Bffs or More?

Story Info
She said he was just a best friend forever.
8.5k words
3.96
57.2k
58
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's been a while since I've written. But thought a story about opposite sexes becoming BFFs would be fun. However it wasn't fun for Tom and Tammy. You'll find out. Any mistakes are mine. Sorry.

*

BFFs or more?

She said it was just Plutonic

Tom had just returned from a two week-long business trip was sleeping late on a Friday morning when he heard voices downstairs. He heard his wife Tammy's figuring she was on her cellphone until he heard a man's voice as well. After hitting the bathroom, he tossed on a pair of grey sweatpants and headed down.

"Oh God that's wonderful," Tammy said. "You are really moving back to town."

Tom moved slowly around the corner and saw a tall blonde-haired man sitting across from her at the kitchen table. "Hey what's going on?"

"Tom! Remember when I told you that my best friend growing up might be moving back to town? He's here. This is Sam."

"Sam," he repeated. All these years he had thought that Sam was short for Samantha and figured Tammy's best friend was a female. "Oh wow. That's great honey." He felt some chills flying through his body. He noticed right away that the well-built man was not wearing a wedding ring.

"Tom, Tammy has been telling me so much about you. So much that I've felt I've known you for a long time." He stood and held out his hand to shake.

Tom wasn't ready for a death grip and quenched in pain as the strong fingers squeezed tighter and tighter. "Ahh."

"Oops sorry," Sam chuckled before releasing his hand.

Tom shook his hand wondering if anything was broken. "So, when are you actually moving back?"

"The moving van left my stuff yesterday so I've got a lot of unpacking to do."

"Honey I know we talked about talking the boat out today but Sam needs some help and I told him I would stop by after lunch today. You can come too if you are not busy."

"Talked? We agreed to get the boat out of dry dock and start it up to get it ready for a cruise with Gina and Greg tomorrow on the lake."

Sam interrupted, "That's ok...I have a week to get the place livable."

Tom could see his wife was upset. "Hey you know what? I need to get the motor running first and the mechanic will check out everything. Go ahead and help Sam."

She smiled and moved over to hug him. When she stood he saw that she was wearing a very thin robe and he could tell there was no bra. "Thank you honey." He was ready to kiss her lips until she turned her face and kissed his cheek.

"Oh, also Sam doesn't have any power or water so I told him he could stay in the spare bedroom until Monday or Tuesday. That's OK right?"

Tom had heard enough. "Nice meeting you Sam." He turned and walked back upstairs.

As he was standing naked to adjust the water temperature in the shower he heard the door open.

"That was rude," she proclaimed. "Just walking away like that."

He tried to hold back his anger. "Shit Tam, I told you three times about cleaning up the boat today. Plus, how long have you known Sam Boy was moving here?"

"A few weeks but I forgot to tell you and I'm as surprised as you are that he just showed up here this morning. Why are you acting this way? He's just a friend and that's all."

"Just a friend that you drop our plans today with me to help him move in. Go and help him move in. I don't give a shit. Now leave and let me shower please."

"Tom you're being unreasonable and I'm not going to talk to you when you are like this. I'll contact you later about dinner." She turned and walked out.

As she finished her breakfast she thought about her relationship with Sam.

It all started in the third grade on the school playground when another boy tripped her causing her to fall and skin her elbow. She was about to stand and swing at him when she saw him flying face forward into the swing set.

"Thanks," she said to a non-recognizable kid and stood up rubbing her elbow. "Are you new here?"

"Yes, I'm Samuel," he grinned. "Your arm is bleeding and you need to go and see the nurse. I'll go with you."

After that they did everything together. As nine-years old they loved to play video games and watch movies on the TV. Everyone teased them that they were in love but they both said they were friends only. A month later they played on the same soccer team and loved to roller skate on Saturday mornings.

Sam pretty much moved into Tammy's house since his parents worked weird shifts at the hospital. He started going on her family's vacation to the Delaware beaches with them and her parents treated him like a son.

This went on through high school but the sleepovers stopped when she went into puberty and started growing breasts. Things got awkward but they still hung out with other friends. They dated other people but their romantic relationship with each other never materialized. It was a month before the senior prom when he asked her to go.

"With you?" She chuckled. But when she saw his face she knew she had blown it. "I mean you are like my brother." Again, she saw his face sink. "What I mean is...".

"Forget I asked," he snapped back at her. He started to get up from the sofa and leave but she grabbed his arm. "Let me go."

"Stop and listen to me. I love you Sam but you are my best friend forever and I don't want to lose that."

He took a deep breath and sat back down. "I know and feel the same, but I don't have a date and it will just be fun with no romance. You are special to me and I want to remember this prom for the rest of my life."

Sam rented a tux and a limo and stood proudly in the doorway before ringing her doorbell. Tammy's Mom Betty answered and gasped. "Oh, my goodness look at you. You're not a boy anymore."

"Damn," her dad said walking up next to his wife. "Am I going to have to worry about what you do after the prom?"

Sam blushed, "no sir my intentions are honorable. You have nothing to worry about."

"Dad let him in please!" Tammy cried out. The door opened and Sam froze because her gown was beautiful and clung to every inch of her body. For the first time he noticed her cleavage.

"Wow!"

Tammy blushed. "Come in silly. It's just me."

After Betty took photos of them standing, him putting on her corsage, hugging and even a light kiss on the lips they hurried out to the limo. "I feel like Cinderella," she whispered sliding next to him and holding his strong hand. "And tonight, you are my prince."

Both of them were totally caught up in the moment as they danced close with her head close to his shoulder. For the first time she felt his excitement against her upper stomach and grinned as she moved even closer. As the lights dimmed and the music flowed she moved her face back and closed her eyes. She didn't have to wait long before their lips touched and their tongues met and played together. They didn't see the yearbook photographer snapping their photo.

"Tammy I thought that...you didn't want..." He whispered as she rubbed her soft chest against his body.

"I want tonight to be special too. Just tonight and tomorrow we go back to being best friends forever." Again, they kissed but with more passion than before. The rest of the night was hazy as they hurried out to the limo and spent the next hour or so in a motel that still had a lit vacancy sign. They hugged and kissed for a while before undressing in total darkness and hurrying under the bed covers. Their foreplay was a lot of fumbling and he made one push inside of her and felt himself about to climax. He quickly pulled out and shot his cum all over her belly.

"What happened?" She asked as he ran to the bathroom and ran back with a wet facecloth. "I..was too excited and I....I climaxed. I didn't want to get you pregnant. They hugged each other and suddenly started laughing.

"I think we are better friends than lovers," she giggled. Minutes later they shyly got dressed and he called for the limo to take them home.

"Well, that was so messed up," she joked as they lightly kissed at her doorstep. After the prom they stopped seeing each other and a few months later went away to colleges far apart. Just before he left he wrote her a letter saying he was sorry for going to the hotel with her and that he hoped she didn't hate him. She kept his letter for future memories.

On Christmas break she was surprised when he rang her parent's doorbell holding a present. "Sam....what are you doing...here?"

"Tammy I've missed my best friend so much that it's killing me. We messed up on prom night and I want to see if we can totally forget it and start anew."

Tears flowed from her brown eyes. "Oh God yes. I want my best friend back." She jumped into his arms and hugged him until her Mom came to the door.

"Who is it? Sam? Is that you? Thank God you two have made peace. Come in and join us for dinner."

The next four years they spent their breaks and summers together but never went passed being best friends only again. It was just after her graduation from college when he called and told her that he had eloped with a girl he was dating and was now married. However, they kept emailing and texting every month.

"I still cherish our friendship," Sam wrote her one day. "But my wife is extremely jealous and when I told her about you she went nuts and told me I had to break it off or else. She just never accepted that we could be so close and not have slept together."

"I understand and will be here for you if you ever need a friend again. Take care and know that you are very special to me."

That was the last she heard from him until a few months ago when he emailed her that he was moving back to town. He wrote that he was now divorced and needed to get back to his roots and hopefully they could resume their special close friendship. Thus, the emails and texts started flowing again.

(Back to the present)

Tammy dressed in jeans and a loose tee shirt and was sitting at the table when Tom walked down the stairs. She expected him to walk into the kitchen but he walked down the hall towards the garage. She hurried to meet him by the door.

"Are you just going to leave without saying anything?"

He didn't look her way. "I have nothing to say. Evidently neither do you. I do want to know if you are going on the boat tomorrow with Greg and Gina or are you going to play 'house' with your BFF."

"Fuck you Tom. You're being a big asshole about this and it pisses me off. And besides I told you that Sam..." Before she finished he closed the door.

"Well, that really sucks," Tammy sighed. She had her best friend back, but it was building a wall between her and her husband. Sam had told her that his wife was always upset when he mentioned his special friendship with her and now the same thing was happening to her life. She called Sam, told him about Tom and asked him when she could stop by.

"Tammy I think we need to cool it. It's obvious that Tom doesn't want me to stay at your house until Monday. Also, you should go to help him get the boat ready. I wouldn't have asked you to help me unpack if I knew you had plans."

"He's being an idiot and I'm coming over to help you. I have your address and will be over shortly. Bye."

"I'm being silly over nothing," Tom said to himself later that day after the mechanic checked out the boat motor. "She says they have always been just friends and she's never lied to me before. I'll buy some beer on the way home and see if I can make friends with the guy."

When he pulled into the garage he noticed her car was still missing and it was almost 6PM. He checked his phone and didn't see any messages. "First she dumps me to help him unpack and now doesn't even text me to say when she was coming home or if we are having dinner. Fuck, I have to stop talking to myself." Thirty minutes later he was walking out of the shower when he heard them laughing on the first floor.

Again, he tip-toed down and listened.

"You look so serious in your senior picture," Sam laughed as they looked at her old high school yearbook.

"Hey, you looked like a nerd," she cried out before leaning over and punching his strong arm." He kept laughing and suddenly she jumped onto his back and caused him to fall sideways on the sofa next to her.

When Tom walked in her upper half was lying on his body and she was lightly punching him. "So, what's so funny?"

Sam quickly lifted her up and off him. "We uh...uh we just looking at old high school pictures." He hoped that Tom wouldn't be pissed with their bodies together like they were. When Tom laughed he relaxed somewhat.

"Ha-ha, I don't remember seeing those photos. Show them to me."

Tammy was still pissed and was not ready when her husband moved to the sofa and squeezed in between her and Sam. "Is that really you Tam?"

She loosened up hoping her husband was not being an ass like he was before. She hugged around his shoulder and rubbed her soft 34C breasts against his side. "Yes it's me. Aren't I beautiful?" She joked.

For the next half-hour Sam and Tammy showed him the other kids in their class and things got relaxed and calm. "Let's order pizza," Tom suggested. "Unless you two already ate."

"Sorry babe we didn't have lunch and were starving. We figured you ate something at the lake so we stopped at Maggie's and got a burger."

"Umm, you could have called or text me," he said trying not to show his hurt about being left out. "I guess I'll call and get a small pizza for myself."

"OK, uh I'll show Sam the spare bedroom and get him some towels to take a shower. I'll take one too and then we can all talk so you guys can get to know each other." She leaned over to kiss him and again only on his cheek.

After Tom order his pizza to be delivered he heard both showers on upstairs and sat down with a beer and looked again at the yearbook. He saw her photo and a written comment from Sam about them being best friends forever. After flipping to more photos, he saw pictures of the prom and wondered who Tammy's date was. He froze when he saw the photo of her sitting at a table next to Sam.

"Just friends huh?" After turning the page, he almost dropped the book. She was locked in Sam's arms dancing close, their eyes were closed, and their opened lips were kissing.

"Fuck this," he gasped as he tossed the book across the room. When it landed and opened up a small envelope fell out. He walked over and saw it was addressed to Tammy. After opening it he quickly read it and dropped the letter on top of the yearbook. Seconds later he grabbed his car keys and left the house.

Tammy was feeling good now and smiling as she put on her cotton pajamas, robe and slippers. She knew Tom would be happy that she was going on the boat with their friends tomorrow. She heard the doorbell figuring the pizza had arrived and heard it again and again. "He must be in the bathroom downstairs," she thought and hurried down to open the door. "It's paid for Ma'am," a young guy said handing her the flat box.

