Big Change Ends Grieving

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hec nodded and they broke straight into 'Hey Jude.'

Rodin had a quality voice and the crowed just loved it and called for an encore.

"Okay just one more because I have no wish to spoil your evening listening to me," Rodin smiled.

She conferred with Hec and he nodded

"My late fiancé and I played this song often and I used to sing it for Sebastian."

Hec led Rodin into 'I Will Always Love You' and most of the gathering listened spellbound to the end. As they clapped and cheered Hine ran on to the stage and hugged Rodin. Then she turned to Heck and said, "Once more buddy for a duet."

Hine's voice added greater depth to one of the best country songs ever and the crowd went wild as the performance ended and Hine held her new friend who was weeping and yet smiling.

Rodin took to the microphone again and said, "Thank you everyone for being so warm and appreciative. Please don't take me for a loser because I realize that life must go on and that's for me.

At the end of the evening that had turned into near bedlam, with several groups singing different songs between dances, the MC called, "Alas it's well past midnight. Please take your partners for the last dance, and it's a Gold Standard. The improvised band began playing "The Tennessee Waltz'.

Rodin, who looked exhausted, turned to Jessie seated beside her and said, "Thanks, the Mayor's request was granted. Do you think he'll..."

Jessie looked beyond Rodin and said, "He's arriving now."

Rodin stood and took Kade's hand after he greeted her and he led her to the dance floor which was wherever they could find a gap.

They began dancing and he said, "You're great; is there anything you can't do?"

She smiled and said he was so kind.

"I must thank you for your part in saving the foal, Kade. I truly think if it had perished after the death of her beautiful mother something would have died within Jessie. I'll never forget the look in Jessie's eyes when she told Mr McCluskey she couldn't save his beautiful mare."

To Rodin's surprise Kade turned his head away and she heard a sniff and thought, Omigod, the guy does have a heart.

"I'm known around here as a heartless bugger," he said, looking at Rodin again. "My late father used to beat me regularly and mum too. I guess that suggests an explanation."

"Indeed, it does," she smiled.

"You may as well know I love Jessie, but not in the way you might think."

"As a sister?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "That's how it is; I had no brothers or sisters."

"And I would think you love horses."

"That's true. On that note Rodin, Ted McCluskey invited me to name the foal and I said after some deliberation that I'd have to consult you."

She guessed what was coming but asked, "But why me?"

"I'd like to name her Rodin after your plucky performance at the scene of her birth. I already know that foal is a fighter with real spirit and Ted has agreed with that proposal."

"I'd be honoured. Kiss me."

He kissed her briefly on the lips.

"Is that all."

"For the moment," he smiled. "I have no wish to be attacked by your crowd of adoring fans."

"Fans?"

"They want a figurehead and for tonight the crown has passed from Jessie to you."

"Oh no, I can't take that from Jessie."

"Why not; she'd probably be much relieved. If you don't want to be the figurehead, I suggest you keep your head down."

Rodin said she welcomed that advice. Do you wish to date me?"

"Ah, you see that as the answer by having some of my notoriety rub off on to you?"

She laughed and said well she needed to be dated and it just may as well be him.

"I'll think about it; let's wait for the adoration to die."

"Adoration; aren't you misusing the word?"

Kade laughed and said she had a fine singing voice and happened to select just the right choice of song.

"Dolly Parton's music is in every home around here and whenever we have a function where music plays the number one request is probably 'I Will Always Love You'.

"Oh great," Rodin sighed. "And here I am wishing to remain out of the limelight."

"I'm surprised Kade didn't take you home for the night?" Tony said, when they were leaving the function for home. "You proved yourself the star of the show tonight."

"Indeed, and silly me," Rodin yawned. "When we were dancing, I said I was stupid to have accepted the offer to sing when I wished to keep my head down and he said not only that but I made a wrong choice by singing a Dolly Parton song and then singing it so beautifully."

"He made the stupid suggestion I should keep away from him if I wished to keep my head down and then claimed that Dolly remains the number one female signer around here."

"A claim or an assertion?" Jessie asked quietly.

"Does it matter? I mean you guys have mostly classical music from what I've seen and Dolly doesn't appear to be represented among your collection of popular music."

Frank cried, "That's because I've transcribed to MP3 well over 100 tracks from her recordings we have here and the originals are now in storage. Turn on stereo/MP3 player Jessie and let's see what comes up."

'9 to 5' began playing.

"Oh god, I'm wrong again," Rodin sighed.

Three evenings after 'A bit of a do', meaning a welcoming function in back-country New Zealand so that the scattered local population could come together to get an eyeful of the great-looking American blonde, Rodin and her aunt and uncle were invited to dinner with Gloria Prescott at her 28,000-acre cattle farm (ranch).

They parked amid patches of snow and were greeted at the door by Gloria and a guy whom she introduced as Charles Royer, a Frenchman, who was her cook and housekeeper and 'bedtime companion'.

Gloria hugged both women and Charles kissed Jessie French-style, whom he'd met before, and bowed to Rodin.

When Charles had taken Jessie and Tony to the bar and asked to name their drink, Gloria pulled Rodin aside.

"You are so amazing the other night, a real crowd-pleaser. Can you tell me why you've accepted my invitation and yet I understand you have declined scores?"

"Because you are an intriguing woman."

Gloria gasped and laughed and said she welcomed Rodin being upfront.

"I suppose you've heard the rumour that I made a fortune as a prostitute in Auckland, and that has allowed me to buy this big ranch as you call them in America, the tavern and the general store and three other business premises?"

"Yes."

"Well, a girl makes good money working on her back but nothing like the money that was required to acquire that number of properties. I had an uncle who was one of my regular clients who died and left me a small fortune and two other male widowers without family also left me considerable assets that, when liquidated. allowed me to retreat here and invest heavily into local property and I was the only buyer in sight."

"Thanks for being so upfront," Rodin giggled. "I love your story."

"I had the impression you'd accept me," Gloria said and hugged her guest. "If anyone lands Kade McInnes it probably will be you. You are such a lovely and warm person."

"Are you happy with Charles?"

"Omigod, there you go being upfront again. The answer is yes but he's married. Please suggest what I should do."

"I have no idea really, but in your shoes, with few indeed if any eligible males adrift in this community and if I though Charles liked me sufficiently and appeared set on staying, I'd accept him into my heart and suggest he get me pregnant."

"Omigod how did you know I've been chewing over that same course of action."

"Well, we both know you don't have a lot of alternatives."

"You are quite right, not when I don't wish to sell up and leave here. Tony used to supply me sex until Charles appeared into my life. I sat next to Charles in a café in Taupo and he said he wished he could settle in the region."

"Do you think Jessie knew what you and Tony were doing?"

"I don't think so but what do you think?"

"She'd know being Jessie but knowing your situation I believe she would have forgiven you both."

Gloria said deep down she'd thought Jessie would have known.

"But why does she continue to act friendly with me; I mean why is she here tonight?"

Rodin said well Gloria and Jessie were neighbours, Jessie was the forgiving kind but perhaps a really big reason why that Gloria was the type of person worth knowing.

"I came here with little self-esteem."

"But that's changed over time, I suggest."

"Ah, and I can agree with that. Really, it's not something you notice as it unfolds slowly. Yes, I believe you are right Rodin. Now you are a person worth knowing. Hine regards you as a real knock-out. Um, don't think any less of here with me telling you this to avoid you putting your foot in it. Hine is Frederick's mistress, he who is old enough to be her father."

Rodin smiled and said she'd heard that being mentioned and that he also slept with his wife and her sister.

"Yeah, well Rodin, rumour-mongering never sleeps. You may understand the situation better when I tell you confidently that the wife and her sister are rather cold emotionally and the majority of their sexual activity is confined to sister-on-sister."

"Frederick confided that his sister-in-law had never married and he usually sleeps through the almost nightly session when those two mess around with each other. And they indulge in a threesome about once a fortnight."

"Christ, why aren't I vomiting," Rodin laughed, sending Gloria into near hysterics.

Two days later, Kade called when Rodin was grooming Kaimanawa Sal.

"Hi, are you still looking beautiful with lust in your eyes."

She giggled and he waited until realizing no reply would be forthcoming.

"But you appreciated that comment."

"Yes Kade, despite it being total crap."

He laughed and said she should not be too sure about that rejection.

"What do you want beside sex?"

"Wow," he said. "Can there be anything else?"

With no reply forthcoming, he sighed and said, "I'm flying to Napier City in the morning. Please accompany me."

