Big Johnson Trucking - Prologue

Story Info
Rig just wanted to be left alone. Life, had other ideas.
6.5k words
4.65
9.7k
21

Part 1 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 05/14/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey everyone, Ghost here. Just wanted to thank you all for reading my first real story. As of right now, this story is just a MFF+ monster girl harem romance with copious amounts of sex. It starts out slow but gets interesting (I think anyway) around chapter two. I'll warn you now, there is a lot of sex. Lesbian sex, group sex, all consensual but some could be considered implied. If this is not your thing, I'd find something else to read. If it is your thing, then read on and be sure to let me know what you think. I appreciate constructive criticism. ;-)

I guess it would be okay to let you know that I'll be uploading each chapter as I finish writing and editing it. It could take a while for each one so check back regularly for new content. For now, enjoy the prologue as it's the only "chapter" that's been read and edited more than a hooker turns tricks on a Friday night!

Big Johnson Trucking

Prologue

Wednesday May 20, 2020

Rig sat at his computer and stared at the monitor. He was in his home office trying to decide what to do about his current predicament. On the one hand, if he fired Thomas, his insurance rates would only go up marginally. However, Thomas was one of his best drivers and in 3 years of working for him and a pioneer driver at Rig's company, he never missed an appointment. That could be due to the three speeding violations Thomas had received in the last month, though. It just wasn't in Thomas to be this careless.

Just as he was about to pick up the phone and call Thomas back, his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Thomas calling. Well, that's unusual. Rig thought. "Big Johnson Trucking. This is Rig," he answered. Even though he could see who it was, Rig was a stickler for professionalism.

He heard a slight chuckle on the other end as Thomas replied, "Rig, it's Thomas. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that this happened. I'm not usually so inattentive."

"I know you're not, Thomas," Rig replied. "But the truth is this is a real problem. The insurance company is pushing me to terminate you."

"I kind of figured," Thomas replied, resigned. "Anything I can do to keep that from happening?"

"Let me think it over and I'll get back to you by the end of the day," Rig said. "Don't sweat it too much. Though if it's any consolation, I don't want to have to let you go. You're a damn good driver. It's just these insurance companies these days only care about one thing. The almighty dollar. I'll make a few calls after lunch and do my damndest to make something work. No promises, though. Be safe, and for God's sake, keep your foot off the pedal. Bye."

Rig heard Thomas reply with a "Will do" before he hung up. He was about to pick up the phone again to call the insurance company, but as he reached for the receiver it rang again. He didn't recognize the number this time. He answered his usual professional reply but was met with silence on the other end. "Hello?" Soft chuckling evolved into barking laughter on the other end. "Yeah, yeah, I get it," Rig said, rather curtly this time. "Very funny. Ha-Ha. Now who is this and how can I help you?"

"Hahahahaha. I'm sorry, Rig," the voice chuckled. "I wasn't sure if the company name was a typo in the listing or not. This is Lance Barton."

Lance Barton? Rig thought. Lance was one of Rig's so-called friends and they had had a falling out right after their high school graduation. The night of, actually. Lance was messing around trying to get with Rig's girlfriend at the time, Rebecca Stewart. She had turned him down on more than one occasion until, one day, Rig and Rebecca had gotten into an argument and she stormed off. Lance had been waiting in the bushes, as it were, to ambush her and ended up sweet-talking her into his bed. He caught them at their graduation party and, well, that had been the end of their friendship. Not to mention, the end of Rig and Rebecca's relationship as well. He had stormed out of the house where the party was taking place, slamming the door as he left, putting the past behind him. I haven't heard from this bastard since high school. I wonder what the hell he wants?

"Lance," Rig started. "I don't mean to be rude but I'm a bit busy at the moment. How can I help you?"

"Geez, man. No friendly greeting for your old pal?" Lance asked, a bit put out. "It's been 25 years, man. You still mad at me?"

Rig didn't have the patience to get into this right now. "Lance, I'd love to catch up, and if you want to try and patch up an old grievance, I'm more than willing to hear you out. However, I'm currently dealing with a small crisis in my company right now. Can you get to the point of the phone call? Or was that it?"