She brought it into the kitchen and yelled, "YOUR PIZZA IS HERE TOM!" She didn't hear anything and looked for him. He was not in the bathroom and when she looked in the den, she saw the opened yearbook on the floor and the opened letter that Sam had written her years ago. "NO! NO! PLEASE NO!" It was the letter where Sam mentioned going with her to the motel after the prom. She collapsed onto the floor and saw Sam's bare feet next to her.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked as he moved down on his knees next to her.

"Tom found and read the letter you sent me. He knows we had sex in the motel after the prom."

"Shit Tam...I thought you tore up that letter. How are we going to fix this?"

Tammy grabbed her phone from her purse on a table in the front hallway and called Tom. It rang and rang until it stopped. "Hi this is Tom leave a message." Beep

"Tom please come back and let me explain. The prom and motel were a big mistake and were horrible for both of us. Believe me when I tell you that we are just good friends. Honey I love only you and only want you in my bed. Please come home."

She waited for over an hour and called again. Meanwhile Sam was watching TV listening to hear if Tom called her back. It was 11AM when he went upstairs and packed his bag. Tammy was sitting at the kitchen table just looking at the phone. She looked up and saw him dressed and holding his small bag. "Where do you think you are going?"

"I've caused enough problems. I remember what it did to my wife when she found out about you and our special friendship. I won't be the reason that you get divorced like I did. Call me when you are by yourself."

She wanted to argue for him to stay but knew it would be better if he left for now. Meanwhile she needed to undue the damage. "Ok, I'm so sorry that this happened." She moved to him for a hug and didn't want to let him go. She moved her head back and looked into his eyes. They suddenly realized that this closeness was the reason why Tom was so angry. "Goodnight." He said the same back to her and walked out.

She sent Tom a text, "Sam left so please come home and let's talk. Please I love you honey." She sat on the sofa until around 1AM when she felt asleep. The next thing she knew it was light outside. After stopping at the hall bathroom, she looked into the garage and saw Tom's car. "He's home," she whispered to herself.

*

Tom walked into the house after 2AM and saw his wife asleep on the sofa. He thought about waking her up but was still upset how she had lied about Sam and her only been friends. No matter what their relationship is now there is no way he could trust them together. He really had only one choice now. He too was awoken by the bright light from the morning sun. When he moved to turn over, he felt her soft bare breasts push into his bare back.

"Good morning," Tammy whispered while nibbling on his ear. "I'm so happy you came home." Her hand moved over his hip and slid under his pajama bottoms. A few seconds later his limp shaft was rock hard. He thought she would mount him cowgirl style, which was her favorite position, but instead she lifted the sheet and moved her lips down his chest and abs. She couldn't remember when she gave him the last blowjob and was ready to take his crown in her lips when he pulled her back. "Tom....what's wrong?"

"Sorry but I'm not taking guilt sex from you right now? What did you two do after I left last night?"

"How can you accuse me of that? I've never cheated on you and I never will. I didn't tell you about the night of the prom with Sam because it didn't mean anything and besides it was long before I met you. We are just friends and once you get to know him you will understand that."

"It's decision time for you Tammy. You get to pick him or me."

"Oh my God you're serious aren't you? And what if I don't choose?"

"Not making a choice is the same as choosing him. I'm going out on the boat today with Greg and Gina and should be back around 8PM. So, you have that much time to decide."

"Tom you're being an idiot with this. I know that you are good friends with Maryann at work. What if I said you had to decide between her or me?"

"It's not the same. I've never stuck my tongue down her throat or fucked her before and don't wrestle with her on the sofa. You have until I get back."

"Tom wait!" But he was gone and she collapsed down on the bed crying.

*

"So where is Tammy?" Gina asked as she held on Tom's hand while getting on the boat.

"She had a friend stop into town unannounced and stayed at home. So, it's just the three of us."

"Actually, Greg and I are having some issues right now, so I decided to join Tammy and you."

"Hell, I'm going and really need some company right now. I promise to be a gentleman," he grinned at the cute short brown-haired woman who was his college friend he had introduced Greg two years ago. "Actually, I probably need your advice about something."