"Yes, and that's a lovely invitation."

"We can land when crossing a remote area and have sex if you wish."

"I'd prefer staying overnight in a good hotel."

"What for sex?"

"Yes, there can't be any other reason."

"Christ."

"Wade, do you believe it's only males who like having sex occasionally?"

"Oh Rodin, how could I be so insensitive.? Although you are still mourning the loss of your fiancé, life goes on and you currently feel the need for sex. I apologize for only thinking of myself."

"Apology accepted and, eventually, you read the situation well."

"Splendid. I'll land at your place momentarily to pick you up at 6.00."

"I'll be waiting. The still conditions post-dawn will provide ideal flying conditions and the soft early morning sunlight will glorify already beautify scenery, I take it?"

He said bye, and cut the call.

Back at the house, at the dinner table, Rodin told Jessie and Tony about Kade's invitation that meant a 6 am noisy landing outside their bedroom in the morning.

"Wow, to my knowledge he's never taken anyone around here on social flights," Jessie said, sounding impressed.

"I bet this is a softening up before he puts the hard word on you for sex," Tony said.

"Well, here's two things that may surprise you," Rodin said.

"The first is. when we were talking at my welcome the other night about the death of that beautiful mare, he said he knew he had to try to save the foal as he couldn't bear to see you hit by another loss, Jessie. He added he loved you, but before I could react, he said like the sister he never had."

"He mentioned that to us a long time ago," Tony said. "I was relieved to hear it because I had noticed he treated Jessie with more attention and respect that any other female around here. What's the second thing that I suspect we will already know."

"I suggested to Kade that we stay overnight in Napier at a good hotel, and he agreed. I suspect he was thinking that we might get to know one another more intimately by indulging in such a stayover."

"Christ," Tony said, mouth hanging open.

"Good for you, Rodin," Jessie said, reaching for her hand. "You've got courage and I bet Wade has left wondering why he hadn't come up with that idea. But be aware, he's known to only have short-lived liaisons, using women not unlike a predator."

"I hear you Jessie and won't fall for him. All I want is sex and he'll have to demonstrate that he's on my wave-length before he'll be permitted to touch me carnally."

Jessie squeezed Rodin's hand and repeated, "Just be careful darling and don't tease or frustrate him. We don't want it ending with you being taken by force."

Rodin smiled at her confidently, believing nothing would be gained by saying anything more.

* * *

The noisy helicopter landed at 5.58 and coming from the house. Rodin, with overnight items in a backpack and holding her hands over her ears, climbed aboard and exchanged thumbs-up greetings with Kade, who motioned to her to put on the hard helmet with its attached ear phones.

Ten minutes into the flight, when they were over a vast tract of forest, Kade suddenly became busy and appeared to be speaking into his microphone and then made a significant change of direction.

He motioned to Rodin to turn on her headset, pointing to the position of the switch.

"Regret change of plans. Motor has begun to run rough and we're heading to Matamata where one of the best helicopter servicing engineers in the country is located. I tossed up taking you back first but decided taking off would put an unnecessary loading on the motor."

"Okay?"

She smiled and gave him the thumbs up.

"Sorry about cancelling our night in Napier. Perhaps that was meant to be."

Rodin looked at him horrified but couldn't read his expression behind very dark tinted glasses and saw him shrug.

The engineer and an assistant at the grass runway airport was waiting for them and drove up to them when they landed. Kade kept the engine running and he and Rodin got out.

The assistant drove Rodin to a parked vehicle, some 200 hundred yards away.

"Hi, I'm Paul and understand you are Rodin, an American."

"Yes, and hi Paul."

When they stopped, Paul said, "Rodin has our loan vehicle at least overnight until we work out what the problem is and fix it."

"But that could take days and in a small country town like this you won't have all the parts that could be required."

Paul grinned and said, "We are one of the busiest 'copter specialists in the country for smaller helicopters that are engaged in forestry work, farm work especially spraying and many farmers in this region privately fly two of the most popular makes, Robinson and Airbus. This machine of Kade's is a European EC120 which is popular around here. We simply have to carry a huge stock of parts."

"The boss has climbed aboard to fly the EC120 over to our workshop. I'll take you there and then you guys can be on your way."

Kade invited Rodin to drive, saying he preferred only being at the wheel of performance vehicles.

"This must be upsetting for you," she said.

"It's okay, as it happens occasionally. But you'll be more disappointed as you were expecting to have sex."

"Yeah, well you flying safely is more important. I'll survive."

Kade said carefully, "To tell you the truth Rodin, I was a bit uncomfortable about your request. Sure, I'd love to cuddle you in bed but you are top-shelf as a woman, rather a bit above the females I screw. The thing is, I feel you are too good for me sexually. No, don't protest. The truth is I screw women to get myself off, and avoid like the Plague any thought of taking any woman to the altar."

"Thanks for being honest with me, Kade. But all I was looking for was to be banged legless."

"Really, is that the truth?"

"Partly," she sighed, colouring. You've caught me out."

Kade grinned and said he admired her courage.

"Don't despair, honey. Here's a tip, I've heard that Frederick's youngest brother is due any day on his first trip here. If he's anything like his oldest brother, he might seek to get lucky with you."

"He'd be wasting his time because I will have slipped into sexual hibernation."

They laughed and Kade dropped a great compliment. He told Rodin she was a star and with her humour adding to her appeal.

"Bulldust."

"It's called bullshit in this country where a spade is called a spade. But I meant what I said, seriously. We must continue as close friends."

Kade took over the wheel when he dropped Rodin off at home.

"Keep in touch," he called, waving.

Jessie emerged from the house and the frustrated young America fell into her arms crying.

The helicopter suffered a mechanical fault and we diverted to Mata-something."

"Matamata?"

"Yes, that's the name of it."

"How disappointing for you both, Kade will be devastated."

"No," Rodin sobbed. He said he was relieved because he was aware that I was too good for him and I said bulldust."

"Ah, let me guess. He said we say bullshit and you laughed and began to feel better, thinking he was really a too nice a guy to be banging loose women."

"That's pretty accurate," Rodin sniffed.

"Well darling, you have had a rather complex man really open himself to you, which is rather unusual. To my knowledge, when he disappoints a female after having his fill, he just leaves her bewildered and says, "Be seeing you" and not suggesting another romp or two. He's too nice to say he doesn't want sex with her again and the hugely disappointed female is left probably thinking really, he's not totally an asshole."

The two females hugged tightly, both laughing freely.

Hine called later that evening.

"Come riding with me at 6.00 in the morning."

"Okay, and thanks. Um, how did you know I was home early?"

"According to the grapevine, someone saw Kade driving a Matamata Helicopter Services car, suggesting his helicopter has lost a cog or something. Are you okay?"

"Yep, there was no panic but I'm terribly disappointed."

"Well darling, you can lick my pussy if you wish, or I'll lend you one of my more than secret admirers."

"That's disgusting," Rodin giggled. "Just horse riding without any extras will be fine."

"Oh, sorry. Those Hollywood movies that I watch must have given me the wrong impression about American babes."

"Perhaps you'd be better if you confined your movies to documentaries."

Hine, giggling, replied, "Fuck you, Miss America. You need to loosen up and forget your upbringing in the Bible Belt."

"What's a Bible?" Rodin asked, setting them off into outright laughter.

Chapter 4

Hine and Rodin were in a grass clearing amid a forest bisected by dirt roads and a network of bike riding/horse riding tracks.

When they finished lunch of sandwiches and coffee, Hine held out a hand and Rodin took it.

Hine said lightly, "Would you like me to lick you, since you missed out having sex with Kade."

She waited, watching Rodin's eye pupils dilate slightly, and remained silent until Rodin nodded.

"Sensible girl," Hine said soothingly. "You have become my best friend. Not let's get your jeans off."

The slow, soft tonguing put Rodin on to a high and she felt the desire to sing.

Instead, she grabbed two handfuls of hair behind Hine's ears and slowly increased the tempo of the licking by gradually tightening her grip until she began breathing loudly and bucking her hips.

"Go, girl," she cried.

Hine responded, burying two fingers deeply into the leaking pussy and screwing them around rapidly.

"I'm coming," Rodin groaned and the tempo was increased furiously until she gushed over Hine's fingers.

"Fuck, fuck," yelled Rodin and her human stimulator took the cue and she went down on Hine and began eating pussy until Hine rolled away the end of her climax, also breathing heavily.