He heard Lance sigh on the other end of the phone. "Actually, I kind of need a favor, i...if you can help." Rig stiffened, taken aback. "I wouldn't ask but I have no other ideas and since you're in the area, I thought you might be able to make some calls. You know, eyes on, as it were."

"Whaaaat are you talking about, Lance?" Rig asked, slowly, genuinely confused about what was happening.

Lance sighed again, a defeated tone coming from his next words. "It's about my daughter, Rig. My little girl. She's been in college up there in the medical program."

"Oh?" Rig said, perplexed. "I had no idea. Actually," he started, a bit sheepishly. "I had no idea you had any kids in the first place. Never would have pegged you-"

"I married Rebecca," Lance interrupted quickly. Rig's breath hitched and he coughed, shocked as he tried to untie the knot that slammed into his stomach. Lance stumbled on, his words seeming to come out in a jumble as he tried to explain. "We...well...after that night..." He took a deep breath and continued, slowly, as if he had collected his thoughts. "The truth is, I was a douche back then. I know it. I had the hots for your girlfriend and had resigned myself to doing whatever it took to have her. I pounced in her moment of weakness and...well...you know what happened after that. I became less of a douche as we started dating and we eventually married. I know you're busy so to make a long story short, I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry, Rig. But right now I need your help. My little girl needs your help."

Rig sat there, stunned. It was his turn now to sigh. "Okay, Lance. Okay." He took a deep breath, calming himself. "How can I help?"

"To put it bluntly, she needs a place to stay," Lance explained. "She had a full-ride scholarship for four years but I got a letter from the scholarship committee that they had to rearrange some finances and whatnot to compensate for all the political bullshit going on with the pandemic." Well, at least we see eye to eye on that front. Rig thought. "She's just wrapping up her sophomore year and they said that starting next semester, room and board will no longer be provided for under the new scholarship award guidelines. The only things provided for are her schooling and any supplies she needs, and only those that are completely necessary for her classes."

"So, in other words," Rig added. "Only her books."

"Bingo. It sucks. I've called listings all over the area but I'm currently out of work due to this damned virus and can't afford what everyone wants to charge. I'm living relatively comfortably on my unemployment, but not comfortable enough to be able to afford an additional rent payment every month. Jasmine works a part-time job while she's in school but even with that, it's just not enough."

"I hear you, Lance," Rig said. "So, essentially, because I'm south of town, rent might be a bit cheaper down here and you'd like me to see if I can find her a place within your respective budgets. That sound about right?"

"That's what I was hoping for anyway," Lance stated. "So, can you help me?"

"What kind of time frame are we looking at?" Rig asked.

"She's got a week left in the semester. Then, she was able to finagle the dean of students into letting her stay an additional week after the semester is over," Lance informed him.

"So, two weeks, tops," Rig affirmed. "And your budget?"

"If she can keep her current job, then about $400, utilities included. $500 if she eats nothing but ramen every month." Lance chuckled half-heartedly.

"Wow. You know that's going to be damn near impossible, right?" Rig asked, genuine surprise in his voice.

"Yeah, that's why I'm calling," Lance answered. "With eyes on, you'd be able to see places that might be available that aren't listed online."

"Wait," Rig started. "What about Rebecca? Isn't she working?"

Rig could practically hear the silence coming from the other end of the phone as Lance didn't reply right away. "I-I'd...rather not have that conversation over the phone, if it's..alright with you, Rig."

"Sure," Rig stated, sheepishly. "Sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

"No, no. It's not that," Lance said, quickly. "I'd just rather talk to you about that in person, that's all."

"Ok," Rig agreed. "Give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can come up with. I'll do some driving around and see what I can find."

"Thanks, Rig," Lance said, sounding relieved.

Rig ended the call and sat back in his chair. Well, that was unexpected. Rig thought. Yet, intriguing. He was interrupted by a gurgling sound coming from his stomach. As much as he had to do today he decided to take a long lunch. As he headed out, he made a mental note to keep an eye out for any rent houses or cheap apartments available. He knew that any that weren't posted online would probably be cheap and run-down. He hopped in his truck and headed to town.

Lunch was a simple affair at a locally owned and operated restaurant/bakery located in the downtown area. They had the best burgers in the county, after all, and he had been craving a good burger. He sat at a corner table with a good view of the dining area. Grief suddenly overwhelmed him and he was forced to wipe a tear from his cheek with a finger just before the server brought out his food. He missed her. God, he missed her even though it'd been two years since she passed. She was only forty years old when she was killed by a drunk driver. They'd been married for fifteen years and had a love that only comes along once in a lifetime.

He vowed after she died that there would never be anyone else. His heart just wouldn't be able to love again after a loss like that. She had always told him if anything ever happened to her she wanted him to find someone else. She just couldn't bear the thought of him being alone. He ate in silence, ignoring everyone around him as he reminisced alone in his grief.

After paying the bill, he walked out and down the street to the nutrition shop. He was a regular there and the owner knew him by name. They often chatted about the different goings-on around the world. Today, however, Rig just entered, got what he needed, and only exchanged pleasantries with the guy. He had work to do, after all. He knew the only way to get out of his grief-stricken slump was to get some work done. So much for the long lunch. He thought as he walked back to his pickup and climbed in.

On his way home he saw a small house with a FOR RENT sign out front but no number. He saw people going in and out of the house and it looked like they were cleaning the place out. No time like the present. He thought to himself as he pulled into the driveway. After a few minutes, he was able to locate the owners and inquire about the house.

It was a quaint little one bedroom/one bath house with a carport around the back. When they showed him around he wasn't too impressed with the place. The walls were covered in a thick, sickly brown grime that immediately made him think of a crack house. It was at that point when he noticed the smell. He asked the owners about it and, while they assured him they would do all they could to clean it up, it was pretty obvious that no city inspector with half a mind would ever allow an inspection to pass.

Out of curiosity, though, he inquired about the rent. It was six hundred fifty a month with a five hundred dollar deposit, half upfront and the remainder paid out over five months if he needed to do that. Fat chance!! He thought. He might have considered it for three hundred a month, but six-fifty?? No. He didn't even continue looking at the rest of the house.

He just smiled, telling them he'd think about it, and left. Well, that was a bust! He said as he got in his truck and drove off. He hated lying to people but if they were going to be swindling someone else out of any money for that shit-hole, a little lie wouldn't hurt them. And who knows, maybe they'll be so desperate they'll actually file a claim with their insurance and write the house off as a loss, which needed to be done in the first place.

When he got back home he unlocked his computer and brought up the program that shows where his drivers are, then called the insurance company. After an hour and a half of negotiating back and forth, they came to a resolution.

After hanging up with them, he sent an urgent message to Thomas's Qualcomm for him to give him a call. While he waited for the call he decided to look for any online listings for houses or apartments for rent within a reasonable driving distance from Jasmin's college. Unfortunately, there were precious few and even fewer with the budget Lance and Jasmine had.

Actually, there was only one. It was an hour's drive from her school, so he figured he'd go look at it if he was able to get his work done in time today. He still needed to get loads for two of his drivers and then try to see what the status was of the new truck and trailer he ordered. Those three things would take him at the very least, two hours. He went to call his favorite load broker when the phone rang. It was Thomas. What the hell is the deal with the phone ringing every time I go to make a call today?? He mused. He answered with his usual "Big Johnson Trucking. This is Rig."

Thomas chuckled slightly on the other end again before responding. "Seriously, boss, you've got to call and get that name mixup fixed."

"Oh, grow up, Thomas," Rig replied lightheartedly, even though Thomas had a good 10 years on him. "It's on my to-do list. Actually, if a certain someone hadn't have decided he needed to help fund California, Arizona, and Indiana, I'd have had it done by now." Rig teased.

"Yeah, I know, boss," Thomas said, sounding chastised.

"You're close to the yard, right?" Rig asked.

"Yeah."

"Great, what time can you be here?"

"Um, about six. Eating lunch right now then I can drive straight through," Thomas answered.

"That works. Come on in and call my cell when you get here. I most likely won't be in the office. I have an answer to our dilemma. And Thomas?" Rig asked, a seriousness in his tone.

"Yes, sir?" Thomas only ever called Rig "Sir" when he knew Rig meant business.

"Don't worry about your job. There are some uncomfortable things we've got to discuss, but at least you won't be job hunting tomorrow," Rig said.

"Thanks, Boss!" Thomas elated, sounding relieved.

Rig didn't even hang up the phone after telling Thomas goodbye. He just immediately called his favorite broker. Sally was a firecracker in her mid-sixties, but she was no-nonsense when it came to her job. "Hey, Sal," Rig said when she answered the phone.

"Rig, you beautiful man, you! Why do you keep me waiting every week? You know I love hearing your sexy southern drawl at least every other day??" Sally joked in her thick New Yorker accent.

"You know me, Sal. I don't like to talk on the phone."

"Then maybe you should just hop back in a truck and leave the 'owning your own company' business to someone else!" She joked. "Besides, you need to come up and take me to dinner!!"

"Can't do that, Sal. I'm in too deep now to back out," He said. "But trust me, if ever I'm up that way, I'll definitely be wining and dining you."

"I know, honey, I'm just teasing. What do you need?" Sally replied. The way she went from firecracker mode to all business so quickly always made Rig's head spin.

"Need a couple of loads if you can swing it," Rig said. "Bobby's in Atlanta and about ready to murder people on the two eighty-five if we don't get him out of there quick. Got anything going northwest or anywhere in between? Also, Shelly and David are in Walcott hanging out at the big eighty. They're not in that big of a hurry but they'd like to be on the road by tonight. Anywhere but the Big City is ok with them."

Sally scoffed. "New York City is not all that bad if you know what you're doing and where you're going. But, yeah, gimme an hour and I'll see what I can come up with."

"Bobby first, Sal," Rig reminded her as he hung up. He knew she heard him even if she was on her way to disconnecting the call. No pleasant goodbyes from her. He shook his head. All business, that one.

That done, he decided to call about the house before he forgot about it. He skipped the usual questions and just asked to meet to see the house. He could get everything he needed as they gave him a tour. They agreed to meet at about five.

He hung up and, loathing it, called Kenworth. He loved their trucks; their people, not so much. His truck had been on backorder for six months now because of the pandemic. Every month he called and every month he got the same answer. They're working hard to catch up; Please be patient, yadda yadda.

After a half-hour on hold, this call was no different. He had a driver on the hook for the truck but with no truck, he couldn't very well hire the girl, now could he? She agreed to be patient but he knew how the mega-carrier she drove for could be. All it would take is for one load to go awry and she'd be gone. They went through drivers like a prostitute goes through clients. So, although she was patient; He was not.

He called Great Dane next about his trailer. Hopefully, he'd get better news. Answering on the first ring, he was transferred to his salesperson and was told, miraculously, that his trailer would be ready next week! Awesome!! Now, if he could just get a truck to pull it, he'd be in business. I might just rent one until mine is ready. He thought.

His phone rang and he answered before looking who it was. It was Sally. She had a couple of loads available for each driver and Rig listened as she gave him the details. He picked the ones he wanted and had her send them off to their respective drivers. He trusted Sally over any of the other brokers he dealt with because he knew she wouldn't short-change him. That's why Sally had access to his Qualcomm information. He trusted her that much, even though he'd never seen her face. He looked at his watch. Four-thirty. Just enough time to get to the house by five.

As he pulled into the drive, his heart sank. He had so hoped this house hunt would be easy. Apparently, he was wrong. This house was little better than a run-down shack. No wonder there weren't any pictures on the website. He went through with the tour, though, out of obligation. He didn't want to waste the guy's time even though his was wasted.

Rig had never had kids. They had wanted kids. They tried; boy how they tried! It just wasn't in the cards, though, so he tried to put himself in Lance's shoes and think about this from a father's perspective.

As he went through the house, he found it frankly wasn't as bad as he expected. It had running water, decent lighting and only the occasional floorboard bowed a bit under his weight. The backyard was spacious with a tree line about fifty feet out. The price was perfect at only three-fifty a month, all bills paid, but something caught his attention as he walked back outside. He looked around. The nearest neighbor was about a quarter of a mile away. Looking at his phone he noticed the signal was pretty much nil. He shook his head.

12