonable Doubt'

by PKenny5860

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I have all kinds of criticisms, especially of numerous legal statements (you don't ask to treat a witness on cross-examination as a hostile wit; that only allows the attorney to ask leading questions which the attorney already has the right to do on cross-examination, and the DA can't object on cross-exam that a questions is leading; and there are many other errors on legal issues). But somehow, overall this is a good story. I can't really tell you why. It just is.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Rewrite of the ending, instead of a BTB. He pulls her from a watery grave... realizes it's his wife... gives her CPR. 'That tells me he still cares for her.... Consulting, He goes with her... He doesn't file for divorce. why, He still loves her in spite of her actions.... Her going to the cabin shows that she does, in fact, still love him and it was a big mistake falling for a predator. Love wins out... She's learned her lesson... And the next time a guy approaches her, she shows her wedding rings and tells the guy to get lost or she'll call her husband...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To the anon from2 months ago.

Hey stupid. If you think this story had a BTB ending? Then I call into question your reading comprehension abilities.

Your "rewrite" reads like an imbecile wrote it. This stupid bitch cheats. Sends her BF into a house where she knows her husband is and he is armed with a gun handy.

Who pulls into their 2 or 3 car garage and doesn't notice first thing that there's another car/truck there?

Even the BF would have said something to the tramp with her head in his lap sucking his dick. "Uhh...are you sure your husband is out of town? That's his truck right next to us in the garage. Right?"

But back to the dummy anon. She cheats. Sends BF to his death. Then accuses her husband of murder. Even tho it's her fault. Then testifies against him trying to convict him. Refuses to talk to him.

Then expects him to forgive her? She tried to get him convicted of a life sentence for her own stupid behavior...let's him rot in jail for 18 months.

And thinks there is way back for their marriage?

And you write a happy ending? Where love conquers...

Hahahahahahahahahaha...so many morons on literotica comments pages.

demanderdemander6 months ago

The legal stuff here is very bad. For instance, you're allowed to lead the witness on cross. The entire story was strange. No way this guy would have been charged. D

jflindersjflinders6 months ago

I felt generous giving it a 2.

1. The legal stuff was all messed up. The police officer who was the first witness wouldn't have been permitted to testify as to what the wife told him as it was hearsay, nor, since there was no confession, what the accused told him, for the same reason. Declaring a witness hostile is done to permit counsel who called the witness to ask leading questions. As the prosecutor called the wife there was no issue of declaring her hostile and the defence counsel is already permitted to ask leading questions on cross-examination. The question of Iverson whether he would have filed the charges without the wife's statement is inadmissible as being irrelevant. The question to Sandy about her orchestrating the death of her lover should have been permitted.

2. Why the bleep would he pay for her counselling?

3. I don't really understand why the writer would have the wife find another guy and live happily ever after (after having her life saved by the husband and having the husband pay for her counselling, nor why the writer would leave the husband untrusting and unhappy and dating a woman that was in the same frame of mind.

Is this to show life isn't fair, or to appeal to those who love to have the guy humiliated and continuing to suffer while giving his cheating ex all the support he can provide?

Helen1899Helen18995 months ago

Forget all the legal holes in the arrest and trial, whose bothered anyway, it doesn't spoil the story. It wasn't the best, but it was far from the worst, so I gave 4*

urbanoidurbanoid4 months ago

Too bad she didn't drown, would have been cheaper for him. Well, if she at least ended up disabled after a suicide attempt she would have been forced to spend the rest of her life suffering and nothing would ever change that.

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

I cant understand why writers want their mc to forgive the evil wife. Like some stories i can understand a slip but this wife tried to get her husband inprisoned for a long stretch. You cant forgive someone so brainless and evil. You might accept that she was a big mistake in his life and therefor accept it as a bad experience and move on but she didnt deserve any consideration whatsoever.

Finally how could he be held on 18months on such flimsey evidence?